My Coke Rewards is dead, long live Coke Rewards. Or not.

Yeah, if they want to continue promoting this thing they need a serious restock of decent stuff. Of course the $75 Blockbuster cards for 750 points would be best, but I'd probably bite on some top of the line games for 1500 or so if they would just bring them back. 6-8 months ago they had some good Wii games (Super Paper Mario, Twilight Princess, etc) but of course I already had those. I'm hoping for stuff like Orange Box or Burnout Paradise for the 360 (since they've also had other 360 games). I'd still prefer the gift cards though since I can use those at certain Blockbusters to get the big releases for just the equivalent of 500-600 points.

Linkin's problem reminded me to put some points in today though - gotta keep pumping them in there every so often. I'd hate to lose my 1500 ;).

How do you guys get so many points?????? I'd be all over that Tv in a heartbeat, gotta be ready for Super Smash Bros. Brawl!
I'm only at 518 points though, I don't even know why I bother.

[quote name='io']Yeah, if they want to continue promoting this thing they need a serious restock of decent stuff. Of course the $75 Blockbuster cards for 750 points would be best, but I'd probably bite on some top of the line games for 1500 or so if they would just bring them back. 6-8 months ago they had some good Wii games (Super Paper Mario, Twilight Princess, etc) but of course I already had those. I'm hoping for stuff like Orange Box or Burnout Paradise for the 360 (since they've also had other 360 games). I'd still prefer the gift cards though since I can use those at certain Blockbusters to get the big releases for just the equivalent of 500-600 points.

Linkin's problem reminded me to put some points in today though - gotta keep pumping them in there every so often. I'd hate to lose my 1500 ;).[/quote]

Yeah the prizes have been awfully quiet since the program was extended, a little too quiet. You have to enter at least one code every 90 days or you lose your balance according to the terms.

I've still got all but one of my BB giftcards. I've been debating on getting Rock Band but I've already got enough stuff backlogged to play. With all of the trouble io and other have had with BB for trade ins I wonder what they'll do if I whip out 20 $15 gift cards to pay for a high dollar item like a console?
I can see it now

"Where did you get all of those gift cards? They must be stolen.Sorry we can't accept them."

Chances are they're not updating any prizes in the hopes people think the program ended, subsequently forget to put in any codes for the first 90 days of the year, losing their balance. This would help Coke cut out the number of users with massive point totals down somewhat for the new year.

After this Coke could update the website, bring a strong new advertising campaign, and get people reinvigorated with the rewards program going into the spring or even as early as late winter.

With Pepsi launching nearly an identical campaign, I don't see Coke dropping rewards after extending the program a year due to success.

[quote name='rywateska']Chances are they're not updating any prizes in the hopes people think the program ended....[/quote]
They did send out a "reminder" message along the lines of "we are still here," but I wouldn't be surprised if that is another trick to make people give up when they look at the low & lame remaining stock..

Also for those who say they are having trouble entering codes on their site, GET THE YAHOO WIDGET(Not sure what version this is, but READ note below)! Man, using that sure beats using their BLOATED Flash based site.

NOTE: I read on Yahoo's widget page that some people are having problems with the newer version(I'm assuming that this is the official new one, the old one was a no thrills square box that had minor issues registering "submit"), so if you have the old one you might want to hold off updating.

I think I have 600 points, thanks to that double day, and now I am stocking up to 10 Dastini codes for the next one. And to be sure my account doesn't die, I'll be entering at least one 3 point cap a month because they are usually easy to find laying around...

When I finally decided to just spend my ~500 pts at the time, I chose the Coke carry cooler. I could have put that to good use.
But no, they emailed back saying that product was recalled for some reason and they refunded my points.
Of course now its all just garbage. Ugh.

There's a contest to win a Wii, if you guys want to pour points into that.

This is a very good sign; it means Nintendo is still on board with Coca-Cola. This means possible free Wii games. Maybe even... *gasp* SSBB? I hope to God SSBB is listed.

I find it hard to complain, given that I managed to swing a PS2 from the SonyStyle store last year. But I do feel dumb for not picking up one of the Wii games when they had them. Now I have a Wii, but there's nothing good on the coke website. Pushing 2K points now...

[quote name='sp00ge']I just use it for Free Game rentals. I drink Powerade all the time anyways, so this is a bonus for me.[/quote]

I'm right there with ya man. I drink powerade often too.

[quote name='ma']I find it hard to complain, given that I managed to swing a PS2 from the SonyStyle store last year. But I do feel dumb for not picking up one of the Wii games when they had them. Now I have a Wii, but there's nothing good on the coke website. Pushing 2K points now...[/QUOTE]
2k points = 25 game rentals at BlockBuster. Wii games can be kept for 12 days without incurring any charges, and can be kept for a month longer if you are willing to take the initial charge on your credit card of the value of your game, which you will get all but $1.25 back if you return it within a month.

