My '03 Honda OTTcord has been paid off!

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least you're getting paid, brak. And thanks for getting back to me. I think it's going to be ok, I guess. We'll see.

Rocko, that first mouse looks similar to the MX Revolution, which is the most comfortable mouse I've ever used, so between those two, I would go with that one.

I always wanted the MX Revolution, but it's expensive.

The first mouse does seem more comfy, but I have a hard time choosing that one only because they other one seems to have so many more features and is more expensive but comes out to be the same price. On the other hand, though, the second one may be overkill since I don't play FPS games, only WoW.

For anyone who has played Prototype, about how much gameplay can I expect? Would it be a good rental, or is it long enough to warrant YF360G?

[quote name='Rocko']I always wanted the MX Revolution, but it's expensive.

The first mouse does seem more comfy, but I have a hard time choosing that one only because they other one seems to have so many more features and is more expensive but comes out to be the same price. On the other hand, though, the second one may be overkill since I don't play FPS games, only WoW.

For anyone who has played Prototype, about how much gameplay can I expect? Would it be a good rental, or is it long enough to warrant YF360G?[/QUOTE]

Oh. I only paid $6.99 for it. :)

Congrats, Temp!

Okay, so I'm a year late to the party, but I'm really enjoying Fallout 3. I have a few questions though, so I'll spoiler them for those who don't care.
1: Is the game really this glitchy, or is in my launch Xbox? I have no problems with any other game, but I have already had a corrupt save file and my 360 freezes at least once every Fallout 3 game session.

2: I heard you can get a dog companion. I'm level 9 and haven't seen one that wasn't trying to rip my throat out. Did I miss it and the encounter "expire" or will it be there if I stumble upon him? (I just did the Sunnydale stuff with the hooker and school last night.)

3: Garnet Lee mentioned last week on ListenUp about going to Rivet City automatically completing the Following in His Footsteps quest without doing the other stuff; that happened to me last night and had to reload a save game. Are there any other "issues" like this I should be aware of?

4: Lastly, any other tips I should be aware of? Are any particular perks much better to have over the others? (I'm playing as an ultra-good guy...which is odd, since I normally play as a jerk the first time round in these types of games.) For example, I have a sneaking level of 30, and even with my light off, crouched and barely moving and in a HIDDEN state, I can't sneak around for shit. Is it worth putting the points into sneaking?

[quote name='Rocko']Damn, how'd you manage that?[/QUOTE]

Amazon.com Black Friday fiasco back in 2007. It was supposed to be $36.99 after $30 rebate, but they marked it down to $36.99, and then I got the rebate on top of that.

I'm not sure how well the ACT went. Reading and English were fine, but I had to guess on the last five or so on math and science. My essay wasn't too bad.

Placement test? If by placement test you mean the college placement test administered by College Board, I have never taken an easier assessment in my life. It was an absolute joke. I believe I got 99th percentile in everything. Maybe 96th in one of them. I forget.

I never did finish Fallout 3. Ended up having to reformat my PC and never bothered going back to it. Got up to the point where
you get to the Brotherhood of Steel HQ and that woman comes with you.

[quote name='Rocko']Placement test? If by placement test you mean the college placement test administered by College Board, I have never taken an easier assessment in my life. It was an absolute joke. I believe I got 99th percentile in everything. Maybe 96th in one of them. I forget.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that is it. I am not so worried about failing, I just don't like taking tests.

[quote name='PlumeNoir']Congrats, Temp!

Okay, so I'm a year late to the party, but I'm really enjoying Fallout 3. I have a few questions though, so I'll spoiler them for those who don't care.
1: Is the game really this glitchy, or is in my launch Xbox? I have no problems with any other game, but I have already had a corrupt save file and my 360 freezes at least once every Fallout 3 game session.

2: I heard you can get a dog companion. I'm level 9 and haven't seen one that wasn't trying to rip my throat out. Did I miss it and the encounter "expire" or will it be there if I stumble upon him? (I just did the Sunnydale stuff with the hooker and school last night.)

3: Garnet Lee mentioned last week on ListenUp about going to Rivet City automatically completing the Following in His Footsteps quest without doing the other stuff; that happened to me last night and had to reload a save game. Are there any other "issues" like this I should be aware of?

4: Lastly, any other tips I should be aware of? Are any particular perks much better to have over the others? (I'm playing as an ultra-good guy...which is odd, since I normally play as a jerk the first time round in these types of games.) For example, I have a sneaking level of 30, and even with my light off, crouched and barely moving and in a HIDDEN state, I can't sneak around for shit. Is it worth putting the points into sneaking?
[/QUOTE]
1. It's a Bethesda open world game so YMMV. I don't recall it ever locking up on me and I put 70something hours into it.

2. He's in the junkyard(?) and will always be there but the consensus is that he's a nuisance and isn't worth the trouble because he is easily killed in combat. There's a perk in the new DLC that revives him, I think.

3. Not that I recall.

4. Another consensus is that sneaking is awful in this game, especially compared to Oblivion. I would put the points into whatever weapons you use(I used small firearms) and lockpicking and science.

For general tips, don't get the perks that make you level up faster, since you'll hit 20 way before the end of the game. Pay attention to the clothing you pick up. They may look worthless but they come in handy. Like, I always carried something(labcoat?) that raised my science by 10 points which would help out when I ran into a terminal that I didn't have enough points to hack. I had one for lockpicking and for speech too. Seek out the bobbleheads, they really do make a big difference. You should have your intelligence maxed out so you can get the max possible skill points when you level up. Get the Educated and Comprehension perks as soon as they pop up too.

[quote name='PlumeNoir']Congrats, Temp!

[/QUOTE]

Fallout 3 is mad glitchy. I had npc characters disappear on me entirely.

You can get a dog. I never did but I think you find him in the scrapyard.

I think once you're past that point in the main story you're pretty safe. The things you have to do from then on get pretty specific. Don't take my word for it though it has been a while since I played.

I put a lot of emphasis on weapons and speech.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Why did you remove your Xbox Live gamertag, dckrang?[/QUOTE]

I took it down during one of my bipolar fits.
Actually, I don't have a gold account and didn't see any point in having it up there

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Thanks doods. It's at 4 at the Embassy. You're all invited. Cept Sean.[/QUOTE]

you forget, frosty and i actually know where that is. we *may* show up. where ya registered?

edit- don't worry we won't show up for the ceremony, just for the free booze.

[quote name='Sleepkyng']So it's your wedding day and you're on CAG?[/QUOTE]

Why not? It's not until four and all I have to do is throw the tux on and drive over.

[quote name='Chika']you forget, frosty and i actually know where that is. we *may* show up. where ya registered?

edit- don't worry we won't show up for the ceremony, just for the free booze.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't mind. I'm not paying the bill.

I started back up oncraigslist for two days and out of nowhere my competition decides to show back up today and undercut me. Maybe I should send the strike team out again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back