MSG4 on 360?

[quote name='DarkNessBear']You just contradicted yourself. Saying, "If that's who's on your friends list..." Then saying, "unable to talk to or hear most people you are playing with". That implies random people, and most random people on xbox live are either under 12 or a racist bigot.
[/quote]

It just varies. Most nights on CoD4 I don't hit a lot of kids or assholes, some nights I do. Halo 3? Lot more kids and idiots on there in my experience.

But it's easy enough to mute people,and more often than not the chatter is amusing rather than offensive.

I know you guys have a tough time understanding this. But, that's actually possible on the PS3 to... MGO and Warhawk nights are awesome.

Sure. But from my limited experience the invite system, party forming etc. wasn't as smooth and well integrated.

But the PS3 is certainly fine for online gaming, as long as you don't mind most randoms not having a headset. To some that's even a plus.

Online didn't factor into my decision. I didn't get a PS3 as I don't give a shit about Sony's first party games for the most part, nor MGS, nor final fantasy. That and I didn't want to support a company who thought shoving Blu ray on us in a $600 console was a reasonable thing to do. I played the heck out of the PS1 and PS2, but that was a slap in the face since I don't care about HD movies right now (much less 2 years ago).

[quote name='BULL_Ship']don't believe it? put the game in play a briefing and hold up on the dpad. Notice the compression artifacts? don't? get a better tv.

http://i27.tinypic.com/2s009zb.jpg[/quote]

ROFFLE, again.
That's from the patrol boat scene near the end of act 3. Everyone knows that one is prerendered because you can't zoom in. Those are few and far between in the game.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Socom is a bit to slow and strategic for me--more the latter. I like action oriented shooters that don't require much teamwork etc. I don't play online regularly enough to get into games like Socom.

The PS3 has a lot of very good games that I'd definitely check out if I ever pick one up. But like thrustbucket, there's just not that group of 5 or so absolute personal "must have!" types of games that I need to justify buying any console. And that's even more true now with consoles still well above the $199 sweet spot (or starting spot) of past generations.[/quote]

Well, I just took advantage of Pay Pal rewards and decided to break down and buy a PS3. And I am just about the biggest "Xbot" alive.

As for Socom, I think they have a respawn mode for itchy triggers. I am the same way, more action type, and I remember playing SOCOM 2 with its respawn mode.

[quote name='help1']Well, I just took advantage of Pay Pal rewards and decided to break down and buy a PS3. And I am just about the biggest "Xbot" alive.

As for Socom, I think they have a respawn mode for itchy triggers. I am the same way, more action type, and I remember playing SOCOM 2 with its respawn mode.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I'm not an Xbot. I don't really like any of the 3 console makers--I pretty much dislike them all just for different reasons. I just like games and go with whoever has the most I want to play. :D

Sony annoyed me a little more than the other two this gen for sure, but I still went back and forth for a while on whether to get a PS3 or 360--the games made the final decsion, not my dislike of Sony forcing blu ray, the high price at launch etc.

The pawning in Socom didn't bother me, I just didn't have much fun with it. I'm more into the CoD4, Halo 3 straight deathmatch, fragfest type of games. Maybe some domination or something simple, but that's about it.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']So are you mainly a PC gamer?[/quote]

Definitely sounds like PC Gaming would be the best platform for his gaming habits.

Nope, I hate PC gaming. Can't stand sitting at a computer to game at home after working on one all day. Hate keyboard mouse controls. etc.

I love the games on the 360, despite that I don't like Microsoft as a company. I also love a lot of games on the DS, despite hating the direction Nintendo is going with casual games.

My point was I'm not a fanboy with any interest in any of the 3 consoles/companies. I just buy which ever one has the most games I want to play at the time I decide to take the plunge each generation. Last gen I eventually had all 3. This gen I had and sold the Wii and moved on to the 360 and will probably stick with it. I don't have enough time for games these days to need more than one console as I'll never even get to all the 360 games I'd like to.

