My Best Buy GC Offers: $10 off Tales of Xillia, $30 off Rabbids Land Wii U, $30 off ESPN Sports Connection Wii U, $25 off Turtle Beach Marvel Headset

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Went in to Best Buy today and found a couple Metal Gear Rising CE guides. I usually have great luck at my BB and the employees are usually great and thought for sure I'd score a free guide, but unfortunately they wouldn't give or even sell it to me. Oh well.

[quote name='Vigilante']So I was browsing Amazon and found this page for the Animal Crossing: New Leaf guide: http://www.amazon.com/Animal-Crossing-Prima-Official-Guides/dp/0307897079/ref=pd_sim_sbs_b_1

It's more than 500 pages and currently preorderable at $13.49. :shock: Sure, AC isn't exactly the guide-requiring type of game, but that's kind of hard to pass up. I really hope BBY.com adds it within the next couple of days, as $10 would be an even better price point. :pray:[/QUOTE]

Hope Bestbuy lists it soon.

LOL, when I searched Scribblenauts and the results, I saw the price first, $29.99 and got super excited, but that was for the 3DS version. Wii U version appears to be at $49.99, so $30 for the title, I can wait..would have loved to pick something up for the Wii U though on the cheap.

I know we're all cheapasses here but if you have any intention of playing Fuse online coop, I'd recommend now sooner than later because the community won't last for any amount of time.

I'm not sure I'll be getting a PS4 right at launch, but I'm debating getting another year of PS+ at this price now that they've confirmed it will continue relatively the same.

so, with plus being required for online play i guess its safe to start stocking up, mine expires in january, might have to take advantage of this dea.

so, with plus being required for online play i guess its safe to start stocking up, mine expires in january, might have to take advantage of this dea.
not to mention you can start stocking up on PS4 games (assuming online redemption still works). Though it sounds like you are buying a PS4 at launch, so even more reason to stock up :D

It did mention ps+ is require for online play at ps4, but didn't quote ps3 in there. Wonder how it work? I assume there are still people playing ps3 this year and next year no matter how strong ps4 will be.

I'm also not a big mp kind of guy, I only spend lot of hours into mp when I found it interesting(unchart,ac II).

I was going to tack on a couple extras years after the announcement last night.  Unfortunately, it is only letting me get one with the discount online.

I was going to tack on a couple extras years after the announcement last night. Unfortunately, it is only letting me get one with the discount online.
If you process it as separate orders, it will allow you to get it again with the discount.

Update: I just ordered a second 1 year sub so I can confirm it works.

Am I the only person who can't get the PS Plus discount thing to work?  I want the $50 one, and it's supposed to be $10 off, right?  I made a Reward Zone membership (even though I think I already had one) and linked my accounts.  When I go to the linked page in the OP, I am already signed in, and it advertises get $10 off.  I click "sign in" (even though I'm already signed in) and it takes me to my RewardZone account page.  In the cart, it's still $50.  At checkout it's $50.  What am I doing wrong here and what kind of fricking university degree do I need to get to make this work?

Am I the only person who can't get the PS Plus discount thing to work? I want the $50 one, and it's supposed to be $10 off, right? I made a Reward Zone membership (even though I think I already had one) and linked my accounts. When I go to the linked page in the OP, I am already signed in, and it advertises get $10 off. I click "sign in" (even though I'm already signed in) and it takes me to my RewardZone account page. In the cart, it's still $50. At checkout it's $50. What am I doing wrong here and what kind of fricking university degree do I need to get to make this work?
Did you also sign up for gamer's club? If not, that is the problem I think.

ha that must be it!  I'll see if I can find it and sign up.  Thanks :)

Edit:  Well, I joined the Gamers Club thing too, as far as I can tell (is there some way to make sure?) and I'm still not getting the discount.  I feel like everyone gets this but me.

Edit again:  Got it to work now!  Not sure how! :)  Maybe I had to wait to be registered or something.  Works now.  Sorry for the ruckus!

If I buy a year psn card now would the free games work on a ps4? I don't currently have a ps3 but am ditching M$ at this point. I know disc based games don't work on ps4 but wasn't sure about psn.

Also for the free games if I lose my sub and then sign up again do I get access to my free games again or is it only if I keep the sub going indefinitely?

I was going to tack on a couple extras years after the announcement last night. Unfortunately, it is only letting me get one with the discount online.
If you process it as separate orders, it will allow you to get it again with the discount.

Update: I just ordered a second 1 year sub so I can confirm it works.
Thanks for this. I just ordered another year this morning. I think I'll stop now that I'll have a membership for about 3 years from now at this point :)

If I buy a year psn card now would the free games work on a ps4? I don't currently have a ps3 but am ditching M$ at this point. I know disc based games don't work on ps4 but wasn't sure about psn.

