NBA 2K9 League #2 3 Games due by 1-31=)

[quote name='Immortal fWd']Your edit at 8:21 said 20 minutes, I posted 2 minutes later. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

Nah, I edited some other stuff out. It said 20 minutes originally.

[quote name='-GoodFella-']I called all of those timeouts manually. I was getting pissed off at my guys because they don't do a damn thing when I want to run a defensive set and the stupid game has a habit of not saving my playbook/ presets. It just boggles my mind how your players where shooting uncontested shots while my idiot players just stood there in the post and didn't even raise their hands or do anything...no help defense whatsoever. It also doesn't help that I have a 7-3 statue of a center that can't play D at all and to make matters worse, gets his shots blocked by smaller defenders. Really disappointing.[/quote]

I think the help defense setting is set to zero by default, I always have to change that setting during the first time out. I usually put it at about 75% full.

[quote name='MSUHitman']I think the help defense setting is set to zero by default, I always have to change that setting during the first time out. I usually put it at about 75% full.[/QUOTE]

Really? the same thing happened in the last game I played against the pistons. 2K must of done something because I never had my help defense settings at zero until recently.

[quote name='Immortal fWd']Anyone want to play right now or after the Suns/Blazers game on TNT?[/QUOTE]

I might still be awake after Suns/Blazers. If I am awake and you haven't got an opponent, I'll play.

Any takers for after the Bulls game?

Let'ss et up a game for today, people. I went with the suggestion that I post when I'm ready to go in the thread, hoping to get a game per day in order to meet the deadline. I've had no games the last 2 days, so I'm kind of running behind through no fault of my own. Only Immortal has even attempted to play me, but unfortunately he was too late on Wednesday and I was unable to stay awake till the time he wanted to play last night.

Note that I am not saying I can play right this second, but I'd like to set up at least 1 game for some time today, preferably starting no later than 7 Pacific/10 Eastern.

I might be able to start around 6:30, but it all depends on when my wife gets home. She gets off at 6, so with traffic I imagine 6:30 shouldn't be a stretch. I don't want to start a game before she gets here in case my baby decides to throw a fit or something.

[quote name='Immortal fWd']I might be able to start around 6:30, but it all depends on when my wife gets home. She gets off at 6, so with traffic I imagine 6:30 shouldn't be a stretch. I don't want to start a game before she gets here in case my baby decides to throw a fit or something.[/QUOTE]

That's cool. As long as it's no later than say, 7:15 (I want to join the last bit of our CAG NHL club play at 8) there will be no conflict.

Juan, do we have anymore games to play against each other? You didn't say anything about playing in response to my post.

[quote name='Matt Young']That's cool. As long as it's no later than say, 7:15 (I want to join the last bit of our CAG NHL club play at 8) there will be no conflict.

Juan, do we have anymore games to play against each other? You didn't say anything about playing in response to my post.[/QUOTE]

Ok, I will be on for sure between 6:30 and 7. I know I can start by 7 at the latest for sure.

[quote name='Matt Young']
Juan, do we have anymore games to play against each other? You didn't say anything about playing in response to my post.[/QUOTE]

I have to play 3 games against you. Just send me a PM via CAG when you want to play. I'll be watching the NCAA tourney here at home.

[quote name='elpolloestupendo']Matt, I could play our last game later tonight. If you'll be around and aren't already playing, post a message here and let me know when is best for you.[/QUOTE]

Tonight's no good. I've already got the game with Immortal and then I'm either going to a party I was just invited to or I'm going to join the team for the tail end of the NHL 09 online team play.

What about this weekend? I am free most of the afternoon/evening tomorrow, as well as Sunday.

Juan and Weav, I'm going to be available in a couple hours and then will be for most of the night. I'm very sleep deprived and I'm not going anywhere tonight.

Also, Weav- I just saw that you joined our NHL 09 team. Welcome!

I'll be on in 5 minutes. Also, what's up with Miami (dudedizzle)? He's been posting in the referral forum as recently as today but hasn't posted in the league thread in weeks.

Great game, Juan. Even though you never trailed, the game was close throughout and the deficit I faced was never more than single digits. But when Kobe went cold, even though Fish stepped up from beyond the arc, I was doomed.

Stars of the game were Lebron with 67 points, Kobe with 45 (was keeping pace before going cold) and Fisher with 15 points and 16 assists. 4 men scored in double figures for me; 3 for Juan.

