Muramasa: The Demon Blade (Wii) Preorder Bonus @ Gamestop -- Art Wall Scroll

Ecofreak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
From Siliconera.com

It’s official! The North American version of Muramasa: The Demon Blade will come with the wall scroll Japanese gamers got for everyone who pre-orders the game. Gamestop is now accepting pre-orders, so you might want to hurry if you’re scared of the thing selling out.

No news from Rising Star yet as to whether or not they plan to offer the scroll in Europe, but keep your fingers crossed!

Thanks for the tip Denpa no Sekai.

230532_bonusLG.jpg

That is an extremely large and nice piece of artwork, especially when you compare it to the size of the Wii case.

[quote name='maximumzero']Did you guys see the cover for the newest play magazine?

I'm tempted to buy a copy just to frame.[/QUOTE]

wow, they should have put that on the wallscroll

Apparently Amazon is supposed to get some sort of pre-order bonus for this game, according to the last Livestream done by Ignition. Wonder if it's going to just be the wall scroll.

Apparently their next broadcast is Sept 2nd at 5 PST / 8 EST. I think this is the right website for it. If Amazon doesn't update their page by then, I may have to listen in.

I just ordered this game using the $10 code GS gave me for not having the Metroid poster for my preorder. So I got this game for $42 shipped and cant wait to see the wall scroll.

[quote name='Z e r o']I'm going to be pissed if GameStop doesn't have my wall scroll.[/QUOTE]

If Gamestop doesn't have my scroll then they'll be getting a canceled preorder ;)

[quote name='Josef']If Gamestop doesn't have my scroll then they'll be getting a canceled preorder ;)[/QUOTE]

Forget the scroll, if they do what they did to me with my Wolfenstein pre-order, there will be hell to pay.

What did they do...they gutted it. They gutted my pre-order. Luckily they like me, they discounted the game, gave me a free Fallout 3: Point Lookout guide, and threw me a few other freebies from other pre-order games...so we'll see what happens today.

[quote name='Nirron']Apparently Amazon is supposed to get some sort of pre-order bonus for this game, according to the last Livestream done by Ignition. Wonder if it's going to just be the wall scroll.

Apparently their next broadcast is Sept 2nd at 5 PST / 8 EST. I think this is the right website for it. If Amazon doesn't update their page by then, I may have to listen in.[/QUOTE]

If Amazon gets the Wall Scroll, that would be fantastic. I'm sick of GS shipping everything in a fucking bubble mailer. First I got the messed up BlazBlue artbook and than I got the messed up Dissidia slipcovers.

[quote name='addicted2games']I just ordered this game using the $10 code GS gave me for not having the Metroid poster for my preorder. So I got this game for $42 shipped and cant wait to see the wall scroll.[/QUOTE]
i tried to do exactly this but it wouldn't let me use the code :bomb:

[quote name='addicted2games']I just ordered this game using the $10 code GS gave me for not having the Metroid poster for my preorder. So I got this game for $42 shipped and cant wait to see the wall scroll.[/QUOTE]

It's ironic you're hoping for the pre-order bonus when you used a code to save money for not getting a bonus from before. I think you can get some sick deals at GS for used games, assuming of course they're actually running a good coupon, but even I feel they have too many problems with new games. Sucks that they get most of the good pre-order bonuses.

I got my "wall scroll" today. I thought the game came out today for some reason. It's a pretty nice poster. Now I can just cancel the preorder and buy it at work with my discount.

If you want the poster and are worried about crappy gaemstops go check them out today.

[quote name='Vinny']If Amazon gets the Wall Scroll, that would be fantastic. I'm sick of GS shipping everything in a fucking bubble mailer. First I got the messed up BlazBlue artbook and than I got the messed up Dissidia slipcovers.[/QUOTE]

This is not making me confident that my wall scroll is going to arrive undamaged. If there's any hope, it's in the fact that the scroll looks to be pretty huge so they might not be able to use a standard bubble mailer. Then again, all this might mean is that they'll fold the scroll to make it fit :bomb:

I hate ordering from Gamestop's site, but with my busy college schedule it's often the only way I can secure pre-order bonuses.

I did this as well. Here's hoping my scroll shows up in decent shape.

I just got my Metroid shirt yesterday and it was in perfect condition, but it's a shirt, not a poster that can be creased or crinkled.

[quote name='Frosty The Batman']I got my "wall scroll" today. I thought the game came out today for some reason. It's a pretty nice poster. Now I can just cancel the preorder and buy it at work with my discount.

If you want the poster and are worried about crappy gaemstops go check them out today.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I believe the old shipping date was today, but it was probably pushed back a couple days. I preordered it as well, but I haven't got the wall scroll yet...

If anyone is wondering, the poster is made up of 8 different panels, measures approx 14.5 X 67 inches, and is printed on thick glossy paper. Its also reversible: on side has portraits of the characters and the other has game art (enemies, characters, backgrounds). I like the game art side personally.

[quote name='Nirron']Apparently Amazon is supposed to get some sort of pre-order bonus for this game, according to the last Livestream done by Ignition. Wonder if it's going to just be the wall scroll.

Apparently their next broadcast is Sept 2nd at 5 PST / 8 EST. I think this is the right website for it. If Amazon doesn't update their page by then, I may have to listen in.[/QUOTE]

Amazon's page hasn't changed yet. I guess the stream will have to answer the question though Amazon's page shows a ship date of September 8th versus Gamestop's September 3rd.

