Muramasa: The Demon Blade (Wii) Preorder Bonus @ Gamestop -- Art Wall Scroll

Ecofreak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
From Siliconera.com

It’s official! The North American version of Muramasa: The Demon Blade will come with the wall scroll Japanese gamers got for everyone who pre-orders the game. Gamestop is now accepting pre-orders, so you might want to hurry if you’re scared of the thing selling out.

No news from Rising Star yet as to whether or not they plan to offer the scroll in Europe, but keep your fingers crossed!

Thanks for the tip Denpa no Sekai.

230532_bonusLG.jpg

That is an extremely large and nice piece of artwork, especially when you compare it to the size of the Wii case.

Er...I don't know about everybody else, but my order actually says "Shipped." now, both the game and the wall scroll. Complete with tracking information and everything for both.

[quote name='Omnislash124']Er...I don't know about everybody else, but my order actually says "Shipped." now, both the game and the wall scroll. Complete with tracking information and everything for both.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I just checked my order and It says both shipped,alrightttt :applause:.

I did in store pickup and I got totally screwed. After today, I don't suggest you ever use In Store Pickup if you want the pre-order exclusive item from GameStop or EBGames. You won't get the item and they will just leave you hanging.

Place your order online only and don't put faith in the In Store Pickup.

I missed out on it, even though my pre-order was in well before the release.

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up mine up earlier around 3. They guy at the counter was totally clueless about the pre-order bonus.

When I asked him about it, after he pulled out my pre-order, he said "It's probably in the game." I sat there for a second, probably with a stupid look on my face, I told him it was a 5 1/2 fucking foot wall scroll, please look.

He looked under the counter and pulled it out, then he opened the package; I told him not to, but he thought there was more than 1 in there. After re-iterating "5 1/2 fucking feet," the other guy GS guy just grabbed the whole package and handed it to me.

If you do a pick-up make sure to ask about the pre-order, and make sure to tell em to look.

The scroll is amazing btw.

I was able to pick up my game and pre-order wall scroll today.

The art on the "wall-scroll" is quite beautiful, but technically, the item is not a wall-scroll, but a really long poster printed on nice thick paper.

Masenura - yup...I agree that sometimes you have to ask about the pre-order bonus especially for a niche title.

[quote name='pewpewpew']Can you still get the scroll if you order online? Anyone have any luck getting one instore without pre-ordering?[/QUOTE]

I tried buying it today, specifically asking if I could still get the wall scroll without pre-ordering, and they were like "THAT'S WHY YOU SHOULD PREORDER"

soooo...i guess I'll save my $7 and buy it off Amazon

Pre-ordered in-store at GS, everything worked out great with the folding poster and all, but then, the guys at my GS have always been pretty awesome.

I see that some of you seem to be wondering if this is worthwhile. For anyone who enjoys action games, is a fan of Odin Sphere (which this is decidedly superior to), or misses the classic side-scrolling beat-'em-up style play of the 16 bit days, this is your game. It's gorgeous, and has more precise and satisfying combat than I've found in years. Seriously, go buy it.

I stopped by the NintendoWorld store Muramasa event earlier today. They had the same poster as the GS preorder bonus for people who bought the game, and they had a 10% off coupon for today only.
As for the swag, it was one of those drawstring backpacks with a black t-shirt with the logo in the middle and a temp tattoo.

[quote name='namepl']I stopped by the NintendoWorld store Muramasa event earlier today. They had the same poster as the GS preorder bonus for people who bought the game, and they had a 10% off coupon for today only.
As for the swag, it was one of those drawstring backpacks with a black t-shirt with the logo in the middle and a temp tattoo.[/QUOTE]
Except for the wallscroll, the rest of the Muramasa swag is definitely lacking. The Ignition team made the swag sound really cool but it's just the logo plastered plastered on.

I was able to get a wall scroll by just preordering a game (raiden 4) since the guy said he would hook me up with one since I wasnt interested on getting the game. The wall scroll is nice.

I would have loved to pick this game up; but $50 for a side scroller is a bit to steep for me. Marvelous should have priced it for $40 and it would have sold boatloads!!!

[quote name='oni-link']I would have loved to pick this game up; but $50 for a side scroller is a bit to steep for me. Marvelous should have priced it for $40 and it would have sold boatloads!!![/QUOTE]

Lol what were you saying 15-20 years ago? If you were playing games back then...

If a developer doesn't make a game have atleast a 10 hour campaign, co-op, online multiplayer with amazing 3d graphics, physics and everything else atleast a 90% or better, it's "not worth the money". This game is good and for just a "side scroller" features some of the most amazing 2d graphics I've ever seen with quick and fun swordplay.

got mine today, anybody else receive a damaged wallscroll? mine is torn a little and cant for the life of me figure out how it happened, probably before the packaged it :(

I got mine today. The getting of it was quite hard though as gamestop fuck ing messed my order and removed the apartment number from my address when they shipped it (the apartment number is on the order confirmation btw). I checked online tracking after it seemed to be late and saw a delivery failed status, I then called UPS, got the address problem fixed and as it would turn out the UPS guy was still in the area and delivered it less than 10 minutes later. UPS is awesome at fixing gamestop's shipping problems.
When I got It I kinda dreaded opening it as it was in a large bubble mailer and was pretty scuffed, but it turned out to be in great condition. I think that the game is great so far and am really enjoying it.

