My Big Daddy (BIOSHOCK) sculpture

iRandom

CAGiversary!
Feedback
271 (100%)
Fist off, if this doesnt belong here, then Im sorry, although I think it does seeing that this forum is about 'lifestyle' and a place for offtopic discussions, so with that said, I present you my sculpture of the Big Daddy from the game BIOSHOCK...please dont post this at other sites and claim it as your own

Okay, a little intro about myself...Im 18, a senior in High School, Im currently taking Ceramics Sculpture, Im a guy, Im known as RandomCTG at other sites I visit..so yeah...
Also keep in mind that Im still working on it
And I have just made some further sculpting on it because it was a minimum day over at my school, so Ill be posting new pics of that sometime this friday...so stay tuned :)

XBox forum: http://forums.xbox.com/19906243/ShowPost.aspx
Destructoid: http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/RandomCTG/my-big-daddy-sculpture--88432.phtml
2k forums: http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17279
Gamespot: http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26411424

With that said, here's pics of it at various stages

new pics with the ribbon :D

school16.jpg

school12.jpg

school13.jpg

school14.jpg

school15.jpg

FINALLY FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ill be upadting it with more pics

bd_sho12.jpg

bd_sho10.jpg

bd_sho11.jpg

NEW pics with paint!

big_da19.jpg

big_da20.jpg

big_da21.jpg

big_da22.jpg

big_da23.jpg

big_da24.jpg

NEW PICS....just got fired

big_da10.jpg

big_da11.jpg

big_da12.jpg

big_da13.jpg

big_da14.jpg

big_da15.jpg

big_da16.jpg

big_da17.jpg

big_da18.jpg

NEW PICS!
here it is in 90% completion :)

biosho21.jpg

biosho15.jpg

biosho16.jpg

biosho17.jpg

biosho18.jpg

biosho19.jpg

biosho20.jpg

biosho22.jpg

biosho24.jpg

biosho25.jpg

biosho26.jpg

biosho27.jpg

biosho28.jpg

Some sketches Ive made

biosho11.jpg

biosho10.jpg

biosho12.jpg

biosho13.jpg

biosho14.jpg

UPDATED pics

art_0011.jpg

art_0012.jpg

art_0013.jpg

art_0014.jpg

art_0015.jpg

art_0016.jpg

art_0017.jpg

early stage pics

bio_0010.jpg

bio_0011.jpg

bio_0012.jpg

bio_0013.jpg

bio_0014.jpg

wow man, thats wayyyyyy better then I could ever do. Looks pretty good. This picture reminds me of something, but I just cant seem to put my mouth on it.

bio_0013.jpg

All joking aside, can't wait to see the final product.

I know exactly what you mean, I mean many people I know as well as from other sites that Ive posted this in, also mentioned that...the 'head' but thats all about to change after I post the recent changes Ive made to the sculpture.....thanks

What are you sculpting it with?

His closed hand looks off. I would of stuck with the pose you had in the sketches, little more dynamic. Being you used so many rounded shapes it makes him look safer, more playskool than M video game. Give him some texture and he does have metal on him so he will have some sharp edges.

Keep pushing it, get out of your comfort zone. Nice work so far.

[quote name='Lice']What are you sculpting it with?

His closed hand looks off. I would of stuck with the pose you had in the sketches, little more dynamic. Being you used so many rounded shapes it makes him look safer, more playskool than M video game. Give him some texture and he does have metal on him so he will have some sharp edges.

Keep pushing it, get out of your comfort zone. Nice work so far.[/quote]

clay.....thats all I know because its what we have over at my school

Not bad (better than I could ever do) but it needs a little something more. Here are some additional reference pics in case you are feeling meticulous.

bioshock-20070808000445281-000.jpg

bioshock-20070808000446187-000.jpg

[quote name='daphatty']Not bad (better than I could ever do) but it needs a little something more. Here are some additional reference pics in case you are feeling meticulous.

bioshock-20070808000445281-000.jpg

bioshock-20070808000446187-000.jpg
[/quote]

Thanks...Ive actually used those and some other pics as reference for this project...Ill see if I can add some more details on it.

And thank you all for the great comments
I appreciate it :)

Why did you switch the drill from his right arm (which is correct) in the drawings to the left arm? Curious...but tagged for final product

[quote name='crushtopher']Why did you switch the drill from his right arm (which is correct) in the drawings to the left arm? Curious...but tagged for final product[/quote]

Dont really have a definite answer to that....just did it that way I guess

[quote name='Maklershed']^ That chick is hot. She looks like Starbuck. :drool:[/QUOTE]

I'd let her smack me.

Oh yeah, nice sculpture man.

Awesome. I looked at the pics real quick before I read your post, and thought you had an unpainted official prototype figure there. I think that says everything of your sculpt's quality, IMO =)

Very impressive, Random, especially the smooth lines and proportions. Also, nice job with the feet. Your ability to do feet in your medium already puts you ahead of Rob Liefeld. ;):D

[quote name='chasemurata']Very impressive, Random, especially the smooth lines and proportions. Also, nice job with the feet. Your ability to do feet in your medium already puts you ahead of Rob Liefeld. ;):D[/quote]

if you have any sense of anatomy whatsoever, you are more capable than rob. seriously.

That's a very nice job, very nice.

And my screen name isn't based on it, it's some crazy nickname I got years ago long before the game came out.

It is definitely a nice sculpture, but im not sure about the paint job.

Send this in to Kotaku, too. I bet it will make a newsheadline.

Thanks guys. I appreciate the great comments.
And help, what is kotaku? Id like it to make headline, just don't quite know how to make it happen though

bread's done
Back