Need help figuring out the name of some late 90's PC game

[quote name='celebsfann']need to know the name of a scary game I heard there was this one game. I think its PC? But not sure..It was buzzing around the internet recently I think. But everybody was saying it was the scariest game ever.anybody remember what it was called?[/QUOTE]
dunno I dont play PC much but... System Shock? Clive Barkers Undying? S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl? Penumbra?

A popular one now is Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

ok I only remember some aspects of the game. I think it came out mid 90's, its was a point and click the graphics were a 3d-ish claymation type of art style and it was for the PC. Now when I think about it the game seemed like one huge acid trip, some parts of the game I remember are you walk up to this house and when you open the door you are greeted by this weird little flying person that has a little propeller and a face and a metal hull for a body and hes smoking a cigar and he is rude. another part of the game I remember is there are these 3 floating cat like creatures and you have to correctly play the notes on an organ (like the ones in churches) in order to advance and when you do a portal opens up and you get sucked into it. Thats all I can remember about the game sooo If anyone can somehow find this game I will be your friend for eternity!

So I remember playing this pc game in elementary school in the 90's. It took place in a school. If I remember correctly, somebody was vandalizing the school and you had to find clues to figure out who it was. You could go into different classrooms and stuff and zoom in on posters on the wall. And, I think you had to fight robots in the school. I THINK the main character wore a trench coat and baseball hat. Does anybody know what I'm talking about?

Last edited by a moderator:
theres a game a remember playing in the 90's and you were this guy that takes a plane to different places around the world to collect packages. i think there were some kind of clues given to decide what package to get. there were warning for weather too and if it was stormy your plane was sent back. there was another screen that when you got the package it would be shown being loaded onto the screen. any help on what this game is called. thanks a lot

[quote name='Patch711']It's in the right direction, but still not the game i'm looking for.

Lords of Magic looks like it, but buildings and people are far smaller in the game i'm looking for than in this game.

I remember the archers, when you click on them, they had an high voice.
The building they came out looks like this:
__
| |, the left and right border are white, and at the top is was red.

The building for the knight's i think was a small castle with four tower's and the four tower's connect to each other with a wall.[/QUOTE]

Is it Battle Realms?

Google led me here. Guys please help me out on this one. Would anyone remember an old pc game(90s probably) which gave you a number of missions(destroy a base, take off from a ship, destroy other planes) and mini games, let you control a jet, helicopter, tank, and a fast,tiny car (any one per mission) and had a top down view . All i can remember is that a number of missions featured a destructible train which moved around the map, and also, the jet was yellow, could drop bombs, had a heatseeker and a smokescreen ability. The heli had missiles as well as a bombs(probably). There were some crazy side missions like car races, or ones in which you could play 'volleyball' by deflecting projectiles from tanks, or crazy ones in which you had to survive in a tiny car against some huge harvester truck.. probably released in the 90s.
anyone know of this???

mid to late 90s pc game, you could build tanks, helicopters and i think something else but you then searched the map for the other guys base and tryed to destroy it. you could build multiple vehicles and also go to a first person mode to take control of a vehicle, it was 3d with pretty bad graphics but still a fun game, also real-time. anyone?

Wasn't Cannon Fodder more of an action game? Or was there more than one version?

Either way, I have a game. It was a space flight sim like Wing Commander. You were the leader of a squadron of people and for each mission you would decide who to take with you. Each pilot had a different ship with different abilities. The pilots were both humans and aliens. The graphics for the pilots were really cartoony looking and almost anime, but not exactly. There was a lot of banter during the missions as well.

neithr of those were the game I was looking for it was not top down view it was "true" 3d and graphics were choppy at best. looked like those games were too new for what i was looking for

I've got two games that I've been trying to remember for years. The first one was an NES game that I played as a kid. As the years go by, it becomes harder and harder to remember, but I know it was a top-down adventure game somewhat like Legend of Zelda. You played as a ninja, though, and I believe the enemies were ninjas as well. I remember seeing green and trees a lot, so it must've been played in a forest of sorts. There were also caves (or something similar) that you could enter and I remember having a bit of trouble with these enemies that were either fat or overly muscular. Not sure what year it came out, but it was definitely newer than Zelda. I must've rented it sometime in 1990 because I remember renting Adventures of Gilligan's Island and Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers around the same time.

