MW3 Hardened Edition at Target for 99.99

[quote name='WTFer']You serious? I ordered my 2 weeks ago from Target & still have gotten not shipment confirmation.
What a load of croak.

Might as well cancel my order & just buy the regular edition.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, ordered around midnight 11/8 and by night had my shipping confirmation, though it is going to get here by 11/14.

[quote name='hanabie']12 out of 20 shipped .. time to sell these bastards lol[/QUOTE]

so just charged over $2100 to make around what $600-$800.

Won't make much? Are you serious? Even if you made $50 bucks profit, that's 1000 dollars. Not bad at all. More than likely he'll make a lot more than $50 profit though

I forgot most of you don't have real jobs, but to call his profit "a lot" is a joke.

If he paid $100 (most likely more if you factor tax) and these are selling on ebay for about $150, and then you factor in eBay fees, paypal fees, shipping, a trip to the post office, etc....well, if that's worth it to you, then more power to you. It won't be $1000 profit though.

For me, that's a waste of time and not close to being worth it.

EDIT: Eh, that sounded patronizing. Not my intention.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MoonSpoon']I forgot most of you don't have real jobs, but to call his profit "a lot" is a joke.

If he paid $100 (most likely more if you factor tax) and these are selling on ebay for about $150, and then you factor in eBay fees, paypal fees, shipping, a trip to the post office, etc....well, if that's worth it to you, then more power to you. It won't be $1000 profit though.

For me, that's a waste of time and not close to being worth it.

EDIT: Eh, that sounded patronizing. Not my intention.[/QUOTE]
you can sell for higher on amazon if you have a good account...I've already sold copies for $180 (which is about $50 profit after all fees)....and once 11/13 passes, which is the deadline for founder status, there's a good chance that these will go up in value. so yeah, not a real job, but its still good money on the side

Good point about the founder status. You're probably right and I'd retract my previous statement.

For some reason, I have a feeling these are going to be available again though. I remember Black Ops hardened edition magically appeared back on websites around Christmas time and I snagged one. Who knows though.

Saw a PS3 copy yesterday, but no 360 :( Oh well. I am not that worried about any of the extras and I usually limit my map purchases to 2 packs, so I'll pick up a copy this Friday with TRU's $20 GC.

Anyone else have their Gamestop.com order cancelled? They cancelled mine earlier, but gave me a $20 coupon if I bought the regular edition + elite.

Guys. I no longer need money. I decide to do good things. I will sell 110 each as a true gamer. I'm still waiting for my shipment :D It's nice that target offers signature confirmation :D

I got my orders cancelled from gamestop as well. Oh well.

sorry noob question, what is DCPI? Is it only on 360?

Sorry Only Local Pickup. Too much hassle for me to ship them out. I live in Los Angeles Area

[quote name='hanabie']Guys. I no longer need money. I decide to do good things. I will sell 110 each as a true gamer. I'm still waiting for my shipment :D It's nice that target offers signature confirmation :D

Sorry Only Local Pickup. Too much hassle for me to ship them out. I live in Los Angeles Area[/QUOTE]

WTF? If it's OK with you, can we meet on a dark, unlit alley in Downtown LA somewhere? I'll make sure to bring a lot of extra cash, as well, just in case.

[quote name='hanabie']Guys. I no longer need money. I decide to do good things. I will sell 110 each as a true gamer. I'm still waiting for my shipment :D It's nice that target offers signature confirmation :D

Sorry Only Local Pickup. Too much hassle for me to ship them out. I live in Los Angeles Area[/QUOTE]

People like you annoy the shit out of me. You are NOT a true gamer. You bought all these to make a profit and you even went way overboard by getting so many, knowing that these are going to be hard to get. Instead of not getting more than a couple so other people have a chance to get one that they will actually use, you get 20. I hope you get robbed, would serve you right.

well if you sell all 20 at that price in LA, you'd make about $25 profit :applause:

anyway OT, I went to Target last night and guy said sold out (2 of each). there's a GS on the same block so had hoped all the dummies locals went there

[quote name='Gamer SDP']well if you sell all 20 at that price in LA, you'd make about $25 profit :applause:

anyway OT, I went to Target last night and guy said sold out (2 of each). there's a GS on the same block so had hoped all the dummies locals went there[/QUOTE]

how lol? If I sell it at 110 each.. I'm not making any profit.. I never did this before =/ I just hoarded 20 and did not think twice.

The website is still showing "limited stock" at a couple Targets around here. Went to one two days ago and there weren't any, so I figure the others are the same way.

May have one lined up on here, but if not, I guess I'm out of luck. Oh well.

