MS Live.com Search Cashback program - 25% Cashback @ eBay

fwacce

CAGiversary!
Already on every other board. Should be here as well.

just noticed this while doing a search on live.com for the wii... basically eBay is giving 35% off pretty much anything on their site (only Buy It Now w/ PayPal items) through a Microsoft CashBack program. this is huge... you can get up to $250 back. i just bought a roomba and got $100 off.

here's where i found the 35% off: http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=nintendo+wii&form=QBRE ... not sure if they have higher % off in other places?

here are the terms and conditions on eBay's site: http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html
looks like you can do this up to 3 times.
Would be a great use on a PS3 with some games. You can get up to $750 or so to get the maximum $250 back.

On live search it still shows the deal for 25% but when I click the link it no longer shows that I will get 25% off at the top. Is anyone else having his problem?

[quote name='Fatal Snipe']On live search it still shows the deal for 25% but when I click the link it no longer shows that I will get 25% off at the top. Is anyone else having his problem?[/QUOTE]
Have you done the cashback thing before?

Nope never, but I've clicked the Live Search link like 20 times. Could that be why? It was working just an hour ago and now I can't get it to work no matter what.

Edit: hmm for some reason it is because I logged in. If I click the link while logged into ebay it will not work, but if I click the link and THEN sign in it will work...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Bioshocked360']Well I had the 25% at the top and when I committed to buy the $520 iPhone, the icon at the top disappeared at the top and I got no discount.[/quote]

IIRC they give you 60min to decide, after that you lose it and have to restart the search.

[quote name='Bioshocked360']I only had the window open for about a minute before I bought it.[/quote]Don't press commit to buy unless it tells you how much cash you are getting back. Also is this your first time using live.com cashback with eBay? You can only get cashback on eBay up to 3 times up to $250 each time.

Is anybody else having a problem getting the actual cashback account page to open? I can get to the search cashback address fine and all but when I click "Your cashback account" to see the cashback in my account the page won't load. It's been doing that to me for at least a week now. I've tried opening that page on both Firefox and IE. =(

it's this https://cashbackaccount.search.live.com/cashback/welcome.aspx address that won't open for me

I just tried now and it worked fine.
went to live.com first
clicked on the cashback link and logged in

Also, the title of this thread should be changed, something like 10-25% Varying

[quote name='xbltheshadow']
Ok, I figured out my problem with not being able to log into the cashback website. Hopefully anyone else that sees this and just hasn't posted, or will post in the future will use this for reference becase it applied to me.
[quote name='SlickDeals']If you're a TWC/RR customer and you're unable to access the Get Cash Back button in My Message to create your account, do this:

1) Goto http://ww23.rr.com/prefs.php (or whatever redirection service is for your area). You can also find this out by typing tracert cashbackaccount.search.live.com on a cmd box and use the IP addresss of the last server hit.
2) Select disable redirection (this is the first option - web address redirection service).[/quote][/quote].

[quote name='xbltheshadow'].[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much! That fixed it. The site had worked once very early on but not since so I figured it was the site. I appreciate it.

I ordered a eeepc 901 20g today with just the 25%. I got the cashback message on ebay but the signup page isnt responding for me. I tried out the redirection stuff to no avail.

got everything to work, got the message from ebay saying I can get cashback plus the 10% off. Now if it would just appear on the live.com cashback page ;( Hope it shows up tomorrow.

[quote name='Fatal Snipe']Lol what would be a good thing to buy a then resell? Consoles seem like too much work[/quote]

iPods, cell phones, GPS units

Anything really expensive, but really light. I was selling those 80GB MGS4 PS3 bundles when they came out and they were huge pains in the ass.

Combined this with Ebay's 10% off coupon to purchase a new NDSLite since I'm getting way too annoyed with having to constantly blow/press hard on the left-shoulder button to get it to work. Thanks!

[quote name='Bioshocked360']What is the coupon code to get another 10% off?
EDIT: Found it, nevermind.[/quote]
Didn't that already expire? I was going to use it during while it was valid, but it was only 10% w/ cashback at the time.

[quote name='darkchaostitan']Didn't that already expire? I was going to use it during while it was valid, but it was only 10% w/ cashback at the time.[/quote]

There's a new 10% ebay coupon going around that expired July 29.

When I click on the link to sign up for cashback in my messages, it doesn't load. Is anyone else having this problem?

