My Best Buy GC Offers: $10 off Tales of Xillia, $30 off Rabbids Land Wii U, $30 off ESPN Sports Connection Wii U, $25 off Turtle Beach Marvel Headset

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Well since I can't get the preorder bonus on AC4 it's officially cheaper for me to go through Target anyway.  Even moreso since I have a 5% off shopping day coupon with them through their pharmacy rewards.  I'll just have to substitute Knack for NFS, and probably just order NFS from Amazon because I don't want to risk the others being sold out by launch day at Target (and I don't want to fight a crowd Friday morning to get it either).  

And Battlefield 4 PS4 is sold out online already...

Was looking forward to ordering 3 games online and not needing to go to a store this morning.

Bonus: For Gamers Club members games go straight into your cart at 20% off it looks like.  I just renewed (with coupon) yesterday and the games are showing up at $47.99 as soon as I add them.  That is surprisingly clean.

BF4, AC4, and NBA 2K14 are the only titles left that qualified for the $10 pre-order RZ Cert. BF4 and AC4 for PS4 are considered as released as of last Friday.
Are you positive? Go to http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Games-Promotions/Reward+Zone+Get+10/pcmcat308100050002.c?id=pcmcat308100050002&DCMP=rdr110323 and check the Game pickup deadlines link and it lists the specific dates that you need to pre-order by. BF4 and AC4 for ps4 is 11/19/13.

EDIT: NVM I see that bestbuy.com no longer lets you pre-order. I called up the reward phone number and the girl credited me with $30 since I pointed out that the promotion specifically has dates that have not yet passed making it impossible to take advantage of the deal

I wonder if the games have to picked up at the same time to get the $25 in bonus points? I have BF 4, and AC IV preordered along with NBA 2K14 on the same order for in-store pickup. Hoping I can still get the bonus by picking up the available games and just waiting until Friday for NBA 2K14.

May just wait anyway since they would hold the games for a week (11/8-11/15), so they will be on the same pickup slip. What the hell is the point of staggering releases to a system that is not even out yet?

I wonder if the games have to picked up at the same time to get the $25 in bonus points? I have BF 4, and AC IV preordered along with NBA 2K14 on the same order for in-store pickup. Hoping I can still get the bonus by picking up the available games and just waiting until Friday for NBA 2K14.

May just wait anyway since they would hold the games for a week (11/8-11/15), so they will be on the same pickup slip. What the hell is the point of staggering releases to a system that is not even out yet?
They have to be on same receipt. and when they finish game, they just ship. some places won't sell the game until launch since they can be assholes and some sell cuz they can.

Is it possible to get the 10 dollars from pre-ordering Battlefield 4, using our GC gamer reward program.

We can get three PS4 titles for 48 + 48 + 48 = 144. In theory we get 35 back from the promotion.

BF4, AC4, and NBA 2K14 are the only titles left that qualified for the $10 pre-order RZ Cert. BF4 and AC4 for PS4 are considered as released as of last Friday.
I can confirm this. I tried to pre-order Killzone, BF4 and AC4 yesterday and the pre-order cards told the cashier to ring it up as a sale. Ended up buying the games - didn't realize there was a $25 deal going the next day but it's pretty simple to return and rebuy.

So let me get this straight: Target and TRU are offering a deal that saves you $25-35 more than this BB, but you pay for a BB subscription while the TRU and Target deals require no paid membership. Can someone explain the logic of someone who pays $60/month for this?

I have Paper Mario in stock where I live. Anyone know if you can use the mystery reward certificate with this GC coupon?
I don't see why not--this isn't technically a "coupon", as the UPC just looks up your membership (you can accomplish the same thing by giving your phone #), and the mystery reward certificate is just like any other reward certificate, so you can use it on any purchase.

So let me get this straight: Target and TRU are offering a deal that saves you $25-35 more than this BB, but you pay for a BB subscription while the TRU and Target deals require no paid membership. Can someone explain the logic of someone who pays $60/month for this?
The deal is valuable to those already invested or intending to invest. It's not a deal to sign up for the full price strictly for this promotion, much like you wouldn't pay for a Costco membership solely to buy a cheaper gallon of milk.

Without coupons, but including card discounts (either GCU or red card) Target's deal is a net $5 cheaper for three $60 games. That obviously varies based on whether you have a coupon/certificate to apply, take advantage of the preorder rewards at either store, can wrangle a price match, or have existing credit that was gained at better than a $1=$1 exchange.