The other game is one I know nothing about because I never actually played it. Heck, I don't even know if it released. But I know it was a PS2 game that had been previewed on IGN (can't find it on their site at all). It was a Japanese game that stuck out to me because the name translated to something along the lines of Vampire With Long Fingers or Vampire With Long Nails.

EDIT: The first game is not Ninja Kid.

[quote name='ZombieToast']I've got two games that I've been trying to remember for years. The first one was an NES game that I played as a kid. As the years go by, it becomes harder and harder to remember, but I know it was a top-down adventure game somewhat like Legend of Zelda. You played as a ninja, though, and I believe the enemies were ninjas as well. I remember seeing green and trees a lot, so it must've been played in a forest of sorts. There were also caves (or something similar) that you could enter and I remember having a bit of trouble with these enemies that were either fat or overly muscular. Not sure what year it came out, but it was definitely newer than Zelda. I must've rented it sometime in 1990 because I remember renting Adventures of Gilligan's Island and Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers around the same time.

The other game is one I know nothing about because I never actually played it. Heck, I don't even know if it released. But I know it was a PS2 game that had been previewed on IGN (can't find it on their site at all). It was a Japanese game that stuck out to me because the name translated to something along the lines of Vampire With Long Fingers or Vampire With Long Nails.

EDIT: The first game is not Ninja Kid.[/QUOTE]

The Last Ninja? Try it out here...

http://www.1980-games.com/us/old-games/nintendo/l/Last_Ninja,_The/game.php

and is the second one Vampire Night? Not sure what else it would be.

It's not Last Ninja, unfortunately. It was a bit cartoonier and more of a top-down view like Legend of Zelda or the Jason portions of Blaster Master. I've gone through all of the games with "Ninja" in the title on that site and none of them are what I played as a kid, so it must not have "Ninja" in the title (it's also not Shadow of the Ninja, which they don't seem to have on their site).

As for Vampire Night...I'm not sure if that's right or not. I remember it having a weird name like I said, and this appears to just be called Vampire Night in the Japanese version. The Japanese cover looks vaguely familiar, but I'm still not certain. I'll try looking into it, though, so I'll see where that takes me.

Thanks for trying!

[quote name='ZombieToast']I've got two games that I've been trying to remember for years. The first one was an NES game that I played as a kid. As the years go by, it becomes harder and harder to remember, but I know it was a top-down adventure game somewhat like Legend of Zelda. You played as a ninja, though, and I believe the enemies were ninjas as well. I remember seeing green and trees a lot, so it must've been played in a forest of sorts. There were also caves (or something similar) that you could enter and I remember having a bit of trouble with these enemies that were either fat or overly muscular. Not sure what year it came out, but it was definitely newer than Zelda. I must've rented it sometime in 1990 because I remember renting Adventures of Gilligan's Island and Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers around the same time.
[/QUOTE]

This sorta sounds like Little Ninja Bros. There was an overhead map like Zelda 2, then when you hit an enemy it changed to an action scene that looked like the Jason parts of Blaster Master.

The fights in Little Ninja Bros. have a somewhat similar visual style, but the game I played didn't have battles confined to one screen. I'm also pretty sure it wasn't an RPG, but I may not have known any better at the time. But I'm fairly certain that it didn't play on a world map and that it was just an action game like LoZ. So far, the two best matches seem to be The Magic of Scheherazade and The Guardian Legend. Neither of them have anything to do with ninjas, but they're both pretty similar to what I remembered, just not quite right. Gah, I sometimes suspect I made the whole thing up!

Thanks for trying to help, though.

EDIT: Adventures of Dino Riki is pretty similar, although the color palette seems way off. I'm actually kinda wondering if it could've been Arkista's Ring. It looks closest to what I remember...it still doesn't seem quite right, though. But I think I've looked at pretty much every NES game, so I'm about ready to give up.

Trying to remember the name of a game, not a PC game but...
I've watched a Let's Play of this game but now I can't remember what it was called/who did the Let's Play, anywho...

The game was for Genesis (or maybe SNES) and was basically a side scroller beat em up, but it was all boss fights.
There were multiple weapons you had that could run out of ammo that would refill if you didn't use them.
It was fairly fast paced and you could dodge...

Yeah, not much info, but there aren't a whole lot of games that are only boss fights.

