MS Live.com Search Cashback program - 25% Cashback @ eBay

fwacce

CAGiversary!
Already on every other board. Should be here as well.

just noticed this while doing a search on live.com for the wii... basically eBay is giving 35% off pretty much anything on their site (only Buy It Now w/ PayPal items) through a Microsoft CashBack program. this is huge... you can get up to $250 back. i just bought a roomba and got $100 off.

here's where i found the 35% off: http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=nintendo+wii&form=QBRE ... not sure if they have higher % off in other places?

here are the terms and conditions on eBay's site: http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html
looks like you can do this up to 3 times.
Would be a great use on a PS3 with some games. You can get up to $750 or so to get the maximum $250 back.

I'll be getting $127.68 on Sept. 6th. Made 5 purchases, not bad at all if you ask me. Basically saved me $100 on my new computer (plus another $80 in rebates).

[quote name='menikmati']Deal is currently alive, just saved $222.50 on suspension.[/quote]

I can also confirm. After several unsuccessful "cheap 360", "cheap ps3", "cheap iphone" searches, misspelling "wi fit" pulled up ebay and 25%. Eureka!!! (you don't get much eureka these days...)

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I can also confirm. After several unsuccessful "cheap 360", "cheap ps3", "cheap iphone" searches, misspelling "wi fit" pulled up ebay and 25%. Eureka!!! (you don't get much eureka these days...)[/quote]

All these keywords are confirmed, along with "cheap gold."

[quote name='snakelda']Lowering your car?[/QUOTE]

Just a little, was going to just get springs but I would eventually have to get new shocks

Are you getting the 25% right away off the purchase or
Are you paying the whole amount then waiting to get the money back?

[quote name='Mako1215']Ok cool. I'm going to have to wait then
and one more question
How long are they going to be doing this?[/quote]

No one knows. It comes and goes without notice.

Also, if it doesn't show up in your account right away, there's no need to post here to ask about it because no one will know why and it's happened to many of us already. The cashback help has a link to contact them if it's not in your account by 7 days (which probably means if it's less than 7 days, it's considered normal). You'll get the cashback messages in your e-mail and eBay account very soon after your eBay transaction and if you keep those, you'll have more than enough proof to claim it with Live after those 7 days.

[quote name='menikmati']Just a little, was going to just get springs but I would eventually have to get new shocks[/quote]OUt of curiosity,what did you get? A link?

Tein Basic coilovers, I would've gotten the Super Streets but I couldn't justify the extra $300 just for damping adjustability. I was originally going for Nismos but those don't even let you adjust the ride height.

Got the Basics for $747 after $222.50 cashback, from this link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TEIN...008QQitemZ180266870821QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

Shipped out within 12 hours of payment and no tax, cheapest I could find it after the Tein price increases.

[quote name='menikmati']Tein Basic coilovers, I would've gotten the Super Streets but I couldn't justify the extra $300 just for damping adjustability. I was originally going for Nismos but those don't even let you adjust the ride height.

Got the Basics for $747 after $222.50 cashback, from this link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TEIN...008QQitemZ180266870821QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

Shipped out within 12 hours of payment and no tax, cheapest I could find it after the Tein price increases.[/quote]Nice.Just make sure when you get them to check that they really are authentic.http://www.tein.com/counterfeit/index.html I am eyeing is a nice 20" Wheel and Tire set that actually looks nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just bought Crysis and Sins of a Solar empire for about $20 each. Boring, I know, but I can't afford to spend big bucks right now, only little bucks. I was thinking about getting a paintball gun but I just can't get myself to do it right now. If anybody is having problems finding this just use the link in the OP's post. It has given me a link for 25% off ebay the last 5 times I've clicked it.
EDIT: Fine I gave up and bought a paintball gun. Got a proto rail matrix with a nice tank, hopper, mask, a couple of pod harnesses with a bunch of pods, and a few random things for $318 after $100 cash back. Now that this deal isn't looming over my head anymore maybe I can get back to my life.

I called them and after waiting like 15 mins. they gave me a ref. # and said to call back when I ordered them and I would receive a kit (I assume for free)..gonna call in abit...I got a refurb. one for $105 shipped and will get back $26.25!!

