More cheap games @ Gamefly: Mass Effect $20, DMC4 $20, Stranglehold $10

mxpowar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
CheapyD Update:

All have free shipping.
GameFly's games come complete with manual and case, are usually in excellent condition, and are guaranteed.

:360:Jericho $9.99
:360:Stranglehold $9.99
:360:The Darkness $12.99
:360:Blacksite: Area 51 $12.99
:360:Timeshift $14.99 OOS - 06/18/08
:360:Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom $14.99
:360:Assassin's Creed $17.99
:360:MOH: Airborne $17.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***
:360:Mass Effect $19.99
:360:Devil May Cry 4 $19.99
:360:Burnout Paradise $19.99
:360:PGR 4 $19.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***
:360:Simpsons Game $19.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***

:ps3:Lost: Via Domus $17.99 OOS - 06/18/08
:ps3:Assassin's Creed $17.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***
:ps3:Unreal Tournament III $17.99
:ps3:Devil May Cry 4 $19.99
:ps3:The Club $19.99
:ps3:Jericho $19.99
:ps3:Lost Planet: Extreme Condition $19.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***
:ps3:MLK 2K8 $19.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***
:ps3:Lair $19.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***
:ps3:GRAW 2 $19.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***

:wii:Dewy's Adventure $14.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***
:wii:Manhunt 2 $14.99 OOS - 06/18/08
:wii:NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams $14.99
:wii:Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law $14.99
:wii:Victorious Boxers: Revolution $15.99
:wii:Soul Calibur Legends $15.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***

:wii:Newly available Wii games for sale.
:ps3:Newly available PS3 games for sale.
:360:Newly available Xbox 360 games for sale.

Original post... Thanks mxpowar!
Looks like Gamefly has lowered some prices on some games. Here's what I found that looked interesting:

PS3

Devil May Cry 4 $19.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=124905&t=0

The Club $19.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=121750&t=0

Jericho $19.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=125945&t=0

Lost: Via Domus $17.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=128530&t=0

Xbox 360

Mass Effect $19.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=125040&t=0

Devil May Cry 4 $19.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=125760&t=0

Stranglehold $9.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=121915&t=0

The Orange Box $31.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=125975&t=0

Jericho $9.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=125940&t=0

The Darkness $12.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=124360&t=0

Blacksite: Area 51 $12.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=126165&t=0

There are other deals probably; this is just what I found. And before anyone asks, Gamefly discs are USUALLY in very good condition if not outright mint. They are used but they include the original case and manual which are ALWAYS mint condition. I just bought Lost for PS3 and I got FREE SHIPPING even though I'm not a member. I don't know which other games get free shipping so please post if you find out.

Added in some new entries to the OP, as well as links to the complete list of "Newly Available For Sale" games. All the new additions show free shipping when purchased.

[quote name='shrike4242']Added in some new entries to the OP, as well as links to the complete list of "Newly Available For Sale" games. All the new additions show free shipping when purchased.[/quote]

A few of those have been OOS for a day or two, I've noticed Blacksite 51, Timeshift, and LOST via Domus. Maybe you can update? I'm not familiar with Gamefly though, maybe they'll come back?

Someone else posted about a 10% discount? Is that the membership discount? Do you get that discount with a trial? And how often do they offer free shipping on used games? (wasn't that a member perk recently?)

[quote name='funkflexmctough']A few of those have been OOS for a day or two, I've noticed Blacksite 51, Timeshift, and LOST via Domus. Maybe you can update? I'm not familiar with Gamefly though, maybe they'll come back?

Someone else posted about a 10% discount? Is that the membership discount? Do you get that discount with a trial? And how often do they offer free shipping on used games? (wasn't that a member perk recently?)[/quote]I checked everything and listed anything not in stock with "OOS - 06/18/08".

The 10% discount is a member's discount, and I'm not sure if they give it to you during the trial.

Members always get free shipping on games, though non-members only get free shipping from time to time.

