More cheap games @ Gamefly: Mass Effect $20, DMC4 $20, Stranglehold $10

mxpowar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
CheapyD Update:

All have free shipping.
GameFly's games come complete with manual and case, are usually in excellent condition, and are guaranteed.

:360:Jericho $9.99
:360:Stranglehold $9.99
:360:The Darkness $12.99
:360:Blacksite: Area 51 $12.99
:360:Timeshift $14.99 OOS - 06/18/08
:360:Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom $14.99
:360:Assassin's Creed $17.99
:360:MOH: Airborne $17.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***
:360:Mass Effect $19.99
:360:Devil May Cry 4 $19.99
:360:Burnout Paradise $19.99
:360:PGR 4 $19.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***
:360:Simpsons Game $19.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***

:ps3:Lost: Via Domus $17.99 OOS - 06/18/08
:ps3:Assassin's Creed $17.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***
:ps3:Unreal Tournament III $17.99
:ps3:Devil May Cry 4 $19.99
:ps3:The Club $19.99
:ps3:Jericho $19.99
:ps3:Lost Planet: Extreme Condition $19.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***
:ps3:MLK 2K8 $19.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***
:ps3:Lair $19.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***
:ps3:GRAW 2 $19.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***

:wii:Dewy's Adventure $14.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***
:wii:Manhunt 2 $14.99 OOS - 06/18/08
:wii:NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams $14.99
:wii:Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law $14.99
:wii:Victorious Boxers: Revolution $15.99
:wii:Soul Calibur Legends $15.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***

:wii:Newly available Wii games for sale.
:ps3:Newly available PS3 games for sale.
:360:Newly available Xbox 360 games for sale.

Original post... Thanks mxpowar!
Looks like Gamefly has lowered some prices on some games. Here's what I found that looked interesting:

PS3

Devil May Cry 4 $19.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=124905&t=0

The Club $19.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=121750&t=0

Jericho $19.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=125945&t=0

Lost: Via Domus $17.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=128530&t=0

Xbox 360

Mass Effect $19.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=125040&t=0

Devil May Cry 4 $19.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=125760&t=0

Stranglehold $9.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=121915&t=0

The Orange Box $31.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=125975&t=0

Jericho $9.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=125940&t=0

The Darkness $12.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=124360&t=0

Blacksite: Area 51 $12.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=126165&t=0

There are other deals probably; this is just what I found. And before anyone asks, Gamefly discs are USUALLY in very good condition if not outright mint. They are used but they include the original case and manual which are ALWAYS mint condition. I just bought Lost for PS3 and I got FREE SHIPPING even though I'm not a member. I don't know which other games get free shipping so please post if you find out.

[quote name='evanft']Hmmmm....is UT3 worth getting?[/quote]

at this price yes with all the mods you can add (x360 version can't do this), but at full retail price no. Besides if you dont like it you can flip it at BBV for $30+

it depends what you order, I got 5 games and had to wait for the fedex guy to come back after a sig....anyways, burnout/mass effect (360) mint, the club (ps3) mint, manhunt 2 (mint exept for the disc, scratched to hell and back, and stranglehold (mint except for the disc, scratched to hell and back)

Ok my game just cam in.

Case and manual are BRAND NEW!!.

Problem is the actual game is scratched up and has chips all aorund the outer edge, I popped it in the Xbox 360 and it works fine.....

I'm still not to proud of the game condition and while it was a god deal $17.99 for Assassins Creed I would never have paid that much if I knew the game condition was like this.

Basically by looking at the game you would'nt think it would plaY, but it does.

I would have rather paid $5.00 more for a better condition game, this game has probably been in about 100 different peoples hands, definately not a good deal and I will not purchase from gamefly again

DMC4 (360) just arrived. Case and manual are flawless. Disc looked all scratched up until I use my PSP cleaning cloth and now it looks much better. For $20 can't complain.

mass effect ordered Tuesday came in today bubble mailer. From Tampa to Birmingham 3 days. Same as almost everyone manual mint, case mint, game clawed and then some. The chips around the edge really get me. Can't blame gamefly, but if this thing doesn't play...

my question is how do you chip a $60 game for a $350 system, must be playing ultimate frisbee with these things. but then again, i don't follow the 'its a rental don't be gentle' rule.

