NBA Discussion Thread

looks like the hawks are just satisfied with making it to the ECF for the first time. You can't beat a Cavs team without Love & Irving? Warriors series looking like a sweep if somehow the rockets can pull some miracles like they did in their last round. Cavs definitely going need Kyrie for the Warriors (I'd just rest him for the entire hawks series).

Alright. Dellavedova is one dirty player. First he traps Gibsons ankle, next he falls into Korver's ankle, and now he falls into Horford's legs. I know he's one of those hustle type players but it would be dumb to assume that he doesn't go after the legs when he falls.

so who do you guys have: The Cavs with LeBron trying to bring the mistake by the lake their first title since the 60's or the Warriors team that are a better version of the Nash Suns team in the mid 00's that shoot lights out. Run TMC would be proud. If LeBron can contain Curry and the other defenders lock down Thompson, Cavs win. But if LeBron cant or doesn't guard Curry & Thompson gets loose we might have a primarily jump shooting taking home the title.

Alright. Dellavedova is one dirty player. First he traps Gibsons ankle, next he falls into Korver's ankle, and now he falls into Horford's legs. I know he's one of those hustle type players but it would be dumb to assume that he doesn't go after the legs when he falls.
Korver made a bad move in going after the ball on the run instead of diving to his stomach to ensure he got control of it, so that was just an unfortunate play. Al Horford grabbed Delly by the arm and pulled him away from the rebound, tripping over Carroll, and to the ground, where he slid backwards into his leg and earned him an elbow to the shoulder/chest/neck because of Horford's own stupidity. If you don't want Delly sliding into your leg, don't pull him towards you like that.

Reggie Miller's tirade about that was one of the more disgusting displays of inept commentary I've seen in a while. I had to mute the game for a bit to block his stupidity transmissions from infesting my brain.

so who do you guys have: The Cavs with LeBron trying to bring the mistake by the lake their first title since the 60's or the Warriors team that are a better version of the Nash Suns team in the mid 00's that shoot lights out. Run TMC would be proud. If LeBron can contain Curry and the other defenders lock down Thompson, Cavs win. But if LeBron cant or doesn't guard Curry & Thompson gets loose we might have a primarily jump shooting taking home the title.
I also wonder who has the better bench and better big man. Warriors have Bogut, Cavs have Thompson, both have decent benches. If Love was was not injured I might give the Cavs the nod. Its gonna be good series and I'd love to see Thompson get a ring. I went to a few of this games in college. Great player!

On a side note the poor Cavs are stuck with "Tons-of-Fun" Perkins. I doubt he'll do anything except get a few fouls. Maybe they can dump him next year with some sort of package deal, send him to a crappy bottom feeder team like Utah or the Knicks....

Last edited by a moderator:
I still don't know whether to root for or against the Cavs.

Against: they are doing the same shit everyone in Cleveland bitched about Miami doing when Lebron went there; namely trying to buy a ring by building a "big 3" (Love, James, Irving) Do we really want the first Cleveland title since 1964 to be tainted by that? (excluding the Cleveland Crunch championships in the 90s)

For: rumor is that Blatt gets canned no matter what happens, so I'm curious to see if they win the title how stupid Gilbert would be.

EDIT: for anyone who has never heard the Delly song: http://www.wtam.com/onair/mike-trivisonno-2339/delly-delly-13595312/

I really think it's going to be a close one, but I think The Cavs are going to take it.  

I still don't know whether to root for or against the Cavs.

Against: they are doing the same shit everyone in Cleveland bitched about Miami doing when Lebron went there; namely trying to buy a ring by building a "big 3" (Love, James, Irving) Do we really want the first Cleveland title since 1964 to be tainted by that? (excluding the Cleveland Crunch championships in the 90s)

For: rumor is that Blatt gets canned no matter what happens, so I'm curious to see if they win the title how stupid Gilbert would be.

EDIT: for anyone who has never heard the Delly song: http://www.wtam.com/onair/mike-trivisonno-2339/delly-delly-13595312/
It definitely hasn't been the big 3 in these playoffs. It's more like the big one and a half.

This will definitely be an unpredictable Finals, I can't wait until June. Rooting for the Warriors.

I live about 90 minutes away from Oakland, and I can say that I've never seen this many Warriors fans appear from out of nowhere. (I remember seeing these same people sporting Kings gear about 10 years ago.)

this will be an interesting finals. no one on the warriors can stop LeBron so their problem is to contain LeBron & let the roll players beat them or let LeBron get his while containing the roll players. the cavs problems are who is going to guard the splash brothers. LeBron can shut down Thompson but do you put LeBron on Thompson or Curry. Smith & Shumpert are good perimeter defenders so they could handle Curry while LeBron saves his energy for Thompson. this series could be like the heat vs thunder series a couple of years ago. I thought the thunder would win but I underestimated the defense of a LeBron driven team can bring.

