N64 vs Playstation

[quote name='MSI Magus']But it should be very easily to objectivlly say that the PSX absolutely dominated that era.[/quote]
Lol, no.

Nintendo stuck with carts because if you wanted to make a 3rd party game for their system you had to buy the carts from them. This meant that Nintendo made money not just on every game sold for the N64 but also every game MADE for the N64. Same went for the previous systems, hence the lawsuit between Nintendo and Atari because Atari reverse engineered the carts and made their own. So the end result was that a 3rd party publisher could lose money on a game and Nintendo still made money off them and this pissed off the 3rd party guys to no end.

Sony realized this from their own private deals with Nintendo and the failed successor to the SNES they were both working on. Sony offered a way better deal to developers and they flocked to the PS1 in droves because of this.

Part of why Nintendo lost their grip on the industry back then was because of their downright greed.

[quote name='onikage']The sheer number of incredible games for the PS1 puts it ahead of the N64. However, for some reason I find myself playing my N64 more often. Games like Perfect Dark, Goldeneye, Mario Golf, Mario Kart and Wave Race are still a lot of fun. I guess that could have something to do with the fact that a lot of my favorite PS1 games are RPGs, which I may not ever spend the time to play through again.

So, while the PS1 has the edge in overall greatness, the N64 wins in terms of pick-up-and-play fun.[/quote]
The N64's lineup did nothing for me. The only game I enjoyed on the console was WaveRace 64. The PS1's lineup, on the other hand, gives me a polygonal chubby just thinking about it.

Plus, DualShock > N64 Spaceship controller thingie...

Music and sound in games is pretty important to me.. and the sound quality in N64's games just did not impress me. Especially after being amazed with recent CD technology in home consoles like Sega CD, Saturn, and Playstation.

Don't get me wrong.. there were some games I really enjoyed on N64, but the majority were multiplayer-focused. And some friends at the time already had N64, so I'd just go chill at their place and play as a group.

I had an N64 but i was fairly young, so i did not matter to me all that much, but i wish i had a playstation so I could use the games on my ps3.

[quote name='We Are Ninja']The N64's lineup did nothing for me. The only game I enjoyed on the console was WaveRace 64. The PS1's lineup, on the other hand, gives me a polygonal chubby just thinking about it.

Plus, DualShock > N64 Spaceship controller thingie...[/quote]

Same here. Everything I wanted out of a console came with the PSone. N64 had some very classic titles, but by sheer volume of quality the PSone destroys it.

Goldeneye and Super Smash Brothers were the only real N64 titles that impressed me. Mario64, while not my taste, was also highly regarded. The Legend of Zelda as well. That's it.

PS1. It starts with the controller. The N64 controller is the 2nd worst to the Dreamcast as far as 1st party controllers go. The games on the N64 were mainly made by nintendo if they were worth playing. So really the N64 lacked the variety that the PS1 was getting from 3rd parties.

I was a big PS1 fan when the N64 was released, but I must admit that Mario 64 looked amazing when it was released and the N64 looked pretty tempting.

At the end of the day though the N64 was very good at what it did, but there weren't enough games released for it and they were way too expensive. Also in the UK the price of the thing dropped about 100 quid in a matter of a couple of months, we're used to that now but back then a lot of people felt they'd got screwed.

Maybe it was better in the US but in the UK they just didn't release enough games. Back in those days we had proper summer droughts for games, where nothing was released, at all. It was bad on the PS1 but the N64 seemed to be like that all the time.

When they did release games they'd generally blow most PS1 games out of the water, but they cost 2 or 3 times as much and you'd be waiting months for the next one.

In the UK certainly the PS1 kicked the arses of the N64 and Saturn, because back then Sony did a lot of things right. Things like releasing the Platinum range of titles really were masterstrokes back in the day.