Just got mine today. Wall scroll looks amazing, though I'm more tempted to call it a really long poster than a wall scroll. I played the game afterwards, and while being very simple, was still fun enough to keep me interested. The only gripe I have out of all of this is that it looks like somebody stepped on the case before I got it, because the bottom of my Wii case is cracked and a whole piece is missing. There wasn't a piece anywhere in the case, nor was there a piece in the sealed plastic, so it looks like a manufacturing defect with the case and was either pushed out before it was sold, or somebody resealed a broken one. The disc and manual are both flawless, so I might be nicking a Wii case from Gamestop to replace this one.

Mine came in today and the seal of the packaging wasn't even sealed correctly. It was sealed onto the wall scroll wrapping. So this lead me to receiving an OPENED package. This would have been OK if it wasn't for the fact that the game IS NOT IN THE ENVELOPE ANYMORE. Usually I would blame UPS for sometimes being rough, but this was a clear bad packaging job on Gamestop's part.

Wall Scrolls aside (nice tits and ass on those fox chicks) the games is the most fun I've had with a 2D game since Viewtiful Joe. It's almost like it, but prettier and darker. Ok, back to killing ninjas and yagyus!

[quote name='fatdragondzc']Mine came in today and the seal of the packaging wasn't even sealed correctly. It was sealed onto the wall scroll wrapping. So this lead me to receiving an OPENED package. This would have been OK if it wasn't for the fact that the game IS NOT IN THE ENVELOPE ANYMORE. Usually I would blame UPS for sometimes being rough, but this was a clear bad packaging job on Gamestop's part.[/QUOTE]

Did you call gamestop and complain? Have they given you a rough time? The more people complain, perhaps they will see the error in their ways. Wait, who am I kidding. :/

[quote name='gomikeoh']Did you call gamestop and complain? Have they given you a rough time? The more people complain, perhaps they will see the error in their ways. Wait, who am I kidding. :/[/QUOTE]
I called Gamestop and told them. The rep sent a Trace or whatever. This is the second time something has gone with my order =(

Got mine today. Didn't preorder it or reserve it or anything. I just walked into Gamestop, bought one, and asked if there were any preorder bonuses or anything. They handed me the wallscroll and game and I walked out happy. Everything in perfect condition.

Miraculously my wall scroll arrived intact. I am, however, really glad that it came in its own plastic wrap, because the package that my scroll was shipped in was slightly too small and, because of this, the adhesive flap at the top of the mailer was partially attached to the part of the scroll that couldn't fit in the mailer. The adhesive on the mailer was very strong and it took five minutes and the use of a pocket knife to separate the adhesive flap from the scroll. If the scroll hadn't been in a protective plastic wrap of its own, one edge would have been completely ruined by sticky stuff and, on top of it, I would have probably had to tear it just to get it out.

Ugh... Any other people have problems with bad packaging? I just ordered the game yesterday online just to get the scroll and it kills me to think that it might get damaged... I originally was going to buy in store but they wouldn't give me one when I got there even though I was assured one on the phone by an incompetent employee... :bomb:

[quote name='pewpewpew']Ugh... Any other people have problems with bad packaging? I just ordered the game yesterday online just to get the scroll and it kills me to think that it might get damaged... I originally was going to buy in store but they wouldn't give me one when I got there even though I was assured one on the phone by an incompetent employee... :bomb:[/QUOTE]

I'm suprised they gave you a hard time about it and well, wouldn't shop there again. Try a different GameStop, besides they almost never have good deals there. Aren't they all over the place though?

Did anyone who ordered it from Amazon receive their copy yet? It seems like the poster offer has been gone even before the game was released.

I preordered it in store. So I go to pick it up on Labor Day (2 days after it came out) and just as I thought would happen, they gave away the only two scrolls that they got. Luckily, the manager is by far the best GS manager I have ever come across. He promptly apologized and located a scroll at another nearby store which I was able to pick up. I must say, the scroll is probably one of the best preorder bonuses I have received in a long time. Really high quality art on both sides...

Received mine yesterday and a small piece of the top corner of the wall scroll got ripped. I didn't care much but I'm going to return it to a local GS, since the game showed up on my amazon gold box yesterday and bought the game there for $39.xx with ECG discount. ~13 buck cheaper than from GS.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='leesiulung']I'm suprised they gave you a hard time about it and well, wouldn't shop there again. Try a different GameStop, besides they almost never have good deals there. Aren't they all over the place though?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I've had a lot of trouble with their retail stores in the past. Most of the time it's due to incompetent employees who always seem confused even if they'd been working there for a long time... I especially hate it when you call in advance to ask if they have new sealed games only to find out their gutted copy is the only one left after actually going to the store.

