MyBestBuy Unlocked Membership - Two Day Sale for $60 (save 50%) - Ends 3/11/14

dc delta90

CAGiversary!
Posted this in the Unlocked thread but thought it might deserve its own thread.

Two year membership for $60 instead of the regular $119.99. Don't have to buy anything else to get the deal. Today (Monday) and Tuesday only. In store only.

Just go into your local Best Buy, grab one of the Unlocked cards (they're blue, kind of look like an Xbox Live card), take it to the register and it will ring up for $60. Make sure you buy any new or preowned games you want on the same transaction and you'll get 20% off the new ones and 10% off the preowned immediately. Takes about one day for the membership details to load into the system. Will be able to use your discount online or in-store. Have to be a MyBestBuy Member before signing up for Unlocked. Can do that online or in the store as well. Just need a MyBestBuy member number so you can get your discounts going forward.

And if you haven't preordered Titanfall and are interested, might as well do that today as well. You'll get a $10 MyBestBuy cert for preordering and purchasing the first week. Get that about 15 days after you buy the game. And yes, you'll get 20% off the game as well for being Unlocked.

And yes, you can use your gift cards from the Xbox One trade-in deal being talked about here ($45 for select Xbox One games, ends Tuesday as well) to sign up for Unlocked.

Happy Titanfall everybody.

I'm going in this afternoon with some trades and to sign up for GCU. Can anyone tell me if the 10% extra trade in applies in addition to the 100% promo on trades right now?

Echoing others' experiences here.  Nobody had a clue and couldn't find the card, there was a lot of confusion as it asks for a "bundle" which really means scan your My Best Buy card.

Went back today to pick up Titanfall and got stuck with the lady at the front desk who explains Every. Single. Offer. In great painstaking detail to every person in line.  Her average checkout time must be 10 minutes per person.  Perhaps I'm too polite to simply shut her down.

I was able to do it this morning however they put it on the wrong member id (I had 2 and forgot to combine them) so I had to call Best Buy to combine the accounts. They told me the GCU would transfer over

searched entire gaming section and no cards.. luckily went to register and she knew about it and they had the cards there.

hope it went through right.. my phone number brought up rewards and shopkick account.. not sure which she selected after that.

I still prefer PSN+ sales, cause you don't have to worry about tax, but the BestBuy 20% sub isn't too bad. If it weren't taxed somehow, then I might get it.

Does anyone know if it applys to giftcards, or game vouchers and such? Cause those aren't taxed from BestBuy usually. Then I could see a major use to subscribe. 20% all gift cards...+ eventual sales on PSN with Plus, not too shabby...I doubt they get a discount though.

My store only had 2 cards left.  They were very difficult to find because they have prepaid cards, DLC cards, XBL Cards, etc in many different sections in the Video Game Dept.

I even asked someone in the dept before I found the cards and he didn't know what I was talking about.

It did ring up as $60 so I bought one.

Also, I checked my GamerClub membership on My.bestbuy.com and it already shows the 2 year extension. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I still prefer PSN+ sales, cause you don't have to worry about tax, but the BestBuy 20% sub isn't too bad. If it weren't taxed somehow, then I might get it.

Does anyone know if it applys to giftcards, or game vouchers and such? Cause those aren't taxed from BestBuy usually. Then I could see a major use to subscribe. 20% all gift cards...+ eventual sales on PSN with Plus, not too shabby...I doubt they get a discount though.
It applies to physical disc copies of games only no accessories or game cards or digital items

I was at the Best Buy 30 miles away yesterday, found this deal and thought it warranted driving BACK there today.

I got this, used the coupon to get The Last of Us $20 off and the Dark Souls 2, Perky Jerky and Coke $15 gift card promotion. Both games also got 20% off from the Unlocked subscription.

So I got The Last of Us, Dark Souls 2, Gamer Club Unlocked for 2 years, some jerky, a coke and $15 gift card for $155...lots of computer issues getting it to work but was totally worth the drive.

Damn it feels good to be a CAGster.

