NBA Street Vol. 3 with Mario Characters!!!

I like the sig. punqsux.

Hmm....interesting. Very nice on the part of Nintendo in terms of getting better relations with 3rd party developers. Just that they went after the wrong developer, but still it could be fun. I just don't know if this is enough to pry me away from my boycott because of their fiasco with the NFL and Madden. I don't pay for any sports game (other than the 2k series/ VC/ sega sports games) brand new anyways. If I had to choose a version to pick up though it would be definently be this one. I really dont care all that much for Online play. It's really sad that NBA Street is a casualty in this boycot of mine. That, SSX, and the Command and Conquer series were my favorite EA games. Maybe I'll just bypass it just for this when it get real cheap/used.

They couldn't be the world's largest third-party if they only made bad games. When you're the largest third-party, the sheer volume of games you churn out guarantees some bad apples.

From what I've read about this game and I really don't keep up with it, MJ won't be in it in anyway, shape or form. At least that's what I've read on other forums. EA probably went to Nintendo with this idea, cause the game wouldn't sell as good without MJ and they (EA) knows it. And if it doesn't have D-pad support for GC (like the 1st NBA Street did), I don't want it. Street 2 for GC didn't let you use the D-pad for movement, but part 1 did. And the old NBA Jam/Hangtime games will always kick Streets ass anyday of the week. (my opinion)

If this game asks if you want to format your memory card when you already have a saved Street file on the card, well, they can go to hell. NBA Street did that to me and I lost all my crap, except a couple games I had backed up. If we wanna format our cards, we can go to the memory card manager and do it ourselves. EA blows.

And how do we know that that's what the picture means? What if the All-Stars thing means something like Best Seller? To try and sell more copies. Or like ONLY FOR this system. What if someone buys it for Mario and Luigi and they're not even in there? :) I wouldn't buy it if Toad's not in there. And if Wario's in there he better diss EA. They should let him do that. And he better be able to talk crap to the stupid asses Kobe and Shaniqua (shaq).

[quote name='Wshakspear']Neat idea, but bad timing as far as announcements go...[/quote]

Yeah seriously.

Nintendo: "Hey, we've just partnered with Satan to bring you Satan's Basketball Jam 2006!"

[quote name='basketkase543'][quote name='Wshakspear']Neat idea, but bad timing as far as announcements go...[/quote]

Yeah seriously.

Nintendo: "Hey, we've just partnered with Satan to bring you Satan's Basketball Jam 2006!"[/quote]

:lol:

Great. :roll: This is just what Nintendo needs, their beloved mascots going toe-to-toe with those whiny-ass-bitches and thugs from the NBA. Does anyone else see an issue with mixing Nintendo characters with real world personalities? Maybe Bonds and Giambi can make an appearance in Mario baseball.

I hope this rumor remains just that, a rumor.

[quote name='Plumberboy']Great. :roll: This is just what Nintendo needs, their beloved mascots going toe-to-toe with those whiny-ass-bitches and thugs from the NBA. Does anyone else see an issue with mixing Nintendo characters with real world personalities? Maybe Bonds and Giambi can make an appearance in Mario baseball.

I hope this rumor remains just that, a rumor.[/quote]

:roll:

Yeah, let a few people out of the literal hundreds of players in the game let you judge things.

That's like saying this site is full of nerds. That is not true. Don't be biased or judge things. Calling everyone in the NBA "whiny-ass-bitches" and 'thugs"? :roll:

How do you know they're whiny or "thugs"? Do you know how a lot of these players really are? Or are you judging upon how they act based on their appearances? I mean, really...

Anyway if, this isn't a rumor, this is confirmed.

Professional sports has more than their share of thugs and criminals crying about everything from their treatment by the press and fans to their impoverished multi-million dollar salaries. It is the nature of professional sports, the NBA included. I believe Nintendo needs to be more selective about who their characters appear along side rather than just exposing them to the entire NBA. After all, theses characters are Nintendo's most valuable assets. Having Mario and Company appear along side Kobe Bryant or Ron Artest really is not a good idea in my opinion.

Out of Bounds shows that an alarming four out of every ten NBA players have a police record involving a serious crime.

Out of Bounds : Inside the NBA's Culture of Rape, Violence, and Crime

^^^^^^ Those are some pretty drastic accusations. I have to agree, its totally wrong of you to judge everyone based on others' bad actions. Even if 40% of nba players had a criminal record (and i seriously doubt that is accurate), no claim should be made of the entire nba player population.

While the phrase "those whiny-ass-bitches and thugs" was used for dramatic effect, I am not ignorant enough to believe the entire NBA has a police record. Although, 40% is extremely high. Those figures are based on the 2001–2002 season. Feel free to quote more recent stats if you can find them.

Since I may have over shadowed the main point of my argument, here it is once again:

I believe Nintendo needs to be more selective about who their characters appear along side rather than just exposing them to the entire NBA. After all, theses characters are Nintendo's most valuable assets. Having Mario and Company appear along side Kobe Bryant or Ron Artest really is not a good idea in my opinion.