I heard good things about ordering from Gamestop online so I decided to give them a try this one time and now I can only hope my poster comes in one piece. Seems a bit cheap on their behalf. Every other pre-order item I've ever ordered online was always packed securely.

[quote name='pewpewpew']Ugh... Any other people have problems with bad packaging? I just ordered the game yesterday online just to get the scroll and it kills me to think that it might get damaged... I originally was going to buy in store but they wouldn't give me one when I got there even though I was assured one on the phone by an incompetent employee... :bomb:[/QUOTE]

The scroll itself is placed inside a plastic sleeve and has a cardboard backing. It's thin but the cardboard was enough to prevent any damage on my package.

And while the employee may have been incompetent, they're completely right in denying you the art scroll if you didn't pre-order. I wish my GS was like, I got screwed out of so many pre-order bonuses because my GS just hands out pre-order items to anyone. But chances are, you can walk into another GS and get it anyway since most GSes don't care.

[quote name='Vinny']The scroll itself is placed inside a plastic sleeve and has a cardboard backing. It's thin but the cardboard was enough to prevent any damage on my package.

And while the employee may have been incompetent, they're completely right in denying you the art scroll if you didn't pre-order. I wish my GS was like, I got screwed out of so many pre-order bonuses because my GS just hands out pre-order items to anyone. But chances are, you can walk into another GS and get it anyway since most GSes don't care.[/QUOTE]
Actually the "pre-order" bonus just became a regular bonus item after the game was released so if they have any extra copies, you should get one. I called ahead of time and was assured one and came the same day... Thus the resentment... But hey, thanks for the reassurance on the packaging. I can sleep a little more soundly now. :lol:

I finally got my GS pre-order copy. The scroll as a whole is intact, but there's a noticeable tear in the upper left hand corner of the "cover" part of the scroll. It's one of those tears you'd see if you put tape on it and quickly pulled it off, kind of skinning the top layer of paper and leaving the white part of the paper behind. Now there's a white part that stands out on the mostly-black sheet. Not sure how that happened, as it was in its plastic bag when it arrived. Some manhandling when they were packing them I guess?

[quote name='namepl']I finally got my GS pre-order copy. The scroll as a whole is intact, but there's a noticeable tear in the upper left hand corner of the "cover" part of the scroll. It's one of those tears you'd see if you put tape on it and quickly pulled it off, kind of skinning the top layer of paper and leaving the white part of the paper behind. Now there's a white part that stands out on the mostly-black sheet. Not sure how that happened, as it was in its plastic bag when it arrived. Some manhandling when they were packing them I guess?[/QUOTE]

I had the same issue (someone else did to above). Had to have happened at the factory since, bag is sealed and undamaged. luckily i folded the black tear back over and looks like a sharpie might do a bit of a job hiding it :)

[quote name='fatdragondzc']Mine came in today and the seal of the packaging wasn't even sealed correctly. It was sealed onto the wall scroll wrapping. So this lead me to receiving an OPENED package. This would have been OK if it wasn't for the fact that the game IS NOT IN THE ENVELOPE ANYMORE. Usually I would blame UPS for sometimes being rough, but this was a clear bad packaging job on Gamestop's part.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me. I received the wall scroll in a partially opened bubble envelope with no game. :(

Anyone who preordered from amazon get an email today with a code for a "poster?" I went to the website in the email but didn't see anywhere to input a code.

I walked into my GS asking about the wall scroll and he just handed it to me, then I told him I wanted the game too.. LOL He was like, "that's even better"

[quote name='saiyajinsc']I walked into my GS asking about the wall scroll and he just handed it to me, then I told him I wanted the game too.. LOL He was like, "that's even better"[/QUOTE]

Lucky :(

[quote name='jamezuva']Anyone who preordered from amazon get an email today with a code for a "poster?" I went to the website in the email but didn't see anywhere to input a code.[/QUOTE]
I did as well, but I can't get to the site while at work. Gonna try using the code when I get home in about an hour.

[quote name='jamezuva']Anyone who preordered from amazon get an email today with a code for a "poster?" I went to the website in the email but didn't see anywhere to input a code.[/QUOTE]

I tried. There should be a box at the very top marked "Promo Code" where you enter it.

I'm having trouble getting it to go through though. You have to type in your name and address in addition to the promo code, and I do that all correctly, but get told right after I submit that there was an error when trying to redeem the code.

And if this is some digital poster like Amazon seemed to imply, then I really don't know why they would need to say "Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery." Perhaps it is indeed an actual poster?

@fujishig - Good (well not really GOOD per se) to hear I'm not the only one experiencing the problem. Guess if it happens to a lot of others it'll hopefully get remedied sooner.

[quote name='fujishig']I got an error when putting in the amazon code and my address. Tried it twice too. Anyone successfull?[/QUOTE]
I put it in, and didn't get any errors, but I didn't get any confirmations or anything either.

[quote name='fujishig']I got an error when putting in the amazon code and my address. Tried it twice too. Anyone successfull?[/QUOTE]
I just tried it twice and got the "redemption process error. now returning to homepage" both times. Guess I'll try again later on tonight or tomorrow.

bread's done
Back