My Best Buy GC Offers: $10 off Tales of Xillia, $30 off Rabbids Land Wii U, $30 off ESPN Sports Connection Wii U, $25 off Turtle Beach Marvel Headset

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Still not grasping Payday for $20. Online price shows $39.99 plus a $10 off promo. Is it ringing up as $29.99 in store and then you have them manually take off the $10?

$20 off a 32 GB card seems like a good deal, but the normal price is at $100. MSRP is $80. So it should be $60 after everything. Am I missing something?

Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price
Thanks for informing me of that obvious fact, Sir Hurp-a-lot. What I was wondering was if Best Buy was actually sleazy and stupid enough to raise the price of the memory cards by $20, then have a $20 off coupon. Guess I got my answer.

I have never heard of something so stupid. Hurry and go out of business, Best Worst Buy.

I never played any of the Payday games before...worth picking this up? $20 or less has me intrigued.
I'm waiting for it to drop a bit more, but that's just because of my crazy backlog.

I put a metric ass-ton of hours into the first Payday (PC)...simply loved it. It has a great community that is free from idiots and the game tends to have hidden/secret easter egg objectives during missions...like "Overdrill" (a hidden bank vault) in the original's bank heist. It takes forever to do, and you have to have a determined team...but the reward/payoff is huge! Tons of XP and gold.

Various ways to play the game. Run in guns blazing...or if you and friends have the patience...via stealthy tactics.

Plan on getting it during this years Steam Holiday Sale, and would like to get it on PS3 to get more of my friends into it. But yeah, it's a great game. Seen many playthrough videos and it seems really improved over the original.

Thanks for informing me of that obvious fact, Sir Hurp-a-lot. What I was wondering was if Best Buy was actually sleazy and stupid enough to raise the price of the memory cards by $20, then have a $20 off coupon. Guess I got my answer.

I have never heard of something so stupid. Hurry and go out of business, Best Worst Buy.
I agree, but i'd be willing to bet BB would adjust the original price down to at least the new retail (79.99), if not lower (like Newegg's 68.xx), then apply the coupon, if you try. Even Walmart has the 32gb at 79.96, so it should be easy to do, especially if you show BB evidence of the price drop. I already have one 32gb card, and I'd rather hold out for a good price on a 64gb card when those come out, otherwise I'd try it.

I agree, but i'd be willing to bet BB would adjust the original price down to at least the new retail (79.99), if not lower (like Newegg's 68.xx), then apply the coupon, if you try. Even Walmart has the 32gb at 79.96, so it should be easy to do, especially if you show BB evidence of the price drop. I already have one 32gb card, and I'd rather hold out for a good price on a 64gb card when those come out, otherwise I'd try it.
No issues when I did it. 48.99 for the 32gb memory card.

the coupon says limit 1 offer per gamers club membership. Any ever tried PS3 and 360 version on same transaction to get a discount on both games?

No issues when I did it. 48.99 for the 32gb memory card.
I did the same thing two days ago. I did it over the phone. I first had them price match it to Newegg for 68.99, then I said there was a 20 dollar coupon that could be applied. The guy on the phone had no problems doing it. I don't think he even knew what a vita was. I didn't risk in-store pickup, so I'm just having it shipped to my house instead for free.

I did the same thing two days ago. I did it over the phone. I first had them price match it to Newegg for 68.99, then I said there was a 20 dollar coupon that could be applied. The guy on the phone had no problems doing it. I don't think he even knew what a vita was. I didn't risk in-store pickup, so I'm just having it shipped to my house instead for free.
Just FYI if you do in store pickup the person at Best Buy can't do anything about a .com order. Everyone that got GTA 5 for $0.00 at Best Buy that did in store pick up didn't have any trouble or they didn't report on here or SD.

Yup, phone is the way to do it. I did pick mine up in store because I wanted the card before my new vita arrives today, but no issues thanks to taking care of it all on the phone prior.

48.99 is a great price for a 32gb memory card.  I have 73 digital games on my card, a mixture of all types, and its great to have those available to play anytime.  Granted some of those titles are smaller PSP games like Metal Slug, Shock Troopers, and other SNK arcade style games, but many are also larger PSP titles (500mb - 1gb+) like the Ys games ((Seven and Oath), Capcom Classics PSP 1 & 2, Untold Legends games, etc. and full blown Vita games as well.  Right now my big concern is the 100 app maximum (10 screens @ 10 games per screen), means I have to shuffle some of the smaller PSP digitals off the card occasionally; I hope Sony fixes that in an update in the near future.

