NBA 2K9 League #2 3 Games due by 1-31=)

I've but myself out there to play plenty of nights but get no response. Whoever wants to play me, I'm game tomorrow night after that, I say we roll with elpollostupendo's idea.

I was actually available more than many in the beginning of the league, but the only person ever on was Weavshow and a couple others I finished my games with.

I like the playoffs idea, but like a best of 5 series. If we have SCHEDULED games then they will actually get played, thus, playoffs.

[quote name='Matt Young']Other than WeavShow and I missing each other by 15 minutes one night, no one has challenged me since I posted my availability.[/QUOTE]

Why don't you post in here when you can play? I know I've sent messages on Live to you before and never hear anything back.

I just got a game in with the Rockets, went down to the wire but I pulled it off 112-107. I knocked down 19 3's as his defense was leaving my shooters wide open all game long.

Just played my final 2 against the Pistons. First game I couldn't hit anything, layups were being blown all over the place and he beat me pretty good. Second game was close, went down to the end. I had a chance to tie it with a second left but Amare missed the free throw. I only made 1/9 ft's. That's where I lost the game for sure. It's a big difference playing Detroit, they let my big guys go off but they defend the 3 well and really get me out of rhythm.

I asked on the 2k boards about our problem adding a replacement, they said only the league creator can add one, so we might be screwed there. I just hope we're able to finish. I only have 7 games left, 3 of which are against the Lakers. The rest I have are 2 against the Hornets, 1 against the Rockets, and 1 against the Warriors.

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as the Hornets go, has anybody seen MSUHitman around recently? I don't think he's posted on here in a while, and he's one of the few guys I have games left with as well.

Nobody has sent me any invite when I was on the 360 in Jan. to early Feb., then I've been on the PS3 a lot since SF IV/Killzone 2/MLB The Show came out.

I'm ready to play just about anytime. I can only play late tonight, but tomorrow night I can play anytime after 7 p.m. central.

Edit: Full availability:

Sunday- Pretty much zero
Monday- After 7 p.m. central
Tuesday- After 10 p.m. central
Wednesday- After 8 p.m. central
Thursday- After 7 p.m. central
Friday- After 7 p.m. central
Saturday- After 7 p.m. central

Send me a PM here or a message on Live if you're interested in playing.

So is this season about over? I would like to be in the next one if there is one. I dont know what happened but I could never join this one for some reason.

I just lost to the Suns. Pretty pathetic loss as I had been VERY rusty and my friend wouldn't let me concentrate, but nonetheless he put up a fight. However, if we get to the playoffs don't expect me to be rusty ;)

I'm going to need a win vs. the Pistons tonight to be erased. Xxxplosive lost connection in the 2nd quarter and it was a tie game so we need to replay it.

Good job Weavshow, I have no answers for you except to play zone and have Pierce kill me. At least that way, I can keep it under double digits.

Alright, I reset your game.

Yeah, the zone really killed Rondo the second game - luckily Pierce picked up the slack.

Goodfella, are you available to play any time in the next couple of days? I've just got my game against you left (outside of the ones with Matt and the ownerless Warriors).

It looks like we might finish this league after all. Is it too early to start talking about playoff formats? Best of 3 and best of 5? Is that already determined in the league and I just don't know it?

OK what in the world just happened? We played again after XXXPlosive disco'd and he challenged me, but I think he did the wrong type because it said player match when it started and it showed video clips when the game was loading instead of our 2k avatars.

Then after I win the game 88-80, he pauses the game directly after the horn goes off, looks at stats for 30 seconds, then quits the game so it won't register!

I think the game at the Pistons should be a win for me.

I just got smoked by the Hornets. His D really got me out of rhythm and I couldn't run.

I forgot to mention it but Barbosa got injured in my first game against the Pistons the other day. It really hurts as I only relied on him and Barnes off the bench. I've got six games left, half of which are against the Lakers. I've got 1 each against the Rockets, Hornets, and Warriors.

[quote name='MSUHitman']OK what in the world just happened? We played again after XXXPlosive disco'd and he challenged me, but I think he did the wrong type because it said player match when it started and it showed video clips when the game was loading instead of our 2k avatars.

Then after I win the game 88-80, he pauses the game directly after the horn goes off, looks at stats for 30 seconds, then quits the game so it won't register!

I think the game at the Pistons should be a win for me.[/QUOTE]

Dude, I did not quit so the game wouldn't register. If I was going to do that, I would have quit long before then. When we got disconnected on the tie game, 2K saved the game as a tie and gave us both a loss. So to play the game over, I did a custom game challenge so we could replace that game. The Commish has to make that game a replacement, It wouldn't register no matter what we did cause 2k saved that tie game.

You won the fucking game fair and square, I never tried to cheat you out of a win so don't go posting like I did. If your done acting like an asshole, we can play the rest of our games tonight.

Alright, I changed the Hornets @ Pistons to a win for the Hornets. And yeah Hitman, I'm sure XXXPlosive didn't quit to try and pretend the game never happened. I've played a bunch of games against him before.

What do you guys think we should do about the Warriors? The best plan I can think of is just to, as much as possible, split every team's season series with him. At first I figured I could just give everyone wins against him, but then I realized that we don't play a fully balanced schedule (I play him 3 times, for example), so that wouldn't be quite fair.

Once his games are out of the way, we'll really be most of the way through this league.

Any word from the Lakers? have you guys tried to set up games against Matt Young? have you tried sending PM's via the forums and XBL and get any replies from him?

