My Best Buy GC Offers: $10 off Tales of Xillia, $30 off Rabbids Land Wii U, $30 off ESPN Sports Connection Wii U, $25 off Turtle Beach Marvel Headset

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TaylorM06']Apparently Dark Arisen is out, in some shape or form, I have a friend on XBL who has "DD: Dark Arisen" in his list with a 75 game score when I compared games.[/QUOTE]

When you compare with someone on XBL, if they played dragons dogma it just shows up as Dark Arisen.I have 2 friends that it shows that for, and I know they don't have it.

I don't know if anybody is still having cart or other website / browser related glitches where the price changed or the pages url errored out, but it seems to be working for me on chrome again now.

Good deal, if I really really like the game, I'll just hope for future dlc sale on XB Live.

[quote name='vashtheowner']When you compare with someone on XBL, if they played dragons dogma it just shows up as Dark Arisen.I have 2 friends that it shows that for, and I know they don't have it.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha.

[quote name='letskissthesky']Looks like I may be picking up dragons dogma finally.[/QUOTE]

Beware the new expansion coming out is incompatible with the current disc out there. Capcom is pulling their old fighting game trick and making you buy the new disc that comes out in April.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Beware the new expansion coming out is incompatible with the current disc out there. Capcom is pulling their old fighting game trick and making you buy the new disc that comes out in April.[/QUOTE]

Which is exactly why I'm buying Dark Arisen used.

Does anyone know what's up with my BB account? When I enter my Billing info, it just bounces me back to a blank billing info screen. I can't buy anything using the account if this happens.

[quote name='Vap']Which is exactly why I'm buying Dark Arisen used.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, after getting burned on MvC3 I said I'd never pay full retail for another Capcpom game.

I was at the order confirmation page until I saw a few posts saying the future expansion is incompatible with the vanilla disc. If it was a game I really liked I would have had no issues paying the premium for it when it released but with a backlog and school/work I can definitely wait until Arisen goes on sale.

[quote name='Zolor23']Does anyone know what's up with my BB account? When I enter my Billing info, it just bounces me back to a blank billing info screen. I can't buy anything using the account if this happens.[/QUOTE]
Same issue here, they broked it.

I kicked myself missing out on :360: Dragon's Dogma MS had it for $10 on BF. I figured $15 isn't a bad price considering I woulda had this version the game 4 months ago anyway. I'd be interested in Dark Arisen if there's any new achievements involved, otherwise I'm good w/ the vanilla. Can't wait to play it.

[quote name='The Buffmuffin']Effing Capcom, saw this and was gonna pull the trigger at $15, now I may just pick up the dark arisen version coming out...[/QUOTE]

Doesn't dark arisen include all of the original DD as well?

Was gonna pounce on that Dragon's Dogma deal until I saw Dark Arisen would not be sold as DLC. Beat the game on a rental and although I want to own that fantastic game, I'd rather have Dark Arisen too to extend the gameplay.

And yes, Dark Arisen version is the base game + Dark Arisen.

[quote name='mrclutch']Do you still have to "claim" these online or are the deals just automatic now with your account?[/QUOTE]

I was wondering this as well. Does the price automatically come down when they scan your card? Also it's hard enough for me to even ever get to the dlc after I finish a game. I usually am ready to move on to the next game by then, especially when I have a baby and full time job. My time is very limited. So the vanilla version will be good for me.

[quote name='letskissthesky']Also is anyone else still not seeing these on your reward zone page. My page still doesn't show these deals in the offers.[/QUOTE]

It wasn't showing for me either, however when I clicked the link on page 1, I was able to buy it for $15.

[quote name='Flacksguy']It wasn't showing for me either, however when I clicked the link on page 1, I was able to buy it for $15.[/QUOTE]

Same for me; I never claimed the offer but when I used the link in the OP and added to cart, it just came up at $15. Ordered for store pickup. Thanks for the heads up htz!

Thanks for the clarification. Will wait for the new version to be cheap than buy the vanilla and miss out on all the extra content. Why does capcom have to such a big fat A$$ and be a money grab all the time and ruin it for their fan base

you would not have to worry about it now, ps3 version is no longer available for shipping. better get it while its hot, lol

[quote name='TooPoor']I would so jump on DD if not for Dark Arisen. I hear the saves are not comptible?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I am kind of in the same boat. But don't you get some extra trinkets or baubles or something if you use an existing DD save with DA? I thought the saves were compatible. Now I'm confused.

the dlc includes... "owners of the original Dragon's Dogma will receive 100,000 Rift Crystals, unlimited Ferry stones and the Gransys Armor Pack consisting of six brand new costumes for free, upon purchasing Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen."

