Mortal Kombat Vita $10, Batman: AC GOTY $30, Batman: AA GOTY $10 Gamestop (Dead)

Donut2922

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Gamestop has on sale new copies of:

Mortal Kombat (Vita) $9.99
Batman: Arkham City GOTY (360/PS3) $29.99
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY (360/PS3) $9.99
Mortal Kombat Komplete (360/PS3) $19.99
Witcher 2 (360) $29.99
Lollipop Chainsaw (360/PS3) $39.99
Dirt Showdown (360/PS3) $39.99

Used prices are also all discounted accordingly.

The link to the final week of the Gamestock 2012 sale can be found here.

Walked into a GS here in Vegas and was looking at MK Vita when an employee gave me a heads up it was going to be on sale for $10 soon in case I was gonna buy it. I asked about any upcoming B2G1 for preowned games and he wasn't aware of one but said it's still possible since its usually a weekend type of promo instead of a weekly one.

Update courtesy of

Esalw - MK Komplete sale is live already.
Tatum - Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY $10

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Havok83']The SAVE doesnt carry over for AC, the trophies however do. You cant re-earn trophies unless you use a new account. For someone who didnt platinum the game, you will have to start all over[/QUOTE]Ah...maybe I should just get the :360: versions of both games then, just to have an excuse to play them again. :cool:

Yeah. I was confused, but I realize now that it's MK for Vita that's gonna be $10 and not MK Komplete.:cry::whistle2:# Oh well. My money is safe from the evil empire for another sale.:booty:

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Arkham City TIV is $15 base.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I wanted to ask about this. I just called and it's $15 trade in value.

I don't use Gamestop much so I'm hoping you guys can answer this, What are the odds the AC vanilla version TIV is going to drop radically between today and tomorrow? My local Gamestop is full of very shady/anal employees so I can assure you I'm not going to be able to jump on this sale today and wouldn't put it past them to try to cheat me if they can.

I'm willing to trade in if it means just paying an extra $15 for all the DLC and a free movie, but I don't want to walk in tomorrow and discover the TIV for the vanilla version ahs suddenly dropped to $1.

Lastly I don't have time to read the whole thread, but do we have any proof whatsoever that AC is going on sale everywhere? I don't want to drive all the way up to Gamestop just to discover it's still $50.

[quote name='Olengie']I think it was because MC Komplete was already on sale for $30 before the announcement of the supposed price drop. That's why some people are going under the assumption.[/QUOTE]

Ah I see, makes sense.. hmm, well GS does have glitches from time to time. Sometimes they start a sale early, then the amount will be taken off a second time on the official sale date. I remember this happened with the Move accessories sale and LOTR: WitN/Fear 2 combo. I wouldn't bet on it, but I know it has happened before. That would be amazing though :) lol

I really want to believe that MC Komplete would be $10 though, even if it sounded ridiculously bogus. It would surely be amazing. Who knows, maybe they'll take off $10.

[quote name='rcerboss']Yeah, I wanted to ask about this. I just called and it's $15 trade in value.

I don't use Gamestop much so I'm hoping you guys can answer this, What are the odds the AC vanilla version TIV is going to drop radically between today and tomorrow? My local Gamestop is full of very shady/anal employees so I can assure you I'm not going to be able to jump on this sale today and wouldn't put it past them to try to cheat me if they can.

I'm willing to trade in if it means just paying an extra $15 for all the DLC and a free movie, but I don't want to walk in tomorrow and discover the TIV for the vanilla version ahs suddenly dropped to $1.

Lastly I don't have time to read the whole thread, but do we have any proof whatsoever that AC is going on sale everywhere? I don't want to drive all the way up to Gamestop just to discover it's still $50.[/QUOTE]

Proof it will be on sale is at gamestock2012.com. It states "$20 Off Select Warner Brothers games." Which means, B:AC GOTY is $50 -$20 = $30. So it's pretty much confirmed. If they don't honor it, click the "Print Deal" button right under the deal and show it to the employee. As for the TIV, I'm not sure. That's totally random, but I think it'll hold. I think it'll drop when 50% extra TIV hits though. You could always call the store tomorrow and check.

[quote name='rcerboss']Yeah, I wanted to ask about this. I just called and it's $15 trade in value.

Lastly I don't have time to read the whole thread, but do we have any proof whatsoever that AC is going on sale everywhere? I don't want to drive all the way up to Gamestop just to discover it's still $50.[/QUOTE]

Personally, I'm not waiting for all these sales to start to trade in mine. The $2x.xx after bonuses would mean paying $10 additional GS credit for the GOTY version.

Also beware many sale prices don't show up until the employee scans it in the register program to sell it. If they just check inventory it doesn't show many times.

MK Komplete is going to be $19.99. It is $10 off right now under the Gamestock 2012 sale and if you look it up you will see that the $10 off sale ends today 7/31. That would mean that the sale that starts tomorrow of $20 off would only bring it down $10 more from the price it is at today.