This gen it's epecially hard to be a "fan" of any of the three companies--at least for me. Sony forced in Bluray and launched at $500-600. MS launched at $400 and built one of the shoddiest piece of electronics. I don't like all the casual game bullshit, lack of HD and decent online etc. on the Wii. But I still enjoy the games on the 360, and have been lucky and not had mine RROD yet (*knocks on wood*). If it was the PS3 that had more games I had to play, then I'd eventually have bought that one instead of the 360 despite my dislike of the high price due to blu ray etc.

Again, I just go where the games are, not to any particular company each gen, not do I whine when people think "my" consoles only big exclusive to date may get ported and other shit. That's just stupid, there's no reason to be loyal to these companies, or any company in any field. They just exist to take as much of your money as possible. So people need to just play the games they like and STFU about all this console war, fanboy bullshit.

[quote name='evanft']ROFFLE, again.
That's from the patrol boat scene near the end of act 3. Everyone knows that one is prerendered because you can't zoom in. Those are few and far between in the game.
[/QUOTE]

Even the ones where you can zoom in are prerendered in many cases. Just look for the macroblocking close up. I should make a montage of prerendered cutscenes those who can't identify macroblocking. Try a briefing other than the last act and get the mark 2 on the main screen. It is not possible because they are prerendered.

[quote name='BULL_Ship']Even the ones where you can zoom in are prerendered in many cases. Just look for the macroblocking close up. I should make a montage of prerendered cutscenes those who can't identify macroblocking. Try a briefing other than the last act and get the mark 2 on the main screen. It is not possible because they are prerendered.[/quote]

Guess what? When you zoom in, those blocks DON'T CHANGE. There is a constant grid on the screen that does not shift in ANY way when you zoom or move the camera. You know that means? They're not fucking compression artifacts. Fail.

[quote name='evanft']Guess what? When you zoom in, those blocks DON'T CHANGE. There is a constant grid on the screen that does not shift in ANY way when you zoom or move the camera. You know that means? They're not fucking compression artifacts. Fail.[/quote]

or he is using a cheap, garbage LCD that cannot display anything properly.

The 1up podcast had one of the producers from MGS4 on to talk about the game. The most interesting story came from the pregame commercials.

These commercials are done by the same company who does Apple's commercials and apparently the owner of the company and Kojima went to school together at some point and had planned on working together.

He said he traveled from Tokyo to L.A. 13 times during the process just for these commercials. Shooting for the commercials took 6 days. And they were in preproduction for two years!!!

Does anyone have a rough estimate on what Konami spent on this game? From a business standpoint it seems like a no brainer to port it at some point.

[quote name='blitz6speed']or he is using a cheap, garbage LCD that cannot display anything properly.[/quote]

No, they're there. I'd guess they're due to the filters used during many of the cutscenes.

[quote name='BULL_Ship']don't believe it? put the game in play a briefing and hold up on the dpad. Notice the compression artifacts? don't? get a better tv.

2s009zb.jpg
[/quote]

I have a Samsung TV too!

[quote name='paddlefoot']The 1up podcast had one of the producers from MGS4 on to talk about the game. The most interesting story came from the pregame commercials.

These commercials are done by the same company who does Apple's commercials and apparently the owner of the company and Kojima went to school together at some point and had planned on working together.

He said he traveled from Tokyo to L.A. 13 times during the process just for these commercials. Shooting for the commercials took 6 days. And they were in preproduction for two years!!!

Does anyone have a rough estimate on what Konami spent on this game? From a business standpoint it seems like a no brainer to port it at some point.[/quote]

There's a segment on the LE's Blu Ray about this too, I was sort of drifting in and out of listening to it, but I caught the "filmed in 6 days" part. Definitely cool how they did something like that though, I started up the game at first and said "wat?" Kojima wins big for the shit he pulls like that.

[quote name='paddlefoot']The 1up podcast had one of the producers from MGS4 on to talk about the game. The most interesting story came from the pregame commercials.

Does anyone have a rough estimate on what Konami spent on this game? From a business standpoint it seems like a no brainer to port it at some point.[/quote]

They've shipped 3 million, have sold over a million worldwide (that's without know U.S. sales), afaik.

Guess that blows the whole "konami needs the money" theory.

bread's done
Back