MyBestBuy Unlocked Membership - Two Day Sale for $60 (save 50%) - Ends 3/11/14

dc delta90

CAGiversary!
Posted this in the Unlocked thread but thought it might deserve its own thread.

Two year membership for $60 instead of the regular $119.99. Don't have to buy anything else to get the deal. Today (Monday) and Tuesday only. In store only.

Just go into your local Best Buy, grab one of the Unlocked cards (they're blue, kind of look like an Xbox Live card), take it to the register and it will ring up for $60. Make sure you buy any new or preowned games you want on the same transaction and you'll get 20% off the new ones and 10% off the preowned immediately. Takes about one day for the membership details to load into the system. Will be able to use your discount online or in-store. Have to be a MyBestBuy Member before signing up for Unlocked. Can do that online or in the store as well. Just need a MyBestBuy member number so you can get your discounts going forward.

And if you haven't preordered Titanfall and are interested, might as well do that today as well. You'll get a $10 MyBestBuy cert for preordering and purchasing the first week. Get that about 15 days after you buy the game. And yes, you'll get 20% off the game as well for being Unlocked.

And yes, you can use your gift cards from the Xbox One trade-in deal being talked about here ($45 for select Xbox One games, ends Tuesday as well) to sign up for Unlocked.

Happy Titanfall everybody.

I'm planning on going to bestbuy tomorrow to trade in 3 games for $45 each and buy Titanfall. If I bought GCU first would it show up instantly on my account to get the 20% off the game and 10% extra on the trade in?

I'm also trying to decide if it makes more sense to buy GCU first with money out of my pocket to get the extra 10% trade in credit, or trade in items first and then buy it with the credit I get from that.

yeah, the brochures are old price.  i asked the guy how much  it was, and he said, 14.99, reading the brochure, but it scanned at 60, as expected.  I was at the service counter though, so lots of management around. 

So im guessing by me getting this I'll be able to get games at discounts for friends as well... should help me get additional certs, etc.

Assuming I can pay it off with a gift card?

Last edited by a moderator:
So im guessing by me getting this I'll be able to get games at discounts for friends as well... should help me get additional certs, etc.

Assuming I can pay it off with a gift card?
Yup. Discounts limited to 3 copies of the same title. You only get one cert per title though (so 3 copies of Titanfall would've only gotten you one $10 cert).

Yes, you can pay with gc. That's what I did.

Yup. Discounts limited to 3 copies of the same title. You only get one cert per title though (so 3 copies of Titanfall would've only gotten you one $10 cert).

Yes, you can pay with gc. That's what I did.
Thanks.

And I was referring to the regular reward zone certs or w.e that buildup as you spend money at bb.

And just games right? No discounts on accessories? I never buy used from them anyways

Thanks.

And I was referring to the regular reward zone certs or w.e that buildup as you spend money at bb.

And just games right? No discounts on accessories? I never buy used from them anyways
Oh, yeah. Unless you pay with gc's, you will earn pts in your My BB account (2x). And yes, just discount on games.

Can I buy Gamers Club Unlocked with a Best Buy gift card?

I'd like to trade in Forza 5 and Dead Rising 3 for $45 each today and then use that gift card to purchase the $60 GCU

Okay two questions:

2) Does the 20% off stack with coupon offers? I see a current coupon for 50% off a Wii U headset. Does my 20% come off before or after that coupon or not at all in combination with it?
For games, yes, Theres a twenty off of The Last of us, and ten off of Kingdom hearts 1.5, 32 for TLoU, and 16 for KH1.5, Online it stacks atleast, Also, it comes off after the coupon.

Just a quick confirmation, because the Best Buy Website's not too clear: Does the 20% discount apply to, for example, eShop cards?

I'm in the boat of Wii U owners who would like discounts on first-party games to be a thing, but I don't really have any interest in owning more boxes and discs and whatnot.

Just a quick confirmation, because the Best Buy Website's not too clear: Does the 20% discount apply to, for example, eShop cards?

I'm in the boat of Wii U owners who would like discounts on first-party games to be a thing, but I don't really have any interest in owning more boxes and discs and whatnot.
Only games and the occasional thing like Skylanders and Infinity figures.

Doesn't work on E-Shop, PSN, or Xbox cards.

Only games and the occasional thing like Skylanders and Infinity figures.
Doesn't work on E-Shop, PSN, or Xbox cards.
Gotcha. Thanks for that! The website says that it works on "digital content" and also on "accessories," and value cards could conceivably be classified as either, but it's ambiguous.

Edit: But it says double points on those things, and 20% off only on new games (meaning physical boxes containing physical discs). I read goodly.

Has anyone tried opening up a second rz account? Would it work with the same name and address but different # and email?

Went in yesterday to trade in Dead Rising, Forza 5, and Ryse. Used the GC to buy the Gamers Unlocked and pre-ordered TitanFall on my phone. Membership discount was available right away. I would have pre-ordered in store but the system wouldn't allow it due to midnight release but pre-order was still available online. 

I know for sure I'm picking up Destiny, Watch Dogs, and Elder Scrolls Online as a day one pick up so the 20% + $10 cert will already have me covered. 

I really wish I could do this online or through calling customer service since my ass can't make it up there at all. Oh well, I'm sure another sell will pop up eventually.

Minute 10 of customer service looking for the card to scan for me to pay for the GC Unlocked program. No wonder more people don't sign up.

Can anyone confirm this working in NorCal, I called a couple BBs and they had no idea what I was talking about.
I don't think anyone has been denied the sale yet. Its probably just not known among all employees since its just a perk for gamers and people weren't lining up to pay $120 for a 20% discount on new games for 2 years. It'll be best to go in-store if you can.

Works in Norcal, Sacramento, if they can't find the card they can enter in the SKU # 3081375. Although the the guy told me the deal is going to last until Saturday. He works in the Gaming department but it might be a special extended date for certain regions/stores?

Someone stated that they were able to.
worked for me. bought the GCU. did the trades. mgr came over to help and make sure i got the bonus. it probably helped that i already had a rewards zone account, so it was just a matter of upgrading, not a new account.

10% was only applied to the base value (not the bonus value), but it was only a couple bucks difference so i didnt say anything

Had to go to 2 Best Buys for it to work. The first one denied me saying it was a price error, the 2nd store didn't have any cards but I gave them the sku and it worked.

I had a similar experience at my Best Buy. No cards on the floor and with three people looking they found them behind the customer service counter. Nobody knew about the sale which didn't matter since it rings up at sale price. Best Buy certainly isn't pushing GCU too hard.

Works in Tigard, OR.

Had to explain it to the customer service, but he pulled the SKU off his computer (Bestbuy.com) and scanned it.  FIRST, it didn't work, but only because I hadn't put in my phone number yet (MY BEST BUY required!).  Once he had that, it showed a 59.99 discount and I paid 60 for the two years.  :D/

Hope this helps!

EDIT:  Also, no card necessary.  My store hasn't had any forever!  Again he just pulled the SKU off a print-out from his online system and scanned that.

Can anyone confirm this working in NorCal, I called a couple BBs and they had no idea what I was talking about.
I went into the store and 2 employees had no idea what I was talking about. I had them scan the GCU card that was still marked at full price. It rang up for $60 and I bought titanfall with it as well.

bread's done
Back