More cheap games @ Gamefly: Mass Effect $20, DMC4 $20, Stranglehold $10

mxpowar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
CheapyD Update:

All have free shipping.
GameFly's games come complete with manual and case, are usually in excellent condition, and are guaranteed.

:360:Jericho $9.99
:360:Stranglehold $9.99
:360:The Darkness $12.99
:360:Blacksite: Area 51 $12.99
:360:Timeshift $14.99 OOS - 06/18/08
:360:Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom $14.99
:360:Assassin's Creed $17.99
:360:MOH: Airborne $17.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***
:360:Mass Effect $19.99
:360:Devil May Cry 4 $19.99
:360:Burnout Paradise $19.99
:360:PGR 4 $19.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***
:360:Simpsons Game $19.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***

:ps3:Lost: Via Domus $17.99 OOS - 06/18/08
:ps3:Assassin's Creed $17.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***
:ps3:Unreal Tournament III $17.99
:ps3:Devil May Cry 4 $19.99
:ps3:The Club $19.99
:ps3:Jericho $19.99
:ps3:Lost Planet: Extreme Condition $19.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***
:ps3:MLK 2K8 $19.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***
:ps3:Lair $19.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***
:ps3:GRAW 2 $19.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***

:wii:Dewy's Adventure $14.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***
:wii:Manhunt 2 $14.99 OOS - 06/18/08
:wii:NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams $14.99
:wii:Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law $14.99
:wii:Victorious Boxers: Revolution $15.99
:wii:Soul Calibur Legends $15.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***

:wii:Newly available Wii games for sale.
:ps3:Newly available PS3 games for sale.
:360:Newly available Xbox 360 games for sale.

Original post... Thanks mxpowar!
Looks like Gamefly has lowered some prices on some games. Here's what I found that looked interesting:

PS3

Devil May Cry 4 $19.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=124905&t=0

The Club $19.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=121750&t=0

Jericho $19.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=125945&t=0

Lost: Via Domus $17.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=128530&t=0

Xbox 360

Mass Effect $19.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=125040&t=0

Devil May Cry 4 $19.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=125760&t=0

Stranglehold $9.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=121915&t=0

The Orange Box $31.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=125975&t=0

Jericho $9.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=125940&t=0

The Darkness $12.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=124360&t=0

Blacksite: Area 51 $12.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=126165&t=0

There are other deals probably; this is just what I found. And before anyone asks, Gamefly discs are USUALLY in very good condition if not outright mint. They are used but they include the original case and manual which are ALWAYS mint condition. I just bought Lost for PS3 and I got FREE SHIPPING even though I'm not a member. I don't know which other games get free shipping so please post if you find out.

Picked up Burnout Paradise and Blacksite: Area 51. I hope to blow through Blacksite this weekend. At $20 I can afford to sit on Burnout (I like to have one racing game sitting around).

At those prices I would have gotten AC, ME, DMC4, KUF, Stranglehold, Darkness, Jericho, Timeshift and Bioshock if I hadn't played them all already. I wouldn't mind playing ME, DMC4 and KUF again, but they'd have to be cheaper because I would probably sit on them awhile before I got back to them. Between Target clearance/coupon, the Amazon prices and this sale I've got quite the backlog going.

For some reason they charged me for 2 Mass Effect games.....So if it gets sold out and I cant return it.....Feel free to buy it off me for what I paid plus the Shipping costs to you.

All the games on this list that I would want I already have! With the exception of Stranglehold (which I don't want all that badly, but for $10.00). If I didn't own so many of these games I'd be pretty fucking stoked.

In for DMC 4 and Stranglehold--both for the 360. I'm tempted to pick up something for my new Walmart PS3--but all these games seem to be better for 360...and then there's the achievements too...

[quote name='chrisc133']In for DMC 4 and Stranglehold--both for the 360. I'm tempted to pick up something for my new Walmart PS3--but all these games seem to be better for 360...and then there's the achievements too...[/quote]

There are "accomplishments" in DMC4 for PS3.

In for stranglehold and UT3, thanks!

Anybody know when I will get a confirmation email?

