My Best Buy GC Offers: $10 off Tales of Xillia, $30 off Rabbids Land Wii U, $30 off ESPN Sports Connection Wii U, $25 off Turtle Beach Marvel Headset

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Posted this in another thread, but they gave my Injustice to someone else...I got an email confirming pickup. How do I prove I didn't pick this up?

Posted this in another thread, but they gave my Injustice to someone else...I got an email confirming pickup. How do I prove I didn't pick this up?
Your signature compared to whoever signed the receipt?

How did you pay? Don't they normally ask for the CC used to pay, assuming of course you used one?

Well you have to sign for a pick up don't you? Hence YOU never signed for it...

Also if I were you, I would change your password on two three things, the main bestbuy website, the mybestbuy website, and also your email address that is TIED to your mybestuy account.

Just noticed in the fine print it says something like "The three PS4 or Xbox One titles must be purchased on the same receipt." In reference to the $25 deal. Guess that's confirmation that this will apply to Xbox as well.

Yay for stacking the $10 preorder coupon with the $25 promo for even more certs.

Just noticed in the fine print it says something like "The three PS4 or Xbox One titles must be purchased on the same receipt." In reference to the $25 deal. Guess that's confirmation that this will apply to Xbox as well.

Yay for stacking the $10 preorder coupon with the $25 promo for even more certs.
From my experience running this thread and following these bi-weekly gamers club offers since January 2013. Best Buy has never changed the offers 1 week later, it is always every 2 weeks. But this might be the first...

Only 70%. No stacking. Down to $12. I know it was $8 before in that 2-day sale, but wondering if I should bite on this.
It's not great but I'm having a lot of fun with it the last two days. Hoping there's a little more than it's given so far though since it's a little shallow mechanically so far. I think $8-10 is the perfect price point for it personally.

I feel like I'm missing why the $25 off three promo is appealing.

It's not great but I'm having a lot of fun with it the last two days. Hoping there's a little more than it's given so far though since it's a little shallow mechanically so far. I think $8-10 is the perfect price point for it personally.
I don't even know if I'll be picking up my Zelda 3DS XL, so I'm not sure I can even play it lol.

I feel like I'm missing why the $25 off three promo is appealing.
Plus additional $12 off each game for GCU which is basically equal to Targets B2G1. Also its next gen so if you are getting a new system it makes sense to grab a few games.

Wonder if the $25 promo will work with a mix of PS4 and XB1 titles.  Fine print suggests as much.  The offer's essentially useless now, since so many of the PS4 pre-orders are sold out online.  Which is weird.  Either they have a small allocation, PS4 is blowing XB1 out, or PS4 has a higher pre-order attach rate.

Plus additional $12 off each game. Also its next gen so if you are getting a new system it makes sense to grab a few games.
Still not used to that. So not quite as good as the B2G1 at Target if my math is correct and I'm not overlooking anything else. Plus Target has the flexibility of being able to return 1-2 games where BBY likes to package discounts.

Wonder if the $25 promo will work with a mix of PS4 and XB1 titles. Fine print suggests as much. The offer's essentially useless now, since so many of the PS4 pre-orders are sold out online. Which is weird. Either they have a small allocation, PS4 is blowing XB1 out, or PS4 has a higher pre-order attach rate.
I could of sworn in the details it specifically stated it has to be 3 games for the same next gen platform.

Still not used to that. So not quite as good as the B2G1 at Target if my math is correct and I'm not overlooking anything else. Plus Target has the flexibility of being able to return 1-2 games where BBY likes to package discounts.
True about Targets prorated discounts. But otherwise they are the same. Only difference is stock at Target sucks. Also I have a buyer for Killzone Shadow Fall for $50 which makes the deal that much sweeter. I prefer using credit at BBY as well.

Wonder if the $25 promo will work with a mix of PS4 and XB1 titles. Fine print suggests as much. The offer's essentially useless now, since so many of the PS4 pre-orders are sold out online. Which is weird. Either they have a small allocation, PS4 is blowing XB1 out, or PS4 has a higher pre-order attach rate.
A combination of platforms will not apply for the offer.

Think I'll go with this deal instead of B2G1 from target. You save $36 up front instead of 60 but get 25 back. You get another 5 back from 2x purchase points for games. I'll use it all towards infamous SS for $48 later.

I did the math.

If you get the $10 per in points for preordering (if qualifying game), the 20% off, and this new 3 for $25 in points Bestbuy is about $30 cheaper than Target with red card. This is ignoring tax and assuming purchase was with gift card (so no points) and assuming all 3 games are bought in store at once. So either all Xbox One or PS4 games.

So $25 off PS4 titles? Working in conjunction with the 20% off that's a pretty good deal. and the deal in paper said buy 3, get $25 in MyBB points? So that's like crazy isn't it? That's like 40 for each title and $25 cert? or was there some fine print I missed?

So $25 off PS4 titles? Working in conjunction with the 20% off that's a pretty good deal. and the deal in paper said buy 3, get $25 in MyBB points? So that's like crazy isn't it? That's like 40 for each title and $25 cert? or was there some fine print I missed?
I was just about to point out this as well because this offer has a lot of potential for PS4 titles if all those offers stack.