Wow, we're still debating this? I honestly don't know how anyone can claim that the N64 wasn't completely worthless outside of a handful of games...

no audio compression vs audio compression
no compression vs compression
drm
development
and more

some reasons for ps1 vs n64

-fighting games on ps1 took the whole disc because the audio wasn't compressed
-n64's security was too hard for developers
-massive bootlegging of ps1 games vs n64 games
-developing games and the limited n64 hardware was also some reasons-but then again you have development from factor 5 which may have even exceeded what nintendo can do themselves.

even today we have some of the same arguements,
compression vs no compression
-nintendo uses a compressed sound system while the others don't use a compressed system

where ps1 dominated were in the rpg's and where nintendo dominated were in the fps and platforming.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pochaccoheaven']no audio compression vs audio compression
no compression vs compression
drm
development
and more

some reasons for ps1 vs n64

-fighting games on ps1 took the whole disc because the audio wasn't compressed
-n64's security was too hard for developers
-massive bootlegging of ps1 games vs n64 games
-developing games and the limited n64 hardware was also some reasons-but then again you have development from factor 5 which may have even exceeded what nintendo can do themselves.

even today we have some of the same arguements,
compression vs no compression
-nintendo uses a compressed sound system while the others don't use a compressed system

where ps1 dominated were in the rpg's and where nintendo dominated were in the fps and platforming.[/QUOTE]

I dont understand why you even bring up most of these points. Pointing out piracy is a joke since its an absoulte non factor to any gamer....if anything alot of people argue its in our better interest.

And again the N64 did not dominate in platformers. It won in 3D platformers but overall the PSX won because you get to add in titles like Tomba and Klonoa when you look at 2D. Also I like the way you point out 1 genre for the PSX and 2 for the 64(one of which as I stated it didnt even win in!).

[quote name='Chacrana']Wow, we're still debating this? I honestly don't know how anyone can claim that the N64 wasn't completely worthless outside of a handful of games...[/QUOTE]

I could say the same thing about that whole generation. Games looked like shit, and there were only a handful on each that I really loved. I had nearly quit gaming by the end of that generation.

[quote name='dmaul1114']I could say the same thing about that whole generation. Games looked like shit, and there were only a handful on each that I really loved. I had nearly quit gaming by the end of that generation.[/QUOTE]

Games that you loved. Thats the key. And how many did you play? And how picky are you. My N64 collection was about 35 games I thought were worth playing by the end of the generation. Meanwhile I found at least 100 PSX games that were worth playing and for the most part are still worth playing. The problem is just that people only played the big name PSX titles.

[quote name='Chacrana']Wow, we're still debating this? I honestly don't know how anyone can claim that the N64 wasn't completely worthless outside of a handful of games...[/quote]

i'm starting to believe that the n64 sucks. so i'll just admit that the n64 wasn't as successful as the ps1 due to the huge library that they have. similarly to the ps2, which had so much more games then the xbox and gamecube, which is the successful system last gen. hopefully the wii dies out soon and it'll only be microsoft and sony.

[quote name='pochaccoheaven']i'm starting to believe that the n64 sucks. so i'll just admit that the n64 wasn't as successful as the ps1 due to the huge library that they have. similarly to the ps2, which had so much more games then the xbox and gamecube, which is the successful system last gen. hopefully the wii dies out soon and it'll only be microsoft and sony.[/QUOTE]

If you enjoy the N64 thats great, dont let us convince you it sucks. Just sucks in comparison!

And why should the Wii die out? Ya Nintendo is giving their fans the finger right now and the Wii is kinda a joke.....but they still put out some of the best freaking games in the industry.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Games that you loved. Thats the key. And how many did you play? And how picky are you. My N64 collection was about 35 games I thought were worth playing by the end of the generation. Meanwhile I found at least 100 PSX games that were worth playing and for the most part are still worth playing. The problem is just that people only played the big name PSX titles.[/QUOTE]

I'm very picky and tend to only play AAA games in the couple genres I like since gaming isn't my top hobby by a long shot and was even less so that generation.

It's all subjective, some people loved that generation. I didn't like it nearly as much as the 16 bit generation or the current generation.

[quote name='dmaul1114']I could say the same thing about that whole generation. Games looked like shit, and there were only a handful on each that I really loved. I had nearly quit gaming by the end of that generation.[/QUOTE]

The problem with the 64 in particular was that there were none of the fighting games or shmups or straight-up action games like you had on the Saturn or PS1... it was almost entirely a system of shitty platformers. I don't want to hop and bop through a $$$gy fantasy land, thank you very much.

