NCAA March Madness Tournament Contest (Watch LSU/UCLA to see who wins!)

User:Shoagie_00
Picks:Shoagie's Picks

yeah obvious, this should be fun. I won one last year for 315 dollars so the chance of me winning again is pretty slim. Thanks for startin this up!

ugh, such a shitty opening round. Especially because i have oklahoma and seton hall going to the next round. At least i got BC, Florida, and tenn this round so far

I'm in luck so far, as the losing teams that I picked don't go any further, so I just need those winners to not win anymore. That BC game was too close, almost ruined my bracket. It looks like Gonzaga is coming back, just in time.

woo i'm tied for first :D

pssh, bc was just playin with them for the first 40 mins and tried getting pacific's hopes up in the first OT...in the second one...pure spanking...

[quote name='swetooth9']woo i'm tied for first :D

pssh, bc was just playin with them for the first 40 mins and tried getting their hopes up in the first OT...in the second one...pure spanking...[/QUOTE]

Whoo-hooo, I'm tied for 8th with 20 other CAG's :D.

The standings page on the group frontpage will be out of date while games are played, so if you want up-to-date standings, go to your picks and then click on the link for the Scenario Generator tool and it'll have the updated standings. Plus, you can try out various scenarios to see how games alter your standings depending on the outcome.

Curse Nevada, I forgot to fix my bracket to have BC winning to the sweet 16, now I have nothing in the bracket.

But way to go UW Milwaukee.

[quote name='swetooth9']woo i'm tied for first :D

pssh, bc was just playin with them for the first 40 mins and tried getting pacific's hopes up in the first OT...in the second one...pure spanking...[/quote]

I need your BC to go ahead to the Championship against my Tigers and lose, haha, so could you tell them that? Who thinks Memphis with go down to Oral Roberts?

[quote name='thamaster24']I need your BC to go ahead to the Championship against my Tigers and lose, haha, so could you tell them that? Who thinks Memphis with go down to Oral Roberts?[/quote]

i put memphis beating oral, but losing to arkansas

[quote name='swetooth9']i put memphis beating oral, but losing to arkansas[/quote]

To me, Oral Roberts is more of a challenge than Arkansas, all they gots Ronnie Brewster and Joey Dorsey's gonna shut him down. Did anyone else for a split second think Southern had a chance against Duke cause I did.

I'm tied for 2nd after the first day with 8 others. I'm just glad that I didn't have any of my bad picks winning another game.

[quote name='onikage']I'm tied for 2nd after the first day with 8 others. I'm just glad that I didn't have any of my bad picks winning another game.[/QUOTE]
About the same here, all of my losses I have losing in the next round anyway, so it's not that bad. I'm 20th and tied with about 20 people.

[quote name='onikage']I'm tied for 2nd after the first day with 8 others. I'm just glad that I didn't have any of my bad picks winning another game.[/QUOTE]

To my great surprise, I am in that group as well.

A couple of my upsets came through (Wisc-Milwaukee, Alabama), but Nevada hosed me - I had them winning the next one too #-o. And way to choke it Syracuse, after all those inspiring wins to get in :roll:. At least Gonzaga saved me from total disaster, as I had them winning the next one too (then losing to UCLA).

And it is kind of funny, I was rooting against George Washington because I thought I had picked UNCW, but I was wrong :D. I must have picked UNCW in the ESPN picks I made earlier last night.

Oh well, I have some interesting picks for tomorrow. I hate Arizona, but they better fucking win the first game. If they lose it is just further proof that Lute Olsen likes to screw with me. And then there's the best public university in the world. They better win that first game as well as I have them going to the Final 8 :D.

I'm glad I picked against syracuse, I made the change like 1 hour before the brackets finalized, but man, the zags and bc had me way to worried today.
good luck to everyone tomorrow - just hopefully not as good as mine :)

[quote name='thamaster24']To me, Oral Roberts is more of a challenge than Arkansas, all they gots Ronnie Brewster and Joey Dorsey's gonna shut him down. Did anyone else for a split second think Southern had a chance against Duke cause I did.[/quote]

i did...i didnt watch the whole thing, but i went to sleep when duke was up by like 6 or 4....i actually dreamt that duke lost and reddick hanged himself...then i woke up and went to check the scores and duke had NOT lost :lol:

Big East goes 0 for 3 in their first round games so far. Yeah, they weren't over rated as a conference or anything.

LOL i finally found myself . i was using the wrong email address...

after day 1 rank 2 WOOO

stupid nevada screwed me though i had them going all the way to the semi in their bracket

[quote name='io']To my great surprise, I am in that group as well.

And it is kind of funny, I was rooting against George Washington because I thought I had picked UNCW, but I was wrong :D. I must have picked UNCW in the ESPN picks I made earlier last night.
[/quote]

Well, I was rooting against GW and decided to turn off the game once UNCW got up by 18 in the second half. I turned the game back on like 5 minutes later and GW was down by 1 and at the FT line... :headache:

[quote name='priest_ridden']man, Iowa just fubared my bracket I had them winning in the next round... a 14 over a 3, damned Iowa[/QUOTE]
least you didnt have them in the final four... :(

man i had 2nd place after day one.... after today i probally be towards the bottom

I had IOWA going to the final 4 in their backet (losing against texas)

With Cal losing I am officially hosed (had 'em smokin' Texass and going to the Final 8). I don't even want to watch any more games. I *might* watch UCLA and Gonzaga if they manage to meet up (and hope they both lose - can I do that? :D). I have no interest in any other teams. I don't even know who won last year.

I hate the way cbs covers the games; they did a much better job back when they used multiple channels. I hope ESPN takes it away from them in the near future.

[quote name='Murcielago77']tied for 13th (3rd), not too bad. should be getting another 4 points if things stay as they are and kansas scores some more fuckin points[/QUOTE]

they wont... theyll choke like they did last year to bucknell... either way my bracket has tons of holes and Im outta the running unless ohio state somehow wins it all.

[quote name='swetooth9']yea i'm pretty much done for since i put kansas in the final four...[/QUOTE]

yea... well my whole iowa side has now turned to shit... I had syracuse and iowa in the elite 8 on that side... so now the zags are my crutch

[quote name='Madskills1182']Kansas man what happenend?? They played like crap. Had them in the elite 8. Still tied for first though.[/QUOTE]

Damn, I can't believe I'm still in 13th (with a bunch of people) after today. That whole Atlanta bracket is completely hosed for me except for one thing - I picked Duke to win it so I can still pick up some points there. I actually had Kansas losing to Pitt next game, so I can do good in the Oakland one. But actually, besides Cal, all of my Elite 8 are still there, so I might end up OK after next weekend. Boy was today bad though :D. I only got 1 of 4 (Texas) right in that lower part of the Atlanta bracket.

Well if they would update the standings, that would be nice, but im not doing too bad, 23 points after round 1, lost only 2 sweet 16 teams and 0 elite 8 and 0 final four teams, so im in good shape for the future

Man uh does March Madness have to be this crazy. Too many upsets and the games are so freakin close. Well I still got all my final four teams and I really want Duke to lose today, It would destroy some brackets I'm hoping some final 4 brackets since I have them going to the elite 8. WHO would have accepted a Uconn loss yesterday, I would but I have them in the final 4, but then I bet at least 3/4 of the brackets in our league would have been burned

What's wrong with Kansas and Mich St. these past few years other than Mich St. making the Final 4 last year

My Oakland bracket is fucked up with the Kansas loss, but everything else looks fine. I see I'm in the back at 33 with a few others. The next two days are where the brackets either stand strong or completely fall apart (if they haven't already).

bread's done
Back