MyBestBuy Unlocked Membership - Two Day Sale for $60 (save 50%) - Ends 3/11/14

dc delta90

CAGiversary!
Posted this in the Unlocked thread but thought it might deserve its own thread.

Two year membership for $60 instead of the regular $119.99. Don't have to buy anything else to get the deal. Today (Monday) and Tuesday only. In store only.

Just go into your local Best Buy, grab one of the Unlocked cards (they're blue, kind of look like an Xbox Live card), take it to the register and it will ring up for $60. Make sure you buy any new or preowned games you want on the same transaction and you'll get 20% off the new ones and 10% off the preowned immediately. Takes about one day for the membership details to load into the system. Will be able to use your discount online or in-store. Have to be a MyBestBuy Member before signing up for Unlocked. Can do that online or in the store as well. Just need a MyBestBuy member number so you can get your discounts going forward.

And if you haven't preordered Titanfall and are interested, might as well do that today as well. You'll get a $10 MyBestBuy cert for preordering and purchasing the first week. Get that about 15 days after you buy the game. And yes, you'll get 20% off the game as well for being Unlocked.

And yes, you can use your gift cards from the Xbox One trade-in deal being talked about here ($45 for select Xbox One games, ends Tuesday as well) to sign up for Unlocked.

Happy Titanfall everybody.

I was on the fence about this deal.  I decided to go with it and bought Titanfall the same night for $47.99.  At least I know it will pay for itself in the long run.

i think ill get some good use of it as well... heck its two years of new releases at $10 off plus nice sale prices here and there... its a no brainer

Did anyone sign up for 2 memberships (i.e., 4 years) on the same account this week?  Just curious: did they send you 2 sets of welcome coupons? 

Last edited by a moderator:
ALSO   go to your local best buy    our stores   did not take them down and was able to buy  cousin a   membership for 2 years for 60 toady

So this was interesting.

eylFMt0l.jpg

I bought Yoshi's New Island today along with the Hardcover Zelda 3DS guide as I had the "50% off any guide" coupon to use from the Gamer's Club Unlocked welcome e-mail to use. (Which the cashier was gracious enough to type in off of my phone as I forgot to print it before I left work.)

Now Best But is running a "Buy a game, save 15% off any guide promo" as well, so the 15% off and the 50% stacked, as I expected. What I wasn't expecting was an additional 15% savings. Anyone know what's up with that?

and I thought $20/yr was expensive for the prevs program, hell if I'm breaking even for this membership or losing on this deal, haven't bought one game from best buy since like almost xmas,. and I was spending a lot before. sorry just don't see the deals anymore. I hardly ever buy new release games anymore. maybe I'm just on the fringe now. keep your ridiculous $60/yr membership. I'm kinda shocked so many suckers are falling for this scam. Good luck guys. This is cheap ass gamer right?

So this was interesting.

eylFMt0l.jpg

I bought Yoshi's New Island today along with the Hardcover Zelda 3DS guide as I had the "50% off any guide" coupon to use from the Gamer's Club Unlocked welcome e-mail to use. (Which the cashier was gracious enough to type in off of my phone as I forgot to print it before I left work.)

Now Best But is running a "Buy a game, save 15% off any guide promo" as well, so the 15% off and the 50% stacked, as I expected. What I wasn't expecting was an additional 15% savings. Anyone know what's up with that?
Old news, I reported this a few days ago. Seems bugged and is applying it a second time. Same thing happens if you use the B2G1 coupon for used games with your GCU.

me too, but if I prefer to wait and spend my $30 - $40 on the next 2 games. maybe it's just the old man in me. don't even have a xbox1 yet, made that mistake last time, never again.

i went to best buy yesterday and bought halo wars.  cashier scanned my card and then the game but no 20% off to being GCU.  i told him  so he asked the other guy and he said only on new games not games on sale.  i said that makes so sense and i paid and left.  so was he right or not.  because it works online.  all the games i bought the last 4months i bought online and got my 20% off.  what should i do to get my 20% off

i went to best buy yesterday and bought halo wars. cashier scanned my card and then the game but no 20% off to being GCU. i told him so he asked the other guy and he said only on new games not games on sale. i said that makes so sense and i paid and left. so was he right or not. because it works online. all the games i bought the last 4months i bought online and got my 20% off. what should i do to get my 20% off
It's all new games, sale prices or not. If it works online, order one online for store pickup and return the other one and tell a manager.

i went to best buy yesterday and bought halo wars. cashier scanned my card and then the game but no 20% off to being GCU. i told him so he asked the other guy and he said only on new games not games on sale. i said that makes so sense and i paid and left. so was he right or not. because it works online. all the games i bought the last 4months i bought online and got my 20% off. what should i do to get my 20% off
You get 20% off ALL new games including CE. It stacks with sale prices so you should get it. Best Buy ran a B1G1 for 50% off 3DS games and I got the GCU discount. I would of talked to a manager but I've met some clueless BBY managers in the past. Try logging in your online account and add a game on sale. When you go to checkout it should show the discount.

What are you guys using your "10% off digital purchase up to $15" coupon for? If you guys are even using it. I can't think of anything, unless it works on currency cards.

same thing happened to me as well, tried purchasing a new game, but the register won't take 20% off.

not the true cheap asses.... I look forward to $10 - $20 price drop range.
$60. 20%off. $48.

