My Coke Rewards is dead, long live Coke Rewards. Or not.

[quote name='cottonmouth80']I started collecting when they first started the promo and had TVs and other good stuff. Now the best you can get is a $50 Nike gift card for 2000 points. Everything is all contest now. Can't just list the trip or tv something for 10k points like they used to. Now it is 3 points for each contest entry. Complete waste. I'm tempted to sell my account since I've been trading the points I've been getting recently for other useful stuff instead of entering them.[/QUOTE]

Well, while the program still exists, it's a different beast than it used to be. With an artificially low limit of 120 points per week, you're limited to 6240 points per year, if you remember to completely fill your quota each and every week. To get to anything remotely close in value to what you're referring to (let's say a 10K television), it'd take over a 1.5 years of perfect and full usage to qualify for said reward. Without a limit, having those rewards would make more sense.

As-is, I can understand why they do what they do.

[quote name='boagman']Well, while the program still exists, it's a different beast than it used to be. With an artificially low limit of 120 points per week, you're limited to 6240 points per year, if you remember to completely fill your quota each and every week. To get to anything remotely close in value to what you're referring to (let's say a 10K television), it'd take over a 1.5 years of perfect and full usage to qualify for said reward. Without a limit, having those rewards would make more sense.

As-is, I can understand why they do what they do.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, back in the day when there were no limits you could pile up points in a hurry. I bet they changed the rules because big volume customers were raking in the points and raping them on the big ticket prizes. When they switched to a daily limit it wasn't too bad but you're right, with the low weekly limit it's impossible to save up a ton of points in a hurry. I only had a ton of points because I've been collecting them since the beginning and pretty much just sitting on them.

I remember there was one year where they tried to get some of the users with high points in their bank with a promo with "premium" items like bikes and tvs for 10k+ I wonder how many 5 digit point users are still out there, or even high 4 digit users for that matter.

[quote name='Chitown021']Yeah, back in the day when there were no limits you could pile up points in a hurry. I bet they changed the rules because big volume customers were raking in the points and raping them on the big ticket prizes. When they switched to a daily limit it wasn't too bad but you're right, with the low weekly limit it's impossible to save up a ton of points in a hurry. I only had a ton of points because I've been collecting them since the beginning and pretty much just sitting on them.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Even more, there's often a redemption limit that they'll enforce so that you don't get too many of the "good" things. An easy-to-think-of example would be the recent half price gift cards that they had very few of and limited members to, what, one per? I didn't even get any of the $50 gift cards...I had to settle for one of the $25 Best Buy ones, which I'm not sure I'll use any time soon.

That's why the most recent "30 points for a 12-pack" deal was so lucrative for me: no enforced limit, so I got myself 30 of them. That means that I've got 32 coupons on their eventual way to me (2 from the first "30 points for a 12-pack" deal that they limited to 2 per person, and 30 from the most recent one).

I may open up a sub-account in the meantime. It remains to be seen.

I've got 7 codes for anyone who wants them. I think they help save polar bears too. PM please.

EDIT: All gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish I had enough points for the People magazine sub or the steam cooker.

Finally some new prizes are up. Too bad I don't have enough points for anything good.

Hey Link. I'm sitting on over 10k points right now. There are probably thousands of us that got stuck with large amounts of points when they changed the system around. I've used points on gift cards etc.. Otherwise I'd have over 20k probably. That and I rarely feel the need to enter any more points because they never have anything I want to get and if they do, it usually sells out faster than a $100 tv at Walmart on Black Friday.

Personally I was banking points for the large ticket items when they changed the program. Now there isn't much worth even considering most of the time, but since my family keeps drinking cokes, I keep getting more points.

Today's deal (I kid you not...) is a cordless hair straightener and curling iron set for 1050 points, down from 1750, which is 40% off. I ordered 19 of them, because WHAT A DEAL! Okay, yeah...I'm kidding about that last part there, but not about the deal itself.

Glad I spent my points on 12 packs at the end of the year. BTW, did anyone else notice that they've upped the price of all the beverage rewards? It's now 40 stinking points for a 20 ounce drink, and 250 points for a 12 pack. The 12 pack's only a 10 point increase, but going from 24 to 40 points for the 20 ounce drink seems very excessive.

[quote name='John McClane']i have 48 caps to type in :([/QUOTE]

Same here, got a nice big plastic baggy full of them :cry: Should be happy but its so tedious.

