MVC 2 arcade stick $140 on gamestop.com

CaoPi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
144 (100%)
$20 price drop both for PS3 and 360 saw a couple of these at several gamestops B&M

804115b.jpg

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/search.aspx?N=0&Ntk=TitleKeyword&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntt=marvel%20stick

Nearly the price of a game console for a arcade stick?
Nice to know the 360 hard drive isn't the only accessory not dropping down in prices :)

[quote name='WTFer']Nearly the price of a game console for a arcade stick?
Nice to know the 360 hard drive isn't the only accessory not dropping down in prices :)[/QUOTE]
It's for hardcore fans of fighting games. And from what I heard, these sticks are made from some top quality parts.

Besides, $140 is nothing. Logitech makes a $300 racing wheel for the PS3 and PC.

honestly the only difference is the art. If you can get the SFIV stick for cheaper, you should.
I got the HORI Real arcade pro 3 from amazon for 1/2 the price. At $150 that would have been 2 of them.
Some of us think the HRAP 3 > Madcatz sticks

I didn't even know this version existed, I definitely prefer this artwork over the others. Too steep of a price though.

You can make your own for less than this much using a modified hori case, and make it multi-platform also.

I think under $100 is the sweet spot for these Mad Catz Fightsticks.

If Mad Catz doesn't come through with the Femme Fatale one I just bought off their website yesterday, I'm definately going to get this one, thanks OP!

Wish I had known GS had dropped the price yesterday; that's the reason why I ordered the Femme Fatale because they were both $160 but the Femme Fatale was limited to only 600 sticks made.

Yeah, these sticks are really only for the hardcore tournament-going players. These sticks are like the Ferrari of video game peripherals. The quality is there, but it's really only catered to the most die-hard of players.

Me being a die-hard fighting game player, I own one of these sticks, and I can vouch for their quality.

[quote name='MSUHitman']If Mad Catz doesn't come through with the Femme Fatale one I just bought off their website yesterday, I'm definately going to get this one, thanks OP!

Wish I had known GS had dropped the price yesterday; that's the reason why I ordered the Femme Fatale because they were both $160 but the Femme Fatale was limited to only 600 sticks made.[/QUOTE]

The femme fatale looks nice. :) gotta love cammy..

I own a ps3 and 360 te but had to replace the balls with bats and put an octogonal gate in

Don't forget to use code TRYAGAIN if you are purchasing it before midnight tonight. An extra 10% off and free shipping makes the deal a little bit more reasonable.

hmmm - doesn't seem to be selling very well if the price dropped so quickly. serves them right for overpricing it just because it's the marvel vs capcom 2 stick. the 1st edition should've gone down to $99 then the 2nd at $129 and mvc 2 should've been $139 w/mvc2 for ps3 network or xbox live download card at release. they would've sold out by now for sure.

Madcatz were fooling themselves for producing the TE sticks more than the market demand.

Originally, when the first TE sticks came out alongside SF4 last february, the market was willing to pay more for these to the upwards of 400+.

If madcatz keeps producing more than the market willing the bare, than the price of these TE sticks will go down even if Madcatz 'sets' their MSRP.

There R still the best stick on the market anywhere. I personally own two for ps3 and it's the best

[quote name='evildeadjedi']I love the art work but can't justify the price.[/QUOTE]

+1.

Some site should have a shop that customizes the appearance of joysticks.

Would definitely be interested in buying one if it were to happen.

[quote name='JaroldL']+1.

Some site should have a shop that customizes the appearance of joysticks.

Would definitely be interested in buying one if it were to happen.[/QUOTE]

I take it you haven't visited the Shoryuken forums, have you? It'll cost you, but you can pretty much customize these TE sticks however you want them.

I got a TE stick from Amazon when they were $120, and used the 50% off coupon from one of their trade-in promos, so I got it for $60. Worth every penny, and I'm not even a "hardcore" fighter fan. I love SFIV, and the stick makes the game so much easier to play. It really feels like an arcade machine in your lap. Pretty awesome, but I'd suggest waiting for a deal around $100 or so for the SFIV version, which can happen.

I picked one up with the trade a game get 20 off anything in the store. Great stick the box artwork is sweet almost better than the stick. I agree it is for the hardcore and comic lovers. I mean the stick artwork has tons of everyone on it. I was dissapointed in the fact that the MVC doesn't have the certificate on the inside lid like the sf34 stick does. It looks much better in person. Overall a great product. IMO

[quote name='Gersson']honestly the only difference is the art. If you can get the SFIV stick for cheaper, you should.
I got the HORI Real arcade pro 3 from amazon for 1/2 the price. At $150 that would have been 2 of them.
Some of us think the HRAP 3 > Madcatz sticks[/QUOTE]

The HRAP V.3 is hot. If im getting another stick this will be it :hot::hot::hot:

ggl02.jpg

[quote name='gepet0']I picked one up with the trade a game get 20 off anything in the store. Great stick the box artwork is sweet almost better than the stick. I agree it is for the hardcore and comic lovers. I mean the stick artwork has tons of everyone on it. I was dissapointed in the fact that the MVC doesn't have the certificate on the inside lid like the sf34 stick does. It looks much better in person. Overall a great product. IMO[/QUOTE]

im a comic addict and the price really turned me away. I do agree though, it is great artwork. I wonder who did it.

