My Coke Rewards is dead, long live Coke Rewards. Or not.

[quote name='neocisco']If you're near a Kroger they're 4 for $11 this week.[/quote]

Damn, there's no Kroger's in the Kansas City area. I'm not sure we have any in the state of Missouri.

[quote name='Chitown021']I don't buy the 12 packs unless I can get at least a 3 for $10 deal. Around me it seems like Target, Wal-Mart, CVS, and Walgreen's alternate between having Pepsi and Coke 12 packs on sale each week. Every so ofter QuikTrip will even have them on sale.[/quote]

ShopRites and A&Ps have 4 for $10 sales often. That's the only time my family ever buys Soda cause no one in my house likes drinking out of bottles. Cans only XD.

Can someone shed more light to me on the bonus points that get printed out from supermarkets(50 to 150 points on the receipts from what I understand) when you buy a certain amount of things? Because I hear of stories of them printing up on your receipt but I have never heard anything like that here in Philadelphia.

So if anyone knows of these specials can they post them please?

[quote name='Chitown021']Damn, there's no Kroger's in the Kansas City area. I'm not sure we have any in the state of Missouri.[/quote]

Check Dillon's. I'm pretty sure they're owned by Kroger.

[quote name='neocisco']Check Dillon's. I'm pretty sure they're owned by Kroger.[/quote]

I'm not sure if we have any Dillion's either. Our major grocery chains are Hy-Vee, Price Chopper, Food Festival, Hen House, and IGA. Generally one of the stores has a deal on Coke each week.

[quote name='Chitown021']I'm not sure if we have any Dillion's either. Our major grocery chains are Hy-Vee, Price Chopper, Food Festival, Hen House, and IGA. Generally one of the stores has a deal on Coke each week.[/quote]

pretty sure hyvee has coke 4 for 11 this week

[quote name='neocisco']I have an idea. On Sundays we should post what stores have the best deal on Coke products so those wanting more pop will know where to go to maximize their point potential. Maybe something like this:

Kroger 12-pack $X.XX
Safeway 2 liter $X.XX
Harris Teeter 24-pack $X.XX

For those with Sam's/Costco/BJ's memberships it would be especially helpful to post finds since they don't do ads.

BTW, has anyone ever seen Mello Yello with codes? I was in Kroger tonight and noticed the MY 12-packs didn't have the Coke Rewards labels on them. I don't drink it but I thought for sure Coke owned MY. If Coke would put codes on Dasani I'd probably have double my current points with all of the Dasani bottles I find.[/quote]

It's too bad they don't put them on the individual bottles of Dasani, but they do have them on the 12- and 24-packs, 10 and 20 points, respectively. A lot of times I've picked up 24-packs of 1/2 liter bottles for $3.99 at Target. That's a lot cheaper than paying $2.75-$4.50 for a 12-pack of Cherry Coke:lol:.

Just picked up a 6-month Gametap pass, and it's awesome! No need for a credit card or anything, just punch it in and you're good to go. Playing Metal Slug and Typing of the Dead right now. I definitely recommend it for anyone with points to spare.

[quote name='Secret Turtle']I'm sitting on 1200 points and probably will never get a Simon card again. :cry:[/quote]

At least you have 1,200... I'm sitting on 43 right now>_

I haven't found any great deals this week but here's what I came across. I'll add more when I find them.

Kmart
12-pack $3.99
2 liter 4 for $5
6-pack 20 oz. bottles 2 for $6

CVS
12-pack $2.99 w/card

Walgreens
12-pack 2 for $7.49
2 liter 3 for $4

Target 3 for $4 - 12pk cans or 8-pk 12oz botttles. 2 liter 4 fro $5.
12 pack = ~33cents a point
8pk=~14 cents a point (theres 3 points per bottle cap right?)
don't know points for 2 litter
vaules don't include crv or tax

im starting to think of blowing all my points on 15 point downloads. they are only discounted through february and im starting to wonder if any of the good stuff will come back with participation pretty high right now

Meijers has 24Packs of Coke for $4.99. i Bought one, and i got the code up for trade. i currently have these for trade:

12X Caps
1x 24 pack Flap

Offer me in a pm!

[quote name='Splatoon']Just picked up a 6-month Gametap pass, and it's awesome! No need for a credit card or anything, just punch it in and you're good to go. Playing Metal Slug and Typing of the Dead right now. I definitely recommend it for anyone with points to spare.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm... It seems there are a bunch of new things since the last time I looked. That is one of them (and probably the best). Unfortunately the rest are all crappy. Oh well...

I was able to take 4 of my $15 GC's to Blockbuster and buy Lost Odyssey yesterday - this is a non-Gamerush store too. Some Blockbusters sell new games and I called to ask about it which was a good thing as when I went in there they didn't have any indication they had it for sale - had to ask for them to pull it out of their mystery drawer :roll:.