Yeah. I actually liked the platformers, but there just wasn't enough of them. Really just Mario and the Banjo games as far as AAA platfomers went.

See and the PSX was great for platformers, just 2D ones. I freaking love platformers and a good 2D one kicks a good 3D ones ass any day IMO.

[quote name='pochaccoheaven']i'm starting to believe that the n64 sucks. so i'll just admit that the n64 wasn't as successful as the ps1 due to the huge library that they have. similarly to the ps2, which had so much more games then the xbox and gamecube, which is the successful system last gen. hopefully the wii dies out soon and it'll only be microsoft and sony.[/quote]

N64 did not suck and I sure as hell would hate it if Nintendo stopped making home consoles.

I loved the PS1 because I like variety in art direction and game design.

[quote name='kube00']My thread has started an interesting discussion...please continue[/QUOTE]

If you want it to continue then how about adding something worth while to the debate.

[quote name='Genocidal']There's nothing left to add unless you want to be part of the narrow-minded Playstation circlejerk.[/QUOTE]

Or sit on the side line because you cant come up with a halfway decent debate because the 64 wasnt even half as good. Honestly we arnt sitting around circle jerking the playstation, the system had flaws and alot of games didnt hold up. The problem is just that the 64 had bigger problems...namely in its library.

And it's not like I just hate the N64 because I hate Nintendo - up until the 64, I only had Nintendo's shit. I didn't give a damn about the PS1 or the Saturn. I was so effin' excited for the N64, and I bought it the day it came out along with Mario 64, and I played that game for weeks. And then... Wave Race (lame), Shadows of the Empire (terrible), Pilotwings (lame) and Mario Kart 64 (meh.) There was absolutely nothing worth playing on the system, and this was the first time when I'd bought games for a Nintendo system and lost interest in mere days. It didn't help that fighting games were the in-thing at the time, and the N64 had the fecal Fighter's Destiny. What a fucking terrible game. Buying a Playstation mid-way through 1998 was the best decision I made back then. Sure, most of the PS1's games other than RPGs haven't aged well, but the N64 had far more games that were shit back then, and about 2 or 3 games worth playing now.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Or sit on the side line because you cant come up with a halfway decent debate because the 64 wasnt even half as good. Honestly we arnt sitting around circle jerking the playstation, the system had flaws and alot of games didnt hold up. The problem is just that the 64 had bigger problems...namely in its library.[/quote]
You're right. The N64 had many, many games that interested me while the PS1 only had a many games that interested me. The only thing that the PS1 has over the N64 is RPGs, and I liked one RPG on the PS1, and no, it wasn't FFVII.

[quote name='naes']The only thing that the PS1 has over the N64 is RPGs, and I liked one RPG on the PS1, and no, it wasn't FFVII.[/quote]

Try RPGs, Action, Adventure, 2D Side-Scrollers, Shooters, Fighting...

The N64 had a weak library that was saved by gems like Mario, Zelda and Smash.

[quote name='willardhaven']Try RPGs, Action, Adventure, 2D Side-Scrollers, Shooters, Fighting...

The N64 had a weak library that was saved by gems like Mario, Zelda and Smash.[/quote]
Weak library? I find myself wanting to go back and replay more N64 games than PS1 games.

There are only 2 games I truly missed from not having a PSX.

1) Castlevania: SOTN
2) FFVII.

However, in retrospect you could play FFVII on the PC, so that's out. SOTN's also on the PSP, if I was so inclined (I'm not - perfectly happy with DS). In the end, didn't miss much. You guys also forget that the time of N64 and PSX is when Starcraft, Diablo II, and eventually Counterstrike were at their height, so I was plenty distracted enough that only owning the N64 was just fine.

[quote name='naes']Weak library? I find myself wanting to go back and replay more N64 games than PS1 games.[/QUOTE]

Have you played Incredible Crisis? Klonoa? How about Fear Effect? Every tried Poy Poy? The Tomba games? Have you ever even heard of Elemetal Gearbolt?