[quote name='Fatal Snipe']When I click on the link to sign up for cashback in my messages, it doesn't load. Is anyone else having this problem?[/quote]
[quote name='xbltheshadow']
Ok, I figured out my problem with not being able to log into the cashback website. Hopefully anyone else that sees this and just hasn't posted, or will post in the future will use this for reference becase it applied to me.
[quote name='SlickDeals']If you're a TWC/RR customer and you're unable to access the Get Cash Back button in My Message to create your account, do this:

1) Goto http://ww23.rr.com/prefs.php (or whatever redirection service is for your area). You can also find this out by typing tracert cashbackaccount.search.live.com on a cmd box and use the IP addresss of the last server hit.
2) Select disable redirection (this is the first option - web address redirection service).[/quote][/quote].

[quote name='silent h3ro']I'm surprised so many people are having problems logging in. Btw, cashback usually takes about a day after payment.[/QUOTE]

Eh, it seems to vary. My first purchase showed up instantly after I hit the message from ebay. The second one showed up 2 weeks later and the third showed up 1 week later.

[quote name='pinoy530']Eh, it seems to vary. My first purchase showed up instantly after I hit the message from ebay. The second one showed up 2 weeks later and the third showed up 1 week later.[/quote]

ok, im getting worried about the Elite I bought 6 days ago that isn't showing up in my cashback account. hopefully im like you and it's just taking longer than usual to show up.

Anyone else getting this? Whenever I click on a 25% link on live search it doesn't load up on ebay. If I click a 20% link though it shows up fine. Are they getting rid of 25% off?

[quote name='V878']Anyone else getting this? Whenever I click on a 25% link on live search it doesn't load up on ebay. If I click a 20% link though it shows up fine. Are they getting rid of 25% off?[/QUOTE]

25% is a mistake right now.

It's currently 20%

On that note, I gotta say this has to be a contender for non-videogame deal of the year.

Just bought a southwest gift card and will save over $100. Nice - especially considering all these ridiculous fuel surcharges lately.

Last day of the ebay 10% coupon code (CJULYFUN0810P), so figured I'd give this a go. Searched live for "cheap camera" and it's back up to 25% cashback. Picked up mint copies of Persona 1&2 on the cheap! \\:D/

[quote name='Guerrilla']Last day of the ebay 10% coupon code (CJULYFUN0810P), so figured I'd give this a go. Searched live for "cheap camera" and it's back up to 25% cashback. Picked up mint copies of Persona 1&2 on the cheap! \\:D/[/quote]

Thx for the idea. I got the same combo :D.

Too bad I couldn't use the coupon. It was saying that was linked to another Paypal account :bomb:.

[quote name='SniperREX']Thx for the idea. I got the same combo :D.

Too bad I couldn't use the coupon. It was saying that was linked to another Paypal account :bomb:.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, unless you get the email, coupon codes wont usually work for you. Here's hoping for next months!

I'm working with MS but I had my 35% cash back show up on my account about a week after purchase then it disappeared a week later along with my account details. You guys should be careful of this in all honesty. I may be out $250 dollars. August 6th was supposed to be my payday and still haven't got it back.

[quote name='DongHungLong']I'm working with MS but I had my 35% cash back show up on my account about a week after purchase then it disappeared a week later along with my account details. You guys should be careful of this in all honesty. I may be out $250 dollars. August 6th was supposed to be my payday and still haven't got it back.[/quote]

That's weird. Mine is still showing up. I don't think MS is gonna screw us. They don't need any additional bad publicity.

[quote name='DongHungLong']I'm working with MS but I had my 35% cash back show up on my account about a week after purchase then it disappeared a week later along with my account details. You guys should be careful of this in all honesty. I may be out $250 dollars. August 6th was supposed to be my payday and still haven't got it back.[/quote]

Could you have been investigated for fraudulent behavior?

Looking in my account, I've only got 17 days left until I get my $175 cashback.

I have used it twice now for a total of around 40 bucks cash back. Nothing big, but mine both show up on the MS page with countdown days for my refunds.

[quote name='motuza']Hmmm...I can't seem to get this on live search anymore. Have they ended this offer already?[/quote]
Interesting... I'm having trouble trying to get it to show cashback links to ebay as well. I wonder if Microsoft got tired of throwing money around.

[quote name='motuza']Hmmm...I can't seem to get this on live search anymore. Have they ended this offer already?[/quote]

Same here. I usually check everyday in hopes for it to go to 28-35% ever again, but I couldn't get the result at all today. I hope it's not dead, cuz I still have 2 uses on my account!

I'm looking at some of the regular Live searches and the rates are horrible; like, 2-8% back and the prices are higher than normal retailers.

bread's done
Back