My heart stopped today (Game Deal)

bjschre

CAGiversary!
I went to a local Half Price Books store today and I always check the video games section first. So I'm browsing the games and two catch my eye, none other than Suikoden 1 and 2. So I wasn't to excite at first because they have sold rare games for the average going prices and sometimes higher, but I pulled them out to check and my heart stopped when I saw the price, $7.98 each! Both are complete and mint, no scratches, cracks, or anything! What a find!

Screw that! You should keep those babies, especially since you paid next to nothing for them. That has to be one of the best non-clearance finds I've seen, although I also picked up my spare copy of Suikoden II for $8 at a local swap meet. :whistle2:D Congrats!

Great find, man. I love Half Price Books. It's seriously where I buy the majority of my games. I haven't run into a Suikoden at any HPBs yet (but I have been looking), but I did find Wing Commander: The Kilrathi Saga for $2 at one once (great condition, complete except w/o the box).

Oh yeah, I'm going to play them, I've heard so much about both of these games that I couldn't pass it up. Unless there was a re-release of some sort, with the psp comming out you never know! Can't wait to get my hands on Tales of Eternia aka Tales of destiny 2!

Just a word of advice, I would suggest getting all 108 stars in Suikoden for the upload data in Suikoden II. It adds so much more to the experience.

I don't think I'd ebay anytime soon, but it is tempting. Its taken to long to find these babies though!

This Half Price is in Brown Deer, WI. I live about a half hour away, so it is nice to have a location that close to check once a week.

[quote name='bjschre']I went to a local Half Price Books store today and I always check the video games section first. So I'm browsing the games and two catch my eye, none other than Suikoden 1 and 2. So I wasn't to excite at first because they have sold rare games for the average going prices and sometimes higher, but I pulled them out to check and my heart stopped when I saw the price, $7.98 each! Both are complete and mint, no scratches, cracks, or anything! What a find!

[/quote] :shock: :applause: :notworth:

That's awesome!

Why is everyone on this forum so obsessed with Suikoden?

So, it sells for lots on eBay. The game still is far from even par.

Chris

[quote name='bjschre']This Half Price is in Brown Deer, WI. I live about a half hour away, so it is nice to have a location that close to check once a week.[/quote]

Damn . . . I was cheering for you until I saw that you got this at one of *my* Half Prices . . . I could have got them :cry: Plus, with the teacher 10% discount, they would've been $7.20 for me.

Where do you live? I'm in Racine . . . so I don't get up to the "Northridge" store much.

[quote name='Legolas813']What are these games and why are they so popular? There are so many freakin Suikoden threads on CAG. I don't get it.[/quote]

I guess it's cause it goes for a lot of money cause NOBODY was talking about those games until a few weeks ago...

[quote name='Apossum'][quote name='Legolas813']What are these games and why are they so popular? There are so many freakin Suikoden threads on CAG. I don't get it.[/quote]

I guess it's cause it goes for a lot of money cause NOBODY was talking about those games until a few weeks ago...[/quote]

I have no idea where you have been, but people have been talking about suikoden for years. Especially II.

[quote name='Legolas813']What are these games and why are they so popular? There are so many freakin Suikoden threads on CAG. I don't get it.[/quote]
Because II is one of the best games ever and I is really good. I'm sure some here want it just for the selling price but some of us want them because they are amazing games.

:shock: :notworth: :applause:

Very well done OP. Congratualtions. That is an awesome awesome find. I would love to get a copy of both of those and especially for that cheap.

Brown Deer? Crap, I work in Mequon WI and that store is RIGHT on my way home! Why didn't I stop there more often :p (although I own Suikoden 2 from when it first came out)

Aww, was the poor little baby never able to play the game for himself? I'm sorry little kid, maybe you'll run into some luck in the future, like after you get your pubes.

[quote name='Lord Draconus777']

Aww, was the poor little baby never able to play the game for himself? I'm sorry little kid, maybe you'll run into some luck in the future, like after you get your pubes.[/quote]

He wouldn't of said it was bad had he not played it, and even if he didn't play it you assume it's because he is young? Also what's wrong with being young?
fucking noob.

[quote name='Lord Draconus777']

Aww, was the poor little baby never able to play the game for himself? I'm sorry little kid, maybe you'll run into some luck in the future, like after you get your pubes.[/quote]

That harsh. I totally agree he was wrong but still, keep the smack to GameFAQs.