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']If I bought a used 120 GB harddrive for the xbox 360 could I call Mircosoft and they would send me the transfer cable?[/QUOTE]

It depends. On this thread, Corvin reported being able to get Microsoft to send him one:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191545

When I called, I spent 20 minutes on the phone with them and it seemed like they were going to send me one when at the end they just said `sorry, we only can only send you one if you bought an Elite.' =(

You can only use this 3 times with ebay, correct? I've saved about 145 bucks so far on 3 purchases. If three is the limit, I'll be sad to see it go.

[quote name='Luthyr']I read in their agreement that it is six times per eBay account.[/quote]
Oh wow, I was about to post instantly saying you were wrong, but after looking at the terms again, you're right.
You may receive Cashback Rewards for up to a maximum of six (6) Online Sessions per account on www.ebay.com. Once you have completed six (6) Online Sessions under any eBay.com account, you will no longer be eligible to receive Cashback Rewards for purchases made under such eBay.com account.

Obviously the terms have changed since this started. Good news for those of us who have used it 3 times!

[quote name='Luthyr']I read in their agreement that it is six times per eBay account.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, might have to buy 3 more things then.

Damn, I don't even know what to buy anymore.

[quote name='xbltheshadow']Oh wow, I was about to post instantly saying you were wrong, but after looking at the terms again, you're right.
[/font]
Obviously the terms have changed since this started. Good news for those of us who have used it 3 times!
[/size][/font][/quote]
Whoa holy shit! YESS!

Like I said before, I wish I knew what to get :( I already have all the systems! lol and buying games seems like it's not enough money back...

My brother bought a barely used PS3 80GB MGS4 bundle for $405 shipped after cash back :)

Wow. That is awesome.

So far I've gotten Wii Fit at regular price after cashback (overpriced on Ebay but the only place I could find it), a 30gig Zune cheap, and GH III with 2 guitars from Red Octane's ebay store. Great deals all around.

Now I have to go see what else I can get on the cheap. Thanks guys!

followed this thread way back.. but haven't checked up on it. I assume no one has been able to get the actual cash back yet?

okay read up on it some more.. so can these cashback rewards from MS be transferred as cash like into your bank acct etc? How are they to be redeemed after 60 days? Thanks!

I'm pretty sure they transfer the money into your paypal account. From your paypal account you can either keep it there to spend places or transfer it to a bank account.

How long has it been taking everyone to get the money into your Microsoft accounts? I thought it was usually within an hour but mine has taken about a day so far.

[quote name='DrFoo']I'm pretty sure they transfer the money into your paypal account. From your paypal account you can either keep it there to spend places or transfer it to a bank account.

How long has it been taking everyone to get the money into your Microsoft accounts? I thought it was usually within an hour but mine has taken about a day so far.[/QUOTE]

I am pretty sure you are correct about the first part.

As for the second I think they're making you wait all the days now it seems like:
Aug 11, 2008 $125.00 Oct 10, 2008 (56 days left)

i get my first cashback in 3 days, if no one else reports by then i'll let you know what the options are as far as requesting the actual money.

[quote name='DrFoo']I'm pretty sure they transfer the money into your paypal account. From your paypal account you can either keep it there to spend places or transfer it to a bank account.

How long has it been taking everyone to get the money into your Microsoft accounts? I thought it was usually within an hour but mine has taken about a day so far.[/quote]

From my previous post just a page back...

"Also, if it doesn't show up in your account right away, there's no need to post here to ask about it because no one will know why and it's happened to many of us already. The cashback help has a link to contact them if it's not in your account by 7 days (which probably means if it's less than 7 days, it's considered normal). You'll get the cashback messages in your e-mail and eBay account very soon after your eBay transaction and if you keep those, you'll have more than enough proof to claim it with Live after those 7 days."

You can link your checking account to your live.com cashback account or send it to your paypal account. It took them over a month to get one of my cashback purchases to show up on my account. I was sweating because the only reason I bought the thing I did was because of the 25% off deal.

[quote name='qwerty1']i get my first cashback in 3 days, if no one else reports by then i'll let you know what the options are as far as requesting the actual money.[/quote]
Mine ends in two days. It looks simple enough though. Hit the "Pay Me" button and it sends the money to your bank account/paypal/whatever.

bread's done
Back