N64 vs Playstation

I'd say Playstation. I never really was much of a fan of Nintendo (their games and everything as a whole) for some reason, so maybe it was the whole "kid" appeal to the N64 or, more likely, it is because the games that the PS had seemed far more attractive to me personally. I've always found cartridges to be a real pain in the ass and really expensive too, which was a real turnoff with the N64. And yea, I think N64 was designed for a younger generation of gamers, which is probably why I didn't like it...at all.
But I can understand if other people like the N64. I mean I really wouldn't say that one is better than the other - it's all just a matter of personal preference.

Last edited by a moderator:
Crap I forgot about Conkers! Well there goes my argument. And plenty of people complained about doom 3 for the xbox.

Although RE2 for N64 has better controls and the bonuses. It's lacking the FMV and sound quality of the psx version, still you haven't played it on either system and you have access to a psx then play it there.

I just think the PSX's larger library offer more diverse choices.

[quote name='MSI Magus']If this is targeted at me, im not angry. Its so easy to think people are getting pissed off online during any debate/argument.

naes when you say stuff like the only area the PSX wins on is RPGs it shows incredible ignorance. That you cant even spot how ignorant this is shows it to anyone that knows the systems library. Its why I listed a handful of games and asked if you knew them. Because chances are you dont or atleast havnt played them.

I didnt respond to your first handful of posts because there was nothing wrong with them. You said you liked the 64 better and thats cool. But when you started putting down the PSX or implying the 64 was better then it in genres where its clearly not. Thats where I raised the question of your knowledge(or lack there of)of the systems library.[/quote]
When I say stuff like that? I only said that once. Only one comment that you consider ignorant, yet earlier all you've been saying is that I'm saying ignorant stuff about the PS1. I've never even said that it was a bad system. I even admitted I liked it, I just liked the N64 more. I really don't see the big deal here.

As much as I loved the N64 (use to hang out at my friend's house just to play it, before I finally got one), the PS1 is the clear winner, in my opinion. It simply has a massive library of hits.

For me:

Single Player games- Playstation wins, although the top 3 single player games from N64 were better than the top 3 from PS1 IMO.

Mutliplayer games- N64 wins by far, it's not even close.

[quote name='Puzznic']For me:

Single Player games- Playstation wins, although the top 3 single player games from N64 were better than the top 3 from PS1 IMO.

Mutliplayer games- N64 wins by far, it's not even close.[/quote]

Ditto, QFT, etc.

bread's done
Back