Just wanted to chime in here and say thanks for posting this deal. Went to BB today and a customer rep asked if they could help me, I asked about the $60 GCU and he took me to a register and got me taken care of.  You don't have to have any physical cards to get it as long as they have access to the SKU#.  Anyhow thanks again!

Great deal, I had been considering it at $120, so $60 was a no brainer - thanks OP!  Got the last card that was out at a Northern Virginia store, and the cashier had to ask for help to ring it up (she just needed to tie it to my My Best Buy account), but no issues otherwise.

Sorry if this has already been covered, but can the discount be used on the website even though the card itself for the $60 can't be bought on the website? BB is pretty damn far, and I do most of my purchases on the website, although there is a location in my area. Just don't want to drop $60 for nothing since I rarely go to that store.

Sorry if this has already been covered, but can the discount be used on the website even though the card itself for the $60 can't be bought on the website? BB is pretty damn far, and I do most of my purchases on the website, although there is a location in my area. Just don't want to drop $60 for nothing since I rarely go to that store.
Yes, discount applies automatically once you link the My BBY account to a BBY.com account.

I went just to see if they still mistakenly had the $15 brochures out. They didn't. I didn't see the cards and didn't want to take a chance at buy 2 CODs at Target only to have them not find the card to subscribe. I took it as a sign. I just don't buy enough to justify $60.

I went just to see if they still mistakenly had the $15 brochures out. They didn't. I didn't see the cards and didn't want to take a chance at buy 2 CODs at Target only to have them not find the card to subscribe. I took it as a sign. I just don't buy enough to justify $60.
Or you could have asked someone and they could have found it or gotten the SKU.

this is a two year commitment though

At this price you only need to save or earn $2.50 per month to break even many CAG`s who paid the $30/$60 have already recouped their sub fees. If you`re getting the titanfall CE your cost becomes profit on just 1 game. Saving $50 + tax & getting $15 credit.

For all the GCU newbies

The 20% discount DOESN`T work on consoles probably never will due to profit margins unless you wanna see the GCU price increase to $200.

At this point YOU CAN`T sign up/join GCU on Bestbuy.com probably just the normal BB non-thinking like not allowing GCU coupons online or GCU coupons not stacking with sale prices(both policies have since changed accordingly. But this can change based on customer demand/feedback. Vote for it here if you wanna be able to join GCU thru Bestbuy.com.
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Please-start-allowing-GCU-sign-ups-on-BestBuy-com/idi-p/781019

The 20% discount DOESN`T work on digital gaming & the sales on physical copies aren`t applying either to PSN/XBL/Steam but this can change based on customer demand/feedback. Vote for it here if you want it included as a benefit for GCU.
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Allow-Gamer-s-Club-Unlocked-the-same-discount-on-digital-games/idi-p/773069

The 20% discount DOESN`T work on gaming accessories but this too can changed based on customer demand/feedback. Vote for it here if you want it included as a benefit for GCU.
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/20-discount-off-video-game-accessories-for-GCU/idi-p/785533

So I just signed up for the GCU membership today in Milpitas, will my trade-ins today be bumped up 10% or how long do I have to wait? I would like to take advantage of the 100% promo going on at the moment.

Thanks everyone for awaring me on this amazing deal!

So I just signed up for the GCU membership today in Milpitas, will my trade-ins today be bumped up 10% or how long do I have to wait? I would like to take advantage of the 100% promo going on at the moment.

Thanks everyone for awaring me on this amazing deal!
I bought GCU membership in one transaction, and then did my trade in on the next one 2 min later. 10% bump was already added by then.

Please note: i already had a rewards zone account, so they just had to upgrade me...YMMV and if you started a new account outright, it might take longer.

Thanks, I logged in to my Rewards account and I see I am an Unlocked member as of today. I will go try trading in games later on today.

My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked through 3/10/2018

Did I get signed up for 4 years, instead of 2 years? I thought this was a 2 year membership?

Thanks, I logged in to my Rewards account and I see I am an Unlocked member as of today. I will go try trading in games later on today.