[quote name='mickeyp']I have so many in baggies and a container and in the drawer. It is a pain to enter them.[/QUOTE]

Would be nice if they'd develop an iphone app that snaps a pic and uses character recognition. Might be a little harder to work with caps, though.

i've only joined mycokerewards as of early last year. for the most part the rewards are not worth it :/ the only real good rewards currently would be the high priced ones like the 8g MP3 player or the pillow with speaker.
i don't feel like spending my points on a t-shirt that i can buy at goodwill or ebay for like 5 bucks XD so my thing i keep doing is saving up my points till something decent shows up. the only points i've actually spent were one for a livenation 10 dollar gift card during there wednesday deal and contests. i did score a ton of the free college shirts though which was nice. 90% of the ones i ordered were for friends and i ordered like one for myself.

[quote name='sp00ge']Would be nice if they'd develop an iphone app that snaps a pic and uses character recognition. Might be a little harder to work with caps, though.[/QUOTE]

I think that every time I go type in the codes. The sad thing is that I'm a junior developer. Just makes it sting more.

[quote name='boagman']Today's deal (I kid you not...) is a cordless hair straightener and curling iron set for 1050 points, down from 1750, which is 40% off. I ordered 19 of them, because WHAT A DEAL! Okay, yeah...I'm kidding about that last part there, but not about the deal itself.[/QUOTE]

Actually, if I had the points I probably would have gotten that. My daughter goes through those things all the time and they are surprisingly expensive. If I could use my Coke points on them instead of my credit card I would. But I only had about 550 points as I've slacked off on entering them recently. I have bags and bags of 10-point codes...

Hi all! I'm pretty new to CAG, but I've been with MCR for a few years now and I have to say that I agree about the points getting more and more useless other than storing up for 50% off gift cards which they did for the last holiday season as well.

I've noticed that this forum is mostly about the points, but I wanted to post to share/remind you that there's more to the program than just that. The instant win games on MCR are free to play online using AMOE (alternate method of entry) and I've won a lot of good stuff from them! The text instant win games coke runs are well worth it too! Unfortunately, there aren't any text games currently running until the one in May. However, there are 2 new instant win games that were put up yesterday on MCR and I wish you all luck in playing them.

I hope that I have given some of you new information that it will help make the program worth it to you. And sorry for those of you that already knew all this...

I finally received my Home Depot card. It was shipped on Nov. 31st of last year and I just came yesterday. It was going to be a Christmas gift, but obviously that didn't work out.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']I can't wait to get these coupons. I actually stopped buying sodas at the store because I refuse to pay over 4 dollars for a 12 pack. Sometimes I'll catch them on sale otherwise I'll just drinking something else. I play on using all my coupons to fill my fridge with mellow yellow.[/QUOTE]

I usuallly wait til they are on sale during double coupon days and 24 packs for pennies.

[quote name='Jupiter Jones']I finally received my Home Depot card. It was shipped on Nov. 31st of last year and I just came yesterday. It was going to be a Christmas gift, but obviously that didn't work out.[/QUOTE]

Well, that's why it took so long. It was mailed on a non-existent day. ;)

[quote name='sp00ge']Would be nice if they'd develop an iphone app that snaps a pic and uses character recognition. Might be a little harder to work with caps, though.[/QUOTE]

I wish they develop an app for that. That would make things so much easier. I have a huge container full of caps. I stop collecting caps because I have too much and it is a hassle entering all those 3 points caps. I only have two accounts and it is very time consuming already. I'm afraid what would happen if I've create 5-6 account.

[quote name='shieryda']Can't log in. Is the site down? I even reset my password, and still cannot log in.[/QUOTE]

Dunno, just logged in a few minutes ago myself without much of an issue.

You guys may want to look at the artichome stuff.

If you donate 70 pts, you can explore the terrain and get 35-110 points back per day with only one 70 pt donation.

I am still trying to figure it out and it seems inconsistent from reports on SD, but I have gotten at least 35 pts a day.

Here are some tips:

1) You can usually spin around and find the diamond
2) Click "redeem at MCR"
3) You have to log out of AC and MCR and log back in for the points to show in your account
4) If you log back in to both accounts and a window comes up about diamonds, that means there is another diamond available for you to find!

I've been piecing this together at SD, but no one reads my posts there (maybe not here either ;) )

EDIT: I started with 70 points and I have 300 or so now!

[quote name='slowdive21']You guys may want to look at the artichome stuff.

If you donate 70 pts, you can explore the terrain and get 35-110 points back per day with only one 70 pt donation.

I am still trying to figure it out and it seems inconsistent from reports on SD, but I have gotten at least 35 pts a day.

Here are some tips:

1) You can usually spin around and find the diamond
2) Click "redeem at MCR"
3) You have to log out of AC and MCR and log back in for the points to show in your account
4) If you log back in to both accounts and a window comes up about diamonds, that means there is another diamond available for you to find!

I've been piecing this together at SD, but no one reads my posts there (maybe not here either ;) )

EDIT: I started with 70 points and I have 300 or so now![/QUOTE]

So on the main coke rewards page I donate 70 there and I automatically get to try to find the diamond ?

