MS Live.com Search Cashback program - 25% Cashback @ eBay

fwacce

CAGiversary!
Already on every other board. Should be here as well.

just noticed this while doing a search on live.com for the wii... basically eBay is giving 35% off pretty much anything on their site (only Buy It Now w/ PayPal items) through a Microsoft CashBack program. this is huge... you can get up to $250 back. i just bought a roomba and got $100 off.

here's where i found the 35% off: http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=nintendo+wii&form=QBRE ... not sure if they have higher % off in other places?

here are the terms and conditions on eBay's site: http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html
looks like you can do this up to 3 times.
Would be a great use on a PS3 with some games. You can get up to $750 or so to get the maximum $250 back.

I know the terms now state that it is up to six transactions per e-bay/live.com account but has anyone who originally done three had any success with adding three more recently? Just wondering before I try to add on three more purchases. Thanks!

looks like 25% off may be dead; it's 15% off now - I knew I should've pounced on that Halo 3 Legendary Edition auction last night....:(

looks like 25% off may be dead; it's 15% off now - I knew I should've pounced on that Halo 3 Legendary Edition auction last night....:(

[quote name='klam173']I know the terms now state that it is up to six transactions per e-bay/live.com account but has anyone who originally done three had any success with adding three more recently? Just wondering before I try to add on three more purchases. Thanks![/quote]

I'd like to hear the answer to this, too.

hey guys Found out you can get 40% and 5 dollar bonus on first purchase using cashback with hotmoviesale

5 dollar bonus again but i think you would need to register with another name when purchasing again.

but even without the 5 dollars its 40% while cashback is active.

[quote name='weguzs']hey guys Found out you can get 40% and 5 dollar bonus on first purchase using cashback with hotmoviesale

5 dollar bonus again but i think you would need to register with another name when purchasing again.

but even without the 5 dollars its 40% while cashback is active.[/QUOTE]

Huh? Can't find it, typed the term. What do you mean?

I guess its only for games then? Thought you meant for anything, the eBay discount. I'll look more later at it and see if there's any games I may get.

Use live.com search for eBay, not the cashback search.
Don't search for what you actually want until after you click the cashback link. Read through the past 2 pages for search words.

THe hotmoviesale site seems VERY iffy. Fine prints say it'll automatically register you for a 7 days trial with SmartSavingsCenter that'll cost $20 a month if you dont' cancel in time. And will cancel your DVD order at hotmoviesale if you cancel the purchase before the order got processed. Wonder has anyone successfully cancelled their SmartSavingsCenter trial.

well that's to get the 5 dollars with the 40% cashback which i believe is still valid
even if you don't select that

[quote name='weguzs']well that's to get the 5 dollars with the 40% cashback which i believe is still valid
even if you don't select that[/quote]

there doesn't seem to be a way to "un-select" that...if there is,care to share it?

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']there doesn't seem to be a way to "un-select" that...if there is,care to share it?[/quote]

Yea anyone find a way to disable that? I REALLY don't feel like giving some weird company authority to charge me $20 a month. Maybe it'll be hell to cancel that account. :)

I remember reading this question but don't think anyone replied.

If you have the cashback pay you through PayPal, will you get hit with PayPal fees (assuming you have a "business" account or whichever one it is that you charged a fee for accepting payments)?

[quote name='Mugen Power']I remember reading this question but don't think anyone replied.

If you have the cashback pay you through PayPal, will you get hit with PayPal fees (assuming you have a "business" account or whichever one it is that you charged a fee for accepting payments)?[/quote]

MS would probably use mass pay. So the answer is no, you probably won't incur any fees.

[quote name='evanft']How come it won't let me select my bank account as a payment option?[/quote]
Paypal won't let you do a direct transaction from your bank account? Is that what your saying?

Just did the cash back to my paypal and here is the message I got

"Your cashback is on its way! Microsoft will initiate a payment of $129.29 to your PayPal in approximately 14 days."

So it looks like I have to wait another two weeks, plus whatever time paypal takes. Great.

It also will only let you have paypal as a method of payment for the ebay transactions. I contacted live search to see why other payment forms would not come up and they said for this promotion payment has to go through paypal. Hopefully paypal doesn't take a big bite out of my cash with fees to process this.

I don't really have a problem waiting another 2 weeks to get my payment, but it's a bit of a joke after waiting 60 days already.... just label it as 74 days and make the payment.

[quote name='Xfactor19990']anyone know? is it up to $250 total? or up to $250 for each purchase?[/quote]
Its for each purchase. And it has been changed to $200

[quote name='Xfactor19990']ummm any terms that i could get the full amount off, i have spent a hr trying different terms[/quote]
Do you mean you want 100% cashback?? This thing is maxed right now at 25%.

[quote name='Xfactor19990']no im just trying to get the 25% percent but every word i type brings up 15% i have tried for about 2 straight hours[/quote]
The amount you get back fluctuates, it's been 15% for about 2 days now, so stop searching lol

[quote name='Death by Kuvasz']Just did the cash back to my paypal and here is the message I got

"Your cashback is on its way! Microsoft will initiate a payment of $129.29 to your PayPal in approximately 14 days."

So it looks like I have to wait another two weeks, plus whatever time paypal takes. Great.

It also will only let you have paypal as a method of payment for the ebay transactions. I contacted live search to see why other payment forms would not come up and they said for this promotion payment has to go through paypal. Hopefully paypal doesn't take a big bite out of my cash with fees to process this.[/quote]

14 days????

All my ebay transactions for the 25% back have said 60 days....

[quote name='Death by Kuvasz']Just did the cash back to my paypal and here is the message I got

It also will only let you have paypal as a method of payment for the ebay transactions. I contacted live search to see why other payment forms would not come up and they said for this promotion payment has to go through paypal. Hopefully paypal doesn't take a big bite out of my cash with fees to process this.[/quote]

I can confirm everything in the Kuvasz's post, as I did the exact same thing this morning.

And for the above poster, the 14 days is AFTER the 60 day period. It gives Microsoft a big grace period by which to payout and give you the money.

[quote name='Quintox']I might just ask for a check in the mail - I am worried about PP fees[/quote]

You have to use paypal. There shouldn't be any fees with a mass pay.

[quote name='OGHowie']Probably forcing you to use PayPal since the promotion was through them.

We'll have to see about the no fees though.[/quote]
You don't have to use PP, I have check in mail option box along with direct bank deposit.

[quote name='Quintox']You don't have to use PP, I have check in mail option box along with direct bank deposit.[/QUOTE]

I do too, but it doesn't let you select that when you choose Pay Me. It would not let me direct deposit to my checking or mail a check.

I received my first distribution yesterday and there are no fees for sure. It also came 10 days after I requested it, so "approximately 14 days" is an appropriate statement.

Aug. 17, 2008 Payment From Live Search cashback Completed Details: $123.60 USD $0.00 USD $123.60 USD

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jbeaumont71']I received my first distribution yesterday and there are no fees for sure. It also came 10 days after I requested it, so "approximately 14 days" is an appropriate statement.

Aug. 17, 2008 Payment From Live Search cashback Completed Details: $123.60 USD $0.00 USD $123.60 USD[/quote]
Well, do you have a personal account or a premium account? I'd expect a personal account to have no fees, but I think Paypal will take out their normal fee for those of us who are premium members.

bread's done
Back