[quote name='vrblknch']mass effect ordered Tuesday came in today bubble mailer. From Tampa to Birmingham 3 days. Same as almost everyone manual mint, case mint, game clawed and then some. The chips around the edge really get me. Can't blame gamefly, but if this thing doesn't play...

my question is how do you chip a $60 game for a $350 system, must be playing ultimate frisbee with these things. but then again, i don't follow the 'its a rental don't be gentle' rule.[/QUOTE]

I know I take really, really good care of my games and they will sometimes have little knicks along the edges. Maybe spinning around in the system does that. They are little knicks that make me raise a eyebrow, but they aren't massive. Now if what you have are huge, the that's another case all together....

I ordered mine (Burnout Paradise, 360) and it shipped on the 19th. It should get here monday or tuesday. I'd love for it to be here today, but it's coming from Pittsburgh and it usually takes a few days and I never seem to get mail on saturdays. Not in the last month or so. Weird...

The games are shipped out in paper sleeves during rental so my guess is that's the culprit.
All 3 of my games had chips but maybe im a little luckier because it only had 3-4 chips on each disc and they weren't huge.

I've seen worst from ebay and at least at GF the case and booklet are mint.

The only problem with these prices is that they're not from JUST the Gamefly store, which means you HAVE to be a Gamefly member to get them and ya gotta rent them first to 'keep them'. Otherwise, I'd go out and snag a pre-paid Visa for $25 or so to grab Assassin's Creed for PS3 for $17.99.

Got my Stranglehold. Disc had about 10ish chips on the outer edge of the disc. Disc was scratched to hell as well. Case and Manual are in good condition though which is good. I hope my other 2 games come in better condition but I doubt it. I'll probably never buy used games from Gamefly again.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The only problem with these prices is that they're not from JUST the Gamefly store, which means you HAVE to be a Gamefly member to get them and ya gotta rent them first to 'keep them'. Otherwise, I'd go out and snag a pre-paid Visa for $25 or so to grab Assassin's Creed for PS3 for $17.99.[/quote]

No, you don't have to be a gamefly member to just order these. I think you're just confused because sometimes they go OOS.

Don't jinx me guys!!! I have a damn near perfect record with Gamefly and the rentals! I really hope my Burnout comes today. But don't jinx me bro!!

I just got DMC4 (PS3) and it literally looks untouched. I've looked at the disc from every angle and there are no imperfections whatsoever (no smudges, scratches, fingerprints, nothing), it doesn't even look like it's been rented out.

The order status for the game I ordered says "to be bought", what does this mean? I recieved a confirmation email after entering my credit card information and I was told I would be recieving a shipping confirmation within 24-48 hours . I saw the pending transaction for the game on my credit card statement, but it's dissapeared now. The funny thing is I ordered a game a few days ago and it's been shipped out but I do not see the transaction for that either.

Just received Mass Effect and DMC4. Both discs have wear and tear scratches, but all in all I'm satisfied.

Also, the cover for DMC4 has a slight crack in it, but I'm not too bummed about it. Could i possibly trade out this plastic case for an original xbox plastic case?

just got my copy of UT3 for the ps3..and im not gonna lie. This is probably one of the sexiest used game and case i have ever bought..

Did anyone else order 3 or more games? If so, did you recieve a shipping confirmation email for each one? I ordered 5 games, all seperate orders since it wouldn't let me do all at once, and I only recieved a shipping confirmation for the first 2 games I rented. I got the initial email saying I ordered the games for each of the five but nothing since and this was 50+ hours ago. Also, they charged me for all 5 games. Were the multiple games shipped in the game package or seperate?

Mass Effect and AC for 360 came in today in bubble mailers, discs in very good condition, Mass Effect manual slightly creased. Game cases have small gashes from overzealous opening with a utility knife by the gamefly staffers but did not affect the case's integrity.

Overall very happy with the condition and shipping.

Haven't received mine yet, but I ordered on Wed morning, so yeah. I think I'm gonna cave and order Assassin's Creed though. That price is just too good.
*edit* nevermind. Found the confirmation email.

Well, I got my copy of Burnout today, and it was in pretty decent condition. Disc has the normal wear and tear of being played, though there are very tiny chips in it,which I would assume came from being sent through the USPO. Plays perfectly. Case is in mint condition, hell, it still has the Safety device stickers on it.

Let's see how my DMC will look on Monday.

My copy of Mass Effect looked like it was handled very well by the people that rented it. Some slight chips in the edge of the disk, but other than that it's in great shape. Manual and case were terrific. Great deal for $20. I rented DMC4 to see how the disk looked before I bought it. We'll see how that one looks when it gets here on Monday.

