MSG4 on 360?

If the developers weren't retarded and actually compressed the audio instead of using uncompressed audio, then I wouldn't be surprised if the game could fit on one, maybe two dual-layer DVDs.

[quote name='help1']
As for multiple discs, is MGS4 on a single layered BluRay disc or a dual layered? Assuming it is single layered and almost at 25 gigs, that would be about 3 DVDs...
[/QUOTE]

It doesn't matter.

The way MGS4 is set up, since the Blu-Ray drive is so slow, you have to install between acts. This takes about 3 minutes.

Instead of installing, you could just switch discs, which would take a lot less time than installing.

[quote name='zewone']It doesn't matter.

The way MGS4 is set up, since the Blu-Ray drive is so slow, you have to install between acts. This takes about 3 minutes.

Instead of installing, you could just switch discs, which would take a lot less time than installing.[/QUOTE]

But then you don't get to see Snake smoke his ciggy :[

[quote name='seanr1221']But then you don't get to see Snake smoke his ciggy :[[/quote]
Yes you would, it would just say "Please switch disk" while snake is smoking:D

Switching disks between every act would be so annoying. Just because when you want to go back to a previous you have to put in another disc... But, it wouldn't be any more annoying then installing every act.

Here's the point that ends this thread: Not going to happen.

Sure, it could come to 360 MAYBE, but let's face it: this is Kojima.

Of course i love Kojima, but he would NEVER water down his product, and i beleive they'd have to do that to put it on 360. He even said he used all 50 GB of the Blu-Ray disc, and cut some things out he wanted to see. This guy's a genius. MGS4 will never be ported. Buy a PS3, play MGS4, or shut up.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Switching disks between every act would be so annoying. Just because when you want to go back to a previous you have to put in another disc... But, it wouldn't be any more annoying then installing every act.[/quote]

Yeah it would. I actually have to get up to change disks!

I know that makes me sound lazy, but I expect my entertainment to cater to me.

As for MGS4 on 360, if there was any game that I'd think wouldn't come to the 360..it'd be mgs4.

So they'd have to:

--change the Mk.II + Mk.III controller to a 360 controller
--change all the Playstation references after the first boss
fight in Act 4, after the first boss fight in Act 5, and other places.
--downgrade everything a bit. audio down to 192kbs mp3, perhaps :lol: (more of a joke about cut scene length in a game than the power of blu-ray.)

it's do-able. you just have to wonder how much it'd sell...MGS4 really is a playstation franchise through and through.

People are actually saying to GET RID of Lossless 7.1 audio? Holy moly. The best thing to happen to video game sound in the history of gaming hits, and you guys want it gone so it can work on your outdated console? Amazing. Just amazing.

[quote name='blitz6speed']People are actually saying to GET RID of Lossless 7.1 audio? Holy moly. The best thing to happen to video game sound in the history of gaming hits, and you guys want it gone so it can work on your outdated console? Amazing. Just amazing.[/quote]

Outdated?

I don't have surround sound, or any decent speakers, so I don't give a shit about 7.1 audio.

I couldn't give a shit less about 7.1 audio either. I'm not an audiophile at all, and just have a fairly cheap 8-9 year old 5.1 system and no plans on upgrading anytime soon.

I like movies and I like games. But I like them for the content, not to stroke myself over how awesome my home theater looks/sounds.

[quote name='the_punisher']
Of course i love Kojima, but he would NEVER water down his product, and i beleive they'd have to do that to put it on 360. He even said he used all 50 GB of the Blu-Ray disc, and cut some things out he wanted to see. This guy's a genius. MGS4 will never be ported. Buy a PS3, play MGS4, or shut up.[/QUOTE]

Water it down how exactly?

If anything it would be enhanced with a real online community and tools to interact with such.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Water it down how exactly?

If anything it would be enhanced with a real online community and tools to interact with such.[/QUOTE]

so a bunch of little kids saying F-you?