EDIT: emails came, just later than i hoped.

Anybody know if DMC4 (PS3) will have another price drop soon?

[quote name='Swave']In for stranglehold and UT3, thanks!

Anybody know when I will get a confirmation email?[/quote]

I got mine about 30 minutes after order.

[quote name='chrisc133']In for DMC 4 and Stranglehold--both for the 360. I'm tempted to pick up something for my new Walmart PS3--but all these games seem to be better for 360...and then there's the achievements too...[/QUOTE]

Im in the same boat. If a game is multiplatform, I'd rather pick it up for the 360 because of Live and Replay Value.

I do however need to pick up some of those PS3 Exclusive titles.

In for Mass Effect and Devil May Cry 4. Thanks OP!

I was thinking about Assassin's Creed, but I think I'll hold off on that for a bit.

Was Bioshock originally part of these deal?

Great, great sale. I personally went for DMC4 (PS3), Burnout Paradise, Stranglehold, Mass Effect, and Assassin's Creed. I'm on the fence on Project Gotham Racing 4 (already getting Burnout Paradise, have PGR3, and I could see PGR4 dropping to ~$10) and Unreal Tournament 3 (heard the multiplayer scene's dying, and if I wanted to play a FPS online I'd buy COD4). I've also wanted to get The Darkness, although I think I'll hold off until that hits $10.

I also need to remember to get MGS4 soon - still deciding if the LE's worth $85. Or maybe I'll just play through my backlog and wait for the eventual Metal Gear Solid 4: Subservience or something. :)

EDIT: Just bought The Darkness. I figure $13.90's a good price for a game that's praised pretty often. Hopefully Eternal Sonata and Lost Odyssey pop up for ~$20 apiece sometime before the year ends, which will catch me up on this generation's games for the most part. I decided to cancel Burnout Paradise. I'll wait for a drop on the PS3 version so I can play it online.

In for a Mass Effect finally. I have a friend who gets games off gamefly all the time with awesome results, so I'm definitely gonna start ordering off there.

Thanks OP & Cheapy!!!

Now I've only played DMC3 and, while fun, I didn't enjoy it as much as I had expected considering all the praise. I've tried playing it multiple times, but I just could never get too into the game for long periods of time. With that said, is it worth picking up for someone not too into the series? The deal is great and if the game is better than the past iterations I may have to go for it. If not I might get UT3, though I haven't taken my PS3 online yet and I'm only getting like a 50% connection, so that may decrease that value as well.

Damn, I wish they offered Ratchet.

In for Mass Effect. Assassin's Creed is really tempting at that price, but I'm also getting Lego Indy this week so I think I'll have to pass on that one for now.

Thanks OP!

In for Stranglehold on 360. Since I have GameFly, I got the 10% discount but it only took off $1. Snagged it for $9.71.

I was tempted on DMC4 on PS3 ($17.99) and I do have that $5 off coupon in my rewards, but I'm passing on it.....for now.

DMC4 (360) for $19.99, not to mention with my 10% off it's only $17.99. Dear gawd that's so tempting.

Kinda mad though, I got Mass Effect when it was on sale with Gamefly earlier. I got it for $21 but if I had waited I could have gotten it for $17.99 - the $5 Gamefly dollars. Aw man... I could have gotten it for $12.99! -.-

Gonna have to wait until tomorrow to order, not a whole lot of money in my bank at the moment. >.>

[quote name='anarchyburger']i've never ordered from gamefly.com, so do you have to have a membership to buy used games and what are the condition of their used games??[/quote]

I am not a member, and I could order the game. Also, the game came in with just a fingerprint smudge, and that's all. It came with the case and the game manual as well.

The condition is very good. Always comes complete and from my experience the discs have been flawless.

Also, will these prices last until the games sell out? I want DMC4 for 360, but I can't afford it right now, but I'll be able to in a week or so.

would you mind reading the thread? man it's not that long. The two questions have been asked and answered a hundred times and once again, no you don't need to be a member to buy the games. The discs might have some sratches but usually nothing really bad, the case and manual always in like new condition.

