NBA Discussion Thread

How did Miami end up with Winslow? I mean I knew the Knicks were going to mess their pick up like they always do, but I can't believe he fell all the way to 10.

Thinking about it some more I really like the pick. Now the Lakers just need to get Aldrige or get Kevin Love to come "home" to Los Angeles.

Also it looks like Russell got his clothes from Dwayne Wade's closet.

dkyclW3.jpg

Well financially it made more sense for Love to opt in with Cleveland and look for a big deal next year when the cap goes up, so I think he's definitely gone and has wanted to come back to LA all along. Love would make more sense up front with Randle than Aldridge I think. A darkhorse candidate I think would be DeMarcus Cousins. If LA can acquire him they might want to make one more run for a championship while Kobe is still around.

Well financially it made more sense for Love to opt in with Cleveland and look for a big deal next year when the cap goes up, so I think he's definitely gone and has wanted to come back to LA all along. Love would make more sense up front with Randle than Aldridge I think. A darkhorse candidate I think would be DeMarcus Cousins. If LA can acquire him they might want to make one more run for a championship while Kobe is still around.
I don't think you can win a championship with a player like Cousins. Besides, no way he can coexist on a team with Kobe.

Apparently Larry Nance Jr. deleted this old tweet after he got drafted by the Lakers:

64c11c40-1bc6-11e5-9e9b-79a45952839b_nancetweet.png
Ahaha. Have fun at practice, Larry.

He can still sign (and likely will) a 2 year deal with the second year being a player option. Similar to Lebron's deal except he wouldn't exercise the player option in the second year.

The guy on the lefts face is priceless. Okafor had better get happy about being in PHI though, they have for at least the next 5 years if they want.

The guy on the lefts face is priceless. Okafor had better get happy about being in PHI though, they have for at least the next 5 years if they want.
lol. Thanks for pointing that out.

It's pretty clear that Okafor doesn't want to play for the Sixers (which is dumb).

Last edited by a moderator:
So far the Spurs are winning free agency. Signing Green to a 4yr deal well below market value, giving them enough money to offer Aldridge a max contract. Feel bad for Laker fans, it looks like it is going to be another summer where the Lakers have money to spend, but aren't able sign a single big free agent.

Lots of teams desperate, overpaying decent players.
Just wait until the salary cap increases. The contracts are going to be stupid big.

well Deandre Jordan joining the mavericks, boy that sucks for the clippers. Now griffin better avg. 25+points 15+rebounds 3+blocks per game to compensate.

Lakers trading for Hibbert, not giving up anything in return.

Not exactly Plan A but it's better than starting Sacre and it's only for one year. Plus they're desperate for some defense.

its funny how the clippers were screwed last week and now, the mavericks are screwed this week. Cuban might file a suit against the clippers (this whole situation seems like comedy).

I love the report that Mark Cuban was driving around downtown Houston, texting members of DeAndre Jordan's family begging for his home address.
This tweet from Broussard was addressed by Cuban's own tweet. "@Chris_Broussard that's is the dumbest shit Ive ever heard. If you had any ethics u would msg me and I will give u his address."

Nonetheless, we got fuck 'd pretty hard by the unprofessionalism of DeAndre Jordan...turned a very productive offseason into a reality that the Dirk Nowitzki era has ended in Dallas...I'm still not fully over it but I'll accept it in time. My personal opinion is that we should tank and send Dirk ( :cry:) to a contender for his last shots at a title. No way should a legend like Dirk have to endure a tanking season this late in his career, but the pick that we traded for Rondo is for the upcoming draft is only ours if it ends up 1st-7th pick so we have to be pretty bad to get it back.

How do you all feel with your teams offseason? Roy you don't need to answer you lucky bastard lol

EDIT: It's getting real between them: @Chris_Broussard how about this. You post any proof I was calling/texting his friends asking anything I give 100k to charity of yr choice.

I remember a similar situation with Tom Glavine (different sports, but similar) a few years ago when he agreed to go to the Mets and then decided he wanted to stay a Brave, and the player's union sort of pushed him to honor his deal with the Mets.

I wonder if Jordan gets pressured to honor his agreement (not sure if he already signed yet or if it's just being reported as him returning in anticipation of it). Although teams often extend offers to FAs and then withdraw them if they change their mind, so I don't know if they have a whole lot of room to complain.