Also, I assume it was a typo, but to clarify: the full price of membership is $60 a year, not month.

^And I doubt anyone payed $120 for the two years. I feel safe to say that everyone that is going to be a member for the next two years payed $30 total. :D

Also picked up my 3 games today. Got my games and my second controller now. Just need the console.  :headache:

Perhaps the RZ is the greatest factor driving this behavior.

I like the accumulation of points in the loyalty program. Using their CC may also grant other special abilities.

How about convenience based on location? I know TRU had cut back on their B&M spots through the years.

Staff can also play a factor. Some stores might have better trained employees to facilitate smooth transactions. Less hassle is awesome!

And let's not forget customer loyalty. This does still exist. Price is not always the driving force in every purchase.

Just a few ideas of the top of my head as I sit on this seemingly endless bus ride.

I'm also on the train of people jumping from Target to BBY w/ GCU for my PS4 games.  I truthfully would've rather had the instant discount plus 5% off with redcard @ Target, but the $10 BBY GC that was emailed, along with having extras of a few $18 WM games that get $40 @ BBY made me go with BBY.

Anyone try buying Paper Mario in-store yet and see if Gamer's Club unlocked 20% stacks with the coupon?  I tried it going through the checkout online, but only the 70% off coupon applied.

My BBY price matched Target just fine. They already knew about what me and another CAG was doing. They had every game available for sale!:

-Killzone: Shadowfall
-Knack
-Call of Duty: Ghosts
-Battlefield 4
-Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
-Fifa 14
-Madden 25
-Injustice: GOTY
-Lego Marvel

I ended up grabbing the first three on the list. Manager wouldn't let me double dip with the GCU discount but not too shabby. They pro-rated two games to $30 so I'll exchange the non-pro rated one for an Xbox One game. From what I understand I'll still receive the $25 GC right?

The coupon in store was not working. It made the game $86.79. After 20 minutes, they gave it to me for $6.99 ($5 mystery coupon included) and I walked out paying $7.57 with tax. Best part was since the system was all screwy, they manually entered the price and never scanned my mystery coupon. So I still have a 5 buck mystery certificate to use.

Has anyone successfully price matched Amazon/Target promo's over the phone? I ordered the 3 games on BBY before i caught wind of both promos. Any suggestions how to go about the call? Thanks!

Anyone in AZ able to price match Target?

Would be sweet to get this

3x $48 - GCU discount

$144

1 free from price match

$96

$25 rewards from buying 3

Would mean each game is around $23 plus tax.

-Walk in
-No employee near the video game aisle (shocker)
-Walk to the phone section and find someone
-He gets me Paper Mario: SS
-I have the 70% off coupon + $5 certificate I want to use
-70% coupon somehow duplicates the price, manager gets called, etc
-Wait there for 25 minutes
-They decide to manually override it and it comes out to $12.96
-Can't use MY certificate because THEY had a glitch
-WELL YOU CAN GET A SODA AND CANDY

What the fuck? I wait there for nearly half an hour and I can't use my certificate because of YOUR glitch? Where can I call and complain?

-Walk in

What the fuck? I wait there for nearly half an hour and I can't use my certificate because of YOUR glitch? Where can I call and complain?

They should have allowed you to use your $5 RZ Certificate since your product price before tax was over $5. RZ Certificate can be used with any offer including pricing errors. I would called 1888 BestBuy before leaving the store.

Anyone use the buy3 deal yet? My transaction list isn't showing the points.
You won't see it list an item in the transaction and you won't see the 1250 points pending. When the transaction clears the points will show up as part of the total points then. If they don't show the transaction clears and you did buy all 3 qualifying titles in the same transaction you will need to contact BBY directly. But again wait until the transaction clears.

-Walk in

The "70% off" isn't a coupon, per se--it just looks up your myBestBuy membership. If you just provided your phone number before the employee scanned PM:SS, the 70% should have appeared automatically once the employee totaled everything out.

-Walk in

Samething happened to me on Sunday. After 20 minutes they manually overrode the price to $6.99. Best part was my $5 mystery certificate was never officially used, so I can still use it for something else.

The same thing happen to me for  Paper Mario. I left and ordered it online for instore pick up. So I recommend doing an instore pickup online and apply your member id and certificates at checkout. You might be able to just have it shipped as well even through it says instore only. 