Chacrana is being unfairly hard on the N64(say what you want but come on calling mario kart meh) and saying that the 64 was a bad system is wrong. But you Nintendo fans cant accept facts. The 64 did have a weak library and your prefer the N64 means nothing. It either simply means you prefer it which is fine.....or that your ignorant of what the PSX had to offer(which is usually the case). If someone simply states that the 64 was their fav system and moves on its cool, the problem is that people like you keep responding with stuff like what I quoted which makes it seem like your trying to argue its better or the PSX was lacking. You also keep saying silly crap like all the PSX had was RPGs. Your showing how ignorant you are.

ff7 was great because it was the first ff game to be in 3d with movies [not great movies but better then sega cd]. after that all they did was the same thing over, look at ff13?? [the one for ps3 and 360], only better graphics and better movies and it'll probably play like ffx. maybe that's why ffx wasn't successful because all it did was upgrade the visuals and it overshadowed everything else. by the time it went to the hands of the people, we saw what was behind it all.

"Try RPGs, Action, Adventure, 2D Side-Scrollers, Shooters, Fighting...
The N64 had a weak library that was saved by gems like Mario, Zelda and Smash."

shooters and fighters, didn't that belonged to the saturn? also, how many of those games were rushed? it seems like there are a lot of games and may indicate that they were rushed to earn the buck or thoughless [rehash] to earn the buck.

what are other 2d side scrollers, action, and adventure games for the ps1?

i got a hold of a ps1 sometime during 1999 or 2000. i played a really small amount of games for it and it didn't have the same feeling like playing an n64 game, such as jersey devil or that awful blasto and croc. the purchase of the system was to play fighters [marvel vs capcom, etc...], try resident evil and silent hill. i only played ff7 on pc during or after i managed to get the ps1. didn't really wowed me but was nice that ff7 was in 3d and with clean movies. i wasn't into great depth with gaming at the time [you either needed to have magazine subscriptions or internet connection, which was probably out of the question for both] to get information about the new games and such for whatever system. i didn't purchase an n64 until 97-98 as i was still sticking with nintendo's snes system and sega's genesis sytem.

i still remember the time when i stoped by my friends house, which he owns a ps1, and showed me the ending of ff8. it had great animation and he did these crazy button combination with some guy and a girl that uses a bow. i have to say that it really looked great but i didn't really cared or was wowed about it. that day he also mentioned what system i had and said the n64. he said that he sort of missed playing mario and zelda and would have loved if he could play them. but he also ridiculed the n64 by saying that the ps1 kills it because it has more games. even another friend of mine who owns an n64 only said that it sucks because it doesn't have the amount of games to the ps1.

even looking at the ps2 to gamecube, i don't really know what made the ps2 greater then the gamecube. i have not and will probably not go to any other system other then nintendo, they offered me the nes and snes, which were both great systems. the n64 maybe awful but they proved themselves to me that they do know how to deliver even though they can't be as big as their competetor. the gamecube is the same as with the n64. btw, i do own a ps2 and it's okay.

[quote name='pochaccoheaven']ff7 was great because it was the first ff game to be in 3d with movies [not great movies but better then sega cd]. after that all they did was the same thing over, look at ff13?? [the one for ps3 and 360], only better graphics and better movies and it'll probably play like ffx. maybe that's why ffx wasn't successful because all it did was upgrade the visuals and it overshadowed everything else. by the time it went to the hands of the people, we saw what was behind it all.

"Try RPGs, Action, Adventure, 2D Side-Scrollers, Shooters, Fighting...
The N64 had a weak library that was saved by gems like Mario, Zelda and Smash."

shooters and fighters, didn't that belonged to the saturn? also, how many of those games were rushed? it seems like there are a lot of games and may indicate that they were rushed to earn the buck or thoughless [rehash] to earn the buck.

what are other 2d side scrollers, action, and adventure games for the ps1?[/QUOTE]

Just look at the list iv been giving. Its just a few of the classics....there were 100s. Many dont hold up today, but in the day they were awsome and many N64 titles also are not holding up.