Ok so this MK Vita deal is online or in stores to because im going there tomorrow, and i see theres and offer to just cause 2 and kane and lynch but i dont see anything about the sale.

[quote name='Geco17']Proof it will be on sale is at gamestock2012.com. It states "$20 Off Select Warner Brothers games." Which means, B:AC GOTY is $50 -$20 = $30. So it's pretty much confirmed. If they don't honor it, click the "Print Deal" button right under the deal and show it to the employee.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but the print out only says "$20 off SELECT Warner Brothers Game" which means whatever they deem on sale and doesn't name MK Komplete by name. At the same time though the picture on the Gamestock site for the ad shows MK Komplete for the PS3 as one of the four games pictured. So I'm still confused as hell on this. :drool:

[quote name='solidus_00']Yeah but the print out only says "$20 off SELECT Warner Brothers Game" which means whatever they deem on sale and doesn't name MK Komplete by name. At the same time though the picture on the Gamestock site for the ad shows MK Komplete for the PS3 as one of the four games pictured. So I'm still confused as hell on this. :drool:[/QUOTE]

The E-mail I got from Gamestop yesterday lists Mortal Kombat Komplete as one of those select games. Rest assured.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Yeah. I was confused, but I realize now that it's MK for Vita that's gonna be $10 and not MK Komplete.:cry::whistle2:# Oh well. My money is safe from the evil empire for another sale.:booty:[/QUOTE]pm it @ BB that way you get points if your gonna use cash anyways. Also, it's smart to convert all BB GC & RZ points to pre-paid visa even if you plan to spend it @ BB since you would earn RZ points on the visa purchase like it's cash.

[quote name='Kai984']Should I get both Batman games? hmm if AA is 9.99 then definitely but I'm not sure about AC? should I waited until $20~ ? but that would be until next year right? lol :D[/QUOTE]AChas been $10 so many times recently.

[quote name='kylerg']I have collectors edition..no box. :([/QUOTE]That's what GS is for swap it.

[quote name='Geco17']Proof it will be on sale is at gamestock2012.com. It states "$20 Off Select Warner Brothers games." Which means, B:AC GOTY is $50 -$20 = $30. So it's pretty much confirmed. If they don't honor it, click the "Print Deal" button right under the deal and show it to the employee. As for the TIV, I'm not sure. That's totally random, but I think it'll hold. I think it'll drop when 50% extra TIV hits though. You could always call the store tomorrow and check.[/QUOTE]
Awesome, thanks for the link. So it is common practice for them to drop TIV of games during the 50% sale? Such a shame, it'd be nice to upgrade AC for less than $10 if at all possible.

I also noticed 50% trade in value that expires August 5th. Would anyone know if the extra 50% trade-in value can be included with the $20 off purchase of a new game (assuming they DONT drop it's TIV)?

Last edited:
[quote name='lBleachl']The E-mail I got from Gamestop yesterday lists Mortal Kombat Komplete as one of those select games. Rest assured.[/QUOTE]

Well, then I guess I'll go trade in my vanilla version to Best Buy then, and basically upgrade it for free.

Thanks for the heads up OP! I missed out last time when MK went on sale. And sad part is I'm employed at GameStop! Hopefully I'll get my hands on it!

So if MK Vita is 10$, and i have enough points in my PUR account to redeem one of those 5$ coupons online, will it work to drop MK to $5?

[quote name='LakeShow16']So if MK Vita is 10$, and i have enough points in my PUR account to redeem one of those 5$ coupons online, will it work to drop MK to $5?[/QUOTE]

I was just about to ask the same question.

Does BB usually notice its competitors sales? the current TIV for MK Vita is $13. I'm planning on heading to BB to trade in some games (currently 50% bonus TIV) and Gamestop is like 3 doors down from it, so i figure i pick up a copy and get $20 credit for a $10 game.

[quote name='Hraesvelg']Does BB usually notice its competitors sales? the current TIV for MK Vita is $13. I'm planning on heading to BB to trade in some games (currently 50% bonus TIV) and Gamestop is like 3 doors down from it, so i figure i pick up a copy and get $20 credit for a $10 game.[/QUOTE]

They didn't last time when it was 10->26.

[quote name='Enuf']pm it @ BB that way you get points if your gonna use cash anyways. Also, it's smart to convert all BB GC & RZ points to pre-paid visa even if you plan to spend it @ BB since you would earn RZ points on the visa purchase like it's cash.[/QUOTE]

Does laundering your BBY credit this way count toward the $2500 for silver?

[quote name='LakeShow16']So if MK Vita is 10$, and i have enough points in my PUR account to redeem one of those 5$ coupons online, will it work to drop MK to $5?[/QUOTE]

As long as it's $5 off on anything vs just used, then yes it'll work.

The $30 price is actually in effect now for Mortal Kombat Komplete (PS3, 360).

I would have one now, except the clerk at Gamestop lied to me on the phone. I called to ask if they had it in stock. Yes. I asked if they had sealed copies.

He said they had new copies. Like a fool, I took that to mean "yes" and drove to the store.

