More cheap games @ Gamefly: Mass Effect $20, DMC4 $20, Stranglehold $10

mxpowar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
CheapyD Update:

All have free shipping.
GameFly's games come complete with manual and case, are usually in excellent condition, and are guaranteed.

:360:Jericho $9.99
:360:Stranglehold $9.99
:360:The Darkness $12.99
:360:Blacksite: Area 51 $12.99
:360:Timeshift $14.99 OOS - 06/18/08
:360:Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom $14.99
:360:Assassin's Creed $17.99
:360:MOH: Airborne $17.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***
:360:Mass Effect $19.99
:360:Devil May Cry 4 $19.99
:360:Burnout Paradise $19.99
:360:PGR 4 $19.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***
:360:Simpsons Game $19.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***

:ps3:Lost: Via Domus $17.99 OOS - 06/18/08
:ps3:Assassin's Creed $17.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***
:ps3:Unreal Tournament III $17.99
:ps3:Devil May Cry 4 $19.99
:ps3:The Club $19.99
:ps3:Jericho $19.99
:ps3:Lost Planet: Extreme Condition $19.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***
:ps3:MLK 2K8 $19.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***
:ps3:Lair $19.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***
:ps3:GRAW 2 $19.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***

:wii:Dewy's Adventure $14.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***
:wii:Manhunt 2 $14.99 OOS - 06/18/08
:wii:NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams $14.99
:wii:Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law $14.99
:wii:Victorious Boxers: Revolution $15.99
:wii:Soul Calibur Legends $15.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***

:wii:Newly available Wii games for sale.
:ps3:Newly available PS3 games for sale.
:360:Newly available Xbox 360 games for sale.

Original post... Thanks mxpowar!
Looks like Gamefly has lowered some prices on some games. Here's what I found that looked interesting:

PS3

Devil May Cry 4 $19.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=124905&t=0

The Club $19.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=121750&t=0

Jericho $19.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=125945&t=0

Lost: Via Domus $17.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=128530&t=0

Xbox 360

Mass Effect $19.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=125040&t=0

Devil May Cry 4 $19.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=125760&t=0

Stranglehold $9.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=121915&t=0

The Orange Box $31.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=125975&t=0

Jericho $9.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=125940&t=0

The Darkness $12.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=124360&t=0

Blacksite: Area 51 $12.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=126165&t=0

There are other deals probably; this is just what I found. And before anyone asks, Gamefly discs are USUALLY in very good condition if not outright mint. They are used but they include the original case and manual which are ALWAYS mint condition. I just bought Lost for PS3 and I got FREE SHIPPING even though I'm not a member. I don't know which other games get free shipping so please post if you find out.

[quote name='salemhooper']probably not.....i wud bite if i were u....n plus how much more can they go down????[/quote]

He's asking about 6 months from now. EA games can drop like a rock and are sale fodder. That being said, it was worth $12.99 for me on Burnout to bite. Everybody says this in every GF thread, but remember that they didn't use cardboard protectors for a while and some of those discs got pretty beat up, especially on the edges. Are those out of the system now?

I think the only way you are guaranteed near-mint is if you get it at release, don't delude yourself too much. Having the case and manual mint is worth something though, not that saying it is better than GS is saying much . . . if I let my 5 week old have the box and disc it would come out better than most of GS's crap.

As a fan of John Woo and Chow Yun-Fat I guess there is no reason for not picking up stranglehold for $10. Now if only they have the PS3 version for $10... I'm gonna in for more than one copy..:)

[quote name='antlp89']Wow that's a really nice deal for stranglehold.[/quote]

Damn, more games to buy. lol. Just ordered DMC4 and Stranglehold, both for the 360. I played and beat Stranglehold on the PS3 when Amazon had it for $30 for the limited edition awhile back. I sold it after that. For $10 on 360, it's finally worth to keep. I believe the 360 controller's better for this game. Hope the online community is a bit more alive on Live than PSN for this game.

Damn. I bought ME when Amazon matched one of the other website's 32 dollar price. Well worth the money, and I don't have the credit card (getting it replaced, feared it was stolen/scammed) to buy it, but still. 20 bucks. Darn.

I might pick up one or two of them tomorrow. That is when I reach 6 months at Gamefly and get $5 and 5% discount.

hmm unreal sounds good to me since im a new ps3 owner lookin to up my library...any one care to share their thoughts of the game along with the price?

edit: damn it i hit check out by accident and it charged the wrong card!!!F

I probably shouldn't have, but I had to get DMC4 at 20.

Someone answer this please, as it's important to my credit: I logged into my account and bought it, I didn't know it was an instant checkout, and I had no idea of knowing that it would automatically confirm the order. I had my old credit card listed in my account, however I am very near the limit on that one, so I wanted to use another card in place of it on this transaction.

I switched the credit card to my current card on my billing address and erased the old one a few minutes after I bought the game. Will DMC4 charge under my card that I placed the order under or will it switch to the card that is currently listed as my billing address? I didn't see an option to cancel the order and AFAIK you can't cancel GameFly orders.

Hey guys, this might have been answered, but I'm not a Gamefly member and I want to buy these games. How do I put more than 1 game in my cart? I want DMC4 and Mass Effect but it's only letting me do one at a time.