If I had to choose 2 words to describe your play style, it'd be "fucking squirrely". You were running around like a squirrel on speed, LOL. It was hard to guard you.

That was a great game. It looked a lot like a Kobe-LeBron 1 on 1 contest with both guys just scoring at will. Every time I tried to pull away on the scoreboard you would come back and kill my lead....especially near the end when you got within 2 points with a minute left. Thank God my guys hit their free throws at the end.

[quote name='elpolloestupendo']Hey Matt, I'm on XBL now, so if you want to play send me a message.[/QUOTE]

I got off the computer and played some Wii for a while, so I just now saw your message. If you still want to play, let me know.

[quote name='Immortal fWd']Sorry MSU my Xbox froze no lie. I wouldn't quit, I can take a whoopin. You get the win.[/quote]

OK, thanks for letting me know. I didn't think you'd do that. Just got on a good shooting streak.

[quote name='MSUHitman']OK, thanks for letting me know. I didn't think you'd do that. Just got on a good shooting streak.[/QUOTE]

Yea you were hot, and I couldn't hit anything. My damn thing froze as soon as it got to the halftime cutscreen. It's been freezing more lately, might be time to call MS before my warranty expires in May.

Great game, WeavShow. Much better than the 19 and 20 point blowouts we played before, LOL. Good thing we didn't use headsets, because I used the word "fuck" a lot, aminly in regards to Kobe going cold in the first half and my guys allowing you to get approximately 852 and 1/3 offensive rebounds.

I only had 6 guys who took any shots, and my offense was all Kobe and the red hot (for once) Pau Gasol. I couldn't believe I missed that 3 at the end with Fisher, though, and then I couldn't get it back out in time.

2 great games today; 2 tough, close losses for me. Both games were critical to my playoff chances down the line. Boo. 9 more games for me to go, and 6 days (assuming we cannot play on April 4th) to play them in. I wonder how many of us will finish.

Oh yeah- congrats, WeavShow. Pending dudedizzle's return and possible running of the table, you've essentially clinched the 1 seed.

[quote name='Matt Young'] Boo. 9 more games for me to go, and 6 days (assuming we cannot play on April 4th) to play them in. I wonder how many of us will finish.
[/QUOTE]

You can play on April 4th but it has to be by 11:59 PM eastern time.

Has anyone heard from the Rockets owner? His xbox.com profile still shows his account is in silver status, but it does show he was logged in today playing a demo.

[quote name='-GoodFella-']You can play on April 4th but it has to be by 11:59 PM eastern time.[/QUOTE]

Okay, thanks. And since 2 of us, myself included, have now asked about the Rockets owner (whose last post here was about him desperately wanting to be in the playoffs) what are you going to do about him? If he's out, that's 3 fewer games I need to play by next weekend.

If I renew my year subscription today will it be a waste or will you guys actually get games in?
Edit: Just sent my my prize request for the year of live. I should get an email back soon with the code. Anyone who wants to get games in, message here and I'll get on.

Definitely a good game between me and Matt last night. You really did get killed on the boards. I swear, sometimes it's like this game just decides a team is going to score on a particular possession, and they keep getting offensive rebound after offensive rebound until they finally put it in. I was definitely the lucky recipient of that decision at least a couple times yesterday.

[quote name='dudedizzle27']If I renew my year subscription today will it be a waste or will you guys actually get games in?
Edit: Just sent my my prize request for the year of live. I should get an email back soon with the code. Anyone who wants to get games in, message here and I'll get on.[/QUOTE]

The reg. season deadline is next Saturday. Also, a lot of us, if not all of us, play our games @ night.

LEAGUE UPDATE:

Guys, just wanted to let you know that as of this writing there are 21 regular season games remaining on the schedule. This means we should have no major problems once the April 4 deadline is reached if we get these games knocked out in the coming days.

Great job!

Sorry Penny that I disco'd the mike, but I didn't want to say anything mean. I'm just glad I made a game of it. I'll be back later.

Guys, just want to let you know that the league website has been updated with news articles. When you have a chance just stop by and check it out, and if possible post some of your game recaps here so I can post them in the news section. I also added a poll where you guys can vote and will be adding more through the week.

CAG NBA 2K9 League Homepage

bread's done
Back