Also for the free games if I lose my sub and then sign up again do I get access to my free games again or is it only if I keep the sub going indefinitely?
I know that all PS3 games don't work on PS4 because they are both completely different hardware. Gaikai game streaming allows people to play PS3 games on their PS4. I wonder if free PSN+ games will be available to PSN+ users for free on Gaikai.

Regarding free games as long as you add them to your account when available, you can re-download them forever. You will need to have a subscription if you want to play the free games on PSN.

Bought a year since they're going to go up to $60/yr when the PS4 rolls out. My PS+ expires in December I believe, so good to buy now.

I'm already renewed on PS+ until July 2015, but I couldn't pass up this deal for $10 off another 12-month extension because:

1. It looks like the price for this service is going to slightly increase when the PS4 comes out

2. My existing PS+ subscription WILL transfer over to the PS4

3. I had $10 in Reward Zone coupons, so this only cost me $29.99

Bought a year since they're going to go up to $60/yr when the PS4 rolls out. My PS+ expires in December I believe, so good to buy now.
You got some sort of inside information about that price increase?
I heard that PS+ was going to be $5/month, I assumed that meant $60/year, but I guess they could keep selling the year cards for $10 less as an incentive to pay for the whole year at once.

e3live2013gametrailersc.png

$4.17/month for $49.99 a year currently.

$5/month for $60???

Even though the slide says "less than" $5 per month, I could see Sony doing exactly $5 a month in the future.

e3live2013gametrailersc.png

$4.17/month for $49.99 a year currently.

$5/month for $60???

Even though the slide says "less than" $5 per month, I could see Sony doing exactly $5 a month in the future.
They wouldn't do that (exactly $5 a month). Now they could make it 59.99 a year so that their marketing speak works. That 1/12th of a penny makes them not be liars. :)

I hope they don't increase it, but it would not surprise me. It is why I just ordered 2 more PSN cards since they were $40.

i would not be surprise if sony increase it to $60 a year, after seeing how successful/ profitable  the xbox live subscriptions to be. Sony will surely want a piece of that pie. At the end of day, they are still trying to make money.

I will believe it , when i see it. There wasn't any indication/ rumors of removing the free online multiplayer for the ps4 leading up to E3. Just look at now, PS + required to play online multiplayer.

I will believe it , when i see it. There wasn't any indication/ rumors of removing the free online multiplayer for the ps4 leading up to E3. Just look at now, PS + required to play online multiplayer. Until i see concrete proof, anything I read is smokes and mirrors., ONce/ after the ps4 release.

Looks like Best Buy's Pitch In Card program is being killed off:

Dear Customer,

MKT_WB_Spacer.gif

Our records show that you currently have or have previously had an active Best Buy® Pitch In Card. If you have an active account, please log in to www.BestBuy.comhttp://www.BestBuy.com or go to any U.S. Best Buy store to redeem the amount of your Pitch In Card.

MKT_WB_Spacer.gif

Effective July 16, 2013, Best Buy will no longer be offering the Pitch In program. How does this impact active Pitch In cards? Any funds that have been contributed to an existing Pitch In account will continue to have no expiration date. Existing funds will always be available for redemption at BestBuy.comhttp://BestBuy.com and at any U.S. Best Buy store in accordance with the terms and conditions on the Pitch In card or on the Pitch In card carrier. Customers will no longer be able to add money to an existing Pitch In account, nor will customers be able to create a new Pitch In account. If you have active account(s), you can access your account(s) by logging in to your BestBuy.com account here. If your Pitch In card has been lost, stolen or damaged, or if you have not received a Pitch In card associated with your active Pitch In account, please call 866-764-6979.

MKT_WB_Spacer.gif

We appreciate the opportunity to have served you through the Pitch In program and thank you for shopping with Best Buy.

MKT_WB_Spacer.gif

Lisa Smith

Vice President

Best Buy Customer Care

i would not be surprise if sony increase it to $60 a year, after seeing how successful/ profitable the xbox live subscriptions to be. Sony will surely want a piece of that pie. At the end of day, they are still trying to make money.
It's fine if they want $60msrp and be like Microsoft, but they need to be like Microsoft, let retailers/etailers lower the prices if they want. Xbox Live sub deals are plentiful, but PS+ are close to zero. I think this is the only legit deal ever since PS+ has started, not counting Target price/ad mistake and etc.

I know we're all cheapasses here but if you have any intention of playing Fuse online coop, I'd recommend now sooner than later because the community won't last for any amount of time.
Which is a shame because the game is actually fun. But yeah, the online community is drying up already. It was noticeably harder to find Echelon matches even over the past couple of days than it was the first week the game was out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back