My Coke Rewards is dead, long live Coke Rewards. Or not.

My daughter has been using up all my points on Napster credit. It is better than paying cash for iTunes cards for her, that's for sure! The good thing is that I can now get her to enter the codes for me ;).

But I have noticed something different lately. For the first 3-4 years of this program, I almost never had any problems with codes, be they from bottles, 12-packs, 24-packs, or 32-packs (from Costco). However, I've had several 12-pack codes off of relatively new boxes either say they are invalid, or in one case, as having been used already! The codes on them are very clear so there's no mixup in letters. All were completely sealed boxes that I bought myself. I'd be more worried if more of them were coming up as already redeemed because that might mean someone has a code generator. But the invalid ones are a bit curious too. I mean, I've entered 100's of these things over the years and probably only had about 3 or 4 that didn't work before this last month. Now I have 7 or 8 new ones that won't work.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='io']My daughter has been using up all my points on Napster credit. It is better than paying cash for iTunes cards for her, that's for sure! The good thing is that I can now get her to enter the codes for me ;).

But I have noticed something different lately. For the first 3-4 years of this program, I almost never had any problems with codes, be they from bottles, 12-packs, 24-packs, or 32-packs (from Costco). However, I've had several 12-pack codes off of relatively new boxes either say they are invalid, or in one case, as having been used already! The codes on the them are very clear so there's no mixup in letters. All were completely sealed boxes that I bought myself. I'd be more worried if more of them were coming up as already redeemed because that might mean someone has a code generator. But the invalid ones are a bit curious too. I mean, I've entered 100's of these things over the years and probably only had about 3 or 4 that didn't work before this last month. Now I have 7 or 8 new ones that won't work.[/QUOTE]
That sounds really weird. Hopefully this won't occur consistently since you've discovered it. I'll try and enter ones I got recently and see what happens.

You know I got tons of codes for this but I can't find 1 thing I want to order.
Anyone have a suggestion. Even the shirts don't come in 3X L>*(

5000 points and nothing to spend. I've even spent tons on freaking $10 off LiveNation cash for some shows and still am sitting on tons of points. I will never get to use them. :whistle2:/

[quote name='MrNEWZ']5000 points and nothing to spend. I've even spent tons on freaking $10 off LiveNation cash for some shows and still am sitting on tons of points. I will never get to use them. :whistle2:/[/QUOTE]
Can you use more than one $10 off Livenation cash for one ticket?

[quote name='Bioshocked360']Can you use more than one $10 off Livenation cash for one ticket?[/QUOTE]

No. One per ticket. But with GA, it doesn't really matter.

Just got the Gym Bag. Had a ton of points and will just be building them up more for what I hope will eventually be a good reason. Anyone else think if they ever do end the rewards program, will it go out with a bang? Or just be gone?

[quote name='Darklurkr23']is it so hard to redeem a visa gift card or a Coke Towel or something.[/QUOTE]

If there's a Visa gift card that is news to me - I've never seen them have anything like that before, always just store-specific gift cards with the last good deal on that being the Blockbuster ones like 2 years ago.

Edit: All I see is a sweepstakes for a Visa gift card. That doesn't count ;).

You could always spend all 5000 points on coupons for free 20 ouncers :D

Usually when I redeem enough for like 5 they all come at the same time.

Could you imagine like 180 of them coming at once? lol

[quote name='io']My daughter has been using up all my points on Napster credit. It is better than paying cash for iTunes cards for her, that's for sure! The good thing is that I can now get her to enter the codes for me ;).