So, bascially I got Lost Odyssey for 600 Coke Rewards points. Of course it was by spending $59.99 in credit. When I think of it as costing $59.99 (even in free credit) it is painful, but if I think of it as 600 Coke points it is a steal! Strange how that works...

I just hope they bring back those gift cards at least one more time as I'm back up to 1775 points.

Stupid question ( I know) but do you get your coke reward points trasferred to gift cards or credits at Blockbuster. Second, how are people getting the points other than buy coke products

[quote name='jmiller']Stupid question ( I know) but do you get your coke reward points trasferred to gift cards or credits at Blockbuster. Second, how are people getting the points other than buy coke products[/quote]

recycling bins. ocassionally coke has double point days or free point codes

[quote name='jmiller']Stupid question ( I know) but do you get your coke reward points trasferred to gift cards or credits at Blockbuster. Second, how are people getting the points other than buy coke products[/QUOTE]

One of the rewards offered on the My Coke Rewards site was $75 in Blockbuster gift cards for 750 points. That's a great per-point value compared to most other MCR prizes. Also, when it comes in stock, it goes quickly (as do most gift cards on there).

[quote name='mkernan']One of the rewards offered on the My Coke Rewards site was $75 in Blockbuster gift cards for 750 points. That's a great per-point value compared to most other MCR prizes. Also, when it comes in stock, it goes quickly (as do most gift cards on there).[/quote]

When was the last time they had $75 in Blockbuster gift cards for 750 points? I have thousands of coke points, but there's nothing I want anymore

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']When was the last time they had $75 in Blockbuster gift cards for 750 points? I have thousands of coke points, but there's nothing I want anymore[/quote]

That prize has only been offered once (at least during the two years I've been participating) and that was this past December. I checked my account and I ordered them on Dec 20th. I think they were up for about a day maybe two at most.

[quote name='Chitown021']That prize has only been offered once (at least during the two years I've been participating) and that was this past December. I checked my account and I ordered them on Dec 20th. I think they were up for about a day maybe two at most.[/QUOTE]

About six months before that (I'll look on my account later to get the actual date) they also had them. They also had $100 Blockbuster gift cards for 1000 points. At the time I had barely enough for one $75 set. So it has been at least twice - hopefully that means they will return again!

A couple things:

Didn't there used to be a Nintendo DS on the site?

Any chance of another double points day? I was away from internet all day that day...

My secret: I go through the recycling bins at college when no one is around. Slightly sleazy but hey. It works.

I remember at one point they even had a Best Buy $50 GC for like I want to say 1000 points. Also a Wii for like 2500 and a DS for 1250, I was almost there and next thing I know there werent around anymore.

[quote name='imakuni']A couple things:

Didn't there used to be a Nintendo DS on the site?

Any chance of another double points day? I was away from internet all day that day...

My secret: I go through the recycling bins at college when no one is around. Slightly sleazy but hey. It works.[/quote]

I didnt that the other day coming home I had to transfer bus so we were at the terminal and I saw a coke bottle in the trash so I reach and get it, open the bottle and look at the code. To my surprise there was a bum next to me that gave me the ugliest look ever. Kindah man I'm poor but I wouldn't ever suck the drops of a coke bottle. I felt like shit after knowing that there was no explaining the situation to him.

[quote name='abstrct']I remember at one point they even had a Best Buy $50 GC for like I want to say 1000 points. Also a Wii for like 2500 and a DS for 1250, I was almost there and next thing I know there werent around anymore.[/QUOTE]

Not quite. The Wii was over 6000 and the DS was 3000 something. For 1250 I would have been all over the DS! The Wii and DS prizes stuck around for quite a while actually since they were such huge amounts of points, but eventually they ran out. I certainly didn't think it was worth it.

[quote name='SuperSonic128']The PSP was 1250 and te PS2 was 800. The Wii was 6000 and the DS was 3650 I believe.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, those PSP/PS2 deals were insane. I missed out on those though. I can't believe it but I actually ignored the points for the first few months - just threw them out. Then I heard about the great prizes and by the time I had any amount of points stored up they were all gone. I'm pretty sure the Wii was 6250 and the DS 3250 (or 3650 perhaps). Not NEARLY the same great deal as the PSP/PS2.

OK, going through my history to see when the Blockbuster gift cards were available:

Got 2 sets of $75 gift cards on 12/20/07 - they were pretty much up for that day only.

Got 1 set of $75 gift cards on 5/2/07 (there were also $100 GC sets)
Unfortunately I had just redeemed a BUNCH of points for stupid game and movie rentals just prior to the gift cards showing up so I could only get the one $75 set at the time.

And some time between March and July of 2007 they bumped the game rentals up from 64 to 80 points and the movie rentals up from 36 to 45 points.

