NCAA March Madness Tournament Contest (Watch LSU/UCLA to see who wins!)

Yes I won!!! I just did the scenerio generator with all the possiblities and I am in first place in any case. This is awesome, I wasn't expecting to win. Picking UCLA to the Final Four won it for me.

[quote name='Locinator']Yes I won!!! I just did the scenerio generator with all the possiblities and I am in first place in any case. This is awesome, I wasn't expecting to win. Picking UCLA to the Final Four won it for me.[/QUOTE]

Well, I did the same thing (UCLA) and it got me, hopefully, into 2nd place, but nowhere near your score :D. So it was more than UCLA that did it for you.

I don't think ANYONE will get points from the semis and finals.

[quote name='swetooth9']how the fuck do people call george mason in the final four like that?????[/QUOTE]

every see back to the future part 2? Its the only logical answer.

He must work for yahoo, only explanation. Either that or he fill out 20,000 different brackets with different scenerios. Man I wish my UW Huskies were still in it, damn that Rashard Anderson.

[quote name='Locinator']He must work for yahoo, only explanation. Either that or he fill out 20,000 different brackets with different scenerios. Man I wish my UW Huskies were still in it, damn that Rashard Anderson.[/QUOTE]

i'm still pissed about the officiating. Uconn had a 10 second backcourt violation that wasnt called that cost the huskies. and beyond that in OT the refs called dentmon on a trip that wasnt even there and that cost us our starting pointing guard.

Can't believe I was actually at that GMU-UConn game. The crowd was going absolutely nuts. Definitely the most exciting sporting event I've ever attended in person.

Craziest thing is that I was figuring the GMU-Wichita St game was my best shot at seeing a real nail biter, but it turned out GMU handled Wichita pretty easily and both UConn games went to OT :) When the GMU-UConn game started I even got a little depressed that I was probably getting ready to watch a boring blow out.

UCLA is the only Final Four team that more than 2-3% of people are going to have.

Once UCLA made the final 4 I figured that might have sealed it for Loc, and I guess it did.

Wow, i'm in 4th place. Stupid me for not sticking with my Gators to win it all. I guess that's what happens when you tru to think about how good they other teams are and specualte how good your team can do. i guess that's just the crazy thing about this tourney.

Alright, with the Final Four games coming up tomorrow night, it's time to see who our winners will be depending on how the games go. I ran through the few possible scenarios, and this is what it all boils down to:

If UCLA beats LSU tomorrow, the winners are:
1. wookie - 83
2. gambitmachete - 79
3. Io's picks - 76

If LSU beats UCLA tomorrow, the winners are:
1. wookie - 83
2. Io's picks - 76
3. Red's Hot Ass Picks - 69

Early congrats go out to Locinator (wookie) for locking up the 1st place spot, and Io for grabbing a spot regardless of the winner, but he'll need to watch the game to see where he stands. Either gambitmachete or Redeema will grab a spot depending whether LSU or UCLA wins. Good luck to those remaining.

As for prizes, I may still be adding a few more things, so you possible winners should keep an eye on that prize list. If anybody else has anything to add, feel free to let me know, but I'll cut off the donations by tomorrow night.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Alright, with the Final Four games coming up tomorrow night, it's time to see who our winners will be depending on how the games go. I ran through the few possible scenarios, and this is what it all boils down to:

1. wookie - 83
2. gambitmachete - 79
3. Io's picks - 76

1. wookie - 83
2. Io's picks - 76

Early congrats go out to Locinator (wookie) for locking up the 1st place spot, and Io for grabbing a spot regardless of the winner, but he'll need to watch the game to see where he stands. Either gambitmachete or Redeema will grab a spot depending whether LSU or UCLA wins. Good luck to those remaining.

As for prizes, I may still be adding a few more things, so you possible winners should keep an eye on that prize list. If anybody else has anything to add, feel free to let me know, but I'll cut off the donations by tomorrow night.[/QUOTE]

Woo-hoo! Well, at least this adds some drama to the Final Four as I had UCLA and Florida losing (to Duke and UConn) so any futher picks, of course, are dead. Interesting, because normally I would want UCLA to win. But I don't care that much and I'd rather come in 2nd - so go LSU!

[quote name='wubb']

Once UCLA made the final 4 I figured that might have sealed it for Loc, and I guess it did.[/QUOTE]

Hey now, I picked both UCLA and Florida - it was just my atrocious early picks that knocked me out of any chance of first :rofl:. And of course I succumbed to the Duke/Uconn hype and picked both of them to get past UCLA and Florida and into the Finals. I KNEW it wasn't good to go with the favorites - all that does is put you in the upper part of the pack if they DO win, and of course knocks you out if they don't win. But hey, it was just dumb luck. I really didn't expect UCLA to go that far, and I didn't know much about Florida.

Hehe, what a horrible pair of Final Four games. Looks like I'll be in 3rd - UCLA is whoopin' up on LSU right now. I'm going out and will find out what happened when I get home later this evening.

Edit - just got back - Whoo-hoo, bronze medal for me!

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Alright, with the Final Four games coming up tomorrow night, it's time to see who our winners will be depending on how the games go. I ran through the few possible scenarios, and this is what it all boils down to:

1. wookie - 83
2. gambitmachete - 79
3. Io's picks - 76

1. wookie - 83
2. Io's picks - 76

As for prizes, I may still be adding a few more things, so you possible winners should keep an eye on that prize list. If anybody else has anything to add, feel free to let me know, but I'll cut off the donations by tomorrow night.[/QUOTE]

Whoa, cool. I gave up on this when the Illini lost in the second round, since I had them winning it all. But I guess GMU screwed up everyone else's Washington D.C. region too. :mrgreen:

Congrats to our three winners, as UCLA had a big win over LSU to get into the title game:

1. wookie (Locinator)
2. gambitmachete
3. io

This year's tourney was harder to predict than last year's tourney, as I believe the winners were in the 100's, but you guys made the best ones out of this group. I've got the finalized prize list and I'll be PMing you guys to let you guys pick out your prizes shortly, so make sure to look out for them. Thanks to everyone for entering, I'll see you guys here next year.

Yep, thanks Frisky for the pool. This year's tournament was fun through the regional finals and the pool on CAG was certainly fun.

But the Final Four has been HORRENDOUS. I'm watching UCLA get pasted right now. Ugly, ugly, ugly... I would want my money back for all 3 of these games if I had paid to attend :D.

I am so glad I didn't end up buying tickets for the final four, this has been so dam boring....dam Florida, National Championship blew.

Thanks again for all of the work you put into this Frisky. I was close but at least as a nice consolation my Gators won their first National Championship (I should've at least pick them to win it all, but the hype and my so-called "realistic thoughts" got the better of my bracket.) Oh well, there's always next year, which the Gators will repeat if they return all of the Baby Gators. Anywayz, congrats to the winners and a great contest.

bread's done
Back