Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen! 4

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Who doesn't? :cool:[/QUOTE]
The Communists, that's who. That and the president of the fighting game club here, :bomb:, so there's little chance of a tourney for the game. Maybe at the LAN party at the end of the month. :D

I actually got in a little multiplayer time tonight. By little I'm talking 40 minutes, just while we waited for McD's to start serving breakfast. But hey, it's better than the nothing I had for the last month. :lol: :cry:

[quote name='asianxcore']sorry if this has been covered, but is this game coming to the U.S?[/QUOTE]

maybe in about 5 yrs when fillers start on cartoon network

So, here's something odd. We just unlocked Kinimaro (my apologies on name spelling). Yet, neither Ukon or Ahkamaru are unlocked on the list. Many missions are beaten, and both of those characters are supposed to come before ones we have unlocked thus far. Any thoughts of something we missed? (I'm not sure Story mode has been beaten in its entirity yet...)

[quote name='daroga']So, here's something odd. We just unlocked Kinimaro (my apologies on name spelling). Yet, neither Ukon or Ahkamaru are unlocked on the list. Many missions are beaten, and both of those characters are supposed to come before ones we have unlocked thus far. Any thoughts of something we missed? (I'm not sure Story mode has been beaten in its entirity yet...)[/QUOTE]
What mode are you going through to check if they're unlocked? I know you can't choose Akamaru in 3 man cell mode, but you can see him in the regular mp modes.

[quote name='greyzieoriental']maybe in about 5 yrs when fillers start on cartoon network[/QUOTE]

But then again, GC will be long dead by then. Hell, the GC has another year in it tops, I would say. I think they could crank out the first couple in the series, but will they really get around to all four? I think it's doubtful. Hell, I don't know why they don't just skip the first two and bring out the last two here. (Would they move up to the Rev?)

EDIT: Okay, so if they skipped the first two, they would definitely have characters in the games that have not been shown in the US anime just yet. Still, I think that's the way they should go...

[quote name='Rig']But then again, GC will be long dead by then. Hell, the GC has another year in it tops, I would say. I think they could crank out the first couple in the series, but will they really get around to all four? I think it's doubtful. Hell, I don't know why they don't just skip the first two and bring out the last two here. (Would they move up to the Rev?)

EDIT: Okay, so if they skipped the first two, they would definitely have characters in the games that have not been shown in the US anime just yet. Still, I think that's the way they should go...[/QUOTE]
You just answered you're own question. They won't bring the games over if the arc isn't finished, but I don't think it would take 5 years to get to where 4 takes place. I'd say about 2 years or so for that. The second game is due out this fall, though that may be pushed back depending on how they schedule the new episodes.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']What mode are you going through to check if they're unlocked? I know you can't choose Akamaru in 3 man cell mode, but you can see him in the regular mp modes.[/QUOTE]
Ah, that cleared up some of the problem. Ukon still isn't there though...

[quote name='daroga']Ah, that cleared up some of the problem. Ukon still isn't there though...[/QUOTE]
Are you sure you're looking at the right guy? There's Ukon (two headed guy), Tayuya (cheap bitch), Kidoumaru (spider-man), Jirobou (rock guy), and Kimimaro (bone guy).

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Are you sure you're looking at the right guy? There's Ukon (two headed guy), Tayuya (cheap bitch), Kidoumaru (spider-man), Jirobou (rock guy), and Kimimaro (bone guy).[/QUOTE]
Wow, I'm very dumb. I was looking for his level 1 or non-CS form... not the level 2 that's in the game. Sorry about that. :p

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Are you sure you're looking at the right guy? There's Ukon (two headed guy), Tayuya (cheap bitch), Kidoumaru (spider-man), Jirobou (rock guy), and Kimimaro (bone guy).[/QUOTE]Tayuya, cheap? She's weak as hell, and her combos suck. I still use her though, because I like the character (and everyone else looks horrible in CS2).

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Tayuya, cheap? She's weak as hell, and her combos suck. I still use her though, because I like the character (and everyone else looks horrible in CS2).[/QUOTE]
Her A move is easy to just spam while jump near people and in a crowd as it's unstoppable.

Well, we've only got Kisame left to unlock here. The Kyuubi Naruto is simply awesome! :)

Once we get everyone, I coupld probably hook people up with a copy of the saved game if they sent me a memory card. Just a thought if anyone is irritated by some of these missions. ;)

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Her A move is easy to just spam while jump near people and in a crowd as it's unstoppable.[/QUOTE]I only play 1 on 1, so it's not a problem. Her A is too slow to really spam in that situation. However, it does build chakra even if you don't hit with it, which is nice.