This is not a generalization of the entire NBA.

They're the largest poarty cause you 'tards have poor taste.

same reason why halo and GTA sell.

people are stupid and buy stuid things

[quote name='primemayhem']Hell yeah, hopefully this opens the way for Mario in Madden!!![/quote]

I could see Waluigi going for a sack on Mario

Mario just don't fake the funk on the nasty dunk...

As for the whiny-ass thug comments...

Yeah, there are a lot of idiots in the NBA but I don't think stars like Tim Duncan, Grant Hill, Elton Brand, Ray Allen, Peja, Dirk Nowitski, Steve Nash, Michael Redd, Manu Ginobli, Carlos Boozer, Richard Jefferson, Antawn Jamison, Pau Gasol, Andrei Kirilenko, Yao Ming, Chauncey Billups would fall in to the whiny bitches category...just to name a few. Let's not generalize the whole league for the actions of a few clowns.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Mario just don't fake the funk on the nasty dunk...

As for the whiny-ass thug comments...

Yeah, there are a lot of idiots in the NBA but I don't think stars like Tim Duncan, Grant Hill, Elton Brand, Ray Allen, Peja, Dirk Nowitski, Steve Nash, Michael Redd, Manu Ginobli, Carlos Boozer, Richard Jefferson, Antawn Jamison, Pau Gasol, Andrei Kirilenko, Yao Ming, Chauncey Billups would fall in to the whiny bitches category...just to name a few. Let's not generalize the whole league for the actions of a few clowns.[/quote]

:applause:

Don't forget Tony Parker, Devin Brown, Tracy McGrady, Mike Bibby, Shaquille O'Neal (great, funny man), LeBron James, Brent Barry :)notworth: ), and countless others who are responsible, great people. Just remember NOBODY in life is completely innocent.

And don't forget legends like Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Michael Jordan, and Scottie Pippen. Guys like them are excellent, inspiring people. Especially Magic.

See? Don't let a few apples spoil the whole bunch. I'd love to see my favorite Nintendo characters go against my favorite players and Spurs.

And I'll be purchasing this game as soon as it comes out with some GR credit on the GCN for the Nintendo characters alone.

I haven't conducted background checks :wink:, but if Nintendo wanted to license the likeness of respectable NBA players (NFL, MLB, NHL, etc) for inclusion in say Mario Basketball (Football, Baseball, Hockey, etc), I don't think there would be an issue. However, indiscriminately throwing Nintendo characters into a game loaded with criminals (40% is not trivial) for a quick buck seems shortsighted and detrimental to the franchises Nintendo has worked so hard to build over the past 20 years. These franchises are currently Nintendo's lifeline and, IMO, should be protected as such.

Hopefully this argument is pointless and the inclusion of these characters in Street is still just a rumor. I have yet to see confirmation of this from Nintendo or EA. I'd be interested in reading more information regarding this collision of universes if someone has a link.

I cant imagine mario doin a crossover for some reason, maybe its because the ball is bigger than half his body and i dont think that will fit under his legs

[quote name='Nephets']

:applause:

Don't forget Tony Parker, Devin Brown, Tracy McGrady, Mike Bibby, Shaquille O'Neal (great, funny man), LeBron James, Brent Barry :)notworth: ), and countless others who are responsible, great people. Just remember NOBODY in life is completely innocent.

And don't forget legends like Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Michael Jordan, and Scottie Pippen. Guys like them are excellent, inspiring people. Especially Magic.

See? Don't let a few apples spoil the whole bunch. I'd love to see my favorite Nintendo characters go against my favorite players and Spurs.

And I'll be purchasing this game as soon as it comes out with some GR credit on the GCN for the Nintendo characters alone.[/quote]

Michael Jordan even played with Bugs Bunny a few times.... :(

I think that Mario should play *just* with the thugs. I'd love to see Mario say, "ima gonna rapada girl anda smokada joint". Actually, i'd probably leave the United States. Nintendo almost drove me out with the "DK Rap" from Donkey Kong 64.

You have to remember that most Gamecube owners aren't too into sports titles (according to Sega, anyway). I imagine it will definitely drive some multi-console owners to get the Gamecube version, but I think that boost will only put them on the same level as PS2/Xbox sales. I guess it depends how much Mario is involved in the title.

[quote name='Nephets'][quote name='Ikohn4ever']maybe the cube version will be lan capable[/quote]

Uhhh... LAN capable basketball game?

Aren't LANs used for splitscreens so you don't have the half screen?[/quote]

Silly Nephets! LANs are for tunneling!!!

[quote name='DenisDFat']how can it not? it's EA. EA sucks at making video games.[/quote]

I bet you havn't played volume 1 and 2....

[quote name='MorPhiend'][quote name='Nephets'][quote name='Ikohn4ever']maybe the cube version will be lan capable[/quote]

Silly Nephets! LANs are for tunneling!!![/quote]

are you talking about Warpipe? That shit doesn't compare to XBL at all....

[quote name='DenisDFat']because people with gamecubes have above aveage tastes. Sports games are foir losers[/quote]

First off, sports games are awesome, second off, how could you flame games/ a game that you have never played?