[quote name='Retrospect Hero']So on the main coke rewards page I donate 70 there and I automatically get to try to find the diamond ?[/QUOTE]

Yup! You "choose amount" 70 is the minimum. You can then register/log into arctic home and 'explore'.

[quote name='slowdive21']
EDIT: I started with 70 points and I have 300 or so now![/QUOTE]

And then you caught my attention. I'll have to try this when I get some spare time.

One question though, does this count toward my weekly limit or is it a bonus?

[quote name='Devil May Cry']And then you caught my attention. I'll have to try this when I get some spare time.

One question though, does this count toward my weekly limit or is it a bonus?[/QUOTE]

all bonus :bouncy:

Well i've been looking for a way to give back to the CAG community and since I don't come across deals quick enough to ever post first i've decided to start dropping MCR points (or NOS Reward points) on here randomly.

I'll start off just posting them on here but if I come across a mass quantity then I may hold some sort of small contest for them.

I work at a Coke warehouse facility and come across points fairly often due to some of our out of date product being thrown out or destroyed and thus the points going to waste. I am allowed to grab some of these points before we destroy the product. So I will try to grab a couple each night.

I will try to post a few each night (unless work is busy or other circumstances are happening).
Sometimes I will post 20oz codes, sometimes 12 packs or 20 packs or even 24 packs (Maybe even NOS codes. It all depends on what is being destroyed that night (if anything at all).

I work overnights so more than likely most codes will come between 12am and 6am central time.

Please don't PM me asking me for points because I will not respond.

Well here goes the first one.....20oz code...

V0BX44050NN6MJ

Nos Reward Code..

RETMGSADWTGH

Enjoy!

[quote name='loc0bob']2nd try...12 pack code..

H4TJR06WXHLMW9[/QUOTE]

Used by another lurker ;). You'll find that's what happens 'round here.

[quote name='io']Used by another lurker ;). You'll find that's what happens 'round here.[/QUOTE]

Well that was quick,

Due to your awesome early morning Coke dedication i've decided to PM you the last code of the night!

Check you PM.

Tried out the arctic home and YEESH... talk about a memory hog. AVG popped up a notice saying IE was using 1 GB of memory. Most I've ever had is 400 MB. Hopefully I can break even or make an extra 35 or so and I'm done. It crashes IE and worst, won't load on Opera which is far more stable for flash in general.

Appreciate the efforts, locobob. A little while back I suggested that people not just post codes since they just get taken by unappreciative lurkers. You did what I offered for a solution, picking a name from the thread and PMing that person the code. I'm sure all of the other people that post in the thread would appreciate something like this. Plus, if it keeps the codes away from the lurkers, all the better.

[quote name='neocisco']Appreciate the efforts, locobob. A little while back I suggested that people not just post codes since they just get taken by unappreciative lurkers. You did what I offered for a solution, picking a name from the thread and PMing that person the code. I'm sure all of the other people that post in the thread would appreciate something like this. Plus, if it keeps the codes away from the lurkers, all the better.[/QUOTE]

Hey not a problem man just trying to give a little back, thanks for the valuable input about the lurkers. I will continue to post some 20oz codes in here but save the bigger point codes for PM and contests.

That being said I have 2 20oz codes to start off the night with...

1st one....

BJ494FXBL7FJWP

2nd one....

Will be PM to NeoCisco for the helpful insight....Thanks again!

I know this is a long shot and probably wont happen but im going to say it anyway as like a disclaimer.
If you do take one of the codes I post, please at least post a message saying you claimed it so others wont waste their time trying to redeem it. (Extreme long shot I know!)

Thanks again CAGs!

[quote name='AnthonyG']used 1st code thanks locobob[/QUOTE]

No problem, no problem

Before I get out of here for the night I have 2 more code drops for you guys...both 20oz...

FXXLRWFRT9HXXN

and

VWL99HLK5RKHWM

Gogogogogogogo!

Enjoy!...I'll be back Monday evening/Tuesday morning (3 day weekend woohoo!) with more codes.

[quote name='P a t r i c k']HWM5X5W6M4HFPF

NKF57WBXXROWX6

both are 12-packs[/QUOTE]

First doesn't work just gives a message about it being wrong rather than used. Regardless its a nice gesture.:)

[quote name='Puppet Master']First doesn't work just gives a message about it being wrong rather than used. Regardless its a nice gesture.:)[/QUOTE]

Try replacing all the H with K, I originally put K instead but when I was typing the second code out the K looked distinctly different than what I thought was K in the first code. Hopefully that works but if it doesn't then I don't know what to say, I already threw away the cardboard pieces.

bread's done
Back