[quote name='Rig']But then again, GC will be long dead by then. Hell, the GC has another year in it tops, I would say. I think they could crank out the first couple in the series, but will they really get around to all four? I think it's doubtful. Hell, I don't know why they don't just skip the first two and bring out the last two here. (Would they move up to the Rev?)

EDIT: Okay, so if they skipped the first two, they would definitely have characters in the games that have not been shown in the US anime just yet. Still, I think that's the way they should go...[/QUOTE]

well since the Rev is backwards compatible, u still will be able to easily play them if they do make it out

[quote name='help1']hey im on episode 100[/QUOTE]
Of the Anime? Watch out for 101... wow. But lucky for you, the best is yet to come. :)

[quote name='help1']hey im on episode 100[/QUOTE]
Good for you? This isn't the anime thread, so we're not talking about the show. If you get the game, feel free to come back and talk.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I only play 1 on 1, so it's not a problem. Her A is too slow to really spam in that situation. However, it does build chakra even if you don't hit with it, which is nice.[/QUOTE]
It is relatively cheap even then since most A moves are just throwing kunai and her A move attacks 360 degrees and is actually a combo attack, so it can be cheap in 2-4 player action. Put it in the hands of someone that's too good with Ivy (SC) and her sword's abilities, it gets even worse (or better depending on how you look at it). Plus, she's a bitch.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']well since the Rev is backwards compatible, u still will be able to easily play them if they do make it out[/QUOTE]
Maybe, maybe not. Remember, the freeloader will only work if you can eject it without reseting the system, and as far as we've been told, that means no Naruto on the Revolution unless it's made region-free.

Quadruple Post!

Awakened Hinata should've been done as a transformation as this is just a new costume + Neji's Special. WTF? She's just a little more powerful and glowing, but that's pretty much it. :whistle2:( I was hoping for more.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Maybe, maybe not. Remember, the freeloader will only work if you can eject it without reseting the system, and as far as we've been told, that means no Naruto on the Revolution unless it's made region-free.[/QUOTE]

I meant if they were decided to be translated to english and released in the states, not about imported games.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']I meant if they were decided to be translated to english and released in the states, not about imported games.[/QUOTE]
Ahh, but I'm not paying twice for these games when they do release them (3 and 4). :nottalking:

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Ahh, but I'm not paying twice for these games when they do release them (3 and 4). :nottalking:[/QUOTE]

so you say, but I could see you rebuyin it if it were on sale or something.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']so you say, but I could see you rebuyin it if it were on sale or something.[/QUOTE]
Only if the copies that I have now were to become useless somehow, otherwise I'd have no reason to get the same game in English.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Maybe, maybe not. Remember, the freeloader will only work if you can eject it without reseting the system, and as far as we've been told, that means no Naruto on the Revolution unless it's made region-free.[/QUOTE]
I'm guessing that you'll have to be able to eject the disc without resetting. Otherwise multiple-disc GC games might have issues (e.g., RE4). Here's hoping the Revolution is just region free in its GC support.

Haven't played my copy in a while. Forgot to bring the Freeloader with me when I came back to school...d'oh! I'll be getting that back on Saturday...

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I want to stab Kisame right in his fucking fish eyes!!! :bomb:[/QUOTE]
Amen. I'm not sure how I got him... it was actually my first try after sitting down with the game for that day.

I beat him by turning down the CPU level and just doing the whole back B then comboing and just doing the X special until he died.

Now I've got everyone unlocked and Kyuubi Naruto kicks so much ass.

I hate the 3-on-1 missions so much. :bomb:

[quote name='daroga']Amen. I'm not sure how I got him... it was actually my first try after sitting down with the game for that day.[/QUOTE]
its a s rank mission with gai
you get interupted.

I went to a LAN party last night and brought along Naruto 4 and my GC. With a bunch of people stopping by to play, I got the idea to hold a tourney amongst the tourneys that the fighting club was holding (supposedly 6 tourneys (2 SSBM) within 11 hours) and the setup took the longest time. I had 16 people signup and vote on the type of tourney (team, singles, 3-man call) and teams barely won. So I paired everyone up that didn't have a partner picked out and we only had one team drop out since the one member wasn't feeling well, so we had 7 teams up for a tourney.