Even at retail price these MadCatz TE edition sticks are a fair value. They use Sanwa parts and they are modular. The wires inside have disconnects vs solder so you can replace the parts with minimal effort. They are great for modding for a custom look and have great aftermarket support. You can convert them to PS3 & X360 compatibility. Also keep in mind that the casing for a custom arcade stick can cost $100 alone. Its one of the situations where DIY is not really cheaper.

wow the start button on the right end is so awsome, push it accidentally in a tournament and your disqualified

[quote name='VidPower']Yeah, these sticks are really only for the hardcore tournament-going players. These sticks are like the Ferrari of video game peripherals. The quality is there, but it's really only catered to the most die-hard of players.

Me being a die-hard fighting game player, I own one of these sticks, and I can vouch for their quality.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I drove an hour when SFIV first came out to buy one at $150 because they were impossible to find, ANYWHERE!!! I don't regret it at all either. Love the stick and will have it forever. If you love fighting games, a real stick with all authenticate Sanwa parts really ups the experience. It is just not possible to replicate the accuracy on a pad as with a real stick.

OK i know this is the wrong thread but it's been driving me nuts (NUTS I SAY!):
I just got MVC2 because of that sale on XBL and i honestly have not played a fighter since tekken tag on the PS2. That being said, how do i do special moves in MVC2? :oops: I feel like an asshat for not being able to figure it out but the directions that the game gives just don't make that much sense to me and when i try to move the stick/pad as show the moves still don't work. I have my special meter at max during the end of the fight so i know I'm doing something wrong. I have tried with multiple characters (i usually play with spiderman for whatever reason) to no avail. I remember to do super moves on MVC1 for the PS2 all you had to do was press R2 i believe... Sorry about the wrong thread but i thought this would be a very knowledgeable place to ask this sort of thing.

PS: I don't even play fighters and i think that stick is beautiful. A higher res shot just makes that art pop.
marvel-vs-capcom-2-mad-catz-controller.jpg

I'm getting one of these at 100. Glad to know there is a price drop coming since even if they aren't selling I don't believe there were many of these made. Hopefully it won't take another 6 months for the drop.

[quote name='abhinav']OK i know this is the wrong thread but it's been driving me nuts (NUTS I SAY!):
I just got MVC2 because of that sale on XBL and i honestly have not played a fighter since tekken tag on the PS2. That being said, how do i do special moves in MVC2? :oops: I feel like an asshat for not being able to figure it out but the directions that the game gives just don't make that much sense to me and when i try to move the stick/pad as show the moves still don't work. I have my special meter at max during the end of the fight so i know I'm doing something wrong. I have tried with multiple characters (i usually play with spiderman for whatever reason) to no avail. I remember to do super moves on MVC1 for the PS2 all you had to do was press R2 i believe... Sorry about the wrong thread but i thought this would be a very knowledgeable place to ask this sort of thing.

PS: I don't even play fighters and i think that stick is beautiful. A higher res shot just makes that art pop.
marvel-vs-capcom-2-mad-catz-controller.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I am not sure about mvc2 but I know in sf4 they had a practice mode that let you see your imputs on screen it helped me out alot

[quote name='abhinav']OK i know this is the wrong thread but it's been driving me nuts (NUTS I SAY!):
I just got MVC2 because of that sale on XBL and i honestly have not played a fighter since tekken tag on the PS2. That being said, how do i do special moves in MVC2? :oops: I feel like an asshat for not being able to figure it out but the directions that the game gives just don't make that much sense to me and when i try to move the stick/pad as show the moves still don't work. I have my special meter at max during the end of the fight so i know I'm doing something wrong. I have tried with multiple characters (i usually play with spiderman for whatever reason) to no avail. I remember to do super moves on MVC1 for the PS2 all you had to do was press R2 i believe... Sorry about the wrong thread but i thought this would be a very knowledgeable place to ask this sort of thing.[/QUOTE]
First of all, always remember that gamefaqs is your friend :) http://www.gamefaqs.com/coinop/arcade/game/562932.html

To answer your question, just do a hadouken, but instead of pressing one punch button, press both punch buttons at the same time. Once you've successfully done that super, then do a hadouken but instead of pressing both punch buttons at the same time, press both kick buttons at the same time. 75% of the super moves in this game are done like this.