But I have noticed something different lately. For the first 3-4 years of this program, I almost never had any problems with codes, be they from bottles, 12-packs, 24-packs, or 32-packs (from Costco). However, I've had several 12-pack codes off of relatively new boxes either say they are invalid, or in one case, as having been used already! The codes on them are very clear so there's no mixup in letters. All were completely sealed boxes that I bought myself. I'd be more worried if more of them were coming up as already redeemed because that might mean someone has a code generator. But the invalid ones are a bit curious too. I mean, I've entered 100's of these things over the years and probably only had about 3 or 4 that didn't work before this last month. Now I have 7 or 8 new ones that won't work.[/QUOTE]
I experienced something similar with invalid 12-pack codes myself lately. This never really came up for me before, and it didn't seem to affect 24-oz. bottle caps, but I remembered something about people contacting customer service and getting their points anyway, so I sent MyCokeRewards a message about my invalid codes and where they came from. After a few exchanges, my points were added, and the same went for a few more 12-pack codes I had the same problem with later. Just get that invalid-code format down when contacting them and you should be all right.

Yeah, unfortunately I have no idea where exactly these came from but it was probably either Target or Safeway. I'll collect them all and see what I can do, though the points are so devalued now I barely find it worth entering them, let alone hassling with CS over bad ones.

BTW, Target has a decent Coke promo this week: it is 3 for $11, which isn't great by itself but you get a free 8-pack of the mini Coke cans (regular or Diet) for free along with a purchase of 3 12-packs. The kids love those mini ones though I imagine they will be a pain to recycle (we have to take them to machines to get our deposit back and I'll bet those are going to be read correctly).

[quote name='io']Yeah, unfortunately I have no idea where exactly these came from but it was probably either Target or Safeway. I'll collect them all and see what I can do, though the points are so devalued now I barely find it worth entering them, let alone hassling with CS over bad ones.[/quote]
Don't worry, I didn't have to tell them which stores I got my 12-packs from; just the drink and size [EDIT: and the code that failed] sufficed (though the beverage can be a little difficult to tell from caps and flaps sometimes). No big hassle.

[quote name='io']BTW, Target has a decent Coke promo this week: it is 3 for $11, which isn't great by itself but you get a free 8-pack of the mini Coke cans (regular or Diet) for free along with a purchase of 3 12-packs. The kids love those mini ones though I imagine they will be a pain to recycle (we have to take them to machines to get our deposit back and I'll bet those are going to be read correctly).[/QUOTE]
I might check out that possible coupon-and-Extra Buck Reward deal on Coke at CVS tomorrow when I go to get my dollar sub from Jimmy John's for lunch. If you weren't aware of the JJ deal, here's a link of participating Chicagoland/NW-Indiana locations:

http://www.freakyfast.com/2010/06/cad.html

I've actually experienced an uptick in completely legible codes being rejected as invalid too. They don't make the link to the contact customer service completely obvious, but I can find it with a minute of fiddling on the website. If it helps, here's the exact phrasing of the emails I send that have always resulted in the points being deposited into my account without further contact:

Dear Sir or Madam -

I recently tried to enter a code from a 12 pack of Diet Coke which was rejected. This package was purchased in or around Urbana, IL within the last month. The code was XXXXXXXXXXXX and was completely legible with no ambiguity as to the letters. Please credit my account for this code. I have retained the packaging if you need to see it.

Sincerely,

Zach

As far as I can tell that is all the information they require and they have never asked to see the packaging. I've also been rewarded the points when I give as much of a partially legible code as possible and explain what is wrong.

[quote name='zshipp']As far as I can tell that is all the information they require and they have never asked to see the packaging. I've also been rewarded the points when I give as much of a partially legible code as possible and explain what is wrong.[/QUOTE]

Oh, yeah... I guess I didn't make it especially clear in my last posts, but sending the code as best as you can read it will definitely help your cause. Thanks for the follow-up, zshipp.

[quote name='WeaponX2099']Just the Shedd?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's the only local attraction I saw. I'll have to check back on that one. It's a pretty decent deal, since we almost always have 2 adults in our party.:D

I don't drink enough Coke products to warrant using these, so If anyone wants 'em, I've got 2 codes you can PM me for.

EDIT: Gone!

[quote name='jdawgg76']Got an email which states that you get 10 bonus points for every 24 pack code you enter during the World Cup.[/QUOTE]

I got the same email, but I think it has to be codes from a world cup branded case. I entered a 24 code and only got 20 points. :bomb:

[quote name='slowdive21']I got the same email, but I think it has to be codes from a world cup branded case. I entered a 24 code and only got 20 points. :bomb:[/QUOTE]I got 30 for a pair of 24 cases. Pretty sure they were older as I pulled them from my drawer of codes to be entered that's been around awhile.It's possible they were world cup cases I guess.