Some important information relating to the Buy 3 Get $25 reward cert. promo for PS4 and Xbox One.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/My-Best-Buy-Gamers-Club/3-Game-25-Rewards-Promotion/m-p/730629/highlight/true#M11617

Hey all,

Posted on the Best Buy Unboxed forums regarding the PS4 version of this offer but same rules will apply for Xbox One. And of course make sure to have your MyBestBuy member number linked to your bestbuy.com account or make sure they have your correct MyBestBuy member number for instore purchases.

Changes/clarifications below:

1) Because a bunch of ship dates moved up, any purchases of Xbox One games between 11/4/13 and 11/23/13 will be qualifying purchases. If you preordered, all good. The award is based upon you picking up the games or when the ship to you.
2) Because of that, they don't need to be on the same transaction. Just three within those dates and the games have to be picked up (meaning released) by 11/23/13. Meaning a preorder of a title coming out after that would not be included. NO NEED TO RETURN OR CANCEL ORDERS AND REBUY.
3) ALL Xbox One games will be eligible. Just did the same for PS4.
4) One offer per customer. Means you could do one for PS4 games and one for Xbox One games. But if you buy 6 Xbox One games, you'll only get one $25 award.
5) Award will show up in your account roughly 15 days after the end of the promotion.
6) If you did the "Get $10" preorder offer (preorder select titles and then pick up within 8 days of when they release), you'll get $10 per title on that. Only caveat is that is one award per title, meaning if you already got this when you bought a different version of an eligible title, you'll only get one $10 award.
7) And again, because of the ship date changes on PS4 and Xbox One titles, they pickup window has been extended on titles that released in November to 11/23/13 for PS4 games in the offer and 11/30/13 for Xbox One games. Basically saying you won't have the system until 11/15 on PS4 or 11/22 on Xbox One. Why should you have to pick up your games before then? The $10 award will show up roughly 15 days AFTER the 11/23/13 and 11/30/13 dates.
8) Assassin's Creed IV, Battlefield 4, Call of Duty Ghosts, FIFA 14, Madden 25 and NBA 2K14 still available to preorder ONLINE. But do it fast before they release. Future titles for this offer (preorder and purchase week one) include: Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny, Dying Light and Watchdogs.
9) Yes, these all combine with the 20% off new games for Unlocked members.

Did I miss anything?

Hm, might do Ghosts/Battlefield/Madden online to get the $10 bonus, $25 for three, and 20% off.

I went to BestBuy tonight to do pre-orders for Assassin's Creed IV, NBA 2k14 and FIFA 14. There were no pre-order cards available for FIFA 14, and the pre-order kiosk wouldn't let me search for it (even though FIFA 14 shows up in the search results, clicking on it says "no results found"). I grabbed a Madden 14 pre-order card instead. When I tried to checkout, the Madden and NBA cards would not let me pre-order them. The cashier said they must've reached their limit on the number of pre-orders they can take for these games. The only one I could do is AC4 :(  So much for getting the $10 rewards on 3 games in addition to the $25 rewards.

I went to BestBuy tonight to do pre-orders for Assassin's Creed IV, NBA 2k14 and FIFA 14. There were no pre-order cards available for FIFA 14, and the pre-order kiosk wouldn't let me search for it (even though FIFA 14 shows up in the search results, clicking on it says "no results found"). I grabbed a Madden 14 pre-order card instead. When I tried to checkout, the Madden and NBA cards would not let me pre-order them. The cashier said they must've reached their limit on the number of pre-orders they can take for these games. The only one I could do is AC4 :( So much for getting the $10 rewards on 3 games in addition to the $25 rewards.
can you pre-order them online for pick-up?

The same thing happen to me for Paper Mario. I left and ordered it online for instore pick up. So I recommend doing an instore pickup online and apply your member id and certificates at checkout. You might be able to just have it shipped as well even through it says instore only.
I think I'll just do this then! They don't charge your card until you actually pick it up?

Some important information relating to the Buy 3 Get $25 reward cert. promo for PS4 and Xbox One.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/My-Best-Buy-Gamers-Club/3-Game-25-Rewards-Promotion/m-p/730629/highlight/true#M11617
So let me make sure I understand this. I bought Killzone and Assassin's creed on Sunday, then went back on Tuesday and got Injustice (they couldn't find it on Sunday). I should get a $25 reward cert? I have no faith that this will actually happen without me calling, but its nice to see them trying to make this right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back