[quote name='blitz6speed']People are actually saying to GET RID of Lossless 7.1 audio? Holy moly. The best thing to happen to video game sound in the history of gaming hits, and you guys want it gone so it can work on your outdated console? Amazing. Just amazing.[/quote]
Hmmm...an outdated console that looks better in many games, especially multiplatform, and has better framerate? Interesting...

If you say that you can tell the difference between lossless and compressed audio, you're a liar.

[quote name='62t']so a bunch of little kids saying F-you?[/QUOTE]

If that's who's on your friends list, I guess.

Being unable to talk to or hear most people you are playing with is not a feature.

[quote name='thrustbucket']If that's who's on your friends list, I guess.

Being unable to talk to or hear most people you are playing with is not a feature.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, just play with real life friends, people from CAG, add some cool people you run into and you can avoid most of the morons. And have a great time talking while playing--be it goofing around or talking strategy.

Komami is a publicly traded thrid party company. MGS 4 WILL be coming out for the 360. Will it will be atlest a year untill it comes out but it will be coming out. Fansboy need toget it through there thick skulls that a company doesn't give two shits about you, its all about the bottom line.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Yeah, just play with real life friends, people from CAG, add some cool people you run into and you can avoid most of the morons. And have a great time talking while playing--be it goofing around or talking strategy.[/QUOTE]
Exactly

[quote name='Stuttering Billy']Komami is a publicly traded thrid party company. MGS 4 WILL be coming out for the 360. Will it will be atlest a year untill it comes out but it will be coming out. Fansboy need toget it through there thick skulls that a company doesn't give two shits about you, its all about the bottom line.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry sir, but pure undisputed logic isn't going to stop the "water down" arguments.

My own MGS4 story:
First of this month I got thinking that maybe I need a bluray player and spotted the deal at BB to get a $100 GC. I bit. But the PS3 has been sitting in the box, unopened since then, for 3 weeks now. I keep debating about keeping it.

I read all the MGS4 reviews that gave it a 10 and I still am having a hard time giving a shit about it. The last MGS I played was 2. And it was cool, but I think my gaming tastes have evolved past the Japanese nonsensical super long story/cutscenes.

Anyway, fwiw, I am far far more excited for Gears 2, and I don't know how any PS3 only owner could stand not having it. If I do keep this PS3 I may not ever get MGS4, and if I do it will be used or on sale. Even with a PS3, there is still no exclusive game that gives me a hard on, except MAYBE God of War 3.

[quote name='Danil ACE']Hmmm...an outdated console that looks better in many games, especially multiplatform, and has better framerate? Interesting...

If you say that you can tell the difference between lossless and compressed audio, you're a liar.[/QUOTE]
Good point.

all 2 people who have a 7.1 system will be crushed. OH THE INJUSTICE

[quote name='ninja dog']all 2 people who have a 7.1 system will be crushed. OH THE INJUSTICE[/quote]

If we keep going backwards, we'll end up like the gutter trash games on the Wii. Move forward. Lossless 7.1 is absolutely amazing, and if you cannot tell the difference between lossless and lossy, then you have a hearing problem. It is night and day difference.

Obviously, most of you are using you parents 19" CRT monitor or SDTV (hand me down from when your parents got a hdtv) with built in sound speakers, so i do not expect you to actually appreciate what a top end experience of lossless audio is like.

Boy, I really hope that CheapyD is right in his utmost confidence, because if it does get ported to the 360, all people on both sides of this 'battle' will cease to have Purpose and will thusly fill with white light and spontaneously combust very shortly after the official announcement hits the Internet.

Well, that's my dream, anyway. Someday...maybe....

It's definiately possible to port mgs4 over to 360, but they'll just have to do a lot of compression.

[quote name='seanr1221']I'm getting REALLY sick of the little kids dropping F bombs excuse.[/quote]

fuck you!

Also, 7.1 isn't the best thing to happen to video games and you are extra dumb for thinking that.

[quote name='blitz6speed']If we keep going backwards, we'll end up like the gutter trash games on the Wii. Move forward. Lossless 7.1 is absolutely amazing, and if you cannot tell the difference between lossless and lossy, then you have a hearing problem. It is night and day difference.

