NBA 2K7 Thread (*Updated 10/6 with manual roster moves)

[quote name='Lieutenant Dan']Does anyone else think this?[/QUOTE]

I've played it in HD at home on a 50 inch and SD at my apartment on a 27 inch and I can agree that it doesn't look very good once you've seen it in HD. Text is blurry and players are blurry as well.

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']according to a thread over on the 2k boards, reelmaker is out, but it's a dissapointment. apparently to make a reel the replays have to be using the same teams in the same arena. kind of difficult to explain, but it should make sense in this thread:

http://2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95318[/quote]

yea, that sucks...but i've also heard the "other side" and those who have actually bought the thing say that they are getting lots of enjoyment out of it despite this restriction...they say that the reelmaker is deceivingly deep despite the restriction of teams/players

http://forums.operationsports.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=186161&page=8

idk if i'll get it...i was leaning more towards getting it at first when i thought it could be any team any mode...and i thought it would be 800 pts

but it's 400 pts and is a bit more restricted...i guess i'll wait it out to see more opinions on it

Having no 360 sucks. Had to resort to playing 2K6 on Xbox. The turbo button in that version is insane. The players just zoom down the court. It's nice to see how much the game has been improved though. Then I popped in Live 05 just for kicks. Incredibly crap-tacular. I better get my 360 back soon. I need my 2K7.

I've updated the OP with roster moves to be made to update your rosters manually. Info was from a poster at the 2K Sports Forums.

They also have player edits available as well as CAPs that need to be made in case anyone is interested. If anyone is interested in those I can add them to the OP as well, but they're pretty lengthy. Just in case a few CAGs out there wanted updated rosters without the wait and don't have log in info for 2K Sports Forums.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Having no 360 sucks. Had to resort to playing 2K6 on Xbox. The turbo button in that version is insane. The players just zoom down the court. It's nice to see how much the game has been improved though. Then I popped in Live 05 just for kicks. Incredibly crap-tacular. I better get my 360 back soon. I need my 2K7.[/quote]

hey, at least you have time to update the OP with info now :D

when you get your 360 back, maybe we can play some games

[quote name='swetooth9']hey, at least you have time to update the OP with info now :D

when you get your 360 back, maybe we can play some games[/quote]Good point, I suppose. CAGs graphics could use some work though. Not next-gen enough for me. Hopefully I get my 360 back middle of next week. I'll probably give it a good testing offline though just to make sure everything's ok, then I'll hop online and get my ass handed to me as I always do in virtual basketball.

Thanks for the roster updates...that was very helpful. Hope things work out for you and your 360.

Take Care,

Toper

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I've updated the OP with roster moves to be made to update your rosters manually. Info was from a poster at the 2K Sports Forums.

They also have player edits available as well as CAPs that need to be made in case anyone is interested. If anyone is interested in those I can add them to the OP as well, but they're pretty lengthy. Just in case a few CAGs out there wanted updated rosters without the wait and don't have log in info for 2K Sports Forums.[/QUOTE]

hmm, looks like theres another glitch. In association mode, if you develop your players under coaching>development, it resets your sliders. I was wondering why I had to keep doing them after the first game....

I rented the game yesterday. Pretty solid. I wanted to get NBA Live 07 to compare, but it was gone. The difficulty seems pretty good. I actually lost 2 games on All-Star...but I was getting better. I may have to pick this up eventually when the price is right and they have to real rosters to download. Fun game though.....presentation is night. Does not seem much better than last year....but I think that has already been said.

JUST CURIOUS: Do most people use the shot stick or the "X" button to shoot? I still stick to the face buttons, but on some dunks I'll use the shot stick.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Man, I need a 360. I hope the Xbox version is good too.[/quote]
Negative. I mean once you play the 360 version, you don't want to touch the XBOX version. That says a lot considering that the XBOX version is good and stands above the PS2 in terms of graphics and gameplay; but the 360 2k7 is just that Freaking Good! I mean its like night and day. I took my 360 to Maryland last week and my copy of 2k7. When I got to my sister's house, my nephew was in his room playing 2k7 for the XBOX. No comparison. Presentation kind of looks like last years. I noticed some new animations as we played. However, I found the game way to easy. At one point in the game we had a three point shootout. I was playiing with Kobe and he hit about 7 three-pointers in a row! I kid you not.
I just got my 360 a few days before 2k7 came out, for that reason alone. It's like I said the first version is good, but everything about 2k7 for the 360 is definitely Next Generation. If this was the only game on the 360 you willl still be satisfied.
The 24/7 mode is also beefed up this year. Dialogue and everything. Makes it feel like an adventure game at some points. They also have a new feature that allows you to create your own highlight film with the replays that you saved. Complete with special effects and everything. It cost 400 points in the Xbox Live Marketplace. Has anyone purchased this? I know this is ridiculous.

