NBA 2K9 League #2 3 Games due by 1-31=)

[quote name='Immortal fWd']I just played MSUHitman and we had a damn good game. It was back and forth the entire time, I don't think any of us got up my more then 5 or so. It was tied with 4 seconds left and Nash drove through traffic for the game winning fingerroll. 84-82 final.[/quote]

GG. I wish I could of hit a shot outside the paint in that game. I was 2-15 from 3. I fell asleep for 1 second in the final minute trying to get a steal and Grant Hill hits the 3 for you to go up 1. That changed the whole game.

[quote name='dudedizzle27']Weavshow that was a freakin joke, you got the win u pussy relax

Edit: I turned off my xbox after the game ended so stop complaining. Not to mention, you pussied out and intentionally fouled before McGrady threed you up again to force OT.
Edit2: Haha well when I turned off my mic was when I got the awesome comeback run so it doesn't bother me[/quote]

Intentionally fouling a shooter before they can put up a 3pt shot is part of basketball and good strategy. All you can do is try to get it to the open man before you get fouled and if you do get fouled to hit the FT and then play D.

[quote name='Matt Young']

Rest assured, I am committed, and I can play no later than Monday; possibly Sunday depending on how the hockey game goes and what we do afterward.[/QUOTE]

No worries, we all know you're reliable and that you will play your games. I'm surprised that you haven't played yet considering the league started playing 2 weeks ago but seeing that you've had a busy schedule that's understandable.

How many people are waiting around to get a spot in this league? Maybe we could start another CAG league? The champions could play off in a best of 7?

[quote name='MSUHitman']GG. I wish I could of hit a shot outside the paint in that game. I was 2-15 from 3. I fell asleep for 1 second in the final minute trying to get a steal and Grant Hill hits the 3 for you to go up 1. That changed the whole game.[/QUOTE]

Yea that was a big moment right there. I made a crucial mistake at the end. You had fouled Nash intentionally while I was running out the clock, and he had a chance to go up by 3 with ft's. I made the first, but missed the second and Shaq got the offensive rebound. I wasn't expecting that at all and passed it back to Nash by mistake. I could have backed it out and tried to run out the clock since there was only 9 seconds left or so, but I freaked out and threw up a brick which you rebounded and got the quick timeout. You then ran a nice play and got the tying basket.

[quote name='dudedizzle27']I just played Weavshow and finally finished a game. However, I lost by three. I was down by about 15 very late and made an incredible defensive run going on probably a 13-0 run. When I was down 3 with 13 seconds left I ran it down the floor. Right before taking my 3 with 6 seconds left, the pussy fouls me and I drain my two free throws not allowing me to tie it and it was basically over. Good game, u cheap Bastard :applause:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dudedizzle27']Weavshow that was a freakin joke, you got the win u pussy relax

Edit: I turned off my xbox after the game ended so stop complaining. Not to mention, you pussied out and intentionally fouled before McGrady threed you up again to force OT.
Edit2: Haha well when I turned off my mic was when I got the awesome comeback run so it doesn't bother me[/QUOTE]

I just saw Dudizzle's post, and I'm quite sick of this guy rubbing it in win he wins and the constant badgering of people who wear mics. I've sent him a warning that if he keeps this up I will replace him in the league. He said it himself that there are plenty of people wanting to join. If anyone has any problems with him again please let me know. This is supposed to be a fun league, name calling and poor sportsmanship have no place in this league.

I know I quit a game but I never insulted my opponent, and he got the win, which he deserved.

Last edited by a moderator:
I could play some games tonight if anyone is up for it.

EDIT: Hey Goodfella, I guess the game I quit counted so I'm going to reset the one you switched. XXXPlosive1 you are still getting the win, it counted it's the 77-72 game.

Do you guys have high lights or video up on the CAG league site? (Someone post a link to the new league site I cant find it in this thread.)

I am thinking about doing some "reporting" like we did in the Madden thread while I am waiting to join the next one.

I would like to try to get in a game vs. the Hornets and Suns tonight, those are two I haven't played. I still need to play the Lakers as well but I don't ever see him on.

[quote name='Matt Young']You're welcome, and good luck with future games not against the Lakers. ;)
I know... I had the second most games played in the last league,
[/QUOTE]

Actually you only played 4 games, there were several people ahead of you, I'm only pointing this out because I know you'd offer me the same courtesy. You could always get three games in against me! =)
http://community.2ksports.com/community/league/standing.cfm?l=7690

I could actually play right now if someone sees this.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FrankySox']I would like to try to get in a game vs. the Hornets and Suns tonight, those are two I haven't played. I still need to play the Lakers as well but I don't ever see him on.[/quote]

I just played Gears 2 with you on Friday night...

Actually you only played 4 games, there were several people ahead of you, I'm only pointing this out because I know you'd offer me the same courtesy. You could always get three games in against me! =)
http://community.2ksports.com/community/league/standing.cfm?l=7690

Apparently you and a couple other people passed me by after the league largely became inactive. My mistake. I was in the lead for a while. I played 6 games, really, just had to replay 2 of them- 1 with you and 1 with Hitman.

Like I said, if anyone wants to play tonight after 8:30 Pacific, assuming my friend and I don't do anything after leaving the hockey game, I'll play. Otherwise, tomorrow from 2 P.M.-5 P.M. (have to be done by 6) or after 8:15 is good.

Okay, well as I said, it all depends on what we do after the hockey game ends. But if I just get dropped back off at home, it should be 8:30 or so. Remember, that's Pacific time. Don't get your time differences confused again, Immortal. ;)

If I'm home on time, I'll play one or both of you.