[quote name='help1'][quote name='MorPhiend'][quote name='Nephets'][quote name='Ikohn4ever']maybe the cube version will be lan capable[/quote]

are you talking about Warpipe? That **** doesn't compare to XBL at all....[/quote]

Why must you be so hateful/fanboyish? I never said anything about a console. XBOX has also been tunneled. Have you even used either one of them? Do you realize that the games playable on these are not made for an online feature? Do you realize that tunneling is not built into the console a la XBL? Grow up. I was just trying to make a cute comment. Sounds like you're just angry that M$ didn't do an exclusive Halo deal with EA.

[quote name='help1'][quote name='DenisDFat']because people with gamecubes have above aveage tastes. Sports games are foir losers[/quote]

First off, sports games are awesome, second off, how could you flame games/ a game that you have never played?[/quote]

Because he's DenisDFat.

[quote name='help1'][quote name='MorPhiend'][quote name='Nephets'][quote name='Ikohn4ever']maybe the cube version will be lan capable[/quote]

are you talking about Warpipe? That shit doesn't compare to XBL at all....[/quote]

Stupid "gangsta" wannabe, who would want to play a laggy sports game on XBL anyway?

[quote name='help1'][quote name='DenisDFat']because people with gamecubes have above aveage tastes. Sports games are foir losers[/quote]

First off, sports games are awesome, second off, how could you flame games/ a game that you have never played?[/quote]

Actually
1. Sports games are not that awesome in terms of overall sales, except for the all importaint Madden.
2. The time window for sports games is soooo small, that if you don't get the sales in ~3 months you are f'ed.
3. You are an idiot, try using some some facts
4. If you really were a "gangsta" you would be dead by now, or be someone's bitch in prison.

[quote name='sying'][quote name='help1'][quote name='MorPhiend'][quote name='Nephets'][quote name='Ikohn4ever']maybe the cube version will be lan capable[/quote]

are you talking about Warpipe? That shit doesn't compare to XBL at all....[/quote]

Stupid "gangsta" wannabe, who would want to play a laggy sports game on XBL anyway?[/quote]

XBL and PS2online don't lag, you must play GCN online or use XBOXConnnect and think they are just as good, sorry they ain't. And gangstta? When did I say I was gangsta?

[quote name='MorPhiend'][quote name='help1'][quote name='MorPhiend'][quote name='Nephets'][quote name='Ikohn4ever']maybe the cube version will be lan capable[/quote]

are you talking about Warpipe? That **** doesn't compare to XBL at all....[/quote]

Why must you be so hateful/fanboyish? I never said anything about a console. XBOX has also been tunneled. Have you even used either one of them? Do you realize that the games playable on these are not made for an online feature? Do you realize that tunneling is not built into the console a la XBL? Grow up. I was just trying to make a cute comment. Sounds like you're just angry that M$ didn't do an exclusive Halo deal with EA.[/quote]

FAnboy? HA. You think I like EA? HA. And you know alwell as I know, tunneling is VERY laggy/unstable compared to XBL or PSOnline.

[quote name='help1'][quote name='sying'][quote name='help1'][quote name='MorPhiend'][quote name='Nephets'][quote name='Ikohn4ever']maybe the cube version will be lan capable[/quote]

Stupid "gangsta" wannabe, who would want to play a laggy sports game on XBL anyway?[/quote]

XBL and PS2online don't lag, you must play GCN online or use XBOXConnnect and think they are just as good, sorry they ain't. And gangstta? When did I say I was gangsta?[/quote]

Don't kid yourself. Every system has its lagfests. XBL is no difference. Hell even tetris lags every so often. I have all 4 online systems (XBOX, PS2, GC and DS) and so far They all lag sometimes. And sports games are a novelty item. Its cool for a very short while until you get distracted by a shiny object.

Oh and you said you were a gangsta here:
http://cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42604

[quote name='DenisDFat']They're the largest poarty cause you 'tards have poor taste.

same reason why halo and GTA sell.

people are stupid and buy stuid things[/quote]

I always laugh when soomeone calls another person stupid and mispells a bunch of words in the process. :lol: :p

[quote name='sying'][quote name='help1'][quote name='sying'][quote name='help1'][quote name='MorPhiend'][quote name='Nephets'][quote name='Ikohn4ever']maybe the cube version will be lan capable[/quote]

XBL and PS2online don't lag, you must play GCN online or use XBOXConnnect and think they are just as good, sorry they ain't. And gangstta? When did I say I was gangsta?[/quote]

Don't kid yourself. Every system has its lagfests. XBL is no difference. Hell even tetris lags every so often. I have all 4 online systems (XBOX, PS2, GC and DS) and so far They all lag sometimes. And sports games are a novelty item. Its cool for a very short while until you get distracted by a shiny object.

Oh and you said you were a gangsta here:
http://cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42604[/quote]

Well, in his defense, he said he wore clothes that you see blacks wearing a lot. I don't think anybody really cares. Just clothing. Read the thread over, he never said he was a "gangsta"...

bread's done
Back