Shane Bettenhausen (Ignition) commented on the Amazon preorder bonus on NeoGAF, but this is all he could say

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=17402890&postcount=1353

"I'm afraid that it's up to Amazon to announce their promotion, and i don't think that will happen until the day it happens, which is right before the official street date of 9/8."

and

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=17403197&postcount=1358

"The Amazon bonus is a non-interactive physical object, smaller than the GStop wall scroll, produced in much more limited quantities, though."

[quote name='Volcynika']Shane Bettenhausen (Ignition) commented on the Amazon preorder bonus on NeoGAF, but this is all he could say

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=17402890&postcount=1353

"I'm afraid that it's up to Amazon to announce their promotion, and i don't think that will happen until the day it happens, which is right before the official street date of 9/8."

and

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=17403197&postcount=1358

"The Amazon bonus is a non-interactive physical object, smaller than the GStop wall scroll, produced in much more limited quantities, though."[/QUOTE]

I'm going to go with an artbook or figure. It would make sense for Amazon to hold till the last second as demand will be high for either one. I guess this way they can prevent being swarmed and not being able to meet demand.

i think its those collectors cards, which imo arent that cool. sticking with my gs order.

if its an ost, i would definitely go with that, but the chances of that are limited. the publisher is ignition, they arent very big, where they can offer incentives like Atlus does.

If the Amazon bonus is good enough, would it be feasible to just order a copy from Gamestop AND Amazon and then just try and sell the extra copy of the game on ebay at a $5-10 loss? I realize it's kind of a dumb strategy but I need some kind of plan in case the bonus is something awesome.

Alternately, has anyone ever tried to return a game to a physical Gamestop that they ordered online? Would it technically be possible to return the game to Amazon sans bonus and still get a full refund (less S&H of course)?

^^^ The things people go out of their way to complain about. -_-

So what if I want them both? It's better than risking getting gouged on ebay.

[quote name='vherub']the nyc launch party has limited edition t-shirts and collectable postcards, could be either of those[/QUOTE]

NYC where?

[quote name='fwbweux']^^^ The things people go out of their way to complain about. -_-

So what if I want them both? It's better than risking getting gouged on ebay.[/QUOTE]

You are implying to fraud out Amazon just to get a preorder bonus. Thats pretty sad man.

Amazon.com-Exclusive Pre-order Bonus
Pre-order "Muramasa: The Demon Blade" and you'll get access to a digital game poster. Redemption will be via a unique link that will be emailed within 10 business days of the release date. Must be sold and shipped by Amazon.com to be eligible

How embarassing! Gamestop gets my money for once! Shakes fist*

[quote name='gomikeoh']You are implying to fraud out Amazon just to get a preorder bonus. Thats pretty sad man.[/QUOTE]

Is it not possible to just ask something out of pure curiosity? Nowhere did I actually say I would do something like that. If I thought it was ethically clear I wouldn't even ask, I'd just try it. I mean, I've seen plenty of other people ask on this very forum things to the effect of "does [Store X, usually Gamestop] ask for your bonus when you return a game?" and nobody rushes to accuse them of fraudulent intent. C'mon, give it a rest, please.

Looks like I won't have to worry about this after all. Digital poster? No thanks.

[quote name='gomikeoh']Amazon.com-Exclusive Pre-order Bonus
Pre-order "Muramasa: The Demon Blade" and you'll get access to a digital game poster. Redemption will be via a unique link that will be emailed within 10 business days of the release date. Must be sold and shipped by Amazon.com to be eligible

How embarassing! Gamestop gets my money for once! Shakes fist*[/QUOTE]

Man, that sucks. Why not a art book!?

A game I actually want is coming out for the Wii?! The seventh seal has been broken.

What the fuck is a digital game poster? A wallpaper? I hate it when advertising departments abuse the English language.

Well with Amazon's preorder bonus being awful, I guess that since I really want that folding poster (it is not a wallscroll) I have to order from Gamestop's website and hope they don't mess up my order.

[quote name='trunks982']NYC where?[/QUOTE]

nintendo store by rockefeller

maybe the digital art is the tentacle picture

[quote name='Stele']Too bad the game itself is medicore.[/QUOTE]

you've played it? what's mediocre about it? I'm mostly worried about jump being up on the dpad dammit

Amazon's now dropped the "digital" part of their poster pre-order bonus:

"Amazon.com-Exclusive Pre-order Bonus
Pre-order "Muramasa: The Demon Blade" and receive the Limited Edition Muramasa poster. Redemption instructions will be emailed within 10 business days of the release date of the game. Must be sold and shipped by Amazon.com to be eligible."

I wonder how this will stack up against the GameStop wall scroll... Why must these shiny things attract me so?

Order from Gamestop just went from "Pre-Order: Releases on Sept 3rd" to "Backordered".

The Wall Scroll also remains in "Backordered" status.

[quote name='maximumzero']Order from Gamestop just went from "Pre-Order: Releases on Sept 3rd" to "Backordered".

The Wall Scroll also remains in "Backordered" status.[/QUOTE]

Same,wtf is up with that???..When I search for the game it says it's in stock but my crap is backordered as well :bomb::bomb:

I wouldn't worry. My card was charged earlier, so I'm guessing they'll be shipping these out soon. The backordered status is probably showing up due to the way their inventory system works (i.e. it might be in the warehouse but it isn't in the system).

My order + bonus is listed as "backordered" too. I went into my profile to check my other orders, and it's the same for my Scribblenauts hat--maybe this is just standard practice for bonus-type stuff at the Gamestop site? Like iPhone indicates, it's probably not time to worry yet.

Though there is that "available for online and in-store customers while supplies last" disclaimer on their pre-order items =/

bread's done
Back