I've been a Coke Rewards member for a few years and they always have lull periods. Give them a month or so and there will be some new stuff.

Every once in a while they have Simon gift cards. They are virtual gift cards and somewhat annoying to use. You have to use the exact amount to get the most out of them because they act like a virtual debit or credit card. It is hard to find sites that will take more than one credit card (if you want to go over the amount on your Simon card). BUT, some places (Circuit City and Best Buy) will let you buy gift cards and get shipping for free. Then whatever amount your Simon card is you can get for a different store and then you can use that new gift card with your credit card. I hope all that makes sense!

Dammit! Everytime this thread gets bumped I keep thinking it's to report new prizes. C'mon Coke get with it. Post some new prizes!

yeah yeah do you think simon cards will be back on? i was saving up for one of them and i finally got enough points and it's gone :[

[quote name='Q4inn']yeah yeah do you think simon cards will be back on? i was saving up for one of them and i finally got enough points and it's gone :[[/quote]

I'm pretty sure those and the BB gift cards will eventually be back.

The new 24 packs with the NASCAR stuff on it is worth 50 points. And if you have a Ralphs by you the 24 packs are on sale this week - $12 for 3 of the 24 packs... not bad.

Also at Kroger (in SE Michigan) 24 packs are 4.99 each, or 3.99 if you buy a bunch of crap with them. But these packs are worth 50 points as well.

I have a question for the veterans of my coke rewards:

When prizes come back are they normally the same value?

For example $75 Blockbuster gift cards were valued at 750 points.

just wondering because I actually got my heart set on getting those gift cards if they ever come back in stock.

[quote name='DarkKenpachi']I have a question for the veterans of my coke rewards:

When prizes come back are they normally the same value?

For example $75 Blockbuster gift cards were valued at 750 points.

just wondering because I actually got my heart set on getting those gift cards if they ever come back in stock.[/QUOTE]

Those are the exception. The 2 times they have been available they have been the same. They also had $100 GC for 1000 points the first time too... But every other prize seems to get jacked up. I think some of the Nintendo Wii games were 1000-1250 when they were first up. Then they had bargain-bin 360 games for 1500 points (which still sold out). The Blockbuster movie and game rentals got jacked up at least once. And I think they had $50 Best Buy cards for 1000 points once, and then they were 1250 or 1500 later. Not to mention that REALLY early on (before I even got into it) they had things like PS2's and PSP's for under 1000 points. I certainly wouldn't expect to see a return of those. I'm just hoping for the Blockbuster GCs like everyone else. My little local Blockbuster (which is not a GR store and sells no new games like some other non-GR Blockbusters do) actually had a poster up advertizing preorders for Super Smash Brothers Brawl. Needless to say I dropped one of those as soon as I saw it. Converting $50 of my $225 in free Blockbuster gift cards into an actual AAA game is a no-brainer. Hopefully they will do more of that.

The one thing getting all this Blockbuster credit (for free from Coke) has allowed me to do is stay out of the Blockbuster credit-flipping game that everyone in the Gamerush thread is playing. It is getting out of hand in there ;). I still have $300 or so left over from that sort of thing and then about $150 in Coke BB credit also still sitting around (I bought a 1600 point card in VA when I was there last week using the Coke $15 GCs and a few miscellaneous things here and there).

Man the prize selection on the site is PATHETIC right now. I love how they try and trick you into throwing away all of your points for a chance to win prizes like a Wii.

I was coming home from work Saturday night and I was passing a ball park on my way. I decided to go in and see if I could find any caps and ended up finding 20. Not bad if you don't mind pulling them out of the trash.:lol: I only took ones on the top. I wasn't digging through the garbage like a raccoon. I think I'll start going by at night after the ball games and see what I can come up with. No shame in my game.

[quote name='io']Those are the exception. The 2 times they have been available they have been the same. They also had $100 GC for 1000 points the first time too... But every other prize seems to get jacked up. I think some of the Nintendo Wii games were 1000-1250 when they were first up. Then they had bargain-bin 360 games for 1500 points (which still sold out). The Blockbuster movie and game rentals got jacked up at least once. And I think they had $50 Best Buy cards for 1000 points once, and then they were 1250 or 1500 later. Not to mention that REALLY early on (before I even got into it) they had things like PS2's and PSP's for under 1000 points. I certainly wouldn't expect to see a return of those. I'm just hoping for the Blockbuster GCs like everyone else. My little local Blockbuster (which is not a GR store and sells no new games like some other non-GR Blockbusters do) actually had a poster up advertizing preorders for Super Smash Brothers Brawl. Needless to say I dropped one of those as soon as I saw it. Converting $50 of my $225 in free Blockbuster gift cards into an actual AAA game is a no-brainer. Hopefully they will do more of that.