[quote name='allen9917']anyone played Jericho and is it enjoyable?[/QUOTE]

I found it quite enjoyable... got the PS3 version at a BB clearance a few months ago. If you like Clive Barker, squad based FPS, and a creepy story/enemies, go for it. GREAT deal for $9.99.

Warning, Clive didn't hold back on the graphic violence or dialogue. :)

Very good games here. I subscribed to Gamefly yesterday with the 400 free MS points, and this falls in my lap that same night.

I got DMC4 (PS3) and Jericho (360). With does prices, you can't be so wrong.
All the other games I've got.

To whoever it was that was asking for opinion about this games in comparison with price.
Which games specifically were you asking about?, but anyway, almost everything here is well worth the price (except for some of the Wii games and Kingdom under Fire).

For some reason GF is not taking my order. It keeps kicking back with an invalid credit card number. I have no idea what's going on here considering I've had the same account and cc for the past 5 years! Anyone else having this problem? And knowing my luck, the games will be jacked back up by the time it works for me again. :bomb:

[quote name='SuperSnake2012']Hey guys, this might have been answered, but I'm not a Gamefly member and I want to buy these games. How do I put more than 1 game in my cart? I want DMC4 and Mass Effect but it's only letting me do one at a time.[/QUOTE]

As far as I know, at Gamefly you have to buy each game as a separate transaction.

Anyway I just picked up Stranglehold -- couldn't pass it up for $10. Now I'm still considering DMC4...

[quote name='hppypnts']should I get DMC 4 or Mass Effect?[/quote]
I think Mass Effect. It will get you a longer and more diverse playing experience if you will.

I picked up DMC4 since I already had Mass Effect, but I think ME is the best deal of the bunch soo.

I ordered Stranglehold. I thinking if I should get DMC4, Burnout, or Timeshift. They all seem like solid games to me. Decisions Decisions.

[quote name='pimpinc333']I ordered Stranglehold. I thinking if I should get DMC4, Burnout, or Timeshift. They all seem like solid games to me. Decisions Decisions.[/QUOTE]

DMC4=Great kick in the pants action game with lots of awesome cutscenes while waiting for NG2 to drop in price.

Burnout Paradise=Extremely fun racer with gratifying crashes and lets you get out your road rage in a healthy imaginary world.

Timeshift= meh, alright FPS, nothing to write home about, wait til it's cheaper.

am i retarded or is there no cart system? I have to buy each game in a seperate order? Might just stock up and pick up Mass Effect, Burnout, and Stranglehold

edit: went through and bought each seperately.. kinda annoying but whatever.

got the above 3 games.

In for DMC4, thanks OP!

I've been thinking about adding this to my PS3 backlog for a while - I figure this is a great excuse to bite the bullet. I probably won't play it for a while, but at this price, why not grab it now.

[quote name='allen9917']anyone played Jericho and is it enjoyable?[/quote]

I beat it on the PS3.

It got slammed in the reviews, but I didn't think it was that bad. The main complaints in the reviews was the lack of control you have over your squad. Honestly I had no problems with this as I would just park them somewhere and then go and pull the enemies to me.

The mobs take quite a bit to bring down -- so standard MMO tactics worked well.

I really liked how you could play all of the different characters. Each of them have a completely different play-style and abilities, and this added a lot of variety.

If your a fan of Clive Barker it's worth a pickup. You can beat it in about 8 hours, which I did in casual play over a week.

i know this might have sold for a lower price at like Target, but Lair (PS3) is also $19.99.

19.99 games are 17.99 w/ the 10% discount if you've been a member for a year. guess i'm buying like 8 games today.

Finally picked up Mass Effect. I'd been close recently on a few amazon deals and the like, but this was finally low enough to bite. I've gotten into this great system where I have enough games sitting on my shelf waiting to be played that I'm never tempted to pick up any at full MSRP. Once they hit $20-$25 I pick em up, put em on my shelf for awhile, and the cycle continues. Great success :)

Thanks OP and Cheapy!

When i go to check-out, it asks me to set up an account. Is this for their rental service? I just want to buy the game, not set up some profile and other stuff.

[quote name='TMNT770']anybody interested in paypal funds? i need couple games on gamefly[/quote]

Use a virtual paypal credit card? I'm pretty sure that comes straight from your paypal funds, just install the paypal plug in

Just ordered Burnout but of course forgot to update my shipping info. Anyone know how good their phone support is? Gonna have to call em when they open up in an hour. Silly lack of confirmation screens.

Also how do they ship the games? Is it the same way they ship rentals? If so it'll get forwarded to me at least.

I bought God of War a few years back from them. It came in perfect condition. It looked brand new. I highly recommend buying from them and might find something this go around.

Oh, wow, I ordered DMC4 from them last Friday, and the price drops ten dollars before it even gets here. I wonder if I can email them and ask for the partial refund. Anyone have any luck doing anything of the sort before?

[quote name='nate88']Use a virtual paypal credit card? I'm pretty sure that comes straight from your paypal funds, just install the paypal plug in[/quote]
I was going to suggest this too, one of the best tools available through paypal.

bread's done
Back