NES CLASSIC Available preorders open@ Amazon.es

MusePrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
180 (99%)
Picked up my controller at Walmart. It took them 5 hours to get it ready for pickup, so I was pretty sure they were going to cancel my order ^^;

I don't know what the discrepancy is between the controller and console pickups, but I can confirm that the Panorama City, CA Walmart had the systems out in the case today. There were about 15 visible and BS shows them as having over 60 total. So I guess there's no guarantees with the pickup service but they are definitely there to be bought.

They won't ring up at a register unless the employee is willing to override, the registers report them as non distributable since they aren't at their release date yet, controllers do not appear to have a date enforced

That's crazy. Wonder how they got set up with a date but nothing to stop employees from putting them out on the shelves.

Maybe some people will get lucky..

well, they have an official street date of the 29th, so it makes sense. I got lucky, the walmart employee thought it was weird that my order auto refunded itself when I was there picking it up so she overrode and sold it.

TBH though, I'm already seeing some ppl post pics of resellers who cleared out a store so who knows, if you go in being nice you could get lucky, I just lucked out and was there at the right time while my order was still uncancelled

It sucks that these companies don't offer proper pre-orders anymore. I remember preordering the N64 and PS2 nearly a year ahead of time. I know I could have gotten the European edition, but I want the US box and adapter.

Last edited:
It sucks that these companies don't offer proper pre-orders anymore. I remember preordering the N64 and PS2 nearly a year ahead of time. I know I could have gotten the European edition, but I want the US box and adapter.
I imagine Amazon will end up doing a treasure truck thing again like they did with the SNES, it's kinda silly that US stores haven't done preorders

Was checking Brickseek and noticed that it is now showing that every Walmart in 250-mile radius of where I live has a 0 stock now. Went from having 18 - 30 per store to nada. Anyone else having it show the same for their zip codes?

Was checking Brickseek and noticed that it is now showing that every Walmart in 250-mile radius of where I live has a 0 stock now. Went from having 18 - 30 per store to nada. Anyone else having it show the same for their zip codes?
Mine all show 0 units also, probably walmart trying to curb the early sales or something

I noticed the same thing. 40 was the most shown on BS at a store near me.

Actually, there is no override needed anymore. The units will ring up and sell like any other item in the store. Just that the actual release date is not till Friday. It just comes down to will the employee ring it up or not. Some of the stores I went to said nope wait till Friday and others had already said screw it and sold out.

Why is it only Walmart? They are the worst place for pre orders. Just sell me a controller online for shipping somebody please

Targets were doing the same thing today. So you could check them out as well. Seems to be hit or miss really. Same crap as the last time.

Why is it only Walmart? They are the worst place for pre orders. Just sell me a controller online for shipping somebody please
The controllers have been the hardest thing to obtain lol, find a Walmart that has stock they aren't street dated

Amazon EU slapped a shipping label on the box and sent it across the pond to me. Banged to hell and all. Weeeeeeeeeee

Amazon EU slapped a shipping label on the box and sent it across the pond to me. Banged to hell and all. Weeeeeeeeeee
Just be glad it didn't get caught up in customs. Sometimes random packages are flagged and they will rip open parts of the box to inspect the contents. I got one that way once from Amazon in Europe. Took like a month to arrive, and instead of just opening the box right and re-taping it they tore open a couple of corners to insert a camera scope and left it like that.

The last few days I've been debating on do I really want to wait in line and attempt to get one? I have the SNES mini and it's never been opened. Think I'm just going to go the Raspberry Pi route and screw the hassle and frustration.

The last few days I've been debating on do I really want to wait in line and attempt to get one? I have the SNES mini and it's never been opened. Think I'm just going to go the Raspberry Pi route and screw the hassle and frustration.
Truthfully, besides the nostalgic play, there really is no reason to go out of one's way to buy these. Even as someone who has fond memories of the NES, I certainly wouldn't spend the time some do here hunting for one. There are far more convenient and cheaper ways to play these games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thinkgeek will have NES Classics online at 9AM EST, and also in-store. Didn't see any statement on Gamestop itself. I'm still assuming Amazon is going to pull a treasure truck sale for the US market

I have both an NES Classic and a RPi setup... what you are comparing is like the simplicity of a GBA with the complexity of a Linux PC. The Mini systems are fast booting, you can just turn them off, and the menu system is super easy to navigate. There are limits sure, but it's a dead simple device even if you don't do anything but play the games built in.