Edit -btw most of the great figthers from the saturn found their way to the PSX. Shooters might have been saturn though.

The playstation brought so many new franchises. Tomb Raider, Crash, Spyro, Parasite Eve, Twisted Metal, Resident Evil, Cool Boarders, Medal Of Honor, Tenchu, Driver, Tomba, Medievil, GTA, Ace Combat, MDK, Syphon Filter, Dino Crisis, Gran Turismo, Rayman, Tony Hawk, and a ton of original entries in established series like Castlevania, Final Fantasy, Ape Escape, Star Wars, Batman, Spider-Man, Contra, Mega Man, Metal Gear and on and on. So many great entries and continuations of series that you would never experience on the N64. Even by genre N64 had some great platformers and two good FPS Goldeneye and PD which was essentially an expansion pack. But as far as RPG, stealth, racing (besides mario kart what standout racing game is there?) action, survival horror, flight sim, sports and snowboarding skateboarding type games, puzzles and plenty of good platformers. Pretty much every genre had a dozen or more great titles.

On the N64 the only new franchises I can think of were Banjo, Cruisin Series, Conker though there hasn't been any sequals, Mario Party, Smash Brothers, Paper Mario, and Turok. We got some shitty Castlevania games, some good Star Wars games and not much else. Discounting first party titles there was maybe half a dozen games worth owning on the 64.

There is no contest, the n64 has some great stuff but it lacks variety and Metroid. The PS brought about innovations like demo disks, could play more than games (CD's), had the benefits of voice actors and FMV's, came in cases to keep everything together, and brought a lot of new experiences to home consoles like Light Gun games.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Have you played Incredible Crisis? Klonoa? How about Fear Effect? Every tried Poy Poy? The Tomba games? Have you ever even heard of Elemetal Gearbolt?

Chacrana is being unfairly hard on the N64(say what you want but come on calling mario kart meh) and saying that the 64 was a bad system is wrong. But you Nintendo fans cant accept facts. The 64 did have a weak library and your prefer the N64 means nothing. It either simply means you prefer it which is fine.....or that your ignorant of what the PSX had to offer(which is usually the case). If someone simply states that the 64 was their fav system and moves on its cool, the problem is that people like you keep responding with stuff like what I quoted which makes it seem like your trying to argue its better or the PSX was lacking. You also keep saying silly crap like all the PSX had was RPGs. Your showing how ignorant you are.[/quote]
Ever heard of LoZ: OoT? LoZ MM? Super Mario 64? Goldeneye? Perfect Dark? Smash Bros? Paper Mario? Mario Kart? Diddy Kong Racing? Donkey Kong 64? Banjo Kazooie? Banjo Tooie? Conker's Bad Fur Day? Star Fox? WWF No Mercy? Ogre Battle? Kirby? Turok? Mario Party? Harvest Moon? Star Wars? Mario Golf? Mario Tennis? Excite Bike? Tetrisphere? Pilotwings? Space Station Silicon Valley? I could keep listing games but I like the N64 library much more than the PS1 library.

I find it odd that you are personally offended that I prefer the N64 over the PS1.

[quote name='naes']Ever heard of LoZ: OoT? LoZ MM? Super Mario 64? Goldeneye? Perfect Dark? Smash Bros? Paper Mario? Mario Kart? Diddy Kong Racing? Donkey Kong 64? Banjo Kazooie? Banjo Tooie? Conker's Bad Fur Day? Star Fox? WWF No Mercy? Ogre Battle? Kirby? Turok? Mario Party? Harvest Moon? Star Wars? Mario Golf? Mario Tennis? Excite Bike? Tetrisphere? Pilotwings? Space Station Silicon Valley? I could keep listing games but I like the N64 library much more than the PS1 library.

I find it odd that you are personally offended that I prefer the N64 over the PS1.[/QUOTE]

I said I wasnt offended that you preffer the N64, I was offended that you brush the PSX off saying crap like it won on RPGs but nothing else and making much more ignorant comments. And you missed the point of me listing off those games, either that you only named the games you named because your ignorant of the 64's good games too. My point was that the PSX is FLOODED with great titles most people have never even heard of. I own the majority of the games you listed, and guess what.....the majority of them are main streame titles(hell pretty much all of them were).