Obviously, most of you are using you parents 19" CRT monitor or SDTV (hand me down from when your parents got a hdtv) with built in sound speakers, so i do not expect you to actually appreciate what a top end experience of lossless audio is like.[/quote]

Sounds like you got your mommy and daddy to buy you a nice big plasma hdtv :roll:

I've got a 50" HDTV and a 5.1 system, and I still don't give a shit about 7.1. I'm not an audiophile. Not much stuff uses. And I really don't want to cram 2 more speakers in my living room (not really good place for rear speakers).

Anyway, ignore user list +1. Anyone know what the cap is on that list, it's filling up fast with the rate CAG is becoming as useless as Gamefaqs.

[quote name='dmaul1114']I've got a 50" HDTV and a 5.1 system, and I still don't give a shit about 7.1. I'm not an audiophile. Not much stuff uses. And I really don't want to cram 2 more speakers in my living room (not really good place for rear speakers).

Anyway, ignore user list +1. Anyone know what the cap is on that list, it's filling up fast with the rate CAG is becoming as useless as Gamefaqs.[/quote]

I have a similar set up(50" of awesome DLPness and 5.1 awesome) and can't put speakers 6 and 7 in my room. Am I on your list?

[quote name='TimPV3']This thread sucks[/quote]

I agree. I just made it as a shot in the dark another "what if" convo to be had on the interwebz didn't expect it to get this outta hand, but guess when you poke at a AAA title on another console coming to another it's going to burn the rumps of a few lost souls.

[quote name='blitz6speed']If we keep going backwards, we'll end up like the gutter trash games on the Wii. Move forward. Lossless 7.1 is absolutely amazing, and if you cannot tell the difference between lossless and lossy, then you have a hearing problem. It is night and day difference. [/QUOTE]
Yeah. I really don't see how anyone could say there is no difference. It's pretty obvious.

But then again I spend over $500 on my headphones, and still want better ones. So I know I'm not the norm.

[quote name='SmokyPreacher']I agree. I just made it as a shot in the dark another "what if" convo to be had on the interwebz didn't expect it to get this outta hand, but guess when you poke at a AAA title on another console coming to another it's going to burn the rumps of a few lost souls.[/quote]

This kicks up a lot of sand in fanboy vagina though. Like sandstorm proportions.

[quote name='seanr1221']I'm getting REALLY sick of the little kids dropping F bombs excuse.[/quote]

While profane, abusive language does happen more often than it should on Xbox Live, it doesn't happen at a rate that keeps me from often playing. If the PS3 had a better, more developed online system, it would happen on the PS3 as well. Nintendo knew this, and, to keep the Wii kid-friendly, is why probably why they implemented the Friend Code system and dislike the idea of voice chat.

[quote name='Stuttering Billy']Komami is a publicly traded thrid party company. MGS 4 WILL be coming out for the 360. Will it will be atlest a year untill it comes out but it will be coming out. Fansboy need toget it through there thick skulls that a company doesn't give two shits about you, its all about the bottom line.[/quote]

It is indeed plausible.

Reading between the lines from a bunch of offhand comments in 1up Yours and elsewhere, I expect this will come to 360 eventually. Probably in the form of a subsistence style update that'll be released for both platforms... say... I dunno, in 12 months?

[quote name='Kendal']This kicks up a lot of sand in fanboy vagina though. Like sandstorm proportions.[/quote]
That's why there was a conspiracy thread for that.

This really isn't on-topic, but it feels like a fine place to post it anyway.

The new Sony commercial really underlines why people get so hardcore about 'oh noes, MGS4 is the PS3's gamezor!' idea. It's the commercial with the three exclusive PS3 titles:

Gran Turismo 5: Prologue
Metal Gear Solid 4
LittleBigPlanet

... in essence, the three big things the commercial is touting are ONE finished game that just came out, what is in essence a glorified demo, and a game that isn't out for another 4 months. After seeing it a few times, it really hit me WHY MGS4 is such a big deal for the PS3... because even the commercials don't seem to be able to come up with compelling exclusives for a 30-second spot at the moment.