I'm just amazed at how limited the hardened edition is. I'm hoping there will be more in stock before Christmastime. I can wait and see. Definitely not the end of the world if they don't have anymore, but I am a sucker for the metal cases since I have them for MW2 and Black Ops and like how they look. In the meantime I'm going to probably pick up the MW3 basic edition on sale at TRU tomorrow and just sit on it.

[quote name='hanabie']how lol? If I sell it at 110 each.. I'm not making any profit.. I never did this before =/ I just hoarded 20 and did not think twice.[/QUOTE]

LA has a slightly lower tax rate than NYC so I figure a bit under $108 (okay $108.74 :cool:). 20 * ($110-$108.74) = $25.20

and what are you talking about never doing this before? why would you buy 20 copies if you had no idea how to move them? I've bought things to resell several times (maybe at most 4 of same item) but would probably only risk trying to move around 10 Hardened Editions at most.

Did any of you order from TRU and actually got confirmation yet? Mine just says located in stock and has no shipping info...I ordered about a month release. I hope it goes through cause I used a 40gc on it!

I can see this in stock at a few local BB... I just can't do it. I have never spent $50 on maps... and I'd rather use extra money for Rocksmith songs when they hit... You can use the SKU swap at BB.com to find these still in stock at stores..

[quote name='crazedracerguy']I can see this in stock at a few local BB... I just can't do it. I have never spent $50 on maps... and I'd rather use extra money for Rocksmith songs when they hit... You can use the SKU swap at BB.com to find these still in stock at stores..[/QUOTE]

Pardon my ignorance, but what do I do?

[quote name='BuDdyLe']Did any of you order from TRU and actually got confirmation yet? Mine just says located in stock and has no shipping info...I ordered about a month release. I hope it goes through cause I used a 40gc on it![/QUOTE]

Got a shipping confirmation late yesterday. Tracking says it should be arriving tomorrow hopefully.

I was impatient and wasn't sure it was actually going to ship so I actually lucked out with one at Target. I don't really want to do the whole flipping thing but I'm going to see if anyone nearby in Chicago would want to trade for the Skyrim Collectors Edition. I think it'll be a fair enough trade as they'll get something rare and I'll save a little bit of cash (plus being able to use credit and stuff hurts a little less then handing over cash money).

[quote name='crazedracerguy']I can see this in stock at a few local BB... I just can't do it. I have never spent $50 on maps... and I'd rather use extra money for Rocksmith songs when they hit... You can use the SKU swap at BB.com to find these still in stock at stores..[/QUOTE]

Those might just be preorders that haven't been picked up yet. There is no way to tell using the stock locator whether or not they are actually available to anyone. My Best Buy holds preorders for 5 days, so if they are still showing stock after Saturday, then you should be able to get one from BB.

Unless someone really wanted the Hardened version, I don't know why they'd pay $110. Just buy the regular version and Elite for $110. Plus, it seems you can get the regular version for less than $60 at some places. The only reason Hardened is hard to find is it was a good deal. Take away the deal and I don't kow why anyone would want it.

I got the Hardened version and other than Elite, the extras are crap. A founders card that is worthless and some notebook that I'll never look at.

[quote name='GBAstar']Hate. Hate. Hate. I know their are no dragons, talking vegetables, or ninjas in Call of Duty but I still don't understand why people hate so much on the franchise. It is very profitable; who knew? I mean most young boys grow up playing army, cops and robbers, war, etc. Sounds like a good formula to me.

I have seen thread after thread of people calling this game crap, the hardened edition crap, worthless and that'll be on store shelves for months to come.

Okay :roll:

way to show your intelligence.[/QUOTE]
It's because:

- It's the cancer killing the video game industry. You might like ONLY shooters, dumbed down ones at that which remove anything that requires thinkings & rewards camping, but most of us play other games & genres as well, & we don't like it when established genres are suddenly changed by the publishers to attain CoD's audience. Rainbow Six Vegas? Skyrim? Splinter Cell Conviction? SOCOM 4? Hitman Absolution? Resident Evil 4 & after (I'm aware that came out in 2005 but honestly it gave way to this whole trend in the first place).

Them & many other series are dumbed down to pull in an audience they themselves do not give a crap about & what happens? These sequels end up being forgotten by fans who felt betrayed, pirated en masse & the CoD audience doesn't even know they exist because they don't play anything else besides CoD. Then there's the occasional dumbed down sequel that actually pulls in all the morons & the series is forever changed, a shadow of it's former self. I'm not touching an RE where it's far more action than horror & ammo plus health are crapped out every few steps.