[quote name='doubledown']
JUST CURIOUS: Do most people use the shot stick or the "X" button to shoot? I still stick to the face buttons, but on some dunks I'll use the shot stick.[/quote]

i use X for jumpshots, and shot stick for dunks and layups

[quote name='ricoraney']Negative. I mean once you play the 360 version, you don't want to touch the XBOX version. That says a lot considering that the XBOX version is good and stands above the PS2 in terms of graphics and gameplay; but the 360 2k7 is just that Freaking Good! I mean its like night and day. I took my 360 to Maryland last week and my copy of 2k7. When I got to my sister's house, my nephew was in his room playing 2k7 for the XBOX. No comparison. Presentation kind of looks like last years. I noticed some new animations as we played. However, I found the game way to easy. At one point in the game we had a three point shootout. I was playiing with Kobe and he hit about 7 three-pointers in a row! I kid you not.
I just got my 360 a few days before 2k7 came out, for that reason alone. It's like I said the first version is good, but everything about 2k7 for the 360 is definitely Next Generation. If this was the only game on the 360 you willl still be satisfied.
The 24/7 mode is also beefed up this year. Dialogue and everything. Makes it feel like an adventure game at some points. They also have a new feature that allows you to create your own highlight film with the replays that you saved. Complete with special effects and everything. It cost 400 points in the Xbox Live Marketplace. Has anyone purchased this? I know this is ridiculous.[/quote]

I went ahead got the Xbox version for the time being. It's a lot better than last year (except for some slowdown issues). I definitely want the 360 version though when I can afford it.

I downloaded Reel Maker and put together my first reel: It's just one play, of Wade coming out of nowhere to get a pass, drive, do a behind-the-back dribble, and dunk. I added a red flash and a missile sound effect, slowed down at the dribble move, and froze after the dunk with a graphic. In all, I used three different camera angles. If anyone's interested, my Gamer Tag is Violent Lee and the reel's name is "Wade = Flash."

Pretty steep learning curve, as it seems really tough to undo things. That means you'd best save often. It took me about an hour, all told. I'll definitely use it some more. I love this type of editing (I just bought The Movies on PC).

Also, some of you may not notice, but at the end of every game you play, you can view replays of every score. Just go to end of game stats and scoring summary. Every one can be clicked on to view. You can save them from there, too.

In other 2K7 news, anyone else finding it pretty hard? I'm actually getting beat sometimes on Rookie difficulty -- something that never happened before. I think the main thing is the opponents pick off your passes too easily, even if you use B button. Also, it seems like they can score whenever they really want, while I almost always find my players blowing dunks in a tight game, or shooting like shit all of a sudden when I'm nearing the 65% FG achievement.

[quote name='ViolentLee']Also, it seems like they can score whenever they really want, while I almost always find my players blowing dunks in a tight game, or shooting like shit all of a sudden when I'm nearing the 65% FG achievement.[/quote]Yeah, I've been trying to get the East vs. West rivalry achievement for the past couple days, but it's impossible since AI on the east makes every mid range shot that he takes even if well covered, and Dirk, Kobe, T-mac, Nash and some others miss every open shot they take, and it's impossible to pound it inside since whenever I pass it to my center, he catches the ball A LOT further away from the basket rather than where he was standing.