[quote name='VerbalKint']Did anyone else order 3 or more games? If so, did you recieve a shipping confirmation email for each one? I ordered 5 games, all seperate orders since it wouldn't let me do all at once, and I only recieved a shipping confirmation for the first 2 games I rented. I got the initial email saying I ordered the games for each of the five but nothing since and this was 50+ hours ago. Also, they charged me for all 5 games. Were the multiple games shipped in the game package or seperate?[/quote]

I bought 2 games and only got an email for one of them. This was like 4 days ago.

It seems as if the PS3 games fair much better than games on other systems since the blu-ray protection coating technology. Even used games I'm purchased from Gamestop and used movies I've gotten from eBay have been flawless other then smudges that come right off.

One of the games I ordered came in today (UT3), but no Stranglehold, even though I ordered both on the same day and got shipping confirmations on the same day.

UT3 came in good shape, disk is flawless. Case is fine, except for the fact that it was shipped slightly OPEN and the disk wasnt fully fastened to the pin.

Got my copies of Stranglehold and DMC4 for 360 today. The cases and manuals for both are mint. The disc for Stranglehold looks like it has never been used before, and DMC4 has a little wear from normal use.

Extremely happy with Gamefly and will definitely purchase used from them in the future.

I've already ordered Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed and I'm considering getting Burnout: Paradise. Would you guys recommend it? The online multiplayer intrigues me, is their a decent amount of people on the servers? I am not really that much into racing games but I seemed to have some fun with Burnout: Revenge when I played it awhile back.

Wow, this was the first time I've bought anything from gamefly and I am impressed. I ordered DMC4 and it came in fantastic condition. The game, case, and manual look brand new.

I'll definitely be checking out gamefly more often now. :applause:

yep, add me to the list of people who got their game in great condition. My stranglehold looked flawless and the case and manual were in similar condition. Great deal.

DMC4 for PS3 came in looking practically brand new. Small ding near the outskirts of the disc which I don't expect will effect play at all. Great price and condition!

Assassin's Creed and KUF:CoD came in the mail yesterday. The cases, manuals and discs all in perfect condition, even got two unused 48hr Live Cards with KUF.

Will probably get DMC4, Jericho, and The Club next week.

These are great deals and I'm going to order mass effect and dmc 4 but I have a question, are gamefly's deals normally this cheap and how often do they add new games to the store?

GameFly has great deals like this every few months (last time it was this good was the Holiday (Christmas/New Year) sale), then it goes to decent prices for a while. New games added are every once in a while, pretty hit-or-miss with that.

Thanks for the heads-up OP. I finally picked up DMC4 for 360 at a decent price. :D Hopefully it arrives in good condition.

[quote name='SlowGraffiti']I've already ordered Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed and I'm considering getting Burnout: Paradise. Would you guys recommend it? The online multiplayer intrigues me, is their a decent amount of people on the servers? I am not really that much into racing games but I seemed to have some fun with Burnout: Revenge when I played it awhile back.[/QUOTE]

I would definitely recommend Burnout: Paradise, I had a lot of fun just cruising around the big open city, and the online is actually very enjoyable. If your asking about the 360 version, the online seems to still be very active.. never had any problems joining a full server.

And I believe theres some new content being released for free pretty soon, adding even more content.

[quote name='Boeing 747']Damnit, no PS3 version of Assasins Creed for sale? Although DMC4 is tempting, I've always hated those style games.[/quote]

If you are a member, they let you keep assasins creed for the PS3 for $16.19 which already includes 10% discount for being a member for a 3 months or more. I just got assasins creed PS3 from gamefly this past week, in which the game itself seems brand new and also had update 1.1 already on the disk. So most likely im going to keep the game because I also have a $5 coupon, which makes the game only $12.XX after tax.

Got my DMC4 and Blacksite Area 51 and both came scratched to hell like Stranglehold did. The cases and manuals look great though. Blacksite is also cracked in the center ring. Both also have numerous chips around the outer edge of the disc's.

I am super disappointed since I read great things about Gamefly's used games. I can say that I will never purchase a used game from Gamefly. I'm not bashing GF but I usually never ever buy used games in the first place due to these reasons. Thanks for the deals though.

got my mass effect today in excellent condition manual and disc are mint, only damage is very small cracks on case, which i think occurred during shipping. A+

hrmmm.. i ordered 3 games last week, and got 2 of them on saturday. hopefully the third shows up today.. not sure how they got seperated, but i suppose it's possible.

the 2 i received(burnout and mass effect) were both in great shape.

from what i understand, burnout will be receiving a bunch of new multiplayer content in a few weeks, and a whole new ISLAND in august

bread's done
Back