My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked through 3/10/2018

Did I get signed up for 4 years, instead of 2 years? I thought this was a 2 year membership?
Should be two, maybe you got lucky. Wouldn't be the first time someone got the wrong end date but most were shorter than they should have been.

worker stands there and just looks at you  like they dont understand anything.   fuck best buy    already call up and disputed my last purchase with them i knew i should never went back into their  piss ass store

now they are so fucking lazy  they  disconnect their  local phone and you have to call a 800 line just to get connected to the store. 

I am now a GCU member.

I no longer have to feel left out when you guys say "...or $X.XX with GCU."

I am one of you.

Hello, my brethren.

i am now a GCU member as well.  Took advantage of the X1 trade ins and got Titanfall there.  It's ridiculous to think I traded in COD: Ghosts for 47.50 and can pre-order Batman: Arkham Knight for 48.00 plus tax.  That's just ridiculous.

The bb employees are freaking out and arguing amongst themselves over whether GCU is an actual card I get or a SKU. I assumed they could just upgrade my account as I am already a rewards member and ex-GCU member. Maybe I'm smarter than them?

Also going to try the "didn't know about the $30 coupon" pitch and see what luck I have. In fairness, I moved and didn't update address so was never aware of the renewal coupon for existing members until it already expired.

The bb employees are freaking out and arguing amongst themselves over whether GCU is an actual card I get or a SKU. I assumed they could just upgrade my account as I am already a rewards member and ex-GCU member. Maybe I'm smarter than them?

Also going to try the "didn't know about the $30 coupon" pitch and see what luck I have. In fairness, I moved and didn't update address so was never aware of the renewal coupon for existing members until it already expired.
The card is just a generic UPC that brings up the same thing as typing in the SKU... :roll:

Welcome to GCU, you new guys are going to love it in here.
I wasn't sure about it at first, but once it started, I was hooked.

Just came back from BBY myself, and signed up for a second GC under my wifes account. There have already been a couple of times where I've been worried about the 3 game limit, so now if I need to, I can buy a couple of games under her account.

Do any of you guys know if Best Buy is getting the limited edition of FFX/X-2, the one with the artbook case? The website doesn't say anything about it AT ALL. The picture is just the standard case. A best buy rep in a forum said that they ARE getting the limited edition and that the product page would be updated in a few weeks, but it never was, so it's making me kind of wary. I want to preorder it from best buy so I can get the GCU discount, but I don't want to risk it being just the standard edition.

I think some people forget. You get the 2x points with just the free membership and the $10 for pre-order is also for the free membership.

Paid gets you 20% off new, 10% off pre-owned, 10% extra on trades and some welcome coupons.

Do any of you guys know if Best Buy is getting the limited edition of FFX/X-2, the one with the artbook case? The website doesn't say anything about it AT ALL. The picture is just the standard case. A best buy rep in a forum said that they ARE getting the limited edition and that the product page would be updated in a few weeks, but it never was, so it's making me kind of wary. I want to preorder it from best buy so I can get the GCU discount, but I don't want to risk it being just the standard edition.
If it doesn't say it at this point I wouldn't count on it with BBY but it's really hard to tell sometimes.

I think some people forget. You get the 2x points with just the free membership and the $10 for pre-order is also for the free membership.

Paid gets you 20% off new, 10% off pre-owned, 10% extra on trades and some welcome coupons.
That first B2G1 coupon alone nearly paid for today's $60 membership.

Not saying its bad deal ( i jumped on it when it was $30) just saying people are confused what it actually gives yu.

my store has crap selection for pre-owned. I need to try and trade this for something.

I considered, then remembered how few games I buy there lately and how bad most TIVs are anyway.

Especially now that my Premier Silver finally lapsed.

So against my better judgement, I broke down and signed up today.

Does the 50% off Strategy Guide coupon stack with the "15% off guide with game purchase" deal? Which would be taken off first?

I caved in and bought it. $30 a year and 20% off all new games, it won't take very long to make my money back. I look forward to the future of the program too, as it ages, I'm sure it'll expand to give even better value. Thanks, TC!

bread's done
Back