It just made me sort of sad, in that 'laughing because they're really stretching and I really am pulling for them to succeed' kind of way.

Randomly.

[quote name='naes']Why would it come to the 360? Sony's not stupid. It's their game. They won't lose it.[/quote]

Although I would normally agree, GTA makes a solid rebuttal. Its the reason I bought a PS2 and those games eventually got ported to the xbox. This round, Sony lost my purchase because Microsoft secured the exclusive DL content for GTA 4. Had Sony secured this, I think they would have moved many more PS3's.

For the company, it is about the bottom line, and Konami would vastly increase their target market (=revenue) if ported to the 360. I think the only way it wont happen is if Sony throws a lump sum at Konami like Microsoft did to Rockstar to lock-in the exclusivity.

This is the worst thread ever on CAG. You people are seriously acting like you're on fucking gamefaqs or something.

Besides, none of your arguments change the simple fact that MGS4 might come to the 360, and it might not. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING changes that.

I think people are forgetting that MGS4 isn't that great of a game, who cares anyways I have Ninja Gaiden 2 and I'm much happy for it =)

[quote name='danked']I think people are forgetting that MGS4 isn't that great of a game, who cares anyways I have Ninja Gaiden 2 and I'm much happy for it =)[/quote]

I was waiting for this comment or the "a universal console would solve the problem" comment to pop up, both pointless comments.

[quote name='thrustbucket'] Even with a PS3, there is still no exclusive game that gives me a hard on, except MAYBE God of War 3.[/quote]

Socom, Killzone (Maybe it wont stink!), MGS4, Resistance 2? Those are 4 strong games.

If you never played Socom online, you're really missing out.

[quote name='help1']Socom, Killzone (Maybe it wont stink!), MGS4, Resistance 2? Those are 4 strong games.

If you never played Socom online, you're really missing out.[/QUOTE]

I have not played it, maybe I'll check it out.

[quote name='help1']Socom, Killzone (Maybe it wont stink!), MGS4, Resistance 2? Those are 4 strong games.

If you never played Socom online, you're really missing out.[/QUOTE]

Socom is a bit to slow and strategic for me--more the latter. I like action oriented shooters that don't require much teamwork etc. I don't play online regularly enough to get into games like Socom.

The PS3 has a lot of very good games that I'd definitely check out if I ever pick one up. But like thrustbucket, there's just not that group of 5 or so absolute personal "must have!" types of games that I need to justify buying any console. And that's even more true now with consoles still well above the $199 sweet spot (or starting spot) of past generations.

[quote name='Danil ACE']If the developers weren't retarded and actually compressed the audio instead of using uncompressed audio, then I wouldn't be surprised if the game could fit on one, maybe two dual-layer DVDs.[/QUOTE]

Well a lot of the space is cut scenes (yes many of them are prerendered but use the game engine to appear like they are real time) Heck hire a damn editor and you can save a few hours of them (why does a game that takes 12 hours to play need 9 hours of cut scenes)

[quote name='danked']I think people are forgetting that MGS4 isn't that great of a game, who cares anyways I have Ninja Gaiden 2 and I'm much happy for it =)[/quote]

ROFFLE.

[quote name='BULL_Ship'](yes many of them are prerendered but use the game engine to appear like they are real time) [/quote]

Yeah, no.

[quote name='thrustbucket']If that's who's on your friends list, I guess.

Being unable to talk to or hear most people you are playing with is not a feature.[/quote]
You just contradicted yourself. Saying, "If that's who's on your friends list..." Then saying, "unable to talk to or hear most people you are playing with". That implies random people, and most random people on xbox live are either under 12 or a racist bigot.

On the PS3 the ones that do use a mic are the ones that are serious about the game, your clan or your friends. I don't think hearing random dudes talk about HotPockets on Xbox Live for over 30 minutes is a feature...

Yeah, just play with real life friends, people from CAG, add some cool people you run into and you can avoid most of the morons. And have a great time talking while playing--be it goofing around or talking strategy.

I know you guys have a tough time understanding this. But, that's actually possible on the PS3 to... MGO and Warhawk nights are awesome.

bread's done
Back