Its easy to preffer the 64 when your ignorant of what the PSX has to offer. Besides that fact though again I would be ok with you preffering the 64.....but you have made some ignorant comments about the PSX.

[quote name='MSI Magus']I said I wasnt offended that you preffer the N64, I was offended that you brush the PSX off saying crap like it won on RPGs but nothing else and making much more ignorant comments. And you missed the point of me listing off those games, either that you only named the games you named because your ignorant of the 64's good games too. My point was that the PSX is FLOODED with great titles most people have never even heard of. I own the majority of the games you listed, and guess what.....the majority of them are main streame titles(hell pretty much all of them were).

Its easy to preffer the 64 when your ignorant of what the PSX has to offer. Besides that fact though again I would be ok with you preffering the 64.....but you have made some ignorant comments about the PSX.[/quote]
I don't see what's wrong with mainstream titles. Are you saying that all the only games I should like are games that most people don't know about?

I've never attacked the PS1. All I've said is that for me, the only thing it had over the N64 was RPGs. Show me these ignorant comments about the PS1.

[quote name='jputahraptor']The playstation brought so many new franchises. Tomb Raider, Crash, Spyro, Parasite Eve, Twisted Metal, Resident Evil, Cool Boarders, Medal Of Honor, Tenchu, Driver, Tomba, Medievil, GTA, Ace Combat, MDK, Syphon Filter, Dino Crisis, Gran Turismo, Rayman, Tony Hawk, and a ton of original entries in established series like Castlevania, Final Fantasy, Ape Escape, Star Wars, Batman, Spider-Man, Contra, Mega Man, Metal Gear and on and on. So many great entries and continuations of series that you would never experience on the N64. Even by genre N64 had some great platformers and two good FPS Goldeneye and PD which was essentially an expansion pack. But as far as RPG, stealth, racing (besides mario kart what standout racing game is there?) action, survival horror, flight sim, sports and snowboarding skateboarding type games, puzzles and plenty of good platformers. Pretty much every genre had a dozen or more great titles.

On the N64 the only new franchises I can think of were Banjo, Cruisin Series, Conker though there hasn't been any sequals, Mario Party, Smash Brothers, Paper Mario, and Turok. We got some shitty Castlevania games, some good Star Wars games and not much else. Discounting first party titles there was maybe half a dozen games worth owning on the 64.

There is no contest, the n64 has some great stuff but it lacks variety and Metroid. The PS brought about innovations like demo disks, could play more than games (CD's), had the benefits of voice actors and FMV's, came in cases to keep everything together, and brought a lot of new experiences to home consoles like Light Gun games.[/quote]

the n64 did one amazing thing though, made indiana jones the infernal machine more superior then the pc version. how odd?!

the one game close to gran turismo for n64 was world driver championship. it didn't have licensed cars though.

pilot wings was a flight sim

only stealth game was winback or something like that.

1080 snowboarding

tetrisphere puzzle game

gauntlet legends
Hybrid Heaven
rainbow six
goemon
quake
starcraft
ogre battle

[quote name='naes']I don't see what's wrong with mainstream titles. Are you saying that all the only games I should like are games that most people don't know about?

I've never attacked the PS1. All I've said is that for me, the only thing it had over the N64 was RPGs. Show me these ignorant comments about the PS1.[/QUOTE]

Man you really misunderstand things easily. No thats not what im saying. A good game is a good game. The point of naming the games is to show how ignorant you are of the PSX's good games. You say that the PSX didnt have anything over the N64....but yet you havnt even freaking heard of let alone played the games that im mentioning.

The PSX had 100s and 100s of good games. it also had 1,000s of bad ones. The problem is that people who owned a 64 tended to just pick up titles they heard about through word or mouth now and then because there were so many great Nintendo/Rare titles. Look at the list of games you gave me....it was all Nintendo and rare minus one or two. The PSX had just soooooo many games that tons of good ones got overlooked. So ignorant people like you come on and talk smack that the only thing the PSX had was RPGs......yet you know nothing about games like Alundra or Super Puzzle Fighter.