[quote name='funkflexmctough']Someone else posted about a 10% discount? Is that the membership discount? Do you get that discount with a trial?[/quote]
You have to be a member for at least 1 year to get the 10% off. After 6 months you get the 5% off.

sorry for the stupid question earlier, as it pissed off a few. thanks for the replies tho. anyways i ordered Burnout Paradise, i could resist it for $20. i hope it comes in mint condition thanks OP and everyone else.

[quote name='chanster']has anyone gotten a shipping notice[/QUOTE]

Yes, I received a shipping notice for all of my orders. Took about a day after the actual order was placed.

[quote name='chanster']has anyone gotten a shipping notice[/quote]

My Assassin's Creed and Stranglehold orders shipped this morning, and Mass Effect and The Darkness orders shipped this afternoon. Placed all orders around noon yesterday.

[quote name='chanster']has anyone gotten a shipping notice[/quote]

Yes I did, My orders shipped today. I'll be getting them in 3-5 business days.

[quote name='Darkslayerz']ARGGGGGG assasin's is sold out!!!! T-T noooooooo[/quote]

if your a member you can rent the game(s) you want and get to keep them later if you want. Only works if the games description says "Keep it: (Cost)" and is on its way, it doesn't work if it says NOT FOR SALE.

They just shipped assassins creed to me so im keeping it :)

[quote name='devildr1ver']if your a member you can rent the game(s) you want and get to keep them later if you want. Only works if the games description says "Keep it: (Cost)" and is on its way, it doesn't work if it says NOT FOR SALE.

They just shipped assassins creed to me so im keeping it :)[/quote]

Pretty much ANY game they will give you a "keep it" option after you have it out for a week or two. Its a great way to get brand new titles for $10-15 off right at launch ;)

[quote name='Lamplitersniper']Pretty much ANY game they will give you a "keep it" option after you have it out for a week or two. Its a great way to get brand new titles for $10-15 off right at launch ;)[/QUOTE]

Gotta factor in that $15 dollar membership fee... though of course if you use it often it pays for itself. Just worth saying...

[quote name='nikkai']Gotta factor in that $15 dollar membership fee... though of course if you use it often it pays for itself. Just worth saying...[/quote]

Well yeah but if you are member anyways and rent games anyways it kinda doesnt matter. You pay the $15 to rent games each month and then you buy the games when you want ;)

Also the rewards for being a member are nice. $5 every 3 months and then 5% and 10% after the 6 and 9 month memberships respectively.

I just said what I said as an assumption that someone was a member of course.

[quote name='Lamplitersniper']Pretty much ANY game they will give you a "keep it" option after you have it out for a week or two. Its a great way to get brand new titles for $10-15 off right at launch ;)[/quote]

You dont have to wait for a week or two, once the game is on its way to the subscribers house you have the option to buy it.:bouncy:

[quote name='devildr1ver']You dont have to wait for a week or two, once the game is on its way to the subscribers house you have the option to buy it.:bouncy:[/quote]

if they ever get a shipping center in Texas I would join. Right now it takes to long to get games, so the 15 bucks a month is not worth it. For those that live on the East and west coast...it is a great deal. The perk of getting new games cheap is a plus.

[quote name='foxdvd']if they ever get a shipping center in Texas I would join. Right now it takes to long to get games, so the 15 bucks a month is not worth it. For those that live on the East and west coast...it is a great deal. The perk of getting new games cheap is a plus.[/quote]

they just opened a gamefly place @ austin, tx so games get here within 2 days.

Got Burnout and i'll probably be getting Stranglehold as well. I put a buy it alert on Assassin's Creed... good thing my brother has it though. =)

/got paid today

Just snagged Devil May Cry 4 (360)! I'm so excited, I've been wanting to play this game but I'm hardly ever willing to pay full price for any games any more.

Man, could not resist though I did for a few days. In for DMC4, Unreal Tourney, and The Club all PS3. Glad Timeshift was out or I'd a been on that too. lol

Wish Burnout was for the PS3, I'd a been on that as well.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Been waiting for this year's Martin Luther King game to drop in price. Thanks Shrike.[/quote]
Yes! I've always wanted to re-enact his famous speech...just not a full price.