Are there any league openings? I am on 2k all the time. My gamertag is Gone Or Rea and my AIM is robbysteinz. Please let me know

[quote name='elpolloestupendo']I will also be on tonight. Franky, I saw your message - I'd definitely be down for our second game.[/QUOTE]

Okay sounds good. I should be around 9-10 est time.

Everybody needs to have three games in by 1-31. I had originally said two a week but with the servers being down I understand it was hard to get games in. Everyone is doing well, lets keep it up guys!

[quote name='Matt Young']Okay, so FrankySox, Immortal, and Weav, will you guys be available at/after 8:30 pacific tonight if I am home, or not that late?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'll definitely be on then. I think I already have all of you in my que, so I'll probably be on NBA just hit me up with a message.

[quote name='Matt Young']Don't get your time differences confused again, Immortal. ;)[/QUOTE]

All you stupid 49 other states with your daylight savings. :D

But yea, I should be on after 8:30 Pacific, maybe even before.

I will say this. Out of all the sports games out there I think Basketball is one of the WORST to play online against random people.

I rarely ever play sports games head to head online because it always boils down to how much cheese can we fit in this. But today I decided test the waters.

Out of 10 games only 1 was worth playing. I played the Cavs, Bron Bron had 46 points.....didnt take a single jump shot the entire game just drive and dunk and the worst part about it is the game let him. Every time I went to guard him the game would do a Auto cross over/auto round the corner/auto whatever.

Other than sim leagues online sports games are a waste as all the basic fundamentals of the sports are thrown by the wayside.

Pfft.

[quote name='Soodmeg']I will say this. Out of all the sports games out there I think Basketball is one of the WORST to play online against random people.

I rarely ever play sports games head to head online because it always boils down to how much cheese can we fit in this. But today I decided test the waters.

Out of 10 games only 1 was worth playing. I played the Cavs, Bron Bron had 46 points.....didnt take a single jump shot the entire game just drive and dunk and the worst part about it is the game let him. Every time I went to guard him the game would do a Auto cross over/auto round the corner/auto whatever.

Other than sim leagues online sports games are a waste as all the basic fundamentals of the sports are thrown by the wayside.

Pfft.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I don't really play this game online against random people that much. All the players in this league are cool about that stuff. I've played the Lakers twice in the other league (because one of the games got disconnected) and the Cavs in this league and nobody really does the drive move every time with Kobe or Lebron. This is a really enjoyable league as everyone is fun to play with. If I play someone random on time I'll just make sure they don't choose the Lakers or the Celtics before I agree to play, that is how I've been successful in getting some decent games online.

I might not be able to make it online tonight, I had something come up. If I do get on it'll probably be later.

Ugh, I hate this 2k shit. Me and the Weav were just playing a pretty damned good game with a few minutes left in the fourth. Our connection is lost and now I get to try and play the game of my life again. He was pulling away in the fourth I'm sure he was going to win but atleast it was entertaining. For some reason I was down by 6 or 8 and it gave me the win. I'm not sure why that is but I think I'm just going to reset it and we'll try again later.

I just got punched in the nuts by the Suns. I had a TERRIBLE start and I think I was down by twenty three different times in the game, always to pull within about 8 or 7 then go back down by 20. Tough loss, good game though from Immortal, who by the way had a BEASTLY dunk with Richardson.

I think I'm finally figuring out a decent defensive strategy for my team. This was by far my best game. I wish I knew how to do the video clip thing, I would have liked to get the J-Rich windmill.

I'm down for another game if someone wants.

[quote name='robbysteinz']any openings guys? I will take any team. I really wanna play against ya'll[/QUOTE]

League is full. You'll have to wait in case somebody drops out but there's already a waiting list on the OP.

I can't play that late cause I have classes tomorrow :bomb:
However, if anyone wants to play today PM me because I'll definitely pass up To Kill a Mockingbird HW for NBA 2k9 CAGs

To Kill A Mockingbird is a great book. You'd be missing out.

It sucks that so many league people are on Eastern and Central time. Available evenings for me are sleeping times for you guys.

What happened to Immortal's post? I got on and you weren't on, and then I checked later and it said you signed off 11 minutes prior. It's no problem, but I just need to get 3 games done, and I'm not sure I can play Tuesday. :whistle2:\

I deleted it, I didn't think anyone had seen it so I just removed it. The wife ended up having to work late so it kinda through my whole night off. Sorry, I should have posted something.

Like I said, it is not a problem. I need to schedule some concrete times for games between Wednesday and Saturday since I need 3. I can play pretty much all afternoon on Wednesday, and from 2-3 P.M. Pacific till *uncertain* on Thursday and Friday.

While I didn't get to play a league game last night, seeking achievements, I played my first random last night in a ranked game. He was a pretty cool guy, a fellow wrestling fan from NorCal, so we had a nice Warriors vs. Lakers (me) battle. I blew a 10 point lead, and we traded 1 point advantages in the final 2 minutes.

With Kobe mobbed upon receiving the inbound pass, I drained a baby hook with Gasol with 2.6on the clock. I got a block with Bynum as time expired to win 83-82. Epic. Good to know one can still find good people and players in ranked/random matches, and I got 2 achievements- One Ranked Win and Team 2K, both of which you guys all probably already have.

I might be able to squeeze one in late tonight and possibly one tomorrow evening. Thursday is a no go as I'm heading up to Phoenix for the Suns/Spurs game. Friday I should be able to play anytime since my wife is off.

bread's done
Back