More cheap games @ Gamefly: Mass Effect $20, DMC4 $20, Stranglehold $10

mxpowar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
CheapyD Update:

All have free shipping.
GameFly's games come complete with manual and case, are usually in excellent condition, and are guaranteed.

:360:Jericho $9.99
:360:Stranglehold $9.99
:360:The Darkness $12.99
:360:Blacksite: Area 51 $12.99
:360:Timeshift $14.99 OOS - 06/18/08
:360:Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom $14.99
:360:Assassin's Creed $17.99
:360:MOH: Airborne $17.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***
:360:Mass Effect $19.99
:360:Devil May Cry 4 $19.99
:360:Burnout Paradise $19.99
:360:PGR 4 $19.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***
:360:Simpsons Game $19.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***

:ps3:Lost: Via Domus $17.99 OOS - 06/18/08
:ps3:Assassin's Creed $17.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***
:ps3:Unreal Tournament III $17.99
:ps3:Devil May Cry 4 $19.99
:ps3:The Club $19.99
:ps3:Jericho $19.99
:ps3:Lost Planet: Extreme Condition $19.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***
:ps3:MLK 2K8 $19.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***
:ps3:Lair $19.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***
:ps3:GRAW 2 $19.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***

:wii:Dewy's Adventure $14.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***
:wii:Manhunt 2 $14.99 OOS - 06/18/08
:wii:NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams $14.99
:wii:Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law $14.99
:wii:Victorious Boxers: Revolution $15.99
:wii:Soul Calibur Legends $15.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***

:wii:Newly available Wii games for sale.
:ps3:Newly available PS3 games for sale.
:360:Newly available Xbox 360 games for sale.

Original post... Thanks mxpowar!
Looks like Gamefly has lowered some prices on some games. Here's what I found that looked interesting:

PS3

Devil May Cry 4 $19.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=124905&t=0

The Club $19.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=121750&t=0

Jericho $19.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=125945&t=0

Lost: Via Domus $17.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=128530&t=0

Xbox 360

Mass Effect $19.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=125040&t=0

Devil May Cry 4 $19.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=125760&t=0

Stranglehold $9.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=121915&t=0

The Orange Box $31.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=125975&t=0

Jericho $9.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=125940&t=0

The Darkness $12.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=124360&t=0

Blacksite: Area 51 $12.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=126165&t=0

There are other deals probably; this is just what I found. And before anyone asks, Gamefly discs are USUALLY in very good condition if not outright mint. They are used but they include the original case and manual which are ALWAYS mint condition. I just bought Lost for PS3 and I got FREE SHIPPING even though I'm not a member. I don't know which other games get free shipping so please post if you find out.

[quote name='Hybrid5006']Don't know if you guys knew this, but if you checkout with google checkout, YOU DON'T HAVE TO PAY TAX!!!![/QUOTE]
Maybe there's no tax in Chi Town, but I used Google Checkout and I had to pay tax. Guessed you lucked out or something.

I am upset I don't have any $5 coupons to use right now. I want The Club and Mass Effect but I don't really want to spend the money. Must......resist.....temptations.....

Man, I bought DMC4 and Burnout Paradise for around $30 each from Gamefly about a month ago. I haven't even played Burnout yet. I didn't think they would drop this quickly or I would have waited.

For anyone thinking about The Darkness, it was an awesome game and worth far more than the $15 I spent on it. It was a lot of fun, very good production values and some interesting gameplay mechanics. Highly recommended at this price.

[quote name='Hybrid5006']Don't know if you guys knew this, but if you checkout with google checkout, YOU DON'T HAVE TO PAY TAX!!!![/quote]
holy crap I love you man!

anybody want to recommend Timeshift, Blacksite, or Jericho at those prices? Were they bad games or just mediocre? None scored all that favorably on gamerankings but critics tend to be harsh on fps.

[quote name='Hybrid5006']Don't know if you guys knew this, but if you checkout with google checkout, YOU DON'T HAVE TO PAY TAX!!!![/quote]

[quote name='mxpowar']Maybe there's no tax in Chi Town, but I used Google Checkout and I had to pay tax. Guessed you lucked out or something.[/quote]

Yup, I had to pay tax as well.

[quote name='variablesunknown']Thanks for the post mxpowar, picked up Stranglehold on cheapy's recommendation. I wish some of the other games would drop below $15.[/QUOTE]

Same here. CHeapy talks about this so much. Would've been interested otherwise. figure for $10 it's worth a shot.

In the past 40 days I have bought....

BioShock
Gears of War
Burnout Paradise
Assassins Creed

and now....

Devil May Cry 4
Mass Effect

Seriously, EB Games should really consider Gamefly a threat since all there used prices are about $15-$20 cheaper then them.

[quote name='dubbfoolio']
anybody want to recommend Timeshift, Blacksite, or Jericho at those prices? Were they bad games or just mediocre? None scored all that favorably on gamerankings but critics tend to be harsh on fps.[/QUOTE]

I was considering those three games as well. I've played demos for all three and actually had the most fun with Timeshift, sooo, I'm picking that one up.

[quote name='dg7md']I probably shouldn't have, but I had to get DMC4 at 20.

Someone answer this please, as it's important to my credit: I logged into my account and bought it, I didn't know it was an instant checkout, and I had no idea of knowing that it would automatically confirm the order. I had my old credit card listed in my account, however I am very near the limit on that one, so I wanted to use another card in place of it on this transaction.