The RPi is a fantastic little computer. It's a computer. You have to copy the os to a microsd and then run a setup program on a computer before you can even use it. It starts up and has to run through all of it's linux loading things and that isn't instant. It has to be shut down or you can corrupt the OS. YES you can run a lot more stuff on it, but it can also be a pain trying to find the right games that will work when it comes to the arcade stuff. Some arcade games run with odd audio issues, present some controller lag, and can have graphical issues as well. For the most part it's a great system but it's not a system you just start and run. It takes some configuration and even then it then becomes a chore trying to decide if you want to dump thousands of games to it and wade through massive lists to find something to play or spend that time being picky about it. Whatever the case, it's a great device to own, but it's not without it's issues. The need to boot and shut it down is often a bit of a headache... especially since by default there's no power button so you have to either put it on a surge strip, buy a power adapter with a power button on it, or do one of the many other things to have a way to cycle the power.

SO just be aware. I own both. Both have their uses. At the end of the day if you have an SNES Classic and haven't put time in with it.. it may not be smart to buy a Raspberry Pi and get into it. It may be that you just aren't as interested in playing classics as it is the idea of playing classics. I've fallen in that trap to some degree... though I at least have had some fun playing mine.

There are lots of ways to play retro games on various devices these days. For me, I got the NES and SNES classics because I like being able to use the original controllers, I want to support Nintendo, and it is so freaking cool to have tiny versions of the consoles I grew up with.

If you do decide to go another route,
I cannot recommend the Nvidia Shield enough (and this is after trying many other devices). I use mine mainly as a media player, but its massive processing power also handles up to N64, PS1, and PSP games like a champ. The RPi cannot touch it.

There are lots of ways to play retro games on various devices these days. For me, I got the NES and SNES classics because I like being able to use the original controllers, I want to support Nintendo, and it is so freaking cool to have tiny versions of the consoles I grew up with.
Same here, I bought both to support and have a mini version of my systems. I even did a project putting a Pi Zero inside a NES Cartridge, worked like a charm ( NES , SNES, Genesis and SMS) with a wired controller or a 8bitdo wireless.

Does Nintendo actually need our support? It's not like they are hurting for money like some small indie or niche game developer. With the way, Nintendo has always handled product releases and their shortages seem more like people shouldn't support crap practices like that.

Does Nintendo actually need our support? It's not like they are hurting for money like some small indie or niche game developer. With the way, Nintendo has always handled product releases and their shortages seem more like people shouldn't support crap practices like that.
Maybe you are right but my idea of support is to continue releasing products, like if NES Classic was a success, let's release SNES Classic, if keeps selling like this, let's release a N64 Classic. That's my objective.

[ ]'s

Maybe you are right but my idea of support is to continue releasing products, like if NES Classic was a success, let's release SNES Classic, if keeps selling like this, let's release a N64 Classic. That's my objective.

[ ]'s
I actually wouldn't mind a GBA Classic and Gameboy Classic as well. Loaded with 50 to 100 games on each.

I actually wouldn't mind a GBA Classic and Gameboy Classic as well. Loaded with 50 to 100 games on each.
I've been holding off purchasing some Virtual Console games I really want just in case there's a GB/GBA Classic and N64 Classic. Hope they happen soon.

Last edited:
Got it and controller. Mobile site and app were not working. Added to cart on desktop site. Then desktop site didn't work. So switched back to app, was in my cart. checked out no problem.

My Local Meijer had more than enough to cover the people there for the midnight launch

Gamestop is massively under load cuz of the B2G1 sale, if you got to the confirmation page you're good

bread's done
Back