Imagine my surprise when I arrive and the guy goes out to the rack to pluck an empty game case off the shelf.

"Wait, I just called ten minutes ago and you said you had sealed copies."

"I said we had NEW copies," came the reply.

At that point, I chewed him out for lying to me on the phone and left the store. Never again to give Gamestop another penny.

Good luck and have fun if you want these deals. I personally will be happy to pay more to support a more honest and consumer-friendly company.

Edit: Just bought it from Amazon for $29.99. Good, done.

[quote name='Kolgar']The $30 price is actually in effect now for Mortal Kombat Komplete (PS3, 360).

I would have one now, except the clerk at Gamestop lied to me on the phone. I called to ask if they had it in stock. Yes. I asked if they had sealed copies.

He said they had new copies. Like a fool, I took that to mean "yes" and drove to the store.

Imagine my surprise when I arrive and the guy goes out to the rack to pluck an empty game case off the shelf.

"Wait, I just called ten minutes ago and you said you had sealed copies."

"I said we had NEW copies," came the reply.

At that point, I chewed him out for lying to me on the phone and left the store. Never again to give Gamestop another penny.

Good luck and have fun if you want these deals. I personally will be happy to pay more to support a more honest and consumer-friendly company.[/QUOTE]
thats why you PM another store. I havent purchased a game from GS in years I think PoP 2008 was the last one I got

ok so, is Mortal Kombat on the Vita going to be $10 or $19.99, as the regular price is 40, minus 20 is 20, or is this going off of the $30 price?

[quote name='DR2K']As long as it's $5 off on anything vs just used, then yes it'll work.[/QUOTE]
Ok just wondering because it says not valid with any other offers on the coupon, and I wasn't sure if this sale counted as an offer.

[quote name='Donutkid2222']ok so, is Mortal Kombat on the Vita going to be $10 or $19.99, as the regular price is 40, minus 20 is 20, or is this going off of the $30 price?[/QUOTE]

It should be going to be off the $30 price

^ I'm not sure about that. There was a large consensus about the MK Vita to be $10.

People say it would $10 because of the current sale (I'm more inclined to hope for it) but there are others who say it's going to be $20 or just stay the same. Let's just hope for the best, shall we? :)

[quote name='Donutkid2222']really??? :applause: Then it would be the same for the console versions?[/QUOTE]

Only the komplete edition will be on sale for consoles, at least that's how I understood the OP.

[quote name='LakeShow16']Ok just wondering because it says not valid with any other offers on the coupon, and I wasn't sure if this sale counted as an offer.[/QUOTE]

It's not really an "offer" it's basically a form of payment. I've had it work with offers in the past, no issues.

Prices are live at GS.com now. I wonder if they're live in stores now.

MK on PS3 and 360 is $19.99/17.99

[quote name='DR2K']It's worth it. Great game.[/QUOTE]

Haha I know. I can finally get some practice in and beat my friend at his own game. I talked it over with my bro and he's going to pitch in $10. So its a go. :)

I advise you guys to put Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition on hold at your local GS! I put my copy on hold just in case they happen to sell out.

[quote name='Jus2cold']I advise you guys to put Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition on hold at your local GS! I put my copy on hold just in case they happen to sell out.[/QUOTE]FYI, the length of time for how long a game is held might depend on the store--one store I've been to only held things until closing the day the hold was placed, another said they held onto it for a couple of days--so if you're unable to get to a store for a day or two, call the store and ask if they can hold it for you until then.

Does anyone know if the Vita and PS3 trophies for MK are the same or different? Already have the Vita copy and considering double-dipping

[quote name='Vigilante']FYI, the length of time for how long a game is held might depend on the store--one store I've been to only held things until closing the day the hold was placed, another said they held onto it for a couple of days--so if you're unable to get to a store for a day or two, call the store and ask if they can hold it for you until then.[/QUOTE]
True if you just call and ask them to hold it, but if you do a PickUp@Store from GS.com they are supposed to hold it for 48 hours. This is stated on the e-mail they send and on the cashier instructions on their print out. DMs don't like to hear that their employees sold your game (or put it back on the shelf) before you got there. They also frown upon you receiving an "Item not found at store" email and you walk in the store a few hours later and it's still sitting on the shelf (not a recent trade-in like they tried to lie and say it was).

[quote name='RealDeals']Does anyone know if the Vita and PS3 trophies for MK are the same or different? Already have the Vita copy and considering double-dipping[/QUOTE]

Even if they are exactly the same you still get the trophies for both vita and ps3 separately. So, any trophy can be earned twice, and will reflect as such whenever you update.

[quote name='RealDeals']Does anyone know if the Vita and PS3 trophies for MK are the same or different? Already have the Vita copy and considering double-dipping[/QUOTE]

Seperate.

They are different. A lot of similar trophies, but two separate trophy sets. I am working on the vita one now, its great fun. :)

[quote name='DR2K']Shouldn't the prices be live in stores now?[/QUOTE]

Who will be the brave soul to try? I have 1 1/2 hours till closing :D

bread's done
Back