[quote name='ViolentLee']
In other 2K7 news, anyone else finding it pretty hard? I'm actually getting beat sometimes on Rookie difficulty -- something that never happened before. I think the main thing is the opponents pick off your passes too easily, even if you use B button. Also, it seems like they can score whenever they really want, while I almost always find my players blowing dunks in a tight game, or shooting like shit all of a sudden when I'm nearing the 65% FG achievement.[/quote]

no...i don't find it hard until at least superstar...on allstar difficulty, i blewout the opposing team by 17 points using the bobcats...and hall of fame is hard because the AI is a lot better...you just have to make good passes so they don't get picked off...don't get too pass happy, make sure when you pass the ball, the person passing is either A) really close to the reciever of the pass, or B) has a high pass rating as it won't be as easily stolen...the lead passing (b button) only works well when you're on a fast break with your side having the advantage on people on the fastbreak...when the tone of the game is slow, use the pinpoint passing (right bumper, then face button)

they can score when they want if you let them, dont give them open shots, stick to whoever has the ball and don't give them too much room...if they drive by past you, switch players to the next closest person and try to minimize the space they have...dunno what to do about the blown dunks though...maybe dunk with players that have better dunk ratings?

and yea, i havent gottten the 65% FG either yet...close a few times...but i'll really have to concentrate to get that one

[quote name='sj41']Yeah, I've been trying to get the East vs. West rivalry achievement for the past couple days, but it's impossible since AI on the east makes every mid range shot that he takes even if well covered, and Dirk, Kobe, T-mac, Nash and some others miss every open shot they take, and it's impossible to pound it inside since whenever I pass it to my center, he catches the ball A LOT further away from the basket rather than where he was standing.[/quote]

it's becasue it's on hall of fame difficulty, sticky :p and you are totally exagerating taht "every shot is well covered"...there's gonna be times wehre they pass the ball to the open man and they make the shot...plus nash and tmac arent great defenders...on HOF difficulty you gotta take awesomely set up shots...they AI covers each other's backs...idk what to say here

Is it even possible to contest attempts by the AI near the rim without having a foul called? Even using guys with good defensive awareness and high block statistics, I'm almost always called for the foul. That's without using the R-Trigger, just the block button. I can't even come close to getting the 5 blocks that some achievements need.

And my rebounding sucks. I only notice it though when I'm trying for one of the achievements. Everytime I play with the Pacers, though, I seem to do great with rebounding.

yea it's pretty tough, you know why they did it like this right?

last year, everyone..i mean EVERYONE would turbo block every shot attempt...and never get called for the foul...i would average 15 blocks/game

i like it much more this year...more fouls = more cautious D and less trying to block every damn shot

Well last night was great on 2k7... I beat two people respectively by 2 and 3 and they leave me feedback saying I abuse exploits and then the last game I play I'm about to win 95-90 and the guy pulls his live cable with 0.8 sec left.. fun

[quote name='thamaster24']Well last night was great on 2k7... I beat two people respectively by 2 and 3 and they leave me feedback saying I abuse exploits and then the last game I play I'm about to win 95-90 and the guy pulls his live cable with 0.8 sec left.. fun[/quote]

either

1) you cheesed to win

or

2) they were being sore losers

[quote name='swetooth9']yea it's pretty tough, you know why they did it like this right?

last year, everyone..i mean EVERYONE would turbo block every shot attempt...and never get called for the foul...i would average 15 blocks/game

i like it much more this year...more fouls = more cautious D and less trying to block every damn shot[/QUOTE]

The most team blocks I've gotten in a game of 2K7 has been about 7. I'll never do the big-block achievements. I'm much more of a steal guy, anyway -- kind of like Karl Malone.

[quote name='swetooth9']either

1) you cheesed to win

or

2) they were being sore losers[/quote]
Nope all the games I played though I should have left Negative feedback, the games were all pretty good, except the last one, the guy just kept shooting with Rafer Alston. His stats RA: 18-48 46 pts
I play a balanced offense with the Timberwolves, I run plays with Mike James and pass, and he usually winds up with around 20 assists. Anyway that was some bs last night

[quote name='ViolentLee']The most team blocks I've gotten in a game of 2K7 has been about 7. I'll never do the big-block achievements. I'm much more of a steal guy, anyway -- kind of like Karl Malone.[/quote]

yea, i was able to get the shaq achievement and the ones that require 10 blocks...but i havent been able to get the 15 block one yet

[quote name='thamaster24']Nope all the games I played though I should have left Negative feedback, the games were all pretty good, except the last one, the guy just kept shooting with Rafer Alston. His stats RA: 18-48 46 pts
I play a balanced offense with the Timberwolves, I run plays with Mike James and pass, and he usually winds up with around 20 assists. Anyway that was some bs last night[/quote]

you would think he would use all his players since he has yao, tmac, rafer, battier, (and after the roster update) bonzi...what a loser

sucks man...but i got a neg for no reason at all either (multiple times actually)

I'll download it tomorrow and let you know how it is. If you have any specific questions right now though, let me know so I can look into them while I mess around with it.

