Most Over Rated Game of All Time

[quote name='superhugebutt']This is what makes all the people who stood in line at 12 AM for the over-rated Halo 2 feel stupid.[/QUOTE]
I feel stupid that I bought a game that I play everyday for a year? No, fuck face you are the stupid one!!!11!

[quote name='GuilewasNK']A true overrated game is Battle Arena Toshinden. It got high marks when it first came out. No one holds the series in high regard anymore..[/QUOTE]
Hell yes. I can remember the first time I played it, excited over all the press gushing... man did it suck. It really couldn't compare with Virtua Fighter 1/ Tekken in those days (for 3d fighting).

I'm gonna say.. Metroid Prime. Everyone I talked to said it was a really great adventure FPS. When I bought it for my GC it just seemed so boring. There was too much running around and scanning stuff and uncovering your map and not enough action. So yea, I say overated!

The Last of us. Played it in the summer when my cousin brought it over with their ps3. Excellent game but no where near as good a people make it out to be.

That wasn't overrated. Everyone thought it sucked.

A true overrated game is Battle Arena Toshinden. It got high marks when it first came out. No one holds the series in high regard anymore.

I am not sure what some of you are using as criteria to determine if something is overrated but IMO it is this....

Any game that has fans that initially like a game and then the fans realized it was just a gimmick or poorly made is a real overrated game.
This is a good one. BAT was getting crazy good reviews on release but it's so unplayable now. Only thing it's good for is the soundtrack. Infact most early 3D PS1 games are eyesores. They really don't stand the test of time like the 16-bit era could.

I would also say Wii Fit & Wii Play. Around the time these were big everyone was buying a Wii. My wife got us Wii Fit, a bunch of people at work, even my mom (who never owned a video game system) got one. The novelty quickly wore off as everyone played it for about a week then got tired of a machine telling you you're fat.

bread's done
Back