[quote name='smalien1'][quote name='slidecage']i once found little white book worms in one of the books i got :)[/quote]

Wow, you can read?!?!?!?!![/quote]

Nope another lie from his make-believe fantasy world.

I love Half Price Books, I find so much cool stuff there. Not too long ago, I found Actraiser 2 and Soul Blazer for like 3 bucks each (not the best games ever, but reasonably hard to find uncommon SNES games) I've found plenty of cool guides there too, including one for Castlevania SOTN, which I was originally going to pawn on Ebay, but decided to keep instead

This game is not below par.

Suikoden is what got me into 32 bit RPG's. Yes, I played Final Fantasy II and III and the Secret of Mana. However like 3-4 years passed between those games and Suikoden.

It was that game that got me into and began the PSone's great RPG streak. The second one just happened to come out around the time of the Dreamcast so I didn't get it until 2 years ago.

Good deal and don't let these idiots tell you they're not good games, they're awesome. Now, if they only carried over their RPG goodness to III and IV.....

Awesome finds.

I'd eBay them myself. Just like I wouldn't pay well over $100 for the pair. I'd rather have the cash as well.

Actually the pair is probably worth something like $200. (Haven't checked in a while.)

[quote name='ZForce']Brown Deer? Crap, I work in Mequon WI and that store is RIGHT on my way home! Why didn't I stop there more often :p (although I own Suikoden 2 from when it first came out)[/quote]

Did you check out the Brown Deer TRU when it hit 90% off?

I wanted to get up there but didn't make it . . . I did get 10 .80 Jampacks out in Brookfield (left many more and traded 8 of them in with the $5 bonus :lol: ).

I got some really nice stuff at the Brown Deer store on one visit in Dec. (back when we had that awesome coupon :notworth:) something like 5 free games . . . Stuntman, Namco M, Morrowind . . .

Thanks for the kind words, I live in port washington not far from milwaukee, so its a short trip. I started in on number one, i'm about two hours into it and it rocks!

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']This game is not below par.

Suikoden is what got me into 32 bit RPG's. Yes, I played Final Fantasy II and III and the Secret of Mana. However like 3-4 years passed between those games and Suikoden.

It was that game that got me into and began the PSone's great RPG streak. The second one just happened to come out around the time of the Dreamcast so I didn't get it until 2 years ago.

Good deal and don't let these idiots tell you they're not good games, they're awesome. Now, if they only carried over their RPG goodness to III and IV.....[/quote]

Maybe he meant below par in the good way. Like in golf.... 8-[

Damn.

The 76st st. Half Price and the the Bluemound Rd. one are the only ones I hit up, but, son of a bitch, that's close to me.

Damnit.

Yeah, I checked the Brown Deer TRU, they didn't have jack when I went, just a cart filled with worthless junk.

[quote name='Jrunt20x'][quote name='Apossum'][quote name='Legolas813']What are these games and why are they so popular? There are so many freakin Suikoden threads on CAG. I don't get it.[/quote]

I guess it's cause it goes for a lot of money cause NOBODY was talking about those games until a few weeks ago...[/quote]

I have no idea where you have been, but people have been talking about suikoden for years. Especially II.[/quote]

I swear I've hardly seen a thread about it, maybe it's name has come up every now and then in a list of PS1 rpgs. now in the past few weeks, i see like 10 threads a day about it and not just on CAG either. not saying it's a bad game or something, just noticing a recent trend
:)

[quote name='Apossum'][quote name='Jrunt20x'][quote name='Apossum'][quote name='Legolas813']What are these games and why are they so popular? There are so many freakin Suikoden threads on CAG. I don't get it.[/quote]

I have no idea where you have been, but people have been talking about suikoden for years. Especially II.[/quote]

I swear I've hardly seen a thread about it, maybe it's name has come up every now and then in a list of PS1 rpgs. now in the past few weeks, i see like 10 threads a day about it and not just on CAG either. not saying it's a bad game or something, just noticing a recent trend
:)[/quote]

Nope, Suikoden threads are pretty common on CAG. You'll see them pop up here and there.

Wow... didn't realize that there are a few of these stores near Indianapolis. Hadn't heard of them before this -- I may stop by there if I head on up to do some shopping next week.

I'm extremely jealous. I have wanted to play that game for awhile, but I refuse to pay Ebay prices for it. Hopefully I will one day get some amazing discovery like you did.

bread's done
Back