Mountain Dew & Doritos [XboxONE promotion]

Tracking said delivery by 2:30, but I think the snow storm is messing with them. I really hope I can still get my box today!

What's wrong with it?
Just a slew of minor annoyances accompanied by horrible design choices. The install times for games ranges from 30-60 minutes to go from 0% to 100%. You are able to boot up and play after 10 minutes or so for most titles but compared to PS4's 1-2 minutes, it's annoying but I can see this being addressed in a patch. The UI is a little wonky as Microsoft is really pushing for voice control over traditional controller input. I don't feel like yelling at my TV all the time and when I do, the Kinect is inconsistent when it comes to picking up my voice -- might just be me but it's even more of an issue when I'm in a party, trying to talk to my friends.

The "friends list" is absolutely atrocious. It bundles everyone together and it loads in a separate app rather than an overlay like the 360. There are no longer any notifications of when people come online. I read that they made this choice because the friends list limit is now at 1,000 rather than 100. Simple, brain dead solution would be to have a toggle for notifications or only showing notifications for people you deem as favorites but I'm sure this will be patched.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I won the system but I feel like if anyone's on the fence about the system, I'd say hold off until Microsoft sorts things out. Right now, it's little short of being a train wreck. Also, I haven't had any hands on with the PS4 so.. yeah.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a slew of minor annoyances accompanied by horrible design choices. The install times for games ranges from 30-60 minutes to go from 0% to 100%. You are able to boot up and play after 10 minutes or so for most titles but compared to PS4's 1-2 minutes, it's annoying but I can see this being addressed in a patch. The UI is a little wonky as Microsoft is really pushing for voice control over traditional controller input. I don't feel like yelling at my TV all the time and when I do, the Kinect is inconsistent when it comes to picking up my voice -- might just be me but it's even more of an issue when I'm in a party, trying to talk to my friends.

The "friends list" is absolutely atrocious. It bundles everyone together and it loads in a separate app rather than an overlay like the 360. There are no longer any notifications of when people come online. I read that they made this choice because the friends list limit is now at 1,000 rather than 100. Simple, brain dead solution would be to have a toggle for notifications or only showing notifications for people you deem as favorites but I'm sure this will be patched.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I won the system but I feel like if anyone's on the fence about the system, I'd say hold off until Microsoft sorts things out. Right now, it's little short of being a train wreck. Also, I haven't had any hands on with the PS4 so.. yeah.
No offense to this poster. But take it with a grain of salt. All of these things, minus the install times, will change. I too hate the separate apps for friends list and achievements. I even hate how I cant hit the guide button just to see a message sent. But it'll all be patched eventually. The 360 didn't reach its best at launch either. So give it time. The X1 is still an awesome system.

Also. I have 1, 200pt Doritos code up for "sale". I just want a 160msp or $2 moneysoft code.

No offense to this poster. But take it with a grain of salt. All of these things, minus the install times, will change. I too hate the separate apps for friends list and achievements. I even hate how I cant hit the guide button just to see a message sent. But it'll all be patched eventually. The 360 didn't reach its best at launch either. So give it time. The X1 is still an awesome system.

Also. I have 1, 200pt Doritos code up for "sale". I just want a 160msp or $2 moneysoft code.
Notice how I said that most of my issues are probably in the process of being patched. Also, you saying to "give it time" just reinforces my "hold off until Microsoft sorts things out."

Awesome system, just needs (a lot of) work.

Notice how I said that most of my issues are probably in the process of being patched. Also, you saying to "give it time" just reinforces my "hold off until Microsoft sorts things out."

Awesome system, just needs (a lot of) work.

Its doesn't reinforce it necessarily. I'm not telling people to hold off. I'm saying its still very enjoyable even with its flaws. If you want it to be better, it will be.

When I look at the Sweeps Entered tab under my account, nothing shows up even though I had over

200 entries in a drawing last week.  My current sweepstakes credits are everything I input since then.

Anyone else have this issue?

I have a battlefield 4 China Rising Map Pack code for 360 but I am pretty sure it would work on xbox one since all battlefield xbox 360 stuff transfers... have premium so I didn't need the code

willing to take best point offer

Bah. Day 3 winner that found out today the console I got is busted. Given these are the cag forums it should be no surprise I'm not paying for expedited repair. Could be another 2 weeks or more before I have a functional unit.

Bah. Day 3 winner that found out today the console I got is busted. Given these are the cag forums it should be no surprise I'm not paying for expedited repair. Could be another 2 weeks or more before I have a functional unit.
what's wrong with it, did you get one with a bad disc drive?

what's wrong with it, did you get one with a bad disc drive?
graphical errors likely stemming from a bad GPU apparently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRGMBDf3Ldw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

That's video from my console. It runs fine. Looks like crap.

Edit: I'm on my phone at work and that link apparently won't post.

I have 17,400 points   3,700 points left in UNUSED cap codes. these come with a sweepstakes entry each.

Looking for paypal

send a pm

Mine arrived today, not home will see in a few hours if i too got a day one. Won in the early 1300s and was a dead rising 3 auction

Just started playing Dead Rising 3 and Ryse. Dead Rising 3 looked fun from what I've seen but kept reading horrible things about Ryse so I was weary. Regardless, I decided to grab Day One editions of both games when Walmart had them for $49. I'm really glad I did because I'm enjoying Ryse a lot. Definitely an awesome game. :)

Jesus, after trying to sell my points, a friend gifted me 5k, so now I'm at around 43k, take a look at the auctions, and all of last nights auctions ended over 52k. Always one step behind. Anyone interested in 43k points for $325 paypal or Amazon? I'm currently moving, I'd rather sell them all at once than have to worry about getting back to people for several transactions.

ok so I keep getting an error 999 when checking out, looking to buy the Forza DLC: 2012 Chevy Mt Dew #88 Camaro ZL1 code instead (costs 1000 points). PM me please

bread's done
Back