If I bought one I would have problems using it's looks so nice! Anyone know if there is going to be a Round 2 SE?

To the person who got a TE for 60 bucks WHAT A STEAL! How often does Amazon have these 50% off coupons for trade-in's?

[quote name='evildeadjedi']To the person who got a TE for 60 bucks WHAT A STEAL! How often does Amazon have these 50% off coupons for trade-in's?[/QUOTE]
Once only ever and I've not seen a new trade promo in months. I'm waiting for this stick to hit below $100, because I already got burned paying $150 on a TE that's everywhere now for like $80.

[quote name='Jodou']Once only ever and I've not seen a new trade promo in months. I'm waiting for this stick to hit below $100, because I already got burned paying $150 on a TE that's everywhere now for like $80.[/QUOTE]

Why didn't you wait for a deal if it wasn't gona be worth the cash? I bought my TE in May at full price obviously and haven't regretted it since. I could understand your frustration if you got it recently though.

[quote name='Jodou']Once only ever and I've not seen a new trade promo in months. I'm waiting for this stick to hit below $100, because I already got burned paying $150 on a TE that's everywhere now for like $80.[/QUOTE]

I figured it was probably a one time thing.

[quote name='BackInBlack']Why didn't you wait for a deal if it wasn't gona be worth the cash? I bought my TE in May at full price obviously and haven't regretted it since. I could understand your frustration if you got it recently though.[/QUOTE]
I picked mine up right before supply began meeting demand, so within a month I was seeing it at $125 and it only went lower form there.

[quote name='Gersson']
Some of us think the HRAP 3 > Madcatz sticks[/QUOTE]

youre all delusional.

sorry but the only thing that can compete with this series of madcatz sticks is a straight up arcade cabinet. the hori is nice, but if you want the best at home stick, its simply not it.

personally i too am waiting on these MVC ones to drop to 100.

[quote name='postulio']youre all delusional.

sorry but the only thing that can compete with this series of madcatz sticks is a straight up arcade cabinet. the hori is nice, but if you want the best at home stick, its simply not it.

personally i too am waiting on these MVC ones to drop to 100.[/QUOTE]

Mad catz has lots of user reports about PCB issues < Hori

Oh you would be right. though I did mean to say HRAP 3 SA

The look of it is annoying, imo. You're better off getting the cheaper ones that work maybe JUST AS WELL because I doubt anyone are hardcore, tournament-esque fighter-genre gamers here, maybe 1%. IDK.

Hardcore fighting gamers will love the Madcatz TE, HRAP SA, HRAP SE, HRAP V.3

Casual fighting gamers should get the Amazon DOTD on the HRAP SE (360 only). Thats a ridiculous price for $80 considering the build quality and the fact that it comes with Seimitsu stick and buttons. If this wasn't available then the Madcatz SE is the next best choice. But your SE will likely cost $100 after modding it with japanese parts

[quote name='CaoPi']these are gamestop exclusive good luck on picking this up at $100[/QUOTE]

Not to start artiificial hype does anyone know the numbers produced? Is this just a limited run?

[quote name='gepet0']Not to start artiificial hype does anyone know the numbers produced? Is this just a limited run?[/QUOTE]

It's GS exclusive. There are probably alot made. I doubt it's as limited at the "femme fatale" TE's where there were only "600" or so for each system made.

Funny thing is this stick actually released at a higher price than the original SFIV TE's and noone pointed it out.

Even at $140 l think the price is too high, l got the EX-SE for $119 back in October. Plus right now the HRAP SA (which uses the same parts - and has a better look) is over $40+ cheaper than this after tax/shipping

[quote name='SimaYi']Funny thing is this stick actually released at a higher price than the original SFIV TE's and noone pointed it out.

Even at $140 l think the price is too high, l got the EX-SE for $119 back in October. Plus right now the HRAP SA (which uses the same parts - and has a better look) is over $40+ cheaper than this after tax/shipping[/QUOTE]

Yes a whopping 10 dollars extra. Some people actually like the TE's better than the HRAPs :hot: Both are quality sticks, and in this instance, you are paying for the MvsC2 art+TE.

i seen one of these 'in the wild' during GS' b2g1 sale, and was even considering going back and using the trade-certain-game-get-$20-off-anything-in-the-store promo to snag one... I have a HARP 3-sa, but am a VERY big MvC2 fan, so I still might! :D

[quote name='Japakneez']The HRAP V.3 is hot. If im getting another stick this will be it :hot::hot::hot:

ggl02.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I'm seriously thinking about picking up one of these. There's only one thing that keeps me from it: I wonder if there is a possibility of other sticks coming out once SSIV hits or if any of these will drop in price?

The MvC one looks pretty sweet as well.

bread's done
Back