Oh and for what it's worth my very first redemption was for a movie rental way back in August 2006 - so the great PS2/PSP deals must have been just prior to that.

Here are some prices for this week. I did some math for the cheapest of the cheap (plus, I was just curious).:)

Ingles
6-pack 20 oz. bottles Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite 4 for $9 (1.87 cents per oz.) 18 points for $2.25

CVS
12-pack cans $2.99 w/card (2.07 cents per oz.) 10 points for $2.99

The big deal here this week is Safeway has 2 24-packs for $9 (I think this is a Weds-Tues thing). That is the best price I've ever seen on Coke. My wife was there today and she misread it as 2 12-packs for $9 so she didn't pick up more :bomb:. That means I have to go back again tomorrow :lol:.

No Safeway in GA. Those seem to be located primarily on the left coast. How many points are the 24-packs? (I've probably asked this before.)

[quote name='neocisco']No Safeway in GA. Those seem to be located primarily on the left coast. How many points are the 24-packs? (I've probably asked this before.)[/quote]

24-packs are worth 20 points. No Safeways in OK, either. Though we do have Homeland, which originally came from Safeway. I think Homeland is only in the OK/KS area. Man I hope they have a similar sale for 24-packs this week, but I doubt they will.

Wow, I assumed Safeway was nationwide. I know in SoCal they are called something stupid like Von's.

Anyway, just got back with 4 more 24-packs at $4.50 each. Not bad - I get Upromise credit for Coke at Safeway too in addition to the Coke Rewards. Oh yeah, and the cash back on my credit card ;).

The sale ends tomorrow though. 24-packs of Dasani water (also with a Coke Rewards code on the plastic) are also on sale for $4.50.

Edit: Just entered some codes... Man, do they have some crappy prizes now. 2000 points for a 30" plush Coke bear!?!? You have got to be kidding me... :roll:

Yeah, they got rid of a bunch of stuff. I was gonna get one of the Adidas hats, but now they don't even have those. There's practically nothing good left.

[quote name='io']Wow, I assumed Safeway was nationwide. I know in SoCal they are called something stupid like Von's.

Anyway, just got back with 4 more 24-packs at $4.50 each. Not bad - I get Upromise credit for Coke at Safeway too in addition to the Coke Rewards. Oh yeah, and the cash back on my credit card ;).

The sale ends tomorrow though. 24-packs of Dasani water (also with a Coke Rewards code on the plastic) are also on sale for $4.50.

Edit: Just entered some codes... Man, do they have some crappy prizes now. 2000 points for a 30" plush Coke bear!?!? You have got to be kidding me... :roll:[/quote]

Yup, their called vons. Worst place to shop, ever. Hated that place when i lived in so cal. To bad they don't have any saveways here where i live
Truthfully, i have never even seen a "Safeway" to even know what the hell it is
or i would jump on this. Need some Vault anyway :).

[quote name='io']Wow, I assumed Safeway was nationwide. I know in SoCal they are called something stupid like Von's.[/quote]

According to Wikipedia, Safeway is the second largest grocery retailer in the U.S. and Kroger is the first. I'm not sure how accurate this is, though, if you take Wal-Mart into account. What does this have to do with Coke Rewards? Absolutely nothing.:lol:

[quote name='neocisco']According to Wikipedia, Safeway is the second largest grocery retailer in the U.S. and Kroger is the first. I'm not sure how accurate this is, though, if you take Wal-Mart into account. What does this have to do with Coke Rewards? Absolutely nothing.:lol:[/quote]Kroger is 1st? Wow, I had no idea.

[quote name='neocisco']According to Wikipedia, Safeway is the second largest grocery retailer in the U.S. and Kroger is the first. I'm not sure how accurate this is, though, if you take Wal-Mart into account. What does this have to do with Coke Rewards? Absolutely nothing.:lol:[/QUOTE]

Wow, we have neither of those in Miami .. just Winn-Dixie / Publix and Walmart.
(and Target/Kmart)

All we have here in Philadelphia is
Shoprite
Acme
Pathmark
Thriftway
Giant
Wegmans
Target and Walmart I might be missing a few others also.

oh yeah and Genaurdi's

Florida doesn't have Safeway (never heard of it until this thread) or Kroger either. We mainly have Publix, along with Sweetbay, Albertsons, Walmart/Target, Winn-Dixie, Food Lion, and Save-A-Lot.

[quote name='4tygames']In the Dallas area, Safeway is known as Tom Thumb.[/quote]

That's the second worst name I've heard for a grocery store. The first is Piggly Wiggly.

[quote name='neocisco']That's the second worst name I've heard for a grocery store. The first is Piggly Wiggly.[/quote]

The Piggly wiggly sounds so awesome!!!

bread's done
Back