So if my math is right it would be $180 - $61 if you have GCU and use the bi-weekly offer. Then you get the $25 certificate for weekly ad offer and a possible $10 more in certificates if you get NBA 2k14 as 1 of the games.

I was just about to point out this as well because this offer has a lot of potential for PS4 titles if all those offers stack.

So if my math is right it would be $180 - $61 if you have GCU and use the bi-weekly offer. Then you get the $25 certificate for weekly ad offer and a possible $10 more in certificates if you get NBA 2k14 as 1 of the games.
The gamers club offer is the weekly ad offer.

No the gamers club offer is for $25 off the purchase. The weekly ad is for $25 in rewardzone certificates.
efvGVF3.png

OcdlBDe.png

This how it should work. First off from the games listed in the weekly ad, AC4, BF4, NBA 2K, get you $10 in rewards certs just for pre ordering. (I just checked my bb site and they removed the advertisement for it, but if you had any of those already pre ordered you will get the $10 cert) If you buy a combination of those three, it would come out to $30 a game. $180-$36(20% off)=$144+tax You should get 3 $10 certs back plus the $25 cert for buying 3. So $144-$55=$89. You pay $144 plus tax upfront, but when its all said and done you paid $89+tax. Keep in mind I'm talking about if you were to buy 3 of the above games and already had them pre ordered.

edit- $10 certs are for GC members who pre ordered.
edit - nvm on this since BF4 and AC4 is already considered released.

This how it should work. First off from the games listed in the weekly ad, AC4, BF4, NBA 2K, and MADDEN get you $10 in rewards certs just for pre ordering. (I just checked my bb site and they removed the advertisement for it, but if you had any of those already pre ordered you will get the $10 cert) If you buy a combination of those three, it would come out to $30 a game. $180-$36(20% off)=$144+tax You should get 3 $10 certs back plus the $25 cert for buying 3. So $144-$55=$89. You pay $144 plus tax upfront, but when its all said and done you paid $89+tax. Keep in mind I'm talking about if you were to buy 3 of the above games and already had them pre ordered.

edit- $10 certs are for GC members who pre ordered.
and you would have had to preordered all 3 at the same time, or at least get all three on the same receipt.

Well then the thread title needs to be changed as it is misleading because that is what I was getting my idea from. I logged on to the mybestbuy account and the offer is still not posted for me to see.
It always takes mybestbuy a bit to update with the new offers. You can see them if you go to the featured offers on bestbuy .com.

this is going to cause confusion because the ad says nothing about having to be GCU, actually clearly states only needing a my best buy reward membership
you do not need to be GCU, only mybestbuy since it is for the free gamers club which everyone who has a mybestbuy membership is part of.

Well then the thread title needs to be changed as it is misleading because that is what I was getting my idea from. I logged on to the mybestbuy account and the offer is still not posted for me to see.
I will have it change right now. Didn't even realize I had it as "off", got so use to writing it for these offers. Thanks for pointing that out.

It always takes mybestbuy a bit to update with the new offers. You can see them if you go to the featured offers on bestbuy .com.

you do not need to be GCU, only mybestbuy since it is for the free gamers club which everyone who has a mybestbuy membership is part of.
my mistake then, i guess i was thinking the gamers club offers were only for the unlocked memberships.

They didn't remove the info about the $10 certs for preordering - click on the "Even getting the game is a game.  Be first."  link on the main page when you first log in.

My problem is, they STILL haven't extended my GCU (mine expired in Sept., so supposedly I qualify) or sent me the stupid coupon they should have sent.  So I can't take advantage of this deal even tho according to them I *should* be able to.   :roll:

Is it even too late for people to pre order and get the $10 certs? It shouldn't be, but its not under the GC offers on mybestbuy.com any more.

Edit-^thanks.......its still active....nice!

Ok,

Preordered

NBA 2K14 $47.99

Bought

Knack $47.99

Killzone Shadow Fall $47.99

7% New Jersey Sales Tax (TOTAL): $153.97

Used 30 RZ Cert

$121.95

- $25 Cert

- $10 NBA 2K14 preorder cert (If only they didn't release the PS4 games early I would've had preorder certs for KZSF and Knack)

- $5 Reward Zone purchase points (144+ points)

$81.95 (With my cert) ($111.93) for Three PS4 Games compared to $128.40 @ Target

You basically save $17 if you buy from Best Buy, Not bad for a college student (If you're in NJ)

Is it even too late for people to pre order and get the $10 certs? It shouldn't be, but its not under the GC offers on mybestbuy.com any more.
BF4, AC4, and NBA 2K14 are the only titles left that qualified for the $10 pre-order RZ Cert. BF4 and AC4 for PS4 are considered as released as of last Friday.

BF4, AC4, and NBA 2K14 are the only titles left that qualified for the $10 pre-order RZ Cert. BF4 and AC4 for PS4 are considered as released as of last Friday.
Well nvm on that than. Wow they released them on Friday. I thought madden was on that list?

Edit- its not nvm

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back