MusicNoteLess/TheRock88 Meet Up Part Deux OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='tiredfornow']Really wish I didn't have to go to some macho, moronic bachelor party tonight. I hate my family. :\[/QUOTE]

There's a word for this...I heard it on TV once...something in Spanish that describes a bunch of brown people acting tough.

I just bought my textbooks for summer semester. For all 4 classes, had I bought the books new it would have been just over $700. I got them all off of half.com for just over $250. Still quite a hit to my checking account, but much better than it could have been.

[quote name='Eviltude']I just bought my textbooks for summer semester. For all 4 classes, had I bought the books new it would have been just over $700. I got them all off of half.com for just over $250. Still quite a hit to my checking account, but much better than it could have been.[/QUOTE]

You're taking 4 classes in the summer!? :hot:

F_ck yeah. Half.com has saved me hundreds of dollars.

[quote name='thekeybladewars']You're taking 4 classes in the summer!? :hot:

F_ck yeah. Half.com has saved me hundreds of dollars.[/QUOTE]

2 separate terms, but yeah. The first is just two Bio lectures (Evolution and Ecology I think) and the second is Organic Chem lecture and lab, plus Genetics lecture. 14 hours total. If I don't physically die, I think I will come out on top.

[quote name='thekeybladewars']You're taking 4 classes in the summer!? :hot:

F_ck yeah. Half.com has saved me hundreds of dollars.[/QUOTE]

I am taking 6 classes this summer. :lol:

But I already tested out of one.

Summer terms are easier for me because I always hit a rut towards the end of the semester. With the summer terms being about 5 weeks, it's not long enough for me to get the feeling that it is just dragging on, not to mention I'm too busy working my ass off to think about it.

[quote name='Eviltude']2 separate terms, but yeah. The first is just two Bio lectures (Evolution and Ecology I think) and the second is Organic Chem lecture and lab, plus Genetics lecture. 14 hours total. If I don't physically die, I think I will come out on top.[/QUOTE]

Busy summer! I am currently enrolled in 16 hours and I will never fucking do it ever again; not while I'm working at least. 12/13 hours is good enough for me. It has been the most debilitating semester of my life that has tested me physically and emotionally.

Wow, that Bio evolution class sounds pretty cool. I took a human evolution class for anthropology a couple of semesters ago. T'was pretty neat.

[quote name='thekeybladewars']Busy summer! I am currently enrolled in 16 hours and I will never fucking do it ever again; not while I'm working at least. 12/13 hours is good enough for me. It has been the most debilitating semester of my life that has tested me physically and emotionally.

Wow, that Bio evolution class sounds pretty cool. I took a human evolution class for anthropology a couple of semesters ago. T'was pretty neat.[/QUOTE]

I took 15 this semester. It's the most I've ever taken, but it has actually been fairly easy. I'm a little worried about finals though.

Evolution should be fun. We touched on it this semester and it was cake, so I'm looking forward to delving a little deeper into it. Genetics on the other hand isn't really my thing and I'm slightly worried about it, especially with organic chem stacked on top of it.

The only reason I've been doing so much lately is because I've been in school for 5 years. I have 120-some credits, but I'm still a junior and they won't let me declare bio as my major still. It's been pissing me the fuck off.

I would have liked to have had the trimester system that was used at Oxford and Cambridge. The two semester system is long and is easily ruined by burning out.

Well I got up to find my shoes so I could go buy beer, I come back to my room to turn off the tv and the bucks had cut the lead from like 18 to 8. Now I have to stick around for this.

[quote name='Eviltude']I took 15 this semester. It's the most I've ever taken, but it has actually been fairly easy. I'm a little worried about finals though.

Evolution should be fun. We touched on it this semester and it was cake, so I'm looking forward to delving a little deeper into it. Genetics on the other hand isn't really my thing and I'm slightly worried about it, especially with organic chem stacked on top of it.

The only reason I've been doing so much lately is because I've been in school for 5 years. I have 120-some credits, but I'm still a junior and they won't let me declare bio as my major still. It's been pissing me the fuck off.[/QUOTE]

That's what I tried doing. I squeezed in 16 hrs this semester and planned to take 3 classes in the summer just so I could apply for the nursing program (which is only once a year) and it was too much... I ended up doing mediocre in one of my classes, which ruined my chances at getting into the nursing program by negatively affecting a perfectly decent GPA. I've been in school for 4 years and I'm still a crumby sophomore... All because I thought I had a future in computer science. :[

I don't have the balls to take 2 science courses simultaneously when they both require lecture and labs in the same semester. Good luck!

[quote name='st0neface']Taking 14 credits and working 30 hours a week this summer. :cool:[/QUOTE]

You're on fiyah!

Working *0* hours and taking *0* classes a week this summer, but drinking 5L of hard liquor and an undetermined amount of beer.

:cool:

:cry:

I may be retaking spanish this summer depending on how my final turns out. I never thought i'd have so much trouble with that class.

[quote name='JolietJake']I may be retaking spanish this summer depending on how my final turns out. I never thought i'd have so much trouble with that class.[/QUOTE]

Why waste your time? In 20 years we'll all be speaking German. Or maybe a German/Chinese hybrid.

Saw Kick Ass today. Pretty good movie, lots of good one liners in there.

Just wondering about one scene though
how did Big Daddy die? the version I saw was too blurry so I couldnt tell. Was he burned? Or did he die from being beat up?

[quote name='JolietJake']I may be retaking spanish this summer depending on how my final turns out. I never thought i'd have so much trouble with that class.[/QUOTE]

Don't feel too much like a failure. It's difficult learning a second language after puberty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back