Mountain Dew & Doritos [XboxONE promotion]

ANyone get a marketplace update yet? I'm curious what's going to be in there.
Since they don't currently have a musical endorser, it will be Dale Earnhardt shot glasses, and Beyonce luggage, Beyonce clothing, Beyonce cardboard stand-ups, serving trays, autographed Peyton Manning forehead pictures(just the forehead, I was told they couldn't fit more than that into the frame by a reputable source), Dorito casserole recipes, and an awesome football pdf. I would also count on Dew branded desktop wallpapers and perhaps a screensaver for those who don't yet have LCD/LED/plasma monitors.

eh now I have some of my points and one of my entries back. Still missing like 13k and a bunch of sweeps entries..

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow these bids are ridiculous. I wonder how much money they have wasted on Mt.Dew.I am just gonna give up its not like I wanted a Xbox One anyways.  :whistle2:(

I'm looking for 5 to 7k in points. Pm me to negotiate a price.

Now for something more relevant .  Last night we stayed in the high 40s for most of the night , it took 20 auctions to go from 42k to 40k  and another 12 to get to the lowest at 37k

Hopefully tonight we see things dip to the low 30s but it looks like a lot of people bought them

This might have been posted already, but if you get outbid on an auction you get an email with a link to an amazon item where you can buy a four pack of Doritos and get a 1000 pt bonus code for around 20 bucks.

This might have been posted already, but if you get outbid on an auction you get an email with a link to an amazon item where you can buy a four pack of Doritos and get a 1000 pt bonus code for around 20 bucks.
That's a really awful deal though, you can get 1000k from gamer points for just under $10+tax. Only benefit is you get it immediately that way.

I can trade dew 200pts for doritos 200pts. I also have steam keys and MCR to trade, as well as $25 in amazon.

I have a friend at the same thing as you.  With another what 47 auctions left  I bet we see it drop to 36k or so. I gotta imagine that a lot of them will run out of steam .

Damn i wasn' going to recycling bin dive at myc ollege, but seeing that you need at least 30K to have a ghost of a chance, i think im going to start 2morrow.   I saw 1 in a bin today and took it and got 1 cap.  Asking friends ain't cutting ir aymore.  I'm only at abou 7500 i'm not even close.

most excellent. I gathered up to 31k today, and have someone willing to loan me another 100 or so caps.

this will put me in the sweet spot for the first 2 days of bidding. Any extra i gift back to him, then continue my cap hunt to repay him lost caps. Anything after we split so i can still have marketplace value, and he gets the additional caps!

Looks like the sweet spot after the first 2 days is around 35k to 50k to win a standard auction. I'm at 28k right now after buying 17 Gamer Packs -- clearing out the stock at the Wal-Marts around me that I know carry them. I asked if they were restocking and, as I figured, they said they don't know/maybe later this week. I'm going to stick to buying them until I get around 40k.

If things keep looking like they do, I'm sure we'll start to see most winnings in the 30k to 40k range later. Doubt we'll see any lower though.

Looks like the sweet spot after the first 2 days is around 35k to 50k to win a standard auction. I'm at 28k right now after buying 17 Gamer Packs -- clearing out the stock at the Wal-Marts around me that I know carry them. I asked if they were restocking and, as I figured, they said they don't know/maybe later this week. I'm going to stick to buying them until I get around 40k.

If things keep looking like they do, I'm sure we'll start to see most winnings in the 30k to 40k range later. Doubt we'll see any lower though.
Yea hopefully most of the CAGs can win before ppl really start redeeming lots more points. I see the end of this contest being really hard to win

Yea hopefully most of the CAGs can win before ppl really start redeeming lots more points. I see the end of this contest being really hard to win
Yeah, I figured when people realize how low people have won them for, there will be a rush to buy product and snatch one. That's why I'm trying to get mine ASAP before it gets ridiculous. I just have to wait and hope the Gamer Packs are restocked at the Wal-Marts around here soon.

Im really hoping they drop low on black friday... Feasibly 20kish is where I am going to be able to get without help.

Last night's lowest winning bid was auction 148  at 37501 k . There were 3 winners of different auctions at this price.

To nights lowest winning bid was 37001  auction 297

I will expect the same tomorrow basicly no drop. The only diffence is the mega spenders are done. But there are a lot of people watching and see that two nights in a row we had these bids at these prices and . Those at 30k will spend another 50 or 100 to get to 38k for a system.  Those at 25k  may spend to get up to 38k also.

If you've invested a lot of money already   as long as your getting the system cheaper than it sells for   your going to invest to get it

I wish i would have started getting bottlecaps earlier from work. I'm up to 3k after just a few days of asking around and looking in the bottle recycling bins.. 

I wish the marketplace would open up finally.

There's no chance in heck I would win an auction with the mere 2,000 points I have
And sweeps entry's are my only ticket into winning a xbox one
So I wanna spend my points on something.

How long does this go agin unitl Dec 18?   Maybe theere will be 20K auctuiosn yet.  I still ahve  chance XD  I'm only @ 7725 i got  a ways to go. 

I won a ryse bundle last night. Hopefully these ship not to long after launch so I can flip that game for decent credit somewhere. I could have won DR3 or forza easily towards the end of the night, but my wife didn't listen to me and bid on Ryse. Oh well at least I got an xbox one for around $270 out of pocket.

bread's done
Back