MotorStorm: Pacific Rift - 5/13: New Update and Free DLC Announced

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/10/20/motorstorm-pacific-rift-one-week-until-the-invasion/

Hi MotorStorm fans! One week to go until the launch of MotorStorm Pacific Rift. Hopefully you’ve been getting some good information on the game from Nigel and the team from Evolution Studios in their weekly MotorStorm Monday posts.

If you haven’t seen it yet, please keep your eyes out for the recently completed commercial of MotorStorm Pacific Rift. In an effort to introduce the new, remote island location, there were a few real-life Stormers who strapped into their ATVs, bikes, buggies and trucks and jumped from a C-130 Hercules at 10,000 feet in an effort to start the invasion of Pacific Rift. No special effects on this jump … just pure adrenaline and gritty attitude. Check out the commercial above along with some photos from the shoot.

Lunatics Unite!
The newest MotorStorm Monday post is about the new commercial that has been airing this week. Click the link above to watch it, if you haven't already seen it.

[quote name='Razzuel']Monster trucks rock.[/quote]I second that but they are too slow for me. It's also annoying when other vehicles get stuck under you and it ends up screwing you over too.

That commercial was pretty cool. Unfortunately, far too many games coming out and this one will have to wait down the line. Absolutely enjoyed the first one though and it looks like this one is a solid follow-up.

Saw the review myself. I heard the ground textures weren't great, but the demo was still fun (although a bit hard). I won't buy on day one, but I'll buy it as soon as I can.

I disagree about the demo being hard, you just need to get used to how the vehicles handle. It's very difficult playing Midnight Club and going into Motorstorm, however, and it takes more to get used to it.

I started finishing higher in the demo.

Anyway, once I buy VC and R2, this will be the NEXT PS3 game I buy. I really want it, no doubt. Once I get it, I will find out who all has it at CAG and started pushing game nights.

I personally loved the demo. Granted, it had a high learning curve, but I still had a lot more fun with this on my generic biker than in the original on my Monarch 3. Also, crashing still kicks a ton of ass.

The game's fun. It's a much more polished version of the original. Having fun so far, but I don't see myself playing a lot once I'm done with it. Sweet game though and I"ll probably have it a least a month more so if you set something up I'll be there for a race or two.

The online is setup pretty well though mana. You can setup a group and invite whoever in, and they can invite their friends if they like. The group sticks together. Max group of 12, but if you want to play ranked games max group of 4 so no cheating happens.

[quote name='StrandedBrit']The game's fun. It's a much more polished version of the original. Having fun so far, but I don't see myself playing a lot once I'm done with it. Sweet game though and I"ll probably have it a least a month more so if you set something up I'll be there for a race or two.

The online is setup pretty well though mana. You can setup a group and invite whoever in, and they can invite their friends if they like. The group sticks together. Max group of 12, but if you want to play ranked games max group of 4 so no cheating happens.[/QUOTE]I'm going to try to get the game before one month anyway. The latest I see myself getting it is around Thanksgiving weekend.

I enjoyed the demo a lot...but I still refuse to pay full price or even close to it for a racing game. I'll wait til I see it for $30.

I finally bought the game. I'll be willing to play with CAG members maybe as early as tomorrow night.

EDIT: Have the game now and love it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got this in the mail today. I'd play it right now, but I've got to get some more time into Valkyria Chronicles first today. I'd be up for some MP this weekend.

I'd be up too Frisky. I'm not sure if StrandedBrit can make it, but he's another who has it. I'm hoping to get as many CAGs together who own this (although I understand it's very few. I'll invite everyone to my party.

I'm liking the more open Festival mode, but I still have to go back and replay races to move them up from Bronze to Gold after I play the few new races I get with each rank. That makes me wish it was much more open, like Burnout Paradise's set-up that just makes the next race a bit harder each time instead of just having them all at set difficulties.

It's lot of fun when I'm not replaying races. Some of these tracks are huge, with a bunch of alternate paths that give me a reason to try other vehicles and see where they go. I really like the lava levels.

[quote name='StrandedBrit']I'm interested! What time?[/QUOTE]I actually posted that on Tuesday. If we don't have Wipeout HD tonight (which is Thursday), I'm willing to try again tonight. I'm open most any time I'm not involved in a fixed night I play. I'm still trying to rank up more.

[quote name='StrandedBrit']I haven't played online yet, so I'm kinda eager to try it but would like it more if CAGs were involved.[/QUOTE]All I plan to do is get into a party and search for ranked matches. If we get more people, then it will have to be private. I do not know many CAGs who own this (only CAGs on my buddy list I see play this are you and Frisky. The others I've seen play it come from GAF).

I'm going to pick this up for xmas. Just tryin to scout around for a deal if there is one before I plunge in for the full $60.

I'll be down for playing, my PSN is GonzoCorleon. I'll put it in my user details. :)

I just ordered it from walmart with that paypal offer of $20 off a purchase of $50 or more. Just got to wait 'til xmas to open it :p

Picked up a copy today at best buy for 39.99, but going back tomorrow to return/re-buy as i found myself a 10% off game coupon as soon as i got home.

Got this and Bioshock for $35.99 after 10% coupon yesterday - can't wait to give it a try. I played through about 90% of the original and purchased all the DLC.

Hey Mana... how's the turnout for CAG night in this? I might pick it up at sale price if a lot of us are playing.