We need to take the misleading title off, though - I didn't get 10 bonus points for a 24-pack code I just entered. Either this is certain special-branded packaging as slowdive said, or it is a limited offer like the one we had a while back. Back then, only people who got the email got the bonus points, which really sucks because for whatever reason I never get included in these things! So, anyone who did get the bonus points - did you get this email about the promo?

I found this in the FAQ section:

World Cup Bonus Points::How does the Coke® 2010 FIFA World Cup™ offer work?

This is an offer to receive 10 Bonus Points when you enter Coke® 2010 FIFA World Cup™ 24-pks codes from June 11th to July 11th 2010. Bonus Points will only be given for codes entered at www.mycokerewards.com.

Sounds like specific packaging to me - I've never seen World Cup packaging on any Coke, so there you go. The one I entered I had just bought last week.

Edit #2: OK, when I logged out there was an ad for the promo on MCR and it clearly states that it is for "specially marked 2010 FIFA World Cup Coke 24-pks". It shows some bizarro Coke cans with soccer balls and vuvuzelas (or however that is spelled) on them and stuff. I have never seen these - also, I wonder if it is only regular Coke and not Diet which means I would never see it ;).

Wow. World Cup Coke packaging is all over this area. I'm in TX. I know this is specifically for the 24 packs. I have a few of those around. Would net me 25 +10.

I've got some from a few 20 packs and those are normally 17 points. 18 if Sprite.

I'll post a pic of the packaging later.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[quote name='slowdive21']I tried a world cup branded code and I got 30 points (20 and 10 bonus). It HAS to be from a world cup container.[/QUOTE]

You're correct. I mistakenly thought the 24 packs were usually 25. I believe they are 20 since the 20 packs give you only 17 points (with 4 fewer cans).

[quote name='TXboxGuY']Wow. World Cup Coke packaging is all over this area. I'm in TX. I know this is specifically for the 24 packs. I have a few of those around. Would net me 25 +10.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm seeing the World Cup Coke cans around Chicago myself (having drunk from one from a party), but I haven't bought any 24-packs lately, as I prefer to wait for $2-per-12-pack sales. On a side note, the plastic-bottle 6-packs get more points per dollar with the right sale prices, but the freshness dates come up a lot faster than the cans.

Awesome news. We've had the world cup packs locally for weeks, and I've already had a few of the codes waiting to be entered.

How many Napster downloads can you get through MCR per month? I'll probably start blowing all my points on that, since there's really nothing else good atm.

I went to the grocery store and while the 12-packs had World Cup packaging the 24-packs did not. I also got a response back from MCR (I forgot I even wrote in to them) and they said it is only on regular Coke packages - NOT Diet. So that makes it a moot promo for me, anyway. I mean, who the hell drinks regular Coke? :lol:

I have only seen the regular 12 packs with the World Cup promo, all 24 packs just look like the plain ones around here. I am really considering just jumping on some nike.com giftcards, I've been saving up for years literally, cashed in for some subway and other giftcards when they came up. At the same time, I still have a good hundred of points I still need to enter, so I guess I'll be in this program for a while.

[quote name='jkircos']Awesome they had Best Buy $50 gift cards for 1250 and of course they are sold out.[/QUOTE]

Lame! They need to put more of those up stat!

[quote name='jkircos']Awesome they had Best Buy $50 gift cards for 1250 and of course they are sold out.[/QUOTE]

How did you find out? Was it on another site or does coke have a notification or something?