Say what you want....I dont even have to try and proove your ignorance...in your last few responses you have done it yourself. If you were not so ignorant then your response would be like others in the topic, that either the PSX was your fav system...or that you preffer the 64 HOWEVER you admit the PSX had more good games.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Man you really misunderstand things easily. No thats not what im saying. A good game is a good game. The point of naming the games is to show how ignorant you are of the PSX's good games. You say that the PSX didnt have anything over the N64....but yet you havnt even freaking heard of let alone played the games that im mentioning.

The PSX had 100s and 100s of good games. it also had 1,000s of bad ones. The problem is that people who owned a 64 tended to just pick up titles they heard about through word or mouth now and then because there were so many great Nintendo/Rare titles. Look at the list of games you gave me....it was all Nintendo and rare minus one or two. The PSX had just soooooo many games that tons of good ones got overlooked. So ignorant people like you come on and talk smack that the only thing the PSX had was RPGs......yet you know nothing about games like Alundra or Super Puzzle Fighter.

Say what you want....I dont even have to try and proove your ignorance...in your last few responses you have done it yourself. If you were not so ignorant then your response would be like others in the topic, that either the PSX was your fav system...or that you preffer the 64 HOWEVER you admit the PSX had more good games.[/quote]
:lol: You have no clue what you're talking about. You are so easily angered by an online message board because people don't love your beloved PS1 as much as you do. I never said I don't like the PS1, in fact, I loved the PS1. I just loved the N64 more. I even said that the N64 had many, many games that interested me and the PS1 "only" had many games that interested me. And I find it rather isilly that you think you know what games I've played and what games I haven't played/heard of.

By the way, here. I've made it easy for you. Here are all of my replies to this thread. Now, point out which replies are ignorant comments.

[quote name='naes']I had much more fun with the N64. Mario Tennis, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Mario Party, Super Mario 64, Star Fox, Mario Kart 64, Diddy Kong Racing, Banjo-Kazooie, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Harvest Moon, Donkey Kong 64, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Super Smash Brothers, Paper Mario, The World is Not Enough... Wow I know I'm missing games but the list can go on forever.[/quote]
[quote name='naes']About a year ago... I didn't think it was bad.[/quote]
[quote name='naes']Should have said that in the beginning so I would have stopped reading sooner.[/quote]
[quote name='naes']Shouldn't you be masturbating?[/quote]
[quote name='naes']Lol, no.[/quote]
[quote name='naes']You're right. The N64 had many, many games that interested me while the PS1 only had a many games that interested me. The only thing that the PS1 has over the N64 is RPGs, and I liked one RPG on the PS1, and no, it wasn't FFVII.[/quote]
[quote name='naes']Weak library? I find myself wanting to go back and replay more N64 games than PS1 games.[/quote]
[quote name='naes']Ever heard of LoZ: OoT? LoZ MM? Super Mario 64? Goldeneye? Perfect Dark? Smash Bros? Paper Mario? Mario Kart? Diddy Kong Racing? Donkey Kong 64? Banjo Kazooie? Banjo Tooie? Conker's Bad Fur Day? Star Fox? WWF No Mercy? Ogre Battle? Kirby? Turok? Mario Party? Harvest Moon? Star Wars? Mario Golf? Mario Tennis? Excite Bike? Tetrisphere? Pilotwings? Space Station Silicon Valley? I could keep listing games but I like the N64 library much more than the PS1 library.

I find it odd that you are personally offended that I prefer the N64 over the PS1.[/quote]
[quote name='naes']I don't see what's wrong with mainstream titles. Are you saying that all the only games I should like are games that most people don't know about?