[quote name='mguiddy']Trying to remember the name of a game, not a PC game but...
I've watched a Let's Play of this game but now I can't remember what it was called/who did the Let's Play, anywho...

The game was for Genesis (or maybe SNES) and was basically a side scroller beat em up, but it was all boss fights.
There were multiple weapons you had that could run out of ammo that would refill if you didn't use them.
It was fairly fast paced and you could dodge...

Yeah, not much info, but there aren't a whole lot of games that are only boss fights.[/QUOTE]

Alien Soldier?

There was this game in the late 90's. it was a strategy game set in a sci fi setting. there were different ships that had different armorments. One i remember would shoot in three driections. It was a top down game and was really fun. You had to gather these crystals of different color.

Hey I need help finding the name of this old game I use to play on the computer. I don't remember what the whole story was, but I remember that part way through the game the main character gets some sort of disease and his skin turns purple and no one wants to talk to him because they think he's a abomination. I think the game begins in a house, but I'm not exactly sure. Sorry my description is vague. I was only five or six years old at the time. If anyone could help that would be great.

I was looking on the internet for a PC game I used to have that was really spooky, chilling, and scary. I don't remember the name of it. I may be the only one that ever had it it was a real obscure title. Something Like Heritage Hill or it might have been by Heritage software. But you the player lived in a town where the whole town was in a plot together against you and you had to walk around town and talk to people to try to get clues on what you had to do. The Police and the Firemen and even the mayor was in on it. The Next door neighbor had a really cute daughter but eventually you find out Her Dad is Keeping her against her will. so you gotta find a way to rescue her. You talk to the waitress at the coffee shop and she only gives you real subtle clues cause everyone is afraid to tell you anything. And you hardly ever see any one in town it like the streets are all dead. So you end up breaking into the city hall and the fire station and the school and try to find clues and things you can use to blackmail and threaten. and every once in a while the game would stop and ask you what you want to do.like do you want to break into this car or come back at night and do it or bust it up with the hammer in your had and if you pick the wrong path you can end up dying. it's really creepy. :shock:
Any one have a clue? :cold:

[quote name='badbane']There was this game in the late 90's. it was a strategy game set in a sci fi setting. there were different ships that had different armorments. One i remember would shoot in three driections. It was a top down game and was really fun. You had to gather these crystals of different color.[/QUOTE]

Star Control II?

So, Ive tried to for several years to figure this one out. Found this place by accident while trying, once again, to figure out the name. Im looking for a game I played in the late 90's. My father put it on my computer, it was one of his favorite games and I loved it. Its a space game, there was two different colors, green for yourself and red for the enemy which was the computer. He was an alien or something. Anyway, there was a grid in the top right of the screen showing planets, and you would click each planet to travel to it. You explored space, landing on planets and gathering resources from them. One of the goals was to aquire this planet, and aquire more then the bad guy. I believe there was a way to upgrade your ship, and there was a way to fight the enemy. I dont remember the details, but I do remember that the other guy talked a lot of smack, trash talking and throwing insults at you over the radio the whole you played. It was an old school game, not sure if it was a Windows based or if it came off of a disc or what, but Ive spent several years trying to track it down and met with failure. Any help would be appreciated. Just for your information, I was running Windows 95 or 98 at the time, I wanna say 95. It was a game listed in my Games menu on the start bar, so I wanna say that it came with Windows, but Im not sure. Please help! I loved that game!

I recently started playing Galaxy Online II and it made me think of a game I played in the late 90s. It was played on a Mac not sure version it was computer at my mother school. It allowed you to build up cargo vessles and transfer products planet to planet. Ships were upgradable and you eventually could get Battleships, you could enter battles and when ships were very low health you could use a beam to take over the ship and repair it to add to your own fleet. The star system changed everytime you opened the game it was pretty vast for a game during that time.
I believe it had single pages with pictures of when you arrived to the differnt planets and the interaction was minimal. Ive tried to check out all the star rogue and such type games but I cant seem to find one that matchs what I recall. Thanks for any help.

"After writing this I started thing about having an armada, so I searched that to find this other game that was based off a mac game and another space game. The mac games name was Escape Velocity and after trying to find pictures of it was the game I was thinking about"

There was a game kind of like Escape Velocity on the Mac back in the mid 90s (on a Mac LC III), downloaded through AOL's shareware area. It was more polished than just some shareware title though.