Still sold out! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!
I can't believe I missed these again!
:bomb:

Limit 3 per MCR member. Gift Cards are redeemable for future purchases in any U.S. Best Buy™ retail location or online at BestBuy.com® for merchandise or services only. Not redeemable for cash. Not a credit or debit card. Not valid as payment on Best Buy credit card. Purchases deducted from Gift Card until balance reaches zero. No expiration date, no fees. Subject to terms contained on Gift Card. Best Buy does not sponsor, endorse, approve or have any responsibility for this promotion. Best Buy, its tag design and BestBuy.com are trademarks of Best Buy Enterprise Services, Inc.

Please click the link below, select "talk to us" then "how can I contact you" and use the form to ask them for more Best Buy gift cards:
http://www.mycokerewards.com/help.do?helpID=1

[quote name='h3llbring3r']
I can't believe I missed these again!
[/quote]

Again? When were they ever up in the first place!? BBV yes, BB, I've never heard of at MCR before.

And dammit, how could I possibly miss this :bomb:.

[quote name='io']Again? When were they ever up in the first place!? BBV yes, BB, I've never heard of at MCR before.

And dammit, how could I possibly miss this :bomb:.[/QUOTE]

When coke rewards first started they had $25 Best Buy GCs. They were 625 points. My email is dated: May 30, 2007

Dear slowdive, Congratulations on choosing your reward! This email is a receipt which confirms that you redeemed 625 points for a $25 Best Buy Gift Card.

[quote name='slowdive21']When coke rewards first started they had $25 Best Buy GCs. They were 625 points. My email is dated: May 30, 2007[/QUOTE]

OK, well, back then that wasn't such a great deal so I probably saw that and passed over it. That was around the time they were offering $75 Blockbuster cards for 750 points. Of course, now I'd take a $25 BB gift card for 625 points in a heartbeat.

Free Coupon for 12 Pack of Coke Products.

Free 12-Pack sparkling coupon Cost 0 Points

Bring home some sparkle. Be the life of the party. Share a favorite story.

From the effervescent joy to the refreshing taste, nothing quite lifts your spirits like delicious Coca-Cola® beverages. Now you can put your Rewards points where your mouth is. Redeem them for a few on us. You’ll receive a coupon good for one (1) 12-pack of Coca-Cola®, Diet Coke®, Coca-Cola Zero™, Sprite®, Fanta®, Pibb®, Vault® or Fresca®. So pick your favorite…and pick the time and place you want to refresh

Just log in and look in the rewards section :) just redeemed for one.

*edit* and apparently bottles of Coke, Powerade and so on, look in the new prize section

Yeah, the other options I'm seeing (when looking at the All Rewards tab):

Free Dasani
Free Minute Maid® 20 oz. coupon
20 oz Free Sparkling coupon [Coke picture]
Free POWERADE® 32 oz coupon

Seems like an error... for Free drinks with "paid" coupons. Guess I should warily redeem one and see what happens, too.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Free Coupon for 12 Pack of Coke Products.

Free 12-Pack sparkling coupon Cost 0 Points

Bring home some sparkle. Be the life of the party. Share a favorite story.

From the effervescent joy to the refreshing taste, nothing quite lifts your spirits like delicious Coca-Cola® beverages. Now you can put your Rewards points where your mouth is. Redeem them for a few on us. You’ll receive a coupon good for one (1) 12-pack of Coca-Cola®, Diet Coke®, Coca-Cola Zero™, Sprite®, Fanta®, Pibb®, Vault® or Fresca®. So pick your favorite…and pick the time and place you want to refresh

Just log in and look in the rewards section :) just redeemed for one.

*edit* and apparently bottles of Coke, Powerade and so on, look in the new prize section[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dpac']Yeah, the other options I'm seeing (when looking at the All Rewards tab):

Free Dasani
Free Minute Maid® 20 oz. coupon
20 oz Free Sparkling coupon [Coke picture]
Free POWERADE® 32 oz coupon

Seems like an error... for Free drinks with "paid" coupons. Guess I should warily redeem one and see what happens, too.[/QUOTE]

Looks like they updated this because when i look there it's listed as 30pts or 240 for the 12 pack.

Yup people on slickdeals claimed 20-40 FREE 12 packs each, so this died quickly. Hopefully they will ban people who did large numbers of free redemptions.

bread's done
Back