[quote name='VerbalKint']Man, could not resist though I did for a few days. In for DMC4, Unreal Tourney, and The Club all PS3. Glad Timeshift was out or I'd a been on that too. lol

Wish Burnout was for the PS3, I'd a been on that as well.[/quote]

Timeshift is back in stock now. Their supply is back and forth on some games. If its removed from the sale like Blacksite 51 I think its then gone for good.

Burnout is available on ps3, just $28 not 20.

In for Stranglehold.

I told myself I wasn't going to bite on this because my backlog is already bigger than I'm comfortable with, but how can you say no to Stranglehold for $10? As far as I can tell, you can't.

How are these still in stock? They must have a ton of them! My order shipped yesterday, so I'll probably have them Monday or Tuesday :)

[quote name='Danimal']In for Stranglehold.

I told myself I wasn't going to bite on this because my backlog is already bigger than I'm comfortable with, but how can you say no to Stranglehold for $10? As far as I can tell, you can't.[/quote]

I'm finding that very hard, even though it didn't get great reviews and the demo wasn't all that great. Still, $10 does seem worth it. The Free Shipping makes it really tempting. I'm not sure yet though since I don't really have time for it and I wanted to revisit a few RPGs over the rest of the summer. Plus I'll probably finish MGS4 tomorrow and play through that another 3 or 4 times.

Hey guys, I just received a e-mail from Gamefly that Assassin's Creed for the 360 is back in stock... I just nabbed myself a copy, who knows it could be sold out again any second now! :lol:

Yeah I tried to resist this sale as well by just picking up Burnout Paradise on Tuesday but the fact that I've been wanting to blast through Stranglehold for a while and DMC4 was one of the games on my B2G1 gamestop wishlist, I caved yesterday and picked those two up. 3 solid games for the $50 plus tax I was considering paying when they first came out was too tempting!

thanks OP, picked up Stranglehold & Darkness for 360 and Lair on PS3 (I know it got bad ratings but I've been wanting to play it for a long time... and this is the cheapest I'd seen it.) not too shabby... I would have loved to get Burnout Paradise 360 for $20 seeing I just paid $40 for it 2 weeks ago. doh!

some really great deals there.

assassin's creed & stranglehold are "steals" :D

i already have them, but i did bite on mass effect for
$19.99, especially since i still had a $5.00 off gamefly coupon :lol:

Somewhat off topic so I apologize. Can you use the "Keep It" feature of Gamefly if you're on a trial (10 day trial, perhaps?) account? I would love to pick up a few games that aren't for sale to public, and I'm not currently a subscriber. Thanks!

[quote name='Darkslayerz']Can somebody please tell me how circle of doom is??? Iwant to get it but it got such bad reviews. is it worth 14.99?[/quote]

it's as much a button masher as possible. if you like that kind of game, 14.99 is fair. if you want something deeper than that, then pass at any price.

I could have bought about 3 or 4 but opted only for Mass Effect. If I didn't have Stranglehold, I'd be all over that. Simply put, it's one of the most satisfyingly fun games ever, but really short.

Well, I couldn't resist Burnout Paradise at $20 which is my cheap point when it comes to newer releases. I will have plenty of time to play it after my girl stops playing MGS4 on my TV because I just got switched to a 4 Day/10 hour work schedule so I have Fridays off starting next week.

[quote name='KAMIKAZEJELLO']Somewhat off topic so I apologize. Can you use the "Keep It" feature of Gamefly if you're on a trial (10 day trial, perhaps?) account? I would love to pick up a few games that aren't for sale to public, and I'm not currently a subscriber. Thanks![/quote]

Same question for me. I'm currently just starting a 30 day trial.

I went to buy Assassin's creed for the 360 but they're OOS. Did the Buy it Alert thing.

I figure if I get bored with it I can sell it on craigslist for cost or even a little profit. 17.99 is a steal.

Can't wait for my Mass Effect and DMC4 to come in too.

bread's done
Back