MyBestBuy Unlocked Membership - Two Day Sale for $60 (save 50%) - Ends 3/11/14

dc delta90

CAGiversary!
Posted this in the Unlocked thread but thought it might deserve its own thread.

Two year membership for $60 instead of the regular $119.99. Don't have to buy anything else to get the deal. Today (Monday) and Tuesday only. In store only.

Just go into your local Best Buy, grab one of the Unlocked cards (they're blue, kind of look like an Xbox Live card), take it to the register and it will ring up for $60. Make sure you buy any new or preowned games you want on the same transaction and you'll get 20% off the new ones and 10% off the preowned immediately. Takes about one day for the membership details to load into the system. Will be able to use your discount online or in-store. Have to be a MyBestBuy Member before signing up for Unlocked. Can do that online or in the store as well. Just need a MyBestBuy member number so you can get your discounts going forward.

And if you haven't preordered Titanfall and are interested, might as well do that today as well. You'll get a $10 MyBestBuy cert for preordering and purchasing the first week. Get that about 15 days after you buy the game. And yes, you'll get 20% off the game as well for being Unlocked.

And yes, you can use your gift cards from the Xbox One trade-in deal being talked about here ($45 for select Xbox One games, ends Tuesday as well) to sign up for Unlocked.

Happy Titanfall everybody.

So against my better judgement, I broke down and signed up today.

Does the 50% off Strategy Guide coupon stack with the "15% off guide with game purchase" deal? Which would be taken off first?
Took the 15% off first then the 50%. Doesn't matter the order though because math.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heading to BBY to sign up for this. Do I have to use the coupon within a certain time frame or can I wait to use it till next month or so?

Fun fact looking at my receipts, it took the 15% bundle discount off twice on each guide. Just like it took the 10% GCU off the used games twice. Yay BBY math.

Heading to BBY to sign up for this. Do I have to use the coupon within a certain time frame or can I wait to use it till next month or so?

The welcome coupons or what? If it's the welcome coupons I got my previous set from renewing at the end of December and they were dated the end of April.

The welcome coupons or what? If it's the welcome coupons I got my previous set from renewing at the end of December and they were dated the end of April.
Yes the welcome coupons, sorry for not specifying. Ok great. I can hold off on getting Yoshi's new Island then and wait till Disney Magical World comes out. The coupon is for new games though right? If so then I wish it would expire after May so I can use it with Mario Kart 8.

Yes the welcome coupons, sorry for not specifying. Ok great. I can hold off on getting Yoshi's new Island then and wait till Disney Magical World comes out. The coupon is for new games though right? If so then I wish it would expire after May so I can use it with Mario Kart 8.
No the coupon is buy 2 get 1 free used games not new

The B2G1? They used to have those but now it's just used.

Finally Signed up today as well.  I've looked everywhere for my coupons.  Where do I find them.  Especially the 50% off Strat guide.

Do any of you guys know if Best Buy is getting the limited edition of FFX/X-2, the one with the artbook case? The website doesn't say anything about it AT ALL. The picture is just the standard case. A best buy rep in a forum said that they ARE getting the limited edition and that the product page would be updated in a few weeks, but it never was, so it's making me kind of wary. I want to preorder it from best buy so I can get the GCU discount, but I don't want to risk it being just the standard edition.
They have a display at my local best buy that says preorder now for a free upgrade to limited edition with an art book.

Signed up today, did not get welcome coupons, did not get 10% trade bonus, did not get 10$ bonus for Titanfall.

I totally forgot to head to bestbuy after work. I planned to get a burrito next door, but then at 6pm I have no idea why I wanted to go to that Chipotle and not the closer one. I guess I will have to wait for the next deal on this to hopefully pop up.

happened to check the forum a few minutes ago and just walked out of BB a new GCU member-thanks everyone

just picked up a Wii U for my kids and this will definitely come in handy over the next two years :)

Extended my gcu with no problems. Mybestbuy updated immediately. Expires December 2017 now. Now I just need BB to extend to February like they said they would. Feb 2018 sounds much better than Dec 2017.

Hopefully that allays people's fears. No need to do 2 accounts.

I seen someone say they got like $47 for trading in Ghosts. When I went to get the membership, I asked about the TIV for ghosts on the ps4 and was told it's $15. Is there a promo going on?

Just spent an hour with Best Buy trying to get them to let me join and get this deal on the phone.  The call center couldn't do it.  The in store people couldn't do it.  I live over an hour away from Best Buy so I'm not going to drive up there to get the deal.

Too bad for them.  They need to keep their loyal customers happy.  I would use this at least a couple of times a month.  Maybe they'll run it again when the next big game comes out but I might just be too pissed to keep shopping there.

I can't believe all the bad decisions they're making.  15 day return policy, in store only deals, eliminating the original game program, making it so difficult to get anything worthwhile with their reward zone anymore..  They may as well quit price matching other stores, that's almost as dumb as their other recent moves.

I think its, trade any X1 game towards Titanfall, get $45
Was trade select Xone games and get $22.50 plus 100% bonus.

Too bad for them. They need to keep their loyal customers happy. I would use this at least a couple of times a month. Maybe they'll run it again when the next big game comes out but I might just be too pissed to keep shopping there.

The very definition of loyal customer right there!

I got this today at BBY... thanks to the OP for posting.  Got $6.75 bonus for trading in 3 Xbox One games.  Now I just need to make up the other 53.25 over the next 2 years :)

No luck on 2 years for $15 even my local BB still have the old $14.99 per year flyer.  End up get 2 years for $40 instead that's the best they can do for me ;)   I'll trade-in all 4 copies COD Ghost tomorrow ;)

I don't see this advertised anywhere, if true I need to get on this
Shows it on the trade site but doesn't have a specific end date. Safe assumption is through Saturday since they update trade promos on Sundays with the new ad cycle.

No luck on 2 years for $15 even my local BB still have the old $14.99 per year flyer. End up get 2 years for $40 instead that's the best they can do for me ;) I'll trade-in all 4 copies COD Ghost tomorrow ;)
You probably won't be getting $45 anymore if they're all Xone, and if they are you'll wind up banned from trading at BBY.

How long does it take to activate your membership? I would like to preorder some games this weekend.

As long as you already have an active MyBBY account when you sign up for it the GCU should be near instant.

How long does it take to activate your membership? I would like to preorder some games this weekend.
The same time you pay for it, it'll activate during the next transaction. Though if your a new best buy rewards club member in general, some people say wait a few hours before it'll reflect any discounts

I'm now part of the GCU. Looking forward to capitalizing on some deals you fellow CAG's find.

I check CAG every day and how the heck did I miss this deal! I would have jumped on this in a heartbeat.

Is there anyway to buy this online before midnight?

Jumped in on this yesterday afternoon. Me and two of my buds split the membership and put it under my name (Since I buy the most.) So $20 for 2 years? Sounds good to me. Thanks for the heads up OP!

Jumped in on this yesterday afternoon. Me and two of my buds split the membership and put it under my name (Since I buy the most.) So $20 for 2 years? Sounds good to me. Thanks for the heads up OP!
Just keep in mind that you're only able to buy 3 copies of a title across all systems.

Didn't think I'd ever spring for membership but I couldn't pass (even though I'm broke). It was getting so hard to see those awesome GCU prices and miss out. THX OP!

bread's done
Back