Just FYI if you do in store pickup the person at Best Buy can't do anything about a .com order. Everyone that got GTA 5 for $0.00 at Best Buy that did in store pick up didn't have any trouble or they didn't report on here or SD.
Okay cool thanks. I'll do that next time..I was just slightly concerned because of what Maskim was saying a page back about how they cancelled the phone order in store and he had to bring in his case number, person he talked to, etc. to customer service in store during his pickup.

I was. They cancelled the phone order in store, but I had written down the number I called, who I spoke to, what time I spoke with them, that I was told that they'd honor the double dipping, and the "case number" in case they didn't honor it so I could call back. The guy working customer service didn't even clear it with a manager, he just cancelled the old order, and did a new order. Took a total of maybe 5 minutes in store.
So I thought it just might be easier to have it shipped to my house and not deal with Best Buy B&M CS

48.99 is a great price for a 32gb memory card. I have 73 digital games on my card, a mixture of all types, and its great to have those available to play anytime. Granted some of those titles are smaller PSP games like Metal Slug, Shock Troopers, and other SNK arcade style games, but many are also larger PSP titles (500mb - 1gb or more) and full blown Vita games as well. Right now my big concern is the 100 app maximum (10 screens @ 10 games per screen), means I have to shuffle some of the smaller PSP digitals off the card occasionally; I hope Sony fixes that in an update in the near future.
Wow....I can't wait to have that problem! I've been dealing with the space on my 8 GB card for too long, can't wait until I have to worry about 100 app limits. Seems like something that should be easy to fix for Sony

Okay cool thanks. I'll do that next time..I was just slightly concerned because of what Maskim was saying a page back about how they cancelled the phone order in store and he had to bring in his case number, person he talked to, etc. to customer service in store during his pickup.
I don't know that I needed all that information, as the best buy I go to is usually pretty good about stuff, but the one I used to go to would fight tooth and nail on anything, so I write everything down mostly from my past experiences with them. It didn't seem like I needed all that information so much as when he got that look like he was going to perhaps try to talk me into paying more, he read all the information I had written down, and just decided to go with it.

You can use a gift card on phone orders, right?  I'm considering the Vita memory card since I have to keep shuffling stuff on my 16Gb.

I went to today and got Payday 2 for $9.99. She couldn't figure out why it was already $10 off making it $29.99 so she told the Manager and he said just take $20 off $29.99

I went to today and got Payday 2 for $9.99. She couldn't figure out why it was already $10 off making it $29.99 so she told the Manager and he said just take $20 off $29.99
so did it just ring up $29.99 or did it drop after you entered your phone number?

so did it just ring up $29.99 or did it drop after you entered your phone number?
it dropped after I gave the my phone number. I then gave them the coupon and it wouldn't work because it automatically used it. She called the manager to tell him it wasn't working and he just told her take $20 off

i tried, but was told that the system wouldnt allow both'

edit: nvm, the 3rd rep finally was able to do it. Since the system automatically brings it down to $79.99 with the gamers club the price match has to be $20 less than the newegg price. He just price matched down to $48.99

hey guys... 32gb vita card is 64.99 online right now. so 44.99 after coupon. store pickup only.
Wow that's a fantastic deal, was holding out for a 64gb but couldn't wait, in for one! Thanks for the heads up handsomepete! :whee:

As a side note, I didn't have to do anything, the $20 off was already deducted from the price in my cart when I checked out, 44.99 plus tax, pick up in store! Great deal.

Thanks again for the heads-up, handsomepete--after tax and using a $5 GC from Shopkick (oh man, is that fun to use), I ended up paying $42.69, close enough to what AWD used cards were selling for that I'm very satisfied (and happy that I can stop stalking AWD now :razz:)!

Is this working in store as well? For the memory card deal. My store has then in stock but the store pick up is crossed out for all stores.

Man, everytime I see the 32GB card at a reasonable price, there is always something in my way.

I tried ordering it like 5 mins after the deal was posted, error. Webchat guy told me to order on phone, they redirect me to Gaming sales, nobody answers -_-

I'm gonna try to buy it in-store in a few

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back