As for the Warriors, the only team that they get to play just twice is the Hornets I believe. We could just give out wins against the Warriors to everybody just to move the league forward really. The uneven schedule really wouldn't make that much of a difference since every team has one opponent on their schedule that they only play twice.

EDIT: Looks like some teams are scheduled to face 2 teams twice during the season.

I sent Matt a couple of messages over the weekend but never got any reply.

It looks like I'm one of the teams that only gets the Warriors twice. I beat the once and have one remaining game. I don't mind just having wins handed out to all the rest of his opponents.

[quote name='XXXplosive1']Dude, I did not quit so the game wouldn't register. If I was going to do that, I would have quit long before then. When we got disconnected on the tie game, 2K saved the game as a tie and gave us both a loss. So to play the game over, I did a custom game challenge so we could replace that game. The Commish has to make that game a replacement, It wouldn't register no matter what we did cause 2k saved that tie game.

You won the fucking game fair and square, I never tried to cheat you out of a win so don't go posting like I did. If your done acting like an asshole, we can play the rest of our games tonight.[/quote]

Hey I just found it very odd you paused the game before it had a chance to advance to the post game and quit instead of just hitting resume and waiting 5 seconds to advance the game to the end screen. I didn't call you names, so I don't think you should call me any either. I never played a game with you so I don't know anything about you.

Alright, handing out wins against the Warriors sounds good then. If anybody has any objections, voice 'em now.

And it's pretty obvious that Matt's a really busy guy. I don't mean to be a dick about it, but if we wait for him to complete his schedule, I don't think we have any shot of finishing this league. Purely hypothetically, if we lump the Lakers and Warriors into the free wins category, this is what everyone has left, by my count:

Celtics: 1 game left
Rockets: 6 games left
Cavs: 7 games left
Hornets: 8 games left (damn, you play a lot of games against the Rockets)
Suns: 2 games left
Hornets: 5 games left

Hey guys just checking up to see how things are going. Looks like sans Warriors and Lakers (not a call out; don't get all defensive) everything is going well. Hopefully you guys can keep this going til the playoffs.

[quote name='FrankySox']Hey guys just checking up to see how things are going. Looks like sans Warriors and Lakers (not a call out; don't get all defensive) everything is going well. Hopefully you guys can keep this going til the playoffs.[/QUOTE]

Hey Franky, any chance of you getting a 360 again in the near future? or are you going to stick to PS3 for now?

[quote name='dudedizzle27']Alright I REALLY want to get to the playoffs. So Hornets, Cavs, and Pistons please tell me when you guys are available to play.[/quote]

See post 408

[quote name='elpolloestupendo']Hey Goodfella, did you get the message I sent yesterday? I'll be around all night tonight to get our game in, if you can play.[/QUOTE]

Got it. Will be on later tonight.

[quote name='-GoodFella-']Hey Franky, any chance of you getting a 360 again in the near future? or are you going to stick to PS3 for now?[/QUOTE]

Not anytime soon no, if ever.

[quote name='elpolloestupendo']Alright, handing out wins against the Warriors sounds good then. If anybody has any objections, voice 'em now.

And it's pretty obvious that Matt's a really busy guy. I don't mean to be a dick about it, but if we wait for him to complete his schedule, I don't think we have any shot of finishing this league. Purely hypothetically, if we lump the Lakers and Warriors into the free wins category, this is what everyone has left, by my count:

Celtics: 1 game left
Rockets: 6 games left
Cavs: 7 games left
Hornets: 8 games left (damn, you play a lot of games against the Rockets)
Suns: 2 games left
Hornets: 5 games left[/QUOTE]

I've posted my availability in here and tried getting a couple games in. WeavShow is the only one who's tried to play me, really. Like Immortal said, he messaged me a coupl of times, but those were just Live messages that said, "2K9?" or "On?" when I was not on.

[quote name='Matt Young']I've posted my availability in here and tried getting a couple games in. WeavShow is the only one who's tried to play me, really. Like Immortal said, he messaged me a coupl of times, but those were just Live messages that said, "2K9?" or "On?" when I was not on.[/QUOTE]

Those messages were sent when you are supposedly available. What more are we supposed to do? You never come on here and ask if anyone wants to play like everyone else does.

Just message me on here to set a specific time during my availability hours. I simply listed the hours I am busy. That doesn't necessarily mean I'll be on the 360 if I don't have a game set up.

Played another great game against Weavshow today. It was contested just like the first time when we played; the biggest lead for each of us was 7 or 9 points I believe and how about the 3 point shooting?....man, it was raining 3's all over throughout the game. I would hit one and on his very next possession he would answer back with one of his own thanks to Ray Allen (43 pts) who was close to killing me like once again with his 8 three pointers made like he did the first time we played .

Weavshow did tie up the game at 86 after going on a 9-2 with over 2:00 left but I managed to hold him off for the win 94-88 since this time around Delonte West did make his free throws and I got some good looks at the basket down the stretch. Overall it was great, win or lose I always have a great time playing against Weavshow. Hope we meet again in the playoffs :D

Alright guys, looks like everybody that's got games against the Warriors remaining will be declared winner by default so I'm going to go ahead and get that taken care of.

EDIT: All set. Please check your schedule to see how many games you have remaining :)

Hey Matt, I sent you a PM, but I just remembered you said sometimes those don't go through. Any chance you could play tonight? I know you said you were more available on weekends, so hopefully you can. If so, let me know what time is best for you. I can be on anytime after 6:30 PST, and I'd be willing to play as many games as you could (I think we have three total to play). Anyway, if you can play, let me know exactly when is best for you and I'll be on then. And I'll actually pay attention and see if you send a message this time, I swear.

bread's done
Back