The one thing getting all this Blockbuster credit (for free from Coke) has allowed me to do is stay out of the Blockbuster credit-flipping game that everyone in the Gamerush thread is playing. It is getting out of hand in there ;). I still have $300 or so left over from that sort of thing and then about $150 in Coke BB credit also still sitting around (I bought a 1600 point card in VA when I was there last week using the Coke $15 GCs and a few miscellaneous things here and there).[/quote]

I really hope they come back now since you said they use to have $100 for 1000. I have to step my game up and pull down another 360 in points to be ready if that happens. Looks like I will really be trash picking now. lol :applause: I really want rock band for ps3 and if coke and blockbuster want to give it to me then I have to scrounge around and get it.

This Pepsistuff thing is taking away from my cokes as I am conflicted on what to buy these days.:roll:

[quote name='neocisco']I was coming home from work Saturday night and I was passing a ball park on my way. I decided to go in and see if I could find any caps and ended up finding 20. Not bad if you don't mind pulling them out of the trash.:lol: I only took ones on the top. I wasn't digging through the garbage like a raccoon. I think I'll start going by at night after the ball games and see what I can come up with. No shame in my game.[/quote]

lol...when i am on a walking mail route, i usually see the box lids laying around and i always pick them up...

I haven't paid any attention to the Pepsi stuff - what kind of prizes do they have? I may not get involved there since I prefer Coke anyway but the one good thing about it is that maybe it will pressure Coke into keeping the program going and adding some better prizes.

Funny thing - last week I had to travel to my company's DC office (which by default is my "home" office even though I live on the other side of the country) for the first time in over a year. They buy liter bottles and 12-packs for meetings and such and JUST THROW IT ALL AWAY! I couldn't believe it - I'd clean up on points if I worked out of that office :lol:. As it was I picked up about 50-60 points just in the 4 days I was there.

[quote name='io']I haven't paid any attention to the Pepsi stuff - what kind of prizes do they have? I may not get involved there since I prefer Coke anyway but the one good thing about it is that maybe it will pressure Coke into keeping the program going and adding some better prizes.

Funny thing - last week I had to travel to my company's DC office (which by default is my "home" office even though I live on the other side of the country) for the first time in over a year. They buy liter bottles and 12-packs for meetings and such and JUST THROW IT ALL AWAY! I couldn't believe it - I'd clean up on points if I worked out of that office :lol:. As it was I picked up about 50-60 points just in the 4 days I was there.[/quote]

I got an invite e-mail from Pepsi the other day with a free code so I signed up. The prizes are MP3s, clock radios, and a few accessories like headphones. At least that's what I saw during the few minutes I looked around. All of the prizes are things that amazon sells. On the product page it tells you the price or gives you an option to purchase it using x number of points.

I don't know enough Pepsi drinkers so I probably won't do much with it. It does give me something to look for when I go recycling bin diving in the neighborhood (our area has curbside recycling pickup on trash day. There's always 12 and 24 packs sticking out of the blue recycling bins).

I haven't looked either, but the Super Bowl commercial showed the dad winning a plasma tv. Also, so far I've only seen points on Pepsi, MAX, caffeine free, diet, etc and not on Mountain Dew, Dr Pepper, all of the other Pepsi produced drinks like Coke does. If points were on Mountain Dew I'd have a plasma in two months.

[quote name='Chitown021']I got an invite e-mail from Pepsi the other day with a free code so I signed up. The prizes are MP3s, clock radios, and a few accessories like headphones. At least that's what I saw during the few minutes I looked around. All of the prizes are things that amazon sells. On the product page it tells you the price or gives you an option to purchase it using x number of points.

I don't know enough Pepsi drinkers so I probably won't do much with it. It does give me something to look for when I go recycling bin diving in the neighborhood (our area has curbside recycling pickup on trash day. There's always 12 and 24 packs sticking out of the blue recycling bins).[/quote]

Pepsi is not bad, but my main focus is still on coke products. But I know a few pepsi drinkers so I will be able to snag a dvd and cd soon enough. 60 points for a cd and 90 points for a dvd. can't beat that and they have some good stuff on there. the box sets are the same values as the normal cds and dvds so it is a value. I am shooting for the complete voltron set. I figure I will have collected 450 points by november when it ends. It is just a matter of staying focused on it and coke as well.