There are not many playing yet, but I really hope more pick it up so we can play (right now it's two of us). What we do for this game currently is create a party, then we all search for an online match (usually ranked if it's 4 or less in the party). The game is worth it for the single player alone, and the online is very good too.

Gotchya.. The first one was a blast although I never downloaded the update patch to play online since the singleplayer got so hard without using the boost glitch. I'm in on this (especially since you're taking CAG Burnout night away every other week for it ;) ). I imagine a few members will pick it up on sale and a lot of people are holding out on (other games as well) buying until Christmas or after. January should be a good month for CAG gaming.

Edit: Game is in hand. Count me in for tomorrow night for sure. I'll be playing for the first or second time, so take it easy on me ;) I also sat down and got my platinum trophy in Burnout over the weekend so I'll be ok with cooling out on that for a while (even though it's in my Top 10 games I've ever played). Sons of guns added the party trophies already so I only show as 90% right now.. kinda lame if you ask me.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='coolz481']Got this and Bioshock for $35.99 after 10% coupon yesterday - can't wait to give it a try. I played through about 90% of the original and purchased all the DLC.[/quote]

Did the same exact thing today, returned my $39.99 Copy and re-bought it and Bioshock (Because i Loved it on 360 so much) for $35.99 each after BB 10% RWZ coupons. I figure $6 over the Standard Greatest Hits Pricing for 2 Brand New Releases was enough impulse for me to buy. :bouncy:

[quote name='ivanctorres']Where did you guys score the BB 10 percent off coupons?

I might bite on both Motorstorm and Bioshock @ BB.[/quote]

I didn't see it either even though I've been active with Best Buy purchases lately. I've been pimping the Best Buy sale on this game in the Sony Card thread trying to recruit new members for CAG night :D I did about 4 races last night, so bear with my (lack of) ability for tonights gaming.

[quote name='ivanctorres']Where did you guys score the BB 10 percent off coupons?

I might bite on both Motorstorm and Bioshock @ BB.[/quote]

Got mine in the mail, usually i don't get them like everyone else but they were only good until yesterday anyways, you could always go pick up a USPS movers package, they usually have the 10% coupons in there.

To let everyone know, probably no MotorStorm: PR tonight. However, if you already on my buddy list, you can send me a message if you want to play, and I'll see about doing something. I honestly kind of want to wait until once more people pick it up during the sale. Once it happens, I'll look into starting a MotorStorm: PR CAG night thread.

I posted this in the Circuit City deals thread but I thought some of you might get a kick out of it, as well:

I was browsing PS3 games at the Circuit City in Cortland Manor, NY today and noticed that they had both editions of Motorstorm (the original and Pacific Rift, the sequel) marked at $29.99.

So I snagged a copy of
Pacific Rift and brought it to the counter...where it rang up at $59.99. I pointed out the price sticker to the cashier who then adjusted it to the lower price without batting an eye.

If you're anywhere near this store they had 3-4 more copies with "$29.99" stickers on them. I combined mine with a $10 gift card that I got with my
Battlefield: Bad Company purchase a few months back and ended up paying just over $20 for it, with tax.

So...I'd be up for some CAG Motorstorm one of these nights. Just shoot me an invite.

[quote name='bmachine']I posted this in the Circuit City deals thread but I thought some of you might get a kick out of it, as well:

So...I'd be up for some CAG Motorstorm one of these nights. Just shoot me an invite.[/quote]

As it stands, TMK has been doing Burnout Paradise and Motorstorm: PR on alternating Tuesdays. This week would be a BP night if TMK is having a CAG night on Tuesday.

I'm pretty sure you're on my buddy list though for LBP so if I catch you playing Motorstorm at all, I'll send an invite your way.

TBH, at the moment, I'm not really sure if I'll just continue with Burnout Paradise, or play MotorStorm: PR this week. I gotta see who all is in for Burnout Paradise also. If MotorStorm: PR picks up enough people (I tried posting in the deal threads encouraging people to buy this excellent game), most likely it will have its own right (It has been just three of us for a while. I even considered combining GAF into the mix to boost nights).

Finally got a chance to go a few rounds with this tonight and I think I would like it a lot more if I hadn't played the hell out of PURE earlier in the year.

I'm really liking the soundtrack to Motorstorm, though...any game with DFA1979 on the soundtrack automatically earns some love from me.

[quote name='QiG']As it stands, TMK has been doing Burnout Paradise and Motorstorm: PR on alternating Tuesdays. This week would be a BP night if TMK is having a CAG night on Tuesday.

I'm pretty sure you're on my buddy list though for LBP so if I catch you playing Motorstorm at all, I'll send an invite your way.[/quote]

I think I'm kinda done with Burnout for now, so I'd definitely be up for some Motorstorm this Tuesday if anyone else is, as well.

Well it looks like a few have picked this up over the last week so I think it's feasible getting a party of 4 together this Tuesday.

I'd be up for it anyway.

I'll most likely start a thread for the game, and try to get the word out more. I'll get to that tomorrow or so (I might not worry about Burnout Paradise this week or move it, but I'll revive it once the next update hits).

picked it up w/ amazon deal. Great game as expected. Multiplayer still fucked surprisingly. I only saw like 2 servers up.....
Also there's no option to mute people wtf? Very disappointing

[quote name='Zoglog']Also there's no option to mute people wtf? Very disappointing[/quote]

Yeah, I'm not thrilled about that, either. Weak.

Regardless...are we playing tonight?

bread's done
Back