I talked to the fighting club pres. about getting it setup and his whole tourney setup was too complicated so I did it by hand. There was my roommate (Shikamaru/Anko) and I (Shino/Gaara) as a team, one of our friends (Neji) and his roommate (TenTen), one of my friends who's very good (Kimimaro) and a noob (Shikamaru), our japanese friend (Gaara) and another friend (Kisame), and some other random assorted people in their own teams. We won our first match against the japanese guy's team, then we beat my friend and the noob's team (very tough match), then we beat our friend and his roommate in the winner's bracket finals (also very tough, but my Shino won the first match and got their double team for the second match), then in the tourney championship we faced my friend and the noob team again and we just hit on all cylinders and won (even tougher than the first time) and we won this tourney!

Everyone did well, especially that noob, who used Shikamaru well, but it was a lot of fun to get some organized action on Naruto instead of the random 4 player fighting that usually just occurs. I hope we can start to have Naruto 4 tourneys more regularly as a normal tourney game for the fighting club.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I went to a LAN party last night and brought along Naruto 4 and my GC. With a bunch of people stopping by to play, I got the idea to hold a tourney amongst the tourneys that the fighting club was holding (supposedly 6 tourneys (2 SSBM) within 11 hours) and the setup took the longest time. I had 16 people signup and vote on the type of tourney (team, singles, 3-man call) and teams barely won. So I paired everyone up that didn't have a partner picked out and we only had one team drop out since the one member wasn't feeling well, so we had 7 teams up for a tourney.

I talked to the fighting club pres. about getting it setup and his whole tourney setup was too complicated so I did it by hand. There was my roommate (Shikamaru/Anko) and I (Shino/Gaara) as a team, one of our friends (Neji) and his roommate (TenTen), one of my friends who's very good (Kimimaro) and a noob (Shikamaru), our japanese friend (Gaara) and another friend (Kisame), and some other random assorted people in their own teams. We won our first match against the japanese guy's team, then we beat my friend and the noob's team (very tough match), then we beat our friend and his roommate in the winner's bracket finals (also very tough, but my Shino won the first match and got their double team for the second match), then in the tourney championship we faced my friend and the noob team again and we just hit on all cylinders and won (even tougher than the first time) and we won this tourney!

Everyone did well, especially that noob, who used Shikamaru well, but it was a lot of fun to get some organized action on Naruto instead of the random 4 player fighting that usually just occurs. I hope we can start to have Naruto 4 tourneys more regularly as a normal tourney game for the fighting club.[/QUOTE]

I wish people around here would play/host/have more console tourneys. All we have are PC LAN parties. (Which I'm not a fan of, because I'm not a big PC gamer...)

[quote name='Rig']I wish people around here would play/host/have more console tourneys. All we have are PC LAN parties. (Which I'm not a fan of, because I'm not a big PC gamer...)[/QUOTE]
This was both a console and PC LAN party, but the PC people gathered in rooms outside of most everyone else's sights. :lol:

If you want see more console tourneys, you've probably got to take the initiative to find the right people to help you set one up.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I beat him by turning down the CPU level and just doing the whole back B then comboing and just doing the X special until he died.

Now I've got everyone unlocked and Kyuubi Naruto kicks so much ass.

I hate the 3-on-1 missions so much. :bomb:[/QUOTE]Good for you.

Yes, yes he does. CS2 Sasuke, on the other hand, doesn't. And A. Hinata just feels wrong.

Yeah, especially the Gai one, he's not much use against a group and I hate him. Sarutobi vs. the sannin was pie, d+X owns all. :cool:

HGM reviewed Naruto 4 in its import section and gave it a 3.5/5, thought the score didn't seem to fit the review. The only negatives mentioned were the invisible walls in the stages being limiting, that the characters don't have many specials, and that the life bar is small. He seems to five all of the faults, while praising the counter system, the great multiplayer, and the large amount of unlockables.

[quote name='greyzieoriental']its a s rank mission with gai
you get interupted.[/QUOTE]
Yes, thank you. I meant I'm not sure how I actually defeated him--as in method or strategy.

Bout time I get to play a bit! Finally got me some Anko action...been waiting for that! I've been getting in three or four missions a day.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Looks like a generic winter stage to me. The only place it could be from is the first movie, but I don't think it matches the look.[/QUOTE]
I was thinking the movie, which wouldn't surprise me with the inclusion of Awakened Hinata in the game. It seems like the waterfall level where Sasuke and Naruto fought without waterfalls and in the winter.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It seems like the waterfall level where Sasuke and Naruto fought without waterfalls and in the winter.[/QUOTE]I suppose so. :lol:

I need to get some competition up here, maybe I can get a couple friends to quit their jobs, watch all of Naruto, and then dedicate their lives to playing GNT. :whistle2:k

Not that survival mode isn't fun, it's just that I'd rather gloat. :lol:

bread's done
Back