[quote name='CharlieV31']has anyone tried out the 2kreelmaker?[/QUOTE]

I did, and had fun with it (I think I posted about it earlier in the thread). I only made one basic reel on one clip, but used a lot of effects. I'm planning to edit one to commemorate a 5-minute/quarter game where Dirk made 11 three-pointers.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I'll download it tomorrow and let you know how it is. If you have any specific questions right now though, let me know so I can look into them while I mess around with it.[/quote]

cool, thanks alot man..actually the only question i have is can you use custom music such as music already stored in your xbox in the reelmaker?

[quote name='ViolentLee']I did, and had fun with it (I think I posted about it earlier in the thread). I only made one basic reel on one clip, but used a lot of effects. I'm planning to edit one to commemorate a 5-minute/quarter game where Dirk made 11 three-pointers.[/quote]

thats cool..do you know if there is a limit to how long a reel can be? because i have a pretty good amount of replays saved and i wanna use-- if not all--most of the replays i have saved.

360 players: I rented this game and loved it offline but when I tried it online it was absymal. The graphics looked down rezzed and the actual game played very differently. It was like all the players were on speed. I tried 2 games and they were both like this. Was this just 2 bad connections or is online really that way?

[quote name='CharlieV31']thats cool..do you know if there is a limit to how long a reel can be? because i have a pretty good amount of replays saved and i wanna use-- if not all--most of the replays i have saved.[/QUOTE]
You can only mix replays from the same game, I think. Other than that, I don't know that there's much limit -- I'm sure you can't make an entire 12-minute/quarter, obviously.

Reelmaker Info:

[quote name='ViolentLee']I downloaded Reel Maker and put together my first reel: It's just one play, of Wade coming out of nowhere to get a pass, drive, do a behind-the-back dribble, and dunk. I added a red flash and a missile sound effect, slowed down at the dribble move, and froze after the dunk with a graphic. In all, I used three different camera angles. If anyone's interested, my Gamer Tag is Violent Lee and the reel's name is "Wade = Flash."

Pretty steep learning curve, as it seems really tough to undo things. That means you'd best save often. It took me about an hour, all told. I'll definitely use it some more. I love this type of editing (I just bought The Movies on PC).

Also, some of you may not notice, but at the end of every game you play, you can view replays of every score. Just go to end of game stats and scoring summary. Every one can be clicked on to view. You can save them from there, too.[/quote]
On top of that, as ViolentLee stated, you can only use replays from the same game mode with the same teams and players in the same arena. Meaning, you can't mix and match replays from a Heat/Mavs game and a Mavs/Spurs game. If you pick a replay that has the Mavs as the home team and the Spurs as the away team, then it has to be the same exact teams and players in the other clips you bring in.

There is a limit on the length of the replays. I can't say how long, but it gives you a max size of 8.4MB. Just for comparison's sake, I made a short clip about 10 seconds long and it took up a little over 1MB so you can extrapolate than and get an idea of what you can do.

You can't use your own music for the replays. You're only given the option to use 2KBeats or sound effects.

For the most part, the GUI is pretty standard and sensible. The only problem I had was with controlling the camera. The L-stick has complete control of the zoom and rotation which is a bit odd since they still left the R-stick for menu navigation which is a pain in this mode. I just wanted to move the focus of the camera around with the L-stick and change the pan/zoom/angle with the R-stick.

I'm gonna play around a bit more with it, but it's probably not something I'm going to use a whole bunch. I skip through the auto replays as is anyway, but it is pretty cool that your saved highlights get automatically uploaded for others to view.

Any more questions, just let me know and I'll try to address them.

[quote name='klwillis45']360 players: I rented this game and loved it offline but when I tried it online it was absymal. The graphics looked down rezzed and the actual game played very differently. It was like all the players were on speed. I tried 2 games and they were both like this. Was this just 2 bad connections or is online really that way?[/quote]online play is very different. I cant make any jumpshots online.

bread's done
Back