$10 preorder reward Certificate. Trade game back in on a promo $20-40 (depending on how long you keep it)

-$2 to $18 out of pocket to play a game on day 1 and be part of that conversation. very. cheap. ass. :)

(yes i realize the GCU costs something)...it all depends on how many you want to play in a year. if just a few, might not be worth it.

What are you guys using your "10% off digital purchase up to $15" coupon for? If you guys are even using it. I can't think of anything, unless it works on currency cards.
I haven't the slightest idea. Have gotten four of those coupons now and never used a one of them. Anyone have any suggestions?

wondering how good of a DEAL is this if you have gamefly.

if your a  gamefly member  for a year your already getting 10% off     what knocks the price of the games around the same on handheld games.  without having to spend the extra 120

wondering how good of a DEAL is this if you have gamefly.

if your a gamefly member for a year your already getting 10% off what knocks the price of the games around the same on handheld games. without having to spend the extra 120
Of course it's not a good deal at $120, but at $60, it is. I can think of at least 15 games I want coming out in the next year that I'd get day one. Already saved $15 buying 2 games, so that's 1/4 of the cost knocked off in a week.

On an unrelated note:

I'm sad that the FFX/X-2 strategy guide is sold out. :( Wanted to use my coupons and get 65% off of it. I mean, I still have the original guides for FF X and X-2 separately, but they're kinda raggedy. I didn't take care of my stuff as well when I was younger.

And I'm kind of ticked that you can preorder MGS V: Ground Zeroes for every console but the PS4! Seriously, what gives? Hopefully they'll have a few extra copies in stock when I go to pick up X/X-2 on Tuesday.

I think my first GCU impulse buy is coming...probably gonna preorder Infamous for $48, blast through the story and trade it back in for $40+.  

I think my first GCU impulse buy is coming...probably gonna preorder Infamous for $48, blast through the story and trade it back in for $40+.
honestly, even if you dont blast through, should hold value for awhile. I traded the red copy of infamous 1 to Gamestop for $30 (with a 30% trade bonus) the summer they gave it to people for free...was like 12-18 mos after it came out

Of course it's not a good deal at $120, but at $60, it is. I can think of at least 15 games I want coming out in the next year that I'd get day one. Already saved $15 buying 2 games, so that's 1/4 of the cost knocked off in a week.

On an unrelated note:

I'm sad that the FFX/X-2 strategy guide is sold out. :( Wanted to use my coupons and get 65% off of it. I mean, I still have the original guides for FF X and X-2 separately, but they're kinda raggedy. I didn't take care of my stuff as well when I was younger.

And I'm kind of ticked that you can preorder MGS V: Ground Zeroes for every console but the PS4! Seriously, what gives? Hopefully they'll have a few extra copies in stock when I go to pick up X/X-2 on Tuesday.
compair that to gamefly though how much are you really saving.

if your the first one to play the game its brand new just like buying it new

IE FFX X2 with the 20% discount is 32.. Keep it is 30 via gamefly

Anyone going in and price matching to a competitor and then getting 20% off of the price matched price?  I remember when they first introduced it in November I was getting this to work but last 3 times it has not and now they changed the agreement to be only 20% off a new game at the Best buy price, not off a price matched price.  Makes the gamers club unlocked a lot less desirable since they are not usually offering the lowest prices on  games early on at the time they are released. 

Not a GCU question, just a general BB question: Do video game consoles also get double reward zone points? Debating a Titanfall bundle purchase and this would help me decide.

do you have more than one best buy to check? maybe it's too late (since the shipment would probably already be distributing? I only say so b/c i definitely pre-ordered MGSV:GZ for ps4 from BBUY.

do you have more than one best buy to check? maybe it's too late (since the shipment would probably already be distributing? I only say so b/c i definitely pre-ordered MGSV:GZ for ps4 from BBUY.
I'm not sure... like... Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster is coming out the same day, and you can still preorder that. And Ground Zeroes is still available for every console. Just not the PS4. It just says "coming soon" on the PS4 page. I clicked search by store and it says "coming soon" for every location. I'll just have to hope they have extra copies.

Not a GCU question, just a general BB question: Do video game consoles also get double reward zone points? Debating a Titanfall bundle purchase and this would help me decide.
You could always sign up for a Best Buy Credit card if you don't have one and get 1248 points for the purchase if you don't use financing.

I was wondering and if its been stated before I apologize for asking. If I price match a game that is on sale for $39.99 at Amazon, will Best Buy Price match the game and then give the 20% for being a GCU member? Or does the 20% get excluded because of the price match?

I'm not sure... like... Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster is coming out the same day, and you can still preorder that. And Ground Zeroes is still available for every console. Just not the PS4. It just says "coming soon" on the PS4 page. I clicked search by store and it says "coming soon" for every location. I'll just have to hope they have extra copies.
i went to preorder FF X 2 today and it would NOT Take the 20% off for some reason

I was wondering and if its been stated before I apologize for asking. If I price match a game that is on sale for $39.99 at Amazon, will Best Buy Price match the game and then give the 20% for being a GCU member? Or does the 20% get excluded because of the price match?
20% doesn't work on price matched games.

picked up BF4 (PS4) when it was 49.99 and just traded it back with the 10% bump for $44. even more stoked to the 20% off MGS and Infamous this week. well worth the $60 to join. thanks again OP!

bread's done
Back