I've never attacked the PS1. All I've said is that for me, the only thing it had over the N64 was RPGs. Show me these ignorant comments about the PS1.[/quote]

N64 may have aged better as some say, I admit I had some fun times on the system. But I like the psx for fighters, twisted metal like games (Vigilante 8 for n64-crap), I also like the mature genre games that the psx offered. N64 has what PD, Doom 64 and all the other pc crap-tastic ports (laughable) Duke Nukem, and Resident evil 2 (Only play this if you cant play the psx version, its still a good game but the series is better on the playstation) (I argued about this on Goozex)

So N64 had some good fps PD, and Goldeneye, (not Quake, Doom, or any of the other pc ported stuff that was crap on a crummy system), good platformers, and some franchise games. But it just didn't have the library to keep me interested.

Also I prefer Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine on pc, I can't think of a reason why the N64 version was superior, if you say something about the graphics vs pc, you have issues.

I wanted blood, guts, sex, and gore in my games, not cute little pokemon...or games named Glover, or Sub Zero Mythologies. Name one N64 game that had some "mature sexual themes." I bet you would be hard pressed to find one outside of Japan, why cause at the time Nintendo didn't like those things and liked to focus on Family friendly stuff...(Hell when is Mario going to get some already?) Besides if I want to play an N64 today I just fire up the pc, some thing that's a little harder to do with the playstation.

But I do like the SNES if fact out of all the Nintendo systems that one is my favorite but that vs Sega is for another thread.

Jesus. Fanboys arguing over current systems is stupid enough. Fanboys getting angry and arguing over console war shit from two generations ago is absolutely pathetic.

[quote name='kube00']N64 may have aged better as some say, I admit I had some fun times on the system. But I like the psx for fighters, twisted metal like games (Vigilante 8 for n64-crap), I also like the mature genre games that the psx offered. N64 has what PD, Doom 64 and all the other pc crap-tastic ports (laughable) Duke Nukem, and Resident evil 2 (Only play this if you cant play the psx version, its still a good game but the series is better on the playstation) (I argued about this on Goozex)

So N64 had some good fps PD, and Goldeneye, (not Quake, Doom, or any of the other pc ported stuff that was crap on a crummy system), good platformers, and some franchise games. But it just didn't have the library to keep me interested.

Also I prefer Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine on pc, I can't think of a reason why the N64 version was superior, if you say something about the graphics vs pc, you have issues.

I wanted blood, guts, sex, and gore in my games, not cute little pokemon...or games named Glover, or Sub Zero Mythologies. Name one N64 game that had some "mature sexual themes." I bet you would be hard pressed to find one outside of Japan, why cause at the time Nintendo didn't like those things and liked to focus on Family friendly stuff...(Hell when is Mario going to get some already?) Besides if I want to play an N64 today I just fire up the pc, some thing that's a little harder to do with the playstation.

But I do like the SNES if fact out of all the Nintendo systems that one is my favorite but that vs Sega is for another thread.[/quote]
indiana jones on the n64 is better graphically and controls better as well then compared to the pc.

wasn't conkers suppose to be a mature game??

i believe people misunderstood nintendo's motive on not wanting violence, sex and all that stuff on their system because it maybe offensive and therefore offend someone. resident evil 5 and fat princess for instance sort of demoralize the people. imagine having a system where a game is released and it offends your race, culture, etc... won't you feel offended that you own a system that insulted you.

crappy pc port, no one complained about doom 3 for xbox, even unreal tournament 3 for 360/ps3.

how is resident evil better on ps?

[quote name='dmaul1114']Jesus. Fanboys arguing over current systems is stupid enough. Fanboys getting angry and arguing over console war shit from two generations ago is absolutely pathetic.[/QUOTE]

If this is targeted at me, im not angry. Its so easy to think people are getting pissed off online during any debate/argument.

naes when you say stuff like the only area the PSX wins on is RPGs it shows incredible ignorance. That you cant even spot how ignorant this is shows it to anyone that knows the systems library. Its why I listed a handful of games and asked if you knew them. Because chances are you dont or atleast havnt played them.

I didnt respond to your first handful of posts because there was nothing wrong with them. You said you liked the 64 better and thats cool. But when you started putting down the PSX or implying the 64 was better then it in genres where its clearly not. Thats where I raised the question of your knowledge(or lack there of)of the systems library.

bread's done
Back