It was top down, had crew elements similar to PSI 5 Trading Co. where you could recruit different crew members, they could get injured, etc. From what I remember, there's a ship destroying planets and your little ship has to go destroy it.

I am trying to remember the name of this older PC game maybe 95-96 era. It is a turn based combat, kind of like the old final fantasy games. The game starts out with you in full, powerful, armor and sword and you enter town drunk. You get beat up by some muggers and left for dead and you have to slowly find your armor and weapons again while helping the locals. I think it was Legends or Adventures of something maybe starting with an "X." it is not the Legend(s) of Xiaban. It looks jap-anime style-esk. Thanks.

[quote name='droaks58']I was looking on the internet for a PC game I used to have that was really spooky, chilling, and scary. I don't remember the name of it. I may be the only one that ever had it it was a real obscure title. Something Like Heritage Hill or it might have been by Heritage software. But you the player lived in a town where the whole town was in a plot together against you and you had to walk around town and talk to people to try to get clues on what you had to do. The Police and the Firemen and even the mayor was in on it. The Next door neighbor had a really cute daughter but eventually you find out Her Dad is Keeping her against her will. so you gotta find a way to rescue her. You talk to the waitress at the coffee shop and she only gives you real subtle clues cause everyone is afraid to tell you anything. And you hardly ever see any one in town it like the streets are all dead. So you end up breaking into the city hall and the fire station and the school and try to find clues and things you can use to blackmail and threaten. and every once in a while the game would stop and ask you what you want to do.like do you want to break into this car or come back at night and do it or bust it up with the hammer in your had and if you pick the wrong path you can end up dying. it's really creepy. :shock:
Any one have a clue? :cold:[/QUOTE]

Even though this post is old as hell.... It's Harvester.

Looking for an old, possibly somewhat obscure, 90s pc game. I have been unable to find the game myself, so I thought I'd try my luck here. Having only played the demo there is isn't really a lot to go after, but here are some of the things I remember:

- Mid to late 90s
- Point and click, puzzle solving, dark atmosphere, somewhat scary.
- Possibly pre-rendered 3d, definitely some sequences with movie clips of real people
- Reminiscent of 7th Guest and Phantasmagoria (I think)
- The setting (at least for the demo) is underground or in some sort of bunker
- Puzzle involving some pipes or possibly a well. In connection to the puzzle you talk to a female ghost which appears from some well/basin.
- One hallway blocked by a few dinosaur/lizard monsters. I seem to remember that you could shoot these, but that I found it extremely difficult.

I've almost giving up on finding this one, so my eternal gratitude to anyone who can provide some help.

Unfortunately no. I vaguely remember the name being somewhat rpg/fantasyish, possibly ["something" quest]. But I couldn't swear on it.

[quote name='Fleshboy']Looking for an old, possibly somewhat obscure, 90s pc game. I have been unable to find the game myself, so I thought I'd try my luck here. Having only played the demo there is isn't really a lot to go after, but here are some of the things I remember:

- Mid to late 90s
- Point and click, puzzle solving, dark atmosphere, somewhat scary.
- Possibly pre-rendered 3d, definitely some sequences with movie clips of real people
- Reminiscent of 7th Guest and Phantasmagoria (I think)
- The setting (at least for the demo) is underground or in some sort of bunker
- Puzzle involving some pipes or possibly a well. In connection to the puzzle you talk to a female ghost which appears from some well/basin.
- One hallway blocked by a few dinosaur/lizard monsters. I seem to remember that you could shoot these, but that I found it extremely difficult.

I've almost giving up on finding this one, so my eternal gratitude to anyone who can provide some help.[/QUOTE]
That almost sounds like Shivers. I don't remember lizard monsters or having the ability to shoot, but the other details are fitting. It's probably not right, but you should check it out anyway just because it's a good game. Same goes for Shivers II. That and the Goosebumps game are two of my favorite point-and-click adventures.

I can confirm it's not Shivers, although I did have that thought for a short period of time since - as you said - a lot of the details match up (you're underground at some point, there are some ghosts you run across, etc). I played through it roughly a year ago. There's definitely no lizard monsters and you can't shoot anything.

Really great game, if a little rough around the edges.

Still trying to figure this one out; it seems like it's on the tip of my tongue.

bread's done
Back