I remember a similar situation with Tom Glavine (different sports, but similar) a few years ago when he agreed to go to the Mets and then decided he wanted to stay a Brave, and the player's union sort of pushed him to honor his deal with the Mets.

I wonder if Jordan gets pressured to honor his agreement (not sure if he already signed yet or if it's just being reported as him returning in anticipation of it). Although teams often extend offers to FAs and then withdraw them if they change their mind, so I don't know if they have a whole lot of room to complain.
I wish the league or player's union would step in and make him honor it but he's already signed on the dotted line with the Clippers.

kdiddy, I'm chilling right now haha. This has been the most entertaining free agency I've experienced so far. 

But man, I lost respect (again) for the LA Floppers. They don't deserve to win.

Huh? Not like the Rockets are going to make it past the 2nd round. Time to dump Howard...
Why should we dump Howard considering he was our best player last postseason? Not only that, but the cap balloon will allow us to keep both Harden/Howard and add on to it.

Don't see us getting past the 2nd round though, we had a lot of things go that way for that to happen.

Why should we dump Howard considering he was our best player last postseason? Not only that, but the cap balloon will allow us to keep both Harden/Howard and add on to it.

Don't see us getting past the 2nd round though, we had a lot of things go that way for that to happen.
Really? I thought Harden was the better player overall. I wish the rockets would have kept Lin. Howard/Lin/Harden decent combo.

How about those Knicks? Making moves to make Anthony happy? If I were him I would want out!

Really? I thought Harden was the better player overall. I wish the rockets would have kept Lin. Howard/Lin/Harden decent combo.

How about those Knicks? Making moves to make Anthony happy? If I were him I would want out!
If Anthony cared as much about winning as he wants everyone to think, he wouldn't have taken every penny he could get.

If Anthony cared as much about winning as he wants everyone to think, he wouldn't have taken every penny he could get.
yeah, if anthony actually cared about winning as a knick, he would not have forced the knicks to gut their team to trade for him, when he could of opt for free agency to come to new york in 2011. sorry i just can't feel sorry for these athletes who gets paid millions of dollars.

Lin/Harden never worked out.

Also I've never said Howard was better than Harden, he was just our most consistent. Harden had a great postseason as well but had 2 horrible games when we needed him the most.

Lin/Harden never worked out. Also I've never said Howard was better than Harden, he was just our most consistent. Harden had a great postseason as well but had 2 horrible games when we needed him the most.
harden is basically the next kobe, who draws more foul, and more willing to pass

This tweet from Broussard was addressed by Cuban's own tweet. "@Chris_Broussard that's is the dumbest shit Ive ever heard. If you had any ethics u would msg me and I will give u his address."

Nonetheless, we got fuck 'd pretty hard by the unprofessionalism of DeAndre Jordan...turned a very productive offseason into a reality that the Dirk Nowitzki era has ended in Dallas...I'm still not fully over it but I'll accept it in time. My personal opinion is that we should tank and send Dirk ( :cry:) to a contender for his last shots at a title. No way should a legend like Dirk have to endure a tanking season this late in his career, but the pick that we traded for Rondo is for the upcoming draft is only ours if it ends up 1st-7th pick so we have to be pretty bad to get it back.

How do you all feel with your teams offseason? Roy you don't need to answer you lucky bastard lol

EDIT: It's getting real between them: @Chris_Broussard how about this. You post any proof I was calling/texting his friends asking anything I give 100k to charity of yr choice.
Yeah I can't believe that there was going to be a player more booed in Dallas than Rondo this upcoming season, but DJ has taken care of that with his behavior. But while as a Mavs fan it did sting initially, I agree with RoytheRobot that this offseason has been extremely entertaining. I've laughed so much at the various memes and comments on Mavs/NBA forums that it was pretty quick and easy to get over it.

Still I like their Matthews signing and Zaza trade, and hope Matthews and Parsons can come back healthy. Would be nice if Deron Williams can revitalize his career back home assuming he does sign with Dallas in a couple of days. The Western teams are stacked with talent. It will definitely be tough to crack the playoffs with their current roster but I like going into the season with an underdog status.

Also fuck Broussard, I disliked him before this offseason and he didn't disappoint me with his current BS.

I think Kobe is gonna get hurt again... SMH. It's just he does too much for his body to handle. Even the injury in last nights game proves my point.  :wall:

can the nba + tnt inside the nba hurry up and start. I need to be saved from another tragic NFL season (damn niners)

bread's done
Back