[quote name='xXTwilightXx']the dlc includes... "owners of the original Dragon's Dogma will receive 100,000 Rift Crystals, unlimited Ferry stones and the Gransys Armor Pack consisting of six brand new costumes for free, upon purchasing Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen."[/QUOTE]

Other sources I've read say you can transfer your characters and pawns over, and you'll be able to access the new content immediately, unlike those who buy DA for the first time.

Changed my mind after reading more about Dark Arisen. I have a lot of stuff to keep me occupied until Dark Arisen reaches a $25ish price point (like on BF this year).

[quote name='TotalHenshin']

Changed my mind after reading more about Dark Arisen. I have a lot of stuff to keep me occupied until Dark Arisen reaches a $25ish price point (like on BF this year).[/QUOTE]

ive been somewhat tracking sales on Dragons dogma and it rarely goes on sale and i wont be surprised if Dark arisen follows the same tracks. but if Dark arisen hits $25 from MSRP $40, that would be an insta buy for me

Dragons dogma offer wouldn't work automatically for me even though I have a reward zone and am unlocked. They were going to do it manually but they were also going to match targets buy 2 get 1. I was close to getting both but was ultimately shut down And had to choose one or the other.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Same for me; I never claimed the offer but when I used the link in the OP and added to cart, it just came up at $15. Ordered for store pickup. Thanks for the heads up htz![/QUOTE]

When did BB allow us to start using RZ offers online for in store pickup? I was so surprised when I just added the game into my cart and it showed up as $14.99. That is so awesome, now I don't have to worry about running to my local store before all copies are gone as usual.

[quote name='Motoki']Yeah I am kind of in the same boat. But don't you get some extra trinkets or baubles or something if you use an existing DD save with DA? I thought the saves were compatible. Now I'm confused.[/QUOTE]
I actually have no idea, which I am now desperately trying to find out. If the saves are not compatible then there is no point getting the vanilla IMO.

[quote name='MochaRaf']When did BB allow us to start using RZ offers online for in store pickup? I was so surprised when I just added the game into my cart and it showed up as $14.99. That is so awesome, now I don't have to worry about running to my local store before all copies are gone as usual.[/QUOTE]
It started today. :)

Well crap ordered this got all excited and then red all the comments about the expanded and improved edition. Guess I'll be returning this in store and waiting again.

[quote name='TooPoor']I actually have no idea, which I am now desperately trying to find out. If the saves are not compatible then there is no point getting the vanilla IMO.[/QUOTE]

Saves should be compatible.

From the amazon description of Dark Arisen:

"For those who already own Dragon's Dogma and then purchase Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, these improvements will be automatically retrofitted to their original game save data."

Man I'd love DD for $15 but it's just soooo hard to bite. It amazes me how DD is still $50 (50!!!!) when DA comes out next month and is only $40. I mean I guess you could look at it as $15 is less than half of $40 and the bulk of DA is really the original content anyway so...but still.

Question, how "open" does the game get? It it somewhere between something like Skyrim and Dark Souls, or is it more linear or...

To the "will it be compatible" comments, it SHOULD because in profiles it's already showing Dark Arisen when people play DD. When games are not compatible they show separate things completely (like Batman AA and Batman AA GOTY).

[quote name='MochaRaf']When did BB allow us to start using RZ offers online for in store pickup? I was so surprised when I just added the game into my cart and it showed up as $14.99. That is so awesome, now I don't have to worry about running to my local store before all copies are gone as usual.[/QUOTE]
That's awesome! I thought I was gonna have to run into the store AGAIN today. Just placed my order online.

Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='JKSonic']Man I'd love DD for $15 but it's just soooo hard to bite. It amazes me how DD is still $50 (50!!!!) when DA comes out next month and is only $40. I mean I guess you could look at it as $15 is less than half of $40 and the bulk of DA is really the original content anyway so...but still.

Question, how "open" does the game get? It it somewhere between something like Skyrim and Dark Souls, or is it more linear or...[/QUOTE]

It's pretty open from the beginning. I'd say it's similar to the openness of Dark Souls.

Also, I'd tell pretty much everyone to wait for Dark Arisen. Should be 20-30 by the summer.

[quote name='redmangoose']How good is the offer for Dragon's Dogma?
Is it something that's going to go OOS soon like the MGS HD Collection?[/QUOTE]
Went OOS for shipping... I would say yes if on fence but the new edition down the road...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back