I switched the credit card to my current card on my billing address and erased the old one a few minutes after I bought the game. Will DMC4 charge under my card that I placed the order under or will it switch to the card that is currently listed as my billing address? I didn't see an option to cancel the order and AFAIK you can't cancel GameFly orders.[/quote]

Can someone give me an answer on this? Please.

[quote name='foxdvd']they really don't have that many games for sell. Great deals on what they have though.[/quote]

It's just a routine cleansing of games that were high in demand when they were released...and now are just cluttering up their warehouses. I love it when they do things like this...BEST way to build up a library.

Burnout Paradise
DMC 4
Dewy's Adventure

/Gamefly Member for 3 years

EDIT

Someone answer this please, as it's important to my credit: I logged into my account and bought it, I didn't know it was an instant checkout, and I had no idea of knowing that it would automatically confirm the order. I had my old credit card listed in my account, however I am very near the limit on that one, so I wanted to use another card in place of it on this transaction.

I switched the credit card to my current card on my billing address and erased the old one a few minutes after I bought the game. Will DMC4 charge under my card that I placed the order under or will it switch to the card that is currently listed as my billing address? I didn't see an option to cancel the order and AFAIK you can't cancel GameFly orders.

I'm gonna guess and say that it will charge the credit card that was listed when you confirmed the order. Check your email and see if they put anything on your receipt that can help. If not, you will just have to call GF yourself.

[quote name='jjz203']DMC4=Great kick in the pants action game with lots of awesome cutscenes while waiting for NG2 to drop in price.
[/quote]

Big NG fan so I couldn't wait and bought the Amazon preorder deal. Best 3D hack and slash game in the world, again! DMC4 I could wait, so I ordered it now for $20.

[quote name='MIGGO']It's just a routine cleansing of games that were high in demand when they were released...and now are just cluttering up their warehouses. I love it when they do things like this...BEST way to build up a library.

Burnout Paradise
DMC 4
Dewy's Adventure

/Gamefly Member for 3 years

EDIT

I'm gonna guess and say that it will charge the credit card that was listed when you confirmed the order. Check your email and see if they put anything on your receipt that can help. If not, you will just have to call GF yourself.[/quote]

Thanks, I'll have to do that.

GF should sure go for a better cart system...

[quote name='v1et r1ce']So if I rent the game first, then opt to buy it, will they still send me that case and manual?[/quote]

yes. i did that with victorious boxer and my bro's copy of GTA IV.

currently i have 360 DBZ Burst Limit that i rented from GF. i'm the first person to rent this disk, so it's immaculate. they're offering to me for $42.69. i'll buy it, then they just ship the case + manual. shipping varies from which distribution center it comes from. usually for me it takes 3 days via USPS.

I'm playing stranglehold now and really enjoy it. My only complaints are the camera can get disorienting in tight spaces and that there is some overuse (abuse actually) of explosive barrels. Highly recommend at this price though.

[quote name='ChaoticClimax']In for Devil May Cry 4 (360) and Jericho (360). No tax here with Google Checkout, but I am also in the Chicago area too (yay for us)[/QUOTE]

hey i am in the chicago area too....but i got charged tax. :(

[quote name='jjz203']For some reason GF is not taking my order. It keeps kicking back with an invalid credit card number. I have no idea what's going on here considering I've had the same account and cc for the past 5 years! Anyone else having this problem? And knowing my luck, the games will be jacked back up by the time it works for me again. :bomb:[/quote]

It's probably doing that because you're inputting a Mastercard number while it's selected at Visa. All Visas start with a 4 and Mastercards start with a 5. If you input a Mastercard while the menu is selected to Visa, it'll say it's an invalid credit card number.

OK, picked up BO : Paradise, been waiting for a decent price on that one. Thinking of getting DMC4 and possibly Jericho at that price.

Is anyone experiencing a problem with the site. I wanted to check out thru google but that option is now gone is anyone else getting this?

Couldn't resist Stranglehold with my 10% discount. Also, as mentioned by several people previously, The Darkness is an absolute steal for that price, if you've never played it before. VERY underrated game.

Anyone else think MLB 2K8:ps3: @ $20 is a good price? I know The Show is better but for $20 we aren't even 1/3 thru baseball season! Not listed in OP.

[quote name='funkflexmctough']Anyone else think MLB 2K8:ps3: @ $20 is a good price? I know The Show is better but for $20 we aren't even 1/3 thru baseball season! Not listed in OP.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to say no. I'm a huge MLB 08 whore. I've even played all 162 games + the playoffs/World Series. And I never regretted one moment such it's a great game. MLB 2K8 sucks big time when compared to The Show.

woot! DMC PS3 and Blacksite for $33. Is it weird that I'm more excited about Blacksite? I know the reviews were not generous but I really enjoyed the demo. There were aliens, and I shot them 'til they died - that's what I want, thats what I got :)

[quote name='brak2000']Just ordered Burnout but of course forgot to update my shipping info. Anyone know how good their phone support is? Gonna have to call em when they open up in an hour. Silly lack of confirmation screens.

Also how do they ship the games? Is it the same way they ship rentals? If so it'll get forwarded to me at least.[/quote]

I did the same thing on the first game i ordered. Tried to call and the phone number is down. I emailed but they may ship before they answer my email.

Game fly used games always come in great condition with a new manual and case. I bought Devil May Cry 4.

bread's done
Back