Though I wish I knew places to find lots of caps and box tops at though. I grab whatever I see laying around in the dumpster at my apartment building and at work. I should start asking people for the points on the bottom of the box when they buy them at sams club. lol

Yea, I am really worried about what is going to happen when the good prizes do return. Most people I know are hoarding the points waiting on the good stuff to comeback. I am afraid a BB GC wouldn't last 5 minutes once/if they return.

Also, does anyone know of an email address with coke or the rewards processing company that we could spam to get some new prizes? If so please post for us.

What are the points for each type of packaging? io, once they're posted it'd be great if you would add them to the OP plus change the title of the thread. It's seriously out of date. Thanks.

[quote name='neocisco']What are the points for each type of packaging? io, once they're posted it'd be great if you would add them to the OP plus change the title of the thread. It's seriously out of date. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I'd love to but I can't. I certainly would have eliminated that 1/4/2008 thing by now ;). You'll have to ask Foladar to do it. Or if the OP isn't around any more any of us could just make a new thread.

Anyway, here's what I know:

- From 20 oz to 2 liter bottles: all codes are for 3 points.
- Standard 12-packs are 10 points
- Standard 24-packs are 20 points
- Costco 32-packs (these consist of 4 8-packs, strangely enough, wrapped in plastic with a code on the plastic): 25 points

I have an idea. On Sundays we should post what stores have the best deal on Coke products so those wanting more pop will know where to go to maximize their point potential. Maybe something like this:

Kroger 12-pack $X.XX
Safeway 2 liter $X.XX
Harris Teeter 24-pack $X.XX

For those with Sam's/Costco/BJ's memberships it would be especially helpful to post finds since they don't do ads.

BTW, has anyone ever seen Mello Yello with codes? I was in Kroger tonight and noticed the MY 12-packs didn't have the Coke Rewards labels on them. I don't drink it but I thought for sure Coke owned MY. If Coke would put codes on Dasani I'd probably have double my current points with all of the Dasani bottles I find.

[quote name='neocisco']I have an idea. On Sundays we should post what stores have the best deal on Coke products so those wanting more pop will know where to go to maximize their point potential. Maybe something like this:

Kroger 12-pack $X.XX
Safeway 2 liter $X.XX
Harris Teeter 24-pack $X.XX

For those with Sam's/Costco/BJ's memberships it would be especially helpful to post finds since they don't do ads.

BTW, has anyone ever seen Mello Yello with codes? I was in Kroger tonight and noticed the MY 12-packs didn't have the Coke Rewards labels on them. I don't drink it but I thought for sure Coke owned MY. If Coke would put codes on Dasani I'd probably have double my current points with all of the Dasani bottles I find.[/quote]
In this area at least, grocery ads come out on tuesdasy and go into effect on Weds. We could also include walmart, walgreens, longs, rite aid, etc.

[quote name='UltimoRey']In this area at least, grocery ads come out on tuesdasy and go into effect on Weds. We could also include walmart, walgreens, longs, rite aid, etc.[/quote]

Definitely. Any store that has them on sale should be posted, along with dates if they don't run the traditional Sunday-Saturday.

Well, the Costco packs are never going to be on sale since they don't do that. Basically, though, when Target doesn't have them for $3 or less, I will get them at Costco. They recently jacked up the price so they are $8.69 now (used to be $7.99). That comes out to $3.26 per 12-pack ;). I use that as a baseline for any other sales since I can get unlimited quantites at that price.

Also, while it is nice to know when Target and the like will have sales, the prices will vary by region (unlike the video game part of the ad).

[quote name='neocisco']Definitely. Any store that has them on sale should be posted, along with dates if they don't run the traditional Sunday-Saturday.[/QUOTE]

I think thats a great idea.

Right now kroger has 12 pks 4 for $11.00 till sunday. Starting this sunday powerade 32 oz will be .69 .
The best way to rack up points is when you see the coke guy filling the vendors,I have racked up plenty of points that way.:applause:

I don't buy the 12 packs unless I can get at least a 3 for $10 deal. Around me it seems like Target, Wal-Mart, CVS, and Walgreen's alternate between having Pepsi and Coke 12 packs on sale each week. Every so ofter QuikTrip will even have them on sale.

[quote name='Chitown021']I don't buy the 12 packs unless I can get at least a 3 for $10 deal. Around me it seems like Target, Wal-Mart, CVS, and Walgreen's alternate between having Pepsi and Coke 12 packs on sale each week. Every so ofter QuikTrip will even have them on sale.[/quote]

If you're near a Kroger they're 4 for $11 this week.

bread's done
Back