I think this is going to be a short series, the Cavs just don't have enough to beat the Warriors. Unless Dellavedova pulls some dirty shit and hurts Curry, I see the Warriors easily beating the Cavs. 

Warriors in 5.

Gotta pull for the Warriors by virtue of Steve Kerr being the greatest 3 point shooter in NBA history and 2nd only to Jordan on the Bulls Mt. Rushmore.

yep LeBron cant be stopped but he needs to get the "others" involved. smith & Shumpert with under 10 points ain't gonna cut it. irving need to tough it out through his injuries, you can rest/rehab after the finals.

yep LeBron cant be stopped but he needs to get the "others" involved. smith & Shumpert with under 10 points ain't gonna cut it. irving need to tough it out through his injuries, you can rest/rehab after the finals.
Well, looks like he had a fractured kneecap, no toughing it out through that. This series is over.

well this series seems to be a lot closer than what the paid experts have been saying. LeBron is Magic 3.0

As a Spurs fan, it hurts my heart the flipping Clippers eliminated us. They played so well against us but then chocked. If it wasn't for the Clippers, the Spurs would've beaten the Warriors and would be destroying LeBron once again. Or maybe I'm just mad. I dunno.

But oh well, LeBron is playing great and Steve Kerr doesn't know what the heck he's doing. He has had a little monster called David Lee all season long but he discovers it now.

Everybody is criticizing Curry but he isn't the only one that has been throwing bricks on this series. Draymond and Barnes have been terrible and Bogut has been softer than my Charmin toilet paper. And as I've mentioned, Steve Kerr is being outcoached by LeBron Jam...er... I mean, David Blatt.

As a Spurs fan, it hurts my heart the flipping Clippers eliminated us. They played so well against us but then chocked. If it wasn't for the Clippers, the Spurs would've beaten the Warriors and would be destroying LeBron once again. Or maybe I'm just mad. I dunno.
But oh well, LeBron is playing great and Steve Kerr doesn't know what the heck he's doing. He has had a little monster called David Lee all season long but he discovers it now. Everybody is criticizing Curry but he isn't the only one that has been throwing bricks on this series. Draymond and Barnes have been terrible and Bogut has been softer than my Charmin toilet paper. And as I've mentioned, Steve Kerr is being outcoached by LeBron Jam...er... I mean, David Blatt.
i think the cavs will win because they have lebron james, especially with his experience in finals. which no1 on the warriors team who is playing on the court has. cavs in 5 games

Bad night for LeBron and the TV media.  First they show his dick on national TV before the game, and then they hurt his head.

If the Cavs pull it out tonight, I'm probably going to get a ticket to the watch party at Gund Arena on Sunday.

Bad night for LeBron and the TV media. First they show his dick on national TV before the game, and then they hurt his head.

If the Cavs pull it out tonight, I'm probably going to get a ticket to the watch party at Gund Arena on Sunday.
are you serious about that?

Those last two fouls called on the Cavs should not have been shooting fouls.  They went into the shooting motion after the whistle.

Those last two fouls called on the Cavs should not have been shooting fouls. They went into the shooting motion after the whistle.
damn, it took curry's 37 points to get the win for the warriors, i can see this series going to game 7. no way curry shoots that well next game.

damn, it took curry's 37 points to get the win for the warriors, i can see this series going to game 7. no way curry shoots that well next game.
You kidding? I mean, Cavs run out of gas once the 4th quarter starts. I can see the Warriors closing this one tomorrow. And Curry may not have 37pts in game 6, but definitely won't put a game 2 or 3 type of performance.

I think the Warriors are too deep for the Cavs.  I'm the biggest James hater, but it is pretty incredible how he's basically carrying the whole team on his back and making this a competitive series.  Good to see Dellavedova has reverted back to his junk status.

I think the Warriors are too deep for the Cavs. I'm the biggest James hater, but it is pretty incredible how he's basically carrying the whole team on his back and making this a competitive series. Good to see Dellavedova has reverted back to his junk status.
it seems like there is not much difference between going back to cleveland, and staying in miami

Congrats to whoever are Warriors fans around here.

I'm incredibly proud of the Cavs for fighting through the injury and playing as hard as they could. I'm looking forward to next season when they can heal up and have a better shot at fulfilling their potential.

Think I might have to turn this into an NBA season discussion thread next season. As Bart Scott says, "CAN'T WAIT".

"Congratulations to the Warriors for finally putting together a good team from all those decades of lottery picks"

- Adam Silver

or something like that.

bread's done
Back