[quote name='anarchyburger']i've never ordered from gamefly.com, so do you have to have a membership to buy used games and what are the condition of their used games??[/quote]

No you do not have to be a member to order used games from them. It's just a nice perk if you do have a membership with them because you get a certain percentage off. If you're with them for over a year you get 10% off any and all games you order.

It really varies, but I think for the most part a lot more people have had a good experience when ordering from Gamefly.

I for example, have never had a problem with them. I've gotten a couple games through them in the past year. The cases and manuals come to you in more then amazing condition because they store these away until someone orders the game. So there is without a doubt nothing to worry about in that department.

The discs I have received have been nothing but amazing, hardly a scratch if anything it's so light you don't really even notice it.

I wouldn't even really worry too much when ordering from Gamefly, even if you do have an issue with a completely scratched disc I've seen with others that they are quick to fix the issue and help. They send out a new disc to you and ask that you return the messed up one.

Not to mention these deals are just too good to pass up.

From my experience the price only goes down. The exception is Uncharted which was 29.99 and now 34.99. Hot games may sell out (they used to have heavenly sword on sale now gone), but they may come back (like Uncharted). They seems have pretty large stock of games like Mass effect and DMC 4, but I just can't believe a game like ME for $20 will last long. Not sure about DMC 4 and Burnout Paradise though. If the demand is like the Assassin's creed then they might even go below $20.

[quote name='aoLat']The condition is very good. Always comes complete and from my experience the discs have been flawless.

Also, will these prices last until the games sell out? I want DMC4 for 360, but I can't afford it right now, but I'll be able to in a week or so.[/quote]

In for Stranglehold and Burnout Paradise for the 360. Total of $23.52 spent. Once again, big thanks to the OP and Cheapy on this one. I've bought a few games from GameFly before, so for anyone that's hesitant on buying from them: Don't be. I've received games in great condition and cases/manuals damn near mint.

Is circle of doom worth buying??? it's only 14.99 plus the game was just released early this year. Also is rainbowsix vegas any good? gamestop got them around for 15 dollars but the deal expire tomorrow or the day after.

just got DMC 4..I cant refuse it. $20 temptation was just too great XD. other games also look greaT!!! but think Im gonna wait a little bit more. I think masseffect could be cheaper coz the game is big in rent but for sale I dunno if it's as big as DMC4 etc....

From what I heard ME has very good replay value so why is it big in rent but not big for sale? It's simply one of the best 360 games. I know DMC is a great series but I don't think DMC 4 is on the top list of 360 games.

[quote name='Darkslayerz']just got DMC 4..I cant refuse it. $20 temptation was just too great XD. other games also look greaT!!! but think Im gonna wait a little bit more. I think masseffect could be cheaper coz the game is big in rent but for sale I dunno if it's as big as DMC4 etc....[/quote]

[quote name='mxpowar']Maybe there's no tax in Chi Town, but I used Google Checkout and I had to pay tax. Guessed you lucked out or something.[/quote]

i paid tax also, though they missed the tax my *city* tacks on, 1% on top of 6% for the state (so what i'm saying is i was charged 6% as opposed to 7%)

ordered unreal tourney for ps3.

Too bad theirs no PS3 stranglehold for 9,.99.
I would buy that too.

DMC4 is SOOOO tempting at 20bucks... But the little i played of it on the demo gave me a headache with the camera angles and constant jumping and shooting/fighting.
I dont remeber the first dmc giving me headaches.

Oh well.

thank op I just ordered stranglehold. It seems like a fun and quick game which is what I need considering my backlog is like 15+ games. I am also considering mass effect, assassins creed, and burnout. Do you all think these prices will stay or possibly go any lower?

In for Devil May Cry 4 for PS3. Lately it seems like I've just been buying new games, and never really have a chance to really truly play them before I get another one. I also shouldn't be spending so much money!

I blame all of these awesome CAG deals lately. :lol:

Hmmm not sure if I want Burnout Paradise. Didn't like the racing in that game compared to the others. But enjoyed the relaxing/laid back feel of the game.

bread's done
Back