- The "fans". I've seen the worst fanbases due to the internet & the CoD crotchsniffers rival Sonic furries & Kingdom Hearts yaoi landwhales. But this isn't just kept on the internet oh no, I unfortunately see this idiots in the middle school near my house. It's even impossible to talk about video games outside niche fan sites now because every single game is compared to CoD even if the genres aren't even related "Hurr dem gfx suck cod much betta, dat shit is gay son play blops lol y you play dat counter strike etc. etc" they act as if this once great series turned into yearly Michael Bay garbage is some kind of ultimate achievement, some kind of everlasting trophy of game design; it isn't, you're just playing CoD because all your friends are & most people don't want to be left out of the loop, you couldn't care less about what problems & glaring issues pop up because everyone on your friend list is playing it & you'd look poor or "hipster" to not have it.

- All the military clones. Yes we all know of all the Mario & FF 7 clones in decades past but at least they weren't this prevelent, now every 5th-10th game is something; modern, shooting up terrorists who are either muslim or russian, linear shooting gallery, use the M16 & AK47 & use some type of perk system. Where's the imagination of trying something vastly different? Oh right that'll be ignored too just like these, even the shooters that are actually fun unfortunately fall into obscurity like Vanquish & Prey.

- & about your cops & robbers argument, we've had plenty of successful shooters back then which weren't all the same as each other & required reflexes, intelligence & didn't pat you on the back just because you sat in a corner all match. Quake, Doom, SOCOM 1 & 2, Counter Strike, Team Fortress classic, Tribes & that's just a handful. Heard any of these? I doubt it.

- The abuse of DLC but I guess Microsoft is the main blame here. Still, due to them & Activision every single map pack is just "$10 for 3". Gee, I don't know about you but that sure sounds like a huge ripoff, I ain't paying for taht but unfortunately little timmy & his friends will get their mothers to pay for it, all the college jocks will use their McDonalds paychecks to pay for it & taunt those who "are too poor hahaha" who refuse to fall for this crap.

That's why it's hated. Feel free to ignore because I bashed your precious CoD & continue to fondle Activision's greed with your wallet. I'm sure Post-Modern Warfare will be even better.

I, for one, do not care you bashed my "precious CoD"

Not sure why you care so much to be honest. It's different strokes for different folks.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']It's because:

- It's the cancer killing the video game industry. You might like ONLY shooters, dumbed down ones at that which remove anything that requires thinkings & rewards camping, but most of us play other games & genres as well, & we don't like it when established genres are suddenly changed by the publishers to attain CoD's audience. Rainbow Six Vegas? Skyrim? Splinter Cell Conviction? SOCOM 4? Hitman Absolution? Resident Evil 4 & after (I'm aware that came out in 2005 but honestly it gave way to this whole trend in the first place).

Them & many other series are dumbed down to pull in an audience they themselves do not give a crap about & what happens? These sequels end up being forgotten by fans who felt betrayed, pirated en masse & the CoD audience doesn't even know they exist because they don't play anything else besides CoD. Then there's the occasional dumbed down sequel that actually pulls in all the morons & the series is forever changed, a shadow of it's former self. I'm not touching an RE where it's far more action than horror & ammo plus health are crapped out every few steps.

- The "fans". I've seen the worst fanbases due to the internet & the CoD crotchsniffers rival Sonic furries & Kingdom Hearts yaoi landwhales. But this isn't just kept on the internet oh no, I unfortunately see this idiots in the middle school near my house. It's even impossible to talk about video games outside niche fan sites now because every single game is compared to CoD even if the genres aren't even related "Hurr dem gfx suck cod much betta, dat shit is gay son play blops lol y you play dat counter strike etc. etc" they act as if this once great series turned into yearly Michael Bay garbage is some kind of ultimate achievement, some kind of everlasting trophy of game design; it isn't, you're just playing CoD because all your friends are & most people don't want to be left out of the loop, you couldn't care less about what problems & glaring issues pop up because everyone on your friend list is playing it & you'd look poor or "hipster" to not have it.

- All the military clones. Yes we all know of all the Mario & FF 7 clones in decades past but at least they weren't this prevelent, now every 5th-10th game is something; modern, shooting up terrorists who are either muslim or russian, linear shooting gallery, use the M16 & AK47 & use some type of perk system. Where's the imagination of trying something vastly different? Oh right that'll be ignored too just like these, even the shooters that are actually fun unfortunately fall into obscurity like Vanquish & Prey.

- & about your cops & robbers argument, we've had plenty of successful shooters back then which weren't all the same as each other & required reflexes, intelligence & didn't pat you on the back just because you sat in a corner all match. Quake, Doom, SOCOM 1 & 2, Counter Strike, Team Fortress classic, Tribes & that's just a handful. Heard any of these? I doubt it.

- The abuse of DLC but I guess Microsoft is the main blame here. Still, due to them & Activision every single map pack is just "$10 for 3". Gee, I don't know about you but that sure sounds like a huge ripoff, I ain't paying for taht but unfortunately little timmy & his friends will get their mothers to pay for it, all the college jocks will use their McDonalds paychecks to pay for it & taunt those who "are too poor hahaha" who refuse to fall for this crap.

That's why it's hated. Feel free to ignore because I bashed your precious CoD & continue to fondle Activision's greed with your wallet. I'm sure Post-Modern Warfare will be even better
.[/QUOTE]

Is it ok if I play a game because I like it and not worry about any of this stuff? Or does not worrying that CoD has "dumbed down" (insert game here) make me a bad person?

Is it mandatory to rage against the machine if I want to be cool?

It never ceases to amaze me that people have so much free time as to roam the internet to argue about things they DON'T like.

If not COD and Madden, it would just be something else. Get over it folks and do something you actually enjoy (unless trolling is that thing).

I laughed when I saw that the new golden eye had "load outs" Heaven forbid if a classic needs to be remade properly without adapting some format of COD into it to appease the masses.

[quote name='HomieGFunk03']Got a shipping confirmation late yesterday. Tracking says it should be arriving tomorrow hopefully.

I was impatient and wasn't sure it was actually going to ship so I actually lucked out with one at Target. I don't really want to do the whole flipping thing but I'm going to see if anyone nearby in Chicago would want to trade for the Skyrim Collectors Edition. I think it'll be a fair enough trade as they'll get something rare and I'll save a little bit of cash (plus being able to use credit and stuff hurts a little less then handing over cash money).[/QUOTE]

I decided not to preorder because usually there are always extras anyways. I'm starting to regret it as I have yet to come across one. Go figure on this actually appearing to be limited. If you still get that extra one, and it's the xbox360 version, I'd be interested in buying it from you. Let me know.

Hmm, I get a phone call around noon from my little cousin, he was with his sister at the laundry mat, where a GameStop is located in the same strip mall. He tells me there are 3 copies left of the Hardened Edition for the Xbox 360. My jaw hit the floor! He also said that the GameStop employee is keeping one copy, so there's only 2 copies left. He couldn't reserve me a copy, so I had to run out of the house and rushed over there in ten minutes! I did have to wait in line for a while before I got the game. I forgot Skyrim was released today...

Anyway, I'm really ecstatic right now! I didn't think, I would find the Hardened Edition in stores, let alone at a GameStop. For those of you that are still searching for the game, please don't give up on GameStop, and give them a call, you just never know...;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I got an impluse buy hardened edition for 360 and not sure if i want to keep it. Pay me for the cost + tax + shipping and a little tips and it is your. PM if interested.

Still can't find any around here.

Guy at Best Buy said if people don't pick up their preorders by Monday, I can snag one of those. I'll cross my fingers.

yah my gamestops have a bunch but are all preorders =(. going to check back in a few days and if still their i might get a few they said.

I wish I hadn't used my elite pass T_T this multiplayer is making me rage already. I'd have sold mine and just kept the HE contents.

Managers that follow the preorder rules at GS to the letter would have put the HE on sale at the start of business Friday as its been 48 hours since release.

I was at 2 different Targets in St. Louis on Tuesday in the early-mid afternoon and neither had the HE. I would check your local GS or BB (whenever BB's preorder policy time passes to put the copies back on the shelf.)

[quote name='wargod']I laughed when I saw that the new golden eye had "load outs" Heaven forbid if a classic needs to be remade properly without adapting some format of COD into it to appease the masses.[/QUOTE]

QoS and Blood Stone both had loadouts for the MP, either default or ones you could customize. QoS actually has good MP, except for the shotguns having insane range.

[quote name='gauu']yah my gamestops have a bunch but are all preorders =(. going to check back in a few days and if still their i might get a few they said.[/QUOTE]

I am interested :)

[quote name='mr_bungle']I wish I hadn't used my elite pass T_T this multiplayer is making me rage already. I'd have sold mine and just kept the HE contents.[/QUOTE]

PM me if you are interested in selling the steelbook?

It's not out of print. It never was....gamestop stopped taking preorders to create more demand in my opinion. My